Expectant Parents To Be....

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

In light of our furry, expectant Hammy and OM, I thought I'd start a thread for parents and parents to be, to hear about the ups and downs of waiting for a baby.

One question I have is if the women find it irritating or okay when people insist on patting their stomach especially if they haven't even asked if they could. I see that often and it seems kind of personal to me, like a pregnant woman somehow becomes everybody's property.

Do the men ever feel left out during the pregnancy period?

What kinds of things do people say to you that make you happy, sad, or angry?

:)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I dont know but I like that glow they get. All angelic looking.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

Touching another person without their permission is rude at best, assault at worst. I don't know where the thinking that a pregnant woman's belly is public property came from, but I socked a guy who put his hand on me when I was pregnant. Total stranger. Just out of nowhere, put his hand on my belly. He was very, very surprised when he landed on his ass about six feet away. I bet he's never touched a pregnant woman since *wikkid grin*
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Erinna1112;488042 wrote: Touching another person without their permission is rude at best, assault at worst. I don't know where the thinking that a pregnant woman's belly is public property came from, but I socked a guy who put his hand on me when I was pregnant. Total stranger. Just out of nowhere, put his hand on my belly. He was very, very surprised when he landed on his ass about six feet away. I bet he's never touched a pregnant woman since *wikkid grin*

Id ask you first. Would you punch me in the face if I asked ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I have never been pregnant..but I agree, seems rather much like invading the woman's personal space. I mean, the same person would not pat the father to be on his willy and say "way to go big guy" or something like that.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Marie5656;488054 wrote: I have never been pregnant..but I agree, seems rather much like invading the woman's personal space. I mean, the same person would not pat the father to be on his willy and say "way to go big guy" or something like that.

and......???
I AM AWESOME MAN
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

OK, Nomad. :-3 :thinking: :) :rolleyes:
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

wow that was 8 years ago. yes, people at work rub my stomach. did not mind that, but, i knew them. i found toward the end i would cry for no reason at all. happy sad or mad. everything errotated me. tazz:-6
koan

Post by koan »

It is an odd assumption that a pregnant belly is public property. I think it's an impish urge. Different people have different boundaries. I've dodged my share of kisses on the cheek. A film industry custom I never really got used to.

One girl at work had a problem with everyone telling her how to be pregnant. She asked me at what point it was too much. So I watched for a bit and, sure enough, within fifteen minutes someone walked up, rubbed her belly and told her to play classical music through headphones on her stomach because it would make the baby smarter. She looked at me, exasperated, so I piped up with "From what I've seen, the dumber a person is the happier, leave the kid alone."

She laughed, the stranger left and, apparently, I broke the cycle.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Pinky;488159 wrote: :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

D'ya dare me to give it a try?

Back about 50 or 60 years ago, in this country at least there was something called a "Double Dog Dare". That was one you knew was the big one. So...I double dog dare you, Pinky. :D
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Pregnant women make me broody, little screechy babies don't.

Should I be worried?

Hammys coming here next week! :thinking: :eek:
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;488591 wrote: Yikes! Is there going to be two of you in the club then? Aww, I get to be bad auntie Luce twice over, yay!

Be warned, I fed Jack orange squash and chocolate muffins for breakfast. That backfired on me though as he wanted to play shops for hours, haha!:wah:

:wah: It might just be the immaculate conception then!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;488609 wrote: Hehe, that'd be me if I ended up preggers! You have to boink someone first right?:thinking: :D

Not entirely sure, but I think so! :D
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;488618 wrote: Oh right!!! That's why I'm still childless. Must make an effort to boink more.

That's kind of hard (s'cuse the pun!) as when we're not fighting, he goes to bed waaaay earlier than me!

Go get an early night then Pinky! :wah:

Anyway who said it has to be limitied to bedtime girl! The fact that you have no children right now means it can be a Martini moment anytime in your house! :-6
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Betty Boop;488884 wrote: Go get an early night then Pinky! :wah:

Anyway who said it has to be limitied to bedtime girl! The fact that you have no children right now means it can be a Martini moment anytime in your house! :-6
You mean some people do it .......in the day? :-3 .....:yh_giggle

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Uncle Kram;488885 wrote: You mean some people do it .......in the day? :-3 .....:yh_giggle

So someone has led me to believe, yes! Lucky things!

What I want to know though is do they turn the light off? :D
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

I find that a paper bag over the head usually works to mimc darkness!!

Also good if you want to pretend you're with someone else and it doesn't matter whose head you put it on!!:sneaky:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Imladris;489076 wrote: I find that a paper bag over the head usually works to mimc darkness!!

