Maddona child

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
weinbeck

Maddona child

Post by weinbeck »

Why all this fuss about Maddona adopting some kid? I'm sick and tired of heraing about her antics. Personally, I don't think she gives a s**t about the child. I genuinely believe it is being done for political reasons, so that people will say"Oh, what a wonderful, warm-hearted individual she is: so caring, so loving." How much of her life will that kid share, or is he going to be just another fashion accessory. If she was genuine, why not try to adopt a white kid from her own country? And why does she have to have her own film crew so