Yo America!

Talk about the debates as they progress and after they conclude.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

The American People just got an open letter from President Ahmadinejad. First class mail via CNN.

So... What's your response?

Read letter here
guppy

Yo America!

Post by guppy »

um......i am cooking chicken and dumplings for supper.

koan, as an american, and my personal opinion. this is political fluff. leave it there. i might not agree with what my government does but i am proud to say i live here. this is something for the president and congress to address. they were elected to do this......
spot

Yo America!

Post by spot »

The trick is to read the letter first, Guppy. It has a certain stylish elegance even if you think you have reason to dislike the chap under whose name it appears.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
DesignerGal

Yo America!

Post by DesignerGal »

spot;473102 wrote: The trick is to read the letter first, Guppy. It has a certain stylish elegance even if you think you have reason to dislike the chap under whose name it appears.

Am I missing something here? She never expressed dislike for the author, and furthermore, why do you think she didnt read it?

HBIC
guppy

Yo America!

Post by guppy »

I read the letter spot. i stick with what i said. no comment.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

Were we not faced with the activities of the US administration in this part of the world and the negative ramifications of those activities on the daily lives of our peoples, coupled with the many wars and calamities caused by the US administration as well as the tragic consequences of US interference in other countries;

Were the American people not God-fearing, truth-loving, and justice-seeking, while the US administration actively conceals the truth and impedes any objective portrayal of current realities;

And if we did not share a common responsibility to promote and protect freedom and human dignity and integrity;

Then, there would have been little urgency to have a dialogue with you.

I guess one person's fluff is another's matter of urgency.
DesignerGal

Yo America!

Post by DesignerGal »

He is expecting America to do something on the basis of being God-fearing Christians? Sadly, most of America is not a God-fearing Christian.

Also, now that the Democrats have taken over the House and Senate, we MIGHT see something good start to happen!

HBIC
guppy

Yo America!

Post by guppy »

I didn't mean it like that koan. i am not up to date on all that is happening in other countries. dont insult me. it is better if i have no comment here. no matter what i say it will not sound right.

like i previously pointed out , i hope the american government addresses it, and does right by it. i vote for that reason. beyond that i am not going to comment.

I like you and i like spot. i dont like to argue. ..........i dont have enough information to be able to reasonably discuss this with either of you.,

gupster.
spot

Yo America!

Post by spot »

DesignerGal;473112 wrote: Am I missing something here? She never expressed dislike for the author, and furthermore, why do you think she didnt read it?It turns out that Guppy speed-reads even better than I do, it took me longer than that. My bit about the elegance being worth setting aside dislike was badly expressed, it was intended to be impersonal but reads, as you suggest, as if directed to a particular person. It's more a recommendation of the content.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
guppy

Yo America!

Post by guppy »

spot;473136 wrote: It turns out that Guppy speed-reads even better than I do, it took me longer than that. My bit about the elegance being worth setting aside dislike was badly expressed, it was intended to be impersonal but reads, as you suggest, as if directed to a particular person. It's more a recommendation of the content.

yea, i can kill a book off easily. i have a passion for it. alas, i dont do it very often anymore...........
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

guppy;473129 wrote: I didn't mean it like that koan. i am not up to date on all that is happening in other countries. dont insult me. it is better if i have no comment here. no matter what i say it will not sound right.

like i previously pointed out , i hope the american government addresses it, and does right by it. i vote for that reason. beyond that i am not going to comment.

I like you and i like spot. i dont like to argue. ..........i dont have enough information to be able to reasonably discuss this with either of you.,

gupster.

Good lord! I've no idea why you think I was insulting you.

I saw you dismissing as "fluff" what might be important to others. If you find it worth investigating then do so, if not then don't.
guppy

Yo America!

Post by guppy »

koan;473145 wrote: Good lord! I've no idea why you think I was insulting you.

I saw you dismissing as "fluff" what might be important to others. If you find it worth investigating then do so, if not then don't.

peace , my friend. just stating i am not equipped to discuss this .......

:-4 everthing is important to someone. i have three boys within fighting age. i worry what will hapen to the world. i have two nephews in irag. pray for them and their safety everyday. one of my son's best friends is over there now. to have him come back in a body bag is not something i can even imagine. i worry for them all.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

no rush guppy. it's posted now because i just read the letter myself. that doesn't mean everyone has to read. much less that they need read it immediately.