Also good if you want to pretend you're with someone else and it doesn't matter whose head you put it on!!:sneaky:
...and they say romance is dead :rolleyes: :D

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Uncle Kram;489082 wrote: ...and they say romance is dead :rolleyes: :D

Only in my house!!

We're about as romantic as a train crash - but at least we're well suited!:wah:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Red

Post by Red »

Nobody would of dared to touch my bump when i was pg, i think the 'dont you DARE touch me or ill break ur arm' vibe i was giving out was obviously very strong :rolleyes:

People did become incredibly tactless and seemed to think no subject was off limits, i had perfect strangers asking me if i intended to breastfeed....?

Another great confidence booster was...God arent you huge! :-5

us gals still do have feelings whilst with child!

In fact i was even more sensitive about the whole body thing and hated being pg, which is a shame as i was so looking forward to it but ill health played a major part in how i felt about it unfortunately.

Which brings me to an important question...Why the fk am i doing it again??? :D

Aw cos my littlelegs was worth every miserable month :-6
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Red;489087 wrote: Nobody would of dared to touch my bump when i was pg, i think the 'dont you DARE touch me or ill break ur arm' vibe i was giving out was obviously very strong :rolleyes:

People did become incredibly tactless and seemed to think no subject was off limits, i had perfect strangers asking me if i intended to breastfeed....?

Another great confidence booster was...God arent you huge! :-5

us gals still do have feelings whilst with child!

In fact i was even more sensitive about the whole body thing and hated being pg, which is a shame as i was so looking forward to it but ill health played a major part in how i felt about it unfortunately.

Which brings me to an important question...Why the fk am i doing it again??? :D

Aw cos my littlelegs was worth every miserable month :-6

Which is exactly why we do do it again and again! My first pregancy wasn't good but I sailed through the second one no probs. Fingers crossed you'll be the same!
Red

Post by Red »

Oh i def hope so betty i do not want to go through that torture again tyvm! :( they say you forget the pain...bull...it just gets a little hazy
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

Nomad;488046 wrote: Id ask you first. Would you punch me in the face if I asked ?

I might punch you in the face just *for* asking.

:P
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

no strangers ever touched my tummy but people I know did and it would freak me out if I didn't expect it.

I did get all the questions from strangers though! :-2

Like, what are you having, when's your due date, have you picked out names, etc. :rolleyes:
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

Marie5656;488054 wrote: I have never been pregnant..but I agree, seems rather much like invading the woman's personal space. I mean, the same person would not pat the father to be on his willy and say "way to go big guy" or something like that.

:yh_rotfl
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Trust me on this we guys would encourage this behavior.:cool:
Raven

Post by Raven »

I admit to touching baby bumps. But only If I know you, and only for luck! hehehe after all, I AM a nurse! :yh_bigsmi But I dont recall anyone touching mine. (it was awhile back though) And yes I got terribly tired over everyone giving suggestions and telling me every horror story about pregnancy they could think of!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

It's been 10 years, since the last one was born, but still remember people rubbing my belly, NEVER strangers, friends of mine...I remember someone asking me, doesn't it bother you when people do that? There was one friend that always did it every time I saw her...and depending on the person...nahhh...I loved the attention...

I was very sick all of my pregnancies...all 9 months, the pain does get hazy, but one never FORGETS...

I do remember all the stories of everyone's pregnancies and births, how much their children weighed, length yadda yadda yadda... I have a good friend pregnant with her first child, and she was really nervous about being pregnant before she found out...Us girls at the office told her all our "Mom" stories before she was pregnant, so now she doesn't have to hear them while pregnant!!
teramiabullfrog

Post by teramiabullfrog »

RedGlitter;488031 wrote: In light of our furry, expectant Hammy and OM, I thought I'd start a thread for parents and parents to be, to hear about the ups and downs of waiting for a baby.

One question I have is if the women find it irritating or okay when people insist on patting their stomach especially if they haven't even asked if they could. I see that often and it seems kind of personal to me, like a pregnant woman somehow becomes everybody's property.

Do the men ever feel left out during the pregnancy period?

What kinds of things do people say to you that make you happy, sad, or angry?

:)
don't leave out grandparents to be, my youngest daughters got number three on the way and it is really exciting, can't wait, improving on being papa from one grandchild to the next is magic.

how's your friend redglitter? did you see the threads about books and docs you can contact regarding your question about grass? give your friend our best, our prayers are with her.

Return to “General Chit Chat”