Your house is on fire...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
guppy

Your house is on fire...

Post by guppy »

the only thing i would grab is my purse. i keep everything important in a safe deposit box or on file with my lawyer. beyond that it could all go up in smoke as long as my kids and pets make it out alive. the rest is not that important.
spot

Your house is on fire...

Post by spot »

I just had a good glance around. There's a piece of flint I picked up from a path a while ago that I'd take. Everything else is easily replaced.

Ah. I just saw a second small rock. I'll take both, if that's alright.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lulu2

Your house is on fire...

Post by Lulu2 »

My address book....so I'd have a list of people I could call for shelter, after the fire! :sneaky:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Galbally

Your house is on fire...

Post by Galbally »

My guitar, so I could write a song about my burning house.

It would go like this,

"My house ir burning, my teeth are gurning, but I am learning.

No Smoking in Bed!

Its a diaster, I should have asked her, before I tasked her,

No, no smoking in bed!

Chorus

No smoking in bed, oh yeah, no smoking in bed,

its not so funny, whatever's said.

Oh, no, smoking in bed!

The firemans leaving, and I'm still breathing, but she's done heaving

no, no, smoking in bed!"

repeat chorus x2

The end.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
theia

Your house is on fire...

Post by theia »

Only one? Well that excludes my 26 mugs (which you never know I might need one day)...

okay...mobile phone because I have several treasured and beautiful text messages on there from my daughter and granddaughter
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
theia

Your house is on fire...

Post by theia »

pompom;473101 wrote: Well of course I'd just happen to be be carrying my purse when the fire broke out ... or is that cheating? ;)

Take your purse and I'll take my 26 mugs :p
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Your house is on fire...

Post by spot »

pompom;473109 wrote: Now you've mentioned flint...I have a totally irreplaceable one embedded with a fossilised sea-urchin. :-5 :confused:Put it in your purse immediately. These problems are always soluble.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
weber

Your house is on fire...

Post by weber »

My purse with my credit cards, etc. in it. I think several people beat me to that but I thought of it before I opened the thread.......truth, really:guitarist
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
DesignerGal

Your house is on fire...

Post by DesignerGal »

I would probably take my computer so I could come here and ask for money. Im going to need it if my house burns down. Screech did it to save his house. Why cant I?

HBIC
theia

Your house is on fire...

Post by theia »

pompom;473124 wrote: And how and why are you going to be having 26 mugs about your person when this fire breaks out? Might I ask?

I have many pockets. Daily, I fill my pockets with mugs. So when a fire breaks out, it is likely that I shall have 26 mugs about my person.
guppy

Your house is on fire...

Post by guppy »

weber;473126 wrote: My purse with my credit cards, etc. in it. I think several people beat me to that but I thought of it before I opened the thread.......truth, really:guitarist

a purse is a loaded anser isn't it? i keep my cell phone in there social security cards. money. numbers...keys,,all kinds of stuff.....
DesignerGal

Your house is on fire...

Post by DesignerGal »

pompom;473133 wrote: :sneaky: :wah:

(Who's Screech? :-3)

Its a USA thing. It was a show where this comedian played a nerdy kid named screech. Now he is an adult and asked the public for money to save his house from being foreclosed on.

http://www.getdshirts.com/the_story.php

HBIC
Wolverine

Your house is on fire...

Post by Wolverine »

only one thing?

dang. uhmm....:thinking:

my comic book collection. Pinky can stay tied up.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Sheryl

Your house is on fire...

Post by Sheryl »

My grandma's cookbook.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
minks

Your house is on fire...

Post by minks »

theia;473134 wrote: I have many pockets. Daily, I fill my pockets with mugs. So when a fire breaks out, it is likely that I shall have 26 mugs about my person.

Put em at the front door in a box, all of them, put your purse in the box too, when fire breaks out just grab one thing..... THE BOX!!!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Your house is on fire...

Post by minks »

I would be grabbing my purse I guess, but....it would be a toss up between that and my puter hard drive since all my pics are on that sucker hmmm purse puter, purse puter ??? I dunno
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
weber

Your house is on fire...

Post by weber »

minks;473173 wrote: Put em at the front door in a box, all of them, put your purse in the box too, when fire breaks out just grab one thing..... THE BOX!!!!

Minx

You gave me a good laugh. We call coffee cups mugs and I couldn't figure out how you got them in your pockets and have so many all about you. Great chuckle. And peoples' faces are mugs too and I also imagined a bunch of faces in your pocket. Magical lady.:D
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
buttercup

Your house is on fire...

Post by buttercup »

Photo's
Sheryl

Your house is on fire...

Post by Sheryl »

pompom;473178 wrote: This must have some wonderful recipes in it?

Well that and alot of them are hand written. :)
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
cars

Your house is on fire...

Post by cars »

I would have to take our "FIRE (Strong) BOX", it contains all our Identity papers, marriage certificate, pass ports, a good deal of cash, (In case of emergencies like this) car titles, house deeds, and sentimental unreplaceable old family photos.:) ;)
Cars :)
Marie5656

Your house is on fire...

Post by Marie5656 »

My car keys...to get me, Rick and Trixie the heck away from the house.

Nothing else in the house matters.
Nomad

Your house is on fire...

Post by Nomad »

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.
I AM AWESOME MAN
WonderWendy3

Your house is on fire...

Post by WonderWendy3 »

This is an interesting thread to me, since my children started (accidentally) a fire in thier room about a month ago...really scarey situation...I couldn't grab just one thing. All I could think about it putting the fire out and making sure my children and pets were okay.

Luckily Wendy the fire chief was able to put the fire out...It was in the morning right before work/school...so had to go to work completely frazzled...mattress in back yard with burn holes in it and all....
sunny104

Your house is on fire...

Post by sunny104 »

WonderWendy3;473528 wrote: This is an interesting thread to me, since my children started (accidentally) a fire in thier room about a month ago...really scarey situation...I couldn't grab just one thing. All I could think about it putting the fire out and making sure my children and pets were okay.

Luckily Wendy the fire chief was able to put the fire out...It was in the morning right before work/school...so had to go to work completely frazzled...mattress in back yard with burn holes in it and all....

the same thing happened to me.

I was home alone with my son when I set the oven on fire :o and I had him on my hip and the cordless phone in my other hand and I was ready to get the heck out of there if the fire didn't put itself out.

It never even occured to me to take anything with me, not even my purse which was right in front of me.
Imladris

Your house is on fire...

Post by Imladris »

Well the mugs are a good idea because you could make coffee for the hunky firemen but then you'd need coffee, milk, sugar, spoons, a kettle and an extension lead to get power from next door so I think instead of using a cupboard for storing these things in we should all keep them by the door at all times. But what if you have to leave by the back door? Best have a spare set of everything by the back door. Oh, and teabags too 'cos I don't like coffee.

If the fire was in the night I'd need clothes too 'cos I don't wear any to bed, so that's a set of clothes by each exit, and shoes, and maybe a coat, and maybe an umbrella. Or I could just pack my entire wardrobe into two cases and keep one by each door so I'd be ok for whatever time of year or day it was.

Then the photo's, better get a spare set done, again to keep one at each door, and there are some pretty old and much loved books.....but which door do I put them by.......now I'm starting to get really confused........

.....oh well, leave it all to burn I'll just take my jewellery and the firemen can go whistle for coffee - my house is on fire after all!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time

Return to “General Chit Chat”