Some points on motherhood and family from the letter:

Palestinian mothers, just like Iranian and American mothers, love their children, and are painfully bereaved by the imprisonment, wounding and murder of their children. What mother wouldn't?

For 60 years, the Zionist regime has driven millions of the inhabitants of Palestine out of their homes. Many of these refugees have died in the Diaspora and in refugee camps. Their children have spent their youth in these camps and are aging while still in the hope of returning to homeland.

You know well that the US administration has persistently provided blind and blanket support to the Zionist regime, has emboldened it to continue its crimes, and has prevented the UN Security Council from condemning it.

and recognising the Palestinian families are not the only ones in pain.

In Iraq, about one hundred and fifty thousand American soldiers, separated from their families and loved ones, are operating under the command of the current US administration. A substantial number of them have been killed or wounded and their presence in Iraq has tarnished the image of the American people and government.

Their mothers and relatives have, on numerous occasions, displayed their discontent with the presence of their sons and daughters in a land thousands of miles away from US shores. American soldiers often wonder why they have been sent to Iraq.
guppy

Yo America!

Post by guppy »

koan;473152 wrote: no rush guppy. it's posted now because i just read the letter myself. that doesn't mean everyone has to read. much less that they need read it immediately.

Some points on motherhood and family from the letter:

Palestinian mothers, just like Iranian and American mothers, love their children, and are painfully bereaved by the imprisonment, wounding and murder of their children. What mother wouldn't?

For 60 years, the Zionist regime has driven millions of the inhabitants of Palestine out of their homes. Many of these refugees have died in the Diaspora and in refugee camps. Their children have spent their youth in these camps and are aging while still in the hope of returning to homeland.

You know well that the US administration has persistently provided blind and blanket support to the Zionist regime, has emboldened it to continue its crimes, and has prevented the UN Security Council from condemning it.

and recognising the Palestinian families are not the only ones in pain.

In Iraq, about one hundred and fifty thousand American soldiers, separated from their families and loved ones, are operating under the command of the current US administration. A substantial number of them have been killed or wounded and their presence in Iraq has tarnished the image of the American people and government.

Their mothers and relatives have, on numerous occasions, displayed their discontent with the presence of their sons and daughters in a land thousands of miles away from US shores. American soldiers often wonder why they have been sent to Iraq.

this is one of the fallouts of any war. the human suffering. the breakup of families. the loss of children. there has never been a war that didn't involve heartbreak on many levels by both sides. that i understand.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

guppy;473160 wrote: this is one of the fallouts of any war. the human suffering. the breakup of families. the loss of children. there has never been a war that didn't involve heartbreak on many levels by both sides. that i understand.

That's the sad part. That the politicians play their war games and the common person with no agenda are the ones left bleeding on the ground trying to reattach their arm.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

Rev. Bill McGinnis took the time to write a response.

he agrees with the Iranian president.

The reply is here
danieeeel

Yo America!

Post by danieeeel »

koan;473269 wrote: Rev. Bill McGinnis took the time to write a response.

he agrees with the Iranian president.

The reply is here

sorry about the ignorance but who is this guy? is he famous?
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

danieeeel;482803 wrote: sorry about the ignorance but who is this guy? is he famous?

The only one who had written an open letter in return. At the time. Maybe there are more now.
Rain

Yo America!

Post by Rain »

I don't give a rats patootie what the political element of the world says or does. In the end, they're not going to matter to what happeneds to me.

And, one mans's fluff IS another man's passion. It's what makes the world go round. As Sly Stone once sang... Different strokes for different folks.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

I do give a rat's patootie.

for what it's worth
BabyRider

Yo America!

Post by BabyRider »

Rain;482811 wrote: I don't give a rats patootie what the political element of the world says or does. In the end, they're not going to matter to what happeneds to me.

And, one mans's fluff IS another man's passion. It's what makes the world go round. As Sly Stone once sang... Different strokes for different folks.

Or, one person's fluff is another person's....fluff. Just this American's opinion.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

Well.

I've never gotten an open letter from a President before.

Who do I have to attack to get that?
danieeeel

Yo America!

Post by danieeeel »

koan;482836 wrote: Well.

I've never gotten an open letter from a President before.

Who do I have to attack to get that?

Yeah, they are lucky

maybe he will us send a letter as well? .. Naa, I don't think so.. :cool:
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

danieeeel;482847 wrote: Yeah, they are lucky

maybe he will us send a letter as well? .. Naa, I don't think so.. :cool:

I just heard you guys have nuclear weapons.

officially, that is.
danieeeel

Yo America!

Post by danieeeel »

koan;482848 wrote: I just heard you guys have nuclear weapons.

officially, that is.

Naa.. it was just a slip of the tongue :-3
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

Bbc
spot

Yo America!

Post by spot »

http://www.israelnewsagency.com/israeln ... 81211.html is perhaps a better source for the story.

By Joel Leyden

Israel News Agency

Jerusalem----December 11......According to the Jerusalem Post, Israel's Channel 10 TV news and Reuters, Israel has publicly announced it's possession of nuclear weapons.

In a story attributed to The Jerusalem Post staff and Post reporter Anshel Pfeffer, Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert admitted this evening that Israel possessed nuclear weapons.
danieeeel

Yo America!

Post by danieeeel »

koan;482853 wrote: Bbc

What about bbc? I heard it. it's on the news here.

I just say, it is not formally, it was just an interview.

all he said was:

"Iran wants nuclear weapons like US, France, Israel and Russia. . . Israel is a democracy, Israel doesn’t threaten any country with anything, never did. The most that we tried to get for ourselves is to try to live without terror "

well.. may be that Israel wants nuclear weapons and not yet has it?!

Any way it wasn't smart for him to say that.
spot

Yo America!

Post by spot »

danieeeel;482885 wrote: What about bbc? I heard it. it's on the news here.

I just say, it is not formally, it was just an interview.

all he said was:

"Iran wants nuclear weapons like US, France, Israel and Russia. . . Israel is a democracy, Israel doesn’t threaten any country with anything, never did. The most that we tried to get for ourselves is to try to live without terror "

well.. may be that Israel wants nuclear weapons and not yet has it?!

Any way it wasn't smart for him to say that.It's not what the Jerusalem Post reports him as saying.

"Israel is a democracy and does not threaten anyone," he exclaimed. "The only thing we have tried to do is to live without (threats of) terror, but we have never threatened anyone with annihilation. Iran explicitly, openly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map." Olmert then went on to admit Israel's nuclear capability. "Can you say that this is the same level, when they are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel and Russia?" he said, adding that those countries had nuclear weapons but they did not threaten any one with it.

"to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel and Russia", adding that those countries had nuclear weapons but they did not threaten any one with it? That seems a lot different to "Iran wants nuclear weapons like US, France, Israel and Russia" and the Jerusalem Post's scarcely likely to get the quote wrong.
danieeeel

Yo America!

Post by danieeeel »

spot;482893 wrote: It's not what the Jerusalem Post reports him as saying.

"Israel is a democracy and does not threaten anyone," he exclaimed. "The only thing we have tried to do is to live without (threats of) terror, but we have never threatened anyone with annihilation. Iran explicitly, openly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map." Olmert then went on to admit Israel's nuclear capability. "Can you say that this is the same level, when they are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel and Russia?" he said, adding that those countries had nuclear weapons but they did not threaten any one with it.

"to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel and Russia", adding that those countries had nuclear weapons but they did not threaten any one with it? That seems a lot different to "Iran wants nuclear weapons like US, France, Israel and Russia" and the Jerusalem Post's scarcely likely to get the quote wrong.

well, I took the quote from here where it said like and no as..
spot

Yo America!

Post by spot »

danieeeel;482901 wrote: well, I took the quote from here where it said like and no as..We needn't fight, danieeeel, the official Israeli retraction pedalling backwards was bound to happen. I'm sure we can all carry on just knowing the weapons exist without any statement confirming it. I'd rather stay friends with you than insist on anything. I did choose the Jerusalem Post report so as to stay uncontroversial.
danieeeel

Yo America!

Post by danieeeel »

spot;482908 wrote: We needn't fight, danieeeel, the official Israeli retraction pedalling backwards was bound to happen. I'm sure we can all carry on just knowing the weapons exist without any statement confirming it. I'd rather stay friends with you than insist on anything. I did choose the Jerusalem Post report so as to stay uncontroversial.

Nobody fight. I just mentioned where I took the quote so you won't think that I make up quotes : )

And yes, the retraction was obvious since Israel has a policy of ambiguity on this issue..
Galbally

Yo America!

Post by Galbally »

I think that the letter is interesting, and written in that high-style of Islamic prose that is at once somehow archaic and yet quite poetic when translated into English. It all sounds reasonable, but I do notice that he lets the mask slip in that he refuses to call Israelis "Isreali's or even Jews, but zionists, not all Israeli's are zionists, and not all israelis agree with the ideas of those who want to colonize the west bank, its a subtle way of using words to dehumanize people (in the same way "terrorism, or terrorist" is used to describe anyone nowadays who is percieved as an enemy (on all sides). I think as well that when you look at some of the rhetoric coming out of Iran, the crushing of intellectual and politcal dissent, and the move to gain nuclear tehcnology, while pretending to simply want the tehcnology for useful purposes (Iran has the world's 5th largest reserves of oil, so why do they need nuclear power? I think that given the huge mistakes made by the U.S. administration over Iraq its inevitable that talks with Iran are a necessity now, but I would be sympathetic to those who deeply deeply distrust the agenda of the Rulers of Iran. Some questions I would have for Mr Ahmendiigad would be

1. When are you going to stop executing 16 year old girls for adultry?

2. When are you going to life the fatwahs against those who your theological hierarchy claim have insulted Islam (Salman Rushdie being an obvious one)

3. Why do you want nuclear technology? The French and Russians have agreed to build nuclear power stations for you, that you could not use for any military purpose.

4, When are you going to stop giving the Hezbullah money and guns to fight that proxy war against the nation you wish to "wipe of the map".

5. What are your intentions towards those in Iraq who are not Shi ite muslims, and why are you helping to provide guns and money to the insurgents that are making everyday life a miesry.

6. When are you going to actually allow your country and its people to have an open, and freely elected government, that is elected, open and transparent, and not a country run by a aging and reactionary theological elite?

7. You talk a lot of palestinians, why do you not give them more actual physical aid in terms of money for food, shelter, medicines and other normal things that people need why not do something positive for the people, instead of allowing them to suffer, as you know that it hurts the Israeli's case, and again you are fighting a proxy war, except the Palestinians are being used not as proxy soliders, but as propganda weapons, so the more they suffer the easier it is to score points from the Israelis

8. What is your message to teh Israeli's, do you want them to return to the 1967 borders, and give up east Jerusalem to the Palestians, or do you want them to get into the sea and try and make it to cypprus while you shell them from the shore.

9. What do you really want to have the bomb for, is it protect yourselves or to purge the middle east of the so-called zionists?
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

Galbally;485778 wrote: I think that the letter is interesting, and written in that high-style of Islamic prose that is at once somehow archaic and yet quite poetic when translated into English. It all sounds reasonable, but I do notice that he lets the mask slip in that he refuses to call Israelis "Isreali's or even Jews, but zionists, not all Israeli's are zionists, and not all israelis agree with the ideas of those who want to colonize the west bank, its a subtle way of using words to dehumanize people (in the same way "terrorism, or terrorist" is used to describe anyone nowadays who is percieved as an enemy (on all sides). I think as well that when you look at some of the rhetoric coming out of Iran, the crushing of intellectual and politcal dissent, and the move to gain nuclear tehcnology, while pretending to simply want the tehcnology for useful purposes (Iran has the world's 5th largest reserves of oil, so why do they need nuclear power? I think that given the huge mistakes made by the U.S. administration over Iraq its inevitable that talks with Iran are a necessity now, but I would be sympathetic to those who deeply deeply distrust the agenda of the Rulers of Iran.
I think that separating Israelis from Zionists is one of best parts of his letter. There is a difference in agenda between the two. Israelis are a community of people who take natural pride in their country and identity and wish to live in peace with the rest of the world. Zionists are an aggressive, politically minded group that has manipulated world sympathy from the 40s to advance an agenda that terrorises and victimises another group of people who are quickly gaining world sympathy for the acts committed against them. To say that he is against the Zionists speaks for his tolerance of Jewish people by defining his enemy more clearly. He is saying he doesn't hate all Jewish people, just the Zionists. I thought it was an important point for him to make. There are 15 000 Jews living peacefully in Iran. Nobody is going up to their door and killing them. They practice their religion freely as Iranian Jews.

Galbally wrote:

7. You talk a lot of palestinians, why do you not give them more actual physical aid in terms of money for food, shelter, medicines and other normal things that people need why not do something positive for the people, instead of allowing them to suffer, as you know that it hurts the Israeli's case, and again you are fighting a proxy war, except the Palestinians are being used not as proxy soliders, but as propganda weapons, so the more they suffer the easier it is to score points from the Israelis

8. What is your message to teh Israeli's, do you want them to return to the 1967 borders, and give up east Jerusalem to the Palestians, or do you want them to get into the sea and try and make it to cypprus while you shell them from the shore.

9. What do you really want to have the bomb for, is it protect yourselves or to purge the middle east of the so-called zionists?
Sorry, Galbally, these are the only questions that I saw as relevant to the current discussion.

7. What is the point of building the Palestinians a nice infrastructure that will just get bombed anyway?

8. Why the '67 borders? The Balfour agreement was the breaking point. The Arabs had agreed to try it and then it went to hell because they claim Israel reneged on their part of the agreement. Everything else has been a battle for 'facts on the ground' since. But, yes, it would be helpful if Ahmadinejad would specify what he thinks is acceptable negotiating terms.

9. If self defense is a good enough excuse for other nuclear countries then why is it not a good enough excuse for Iran?

You can't dismiss a complaint because you don't like the complainant. Ad hominem in foreign policy debates will bring nothing towards increasing understanding of the problem. The first thing is to sit down and talk without slinging dull arrows.
danieeeel

Yo America!

Post by danieeeel »

Galbally;485778 wrote:

It was funny :-)

But I think we all know what his message is since he's not afraid to say "wipe out of the map" in every opportunity he has.

but no worry needed coz Hillary Clinton joined us.. so everything is cool :cool:

but how can you tell whether she's really mean that or maybe it's just a trick for gaining more points for the election..
Accountable

Yo America!

Post by Accountable »

koan;473091 wrote: The American People just got an open letter from President Ahmadinejad. First class mail via CNN.

So... What's your response?

Read letter here
Trust you to promote propaganda from a sworn enemy of western culture.
BTS

Yo America!

Post by BTS »

Ahmadinejad states:

"And if we did not share a common responsibility to promote and protect freedom and human dignity and integrity;

Then, there would have been little urgency to have a dialogue with you."

Is this freedom?

Ahmadinejad stifles student dissent with 'star rating' system

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... iran17.xml

University authorities in Iran have adopted a "star rating" system for politically-active students as part of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's crackdown on dissent within the academic elite.

"Students who already had one star had to sign a letter saying they would not join in any political activities before they could enrol," said Ali Nikou Nesbati, 26, a member of Tahkin Vahdat, a student body involved in the protests.

"Students who had two stars had their enrolment delayed for months and had to sign a much more binding letter. Those with three stars - about 17 students in all - have been prevented from enrolling at all."

Or this:

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2005/12/15/iran12245.htm

(New York, December 15, 2005) – Iran’s new Minister of Interior is implicated in grave human rights violations over the past two decades, possibly including crimes against humanity in connection with the massacre of thousands of political prisoners, Human Rights Watch said in a briefing paper released today.

What are some specific human rights violations in Iran?

Rise in summary executions. Of the ninety-eight Iranians executed so far this year, a dozen were women or minors (by comparison, Amnesty International reports sixty-nine executions between July 2005 and January 2006, two of whom were minors). Despite a moratorium in 2002, watchdog groups say death by public stoning of women has resurfaced (Iran's penal code allows it in cases of adultery), particularly in provinces where there is less media attention. Homosexuals are often targeted as well.Clampdown against human rights organizations. On August 2, Iran's Interior ministry banned one of the country's most prominent minority rights groups, the Defender of Human Rights Center (DHRC), founded by 2003 Nobel Peace Prize winner Shirin Ebadi. The group defends roughly 70 percent of Iran's political prisoners and has been particularly critical of the religious hard-liners in power. A number of similar organizations reported cases of harassment or curtailment of activity.

AH yes ....What a nice guy he is huh?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

Accountable;488631 wrote: Trust you to promote propaganda from a sworn enemy of western culture.

Where do you get "promote" from?

He wrote a letter. I was asking what the response was.

your animosity shows, accountable.
BTS

Yo America!

Post by BTS »

koan;488635 wrote: Where do you get "promote" from?

your avarice shows, accountable.

OK then.......

What is your response then?

For/Against?

I pointed out how the man talks out BOTHS sides of his mouth.....(ABOVE)

Do yo agree with his letter and if so do you agree with the way he suppresses his OWN country at the same time talking down to us?
Accountable

Yo America!

Post by Accountable »

koan;488635 wrote: Where do you get "promote" from?

your animosity shows, accountable.
Thank you. :yh_blush
BTS

Yo America!

Post by BTS »

Gee not sure who is the saddest looking here? My puppy pic or Ahmadinejad
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

I expected you to have more to say on the topic, BTS.

In this case, a picture was not worth a thousand words.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

BTS;488639 wrote: OK then.......

What is your response then?

For/Against?

I pointed out how the man talks out BOTHS sides of his mouth.....(ABOVE)

Do yo agree with his letter and if so do you agree with the way he suppresses his OWN country at the same time talking down to us?

I thought it was probably a response to Bush speaking directly to the Iranian people from the UN speeches. Figured that he was returning the gesture.
BTS

Yo America!

Post by BTS »

koan;488647 wrote: I expected you to have more to say on the topic, BTS.

In this case, a picture was not worth a thousand words.

Did you mis this post?

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... stcount=37
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

BTS;488657 wrote: Did you mis this post?

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... stcount=37

yep
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

There are some good points in there BTS

What are you expecting from a political letter though?

"yo america, I know we both think the other is despicable but let's chat."

of course he is going to make idealistic statements.

what I think is more relevant is finding some ground for discussion.

calling each other names has not worked so far.

the death penalty case is not a strong argument for America.

the student rights is a better point.

picking the right arguments is essential at this point in the "game".

Do you really think that America can take on another war?
BTS

Yo America!

Post by BTS »

koan;488661 wrote: There are some good points in there BTS

What are you expecting from a political letter though?

"yo america, I know we both think the other is despicable but let's chat."

of course he is going to make idealistic statements.

what I think is more relevant is finding some ground for discussion.

calling each other names has not worked so far.

the death penalty case is not a strong argument for America.

the student rights is a better point.

picking the right arguments is essential at this point in the "game".

Do you really think that America can take on another war?

You think I think..... you are despicable?

That hurts koan.

I can not recall calling you names but yes let's debate.......

Going to the crux of his letter . my reply:

Dear President Ahmadinejad,

Have the last few years of political turmoil in the U.S. taught you nothing? Could your own people speak out and condemn your actions and those of your religious leaders as Americans have without fearing for their lives? Could they peacefully remove you from power as the Republican Party has just been removed? I think not. And your talk of freedom is insulting to anyone who truly holds freedom dear. You know nothing of freedom. Your desire is to enforce your beliefs on everyone. This is not freedom. Keep your offers and your rhetoric to yourself. We're not interested.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

BTS;488706 wrote: You think I think..... you are despicable?

That hurts koan.

I can not recall calling you names but yes let's debate.......

Going to the crux of his letter . my reply:

Dear President Ahmadinejad,

Have the last few years of political turmoil in the U.S. taught you nothing? Could your own people speak out and condemn your actions and those of your religious leaders as Americans have without fearing for their lives? Could they peacefully remove you from power as the Republican Party has just been removed? I think not. And your talk of freedom is insulting to anyone who truly holds freedom dear. You know nothing of freedom. Your desire is to enforce your beliefs on everyone. This is not freedom. Keep your offers and your rhetoric to yourself. We're not interested.

No America and Iran think each other are despicable.

I have no problem with you specifically. Just with what you say sometimes. And not in this particular thread.

I liked your response until the end. You shouldn't close off discussion. You should wait for his response again. If you were actually in dialogue with him. (which is the best thing to assume)
BTS

Yo America!

Post by BTS »

koan;488714 wrote: No America and Iran think each other are despicable.

I have no problem with you specifically. Just with what you say sometimes. And not in this particular thread.

I liked your response until the end. You shouldn't close off discussion. You should wait for his response again. If you were actually in dialogue with him. (which is the best thing to assume)

in dialogue with whom..............?

until the end?

You lost me?

Please help this hickabilly out.
koan

Yo America!

Post by koan »

BTS;488724 wrote: in dialogue with whom..............?

until the end?

You lost me?

Please help this hickabilly out.

at the end of your letter to Ahmadinejad you basically said to take his letter and shove it.

in a dialogue you tell him your problems with what he said and wait for a response.

(can I assume we cleared up the misunderstanding about the despicable comment?)

Return to “Discuss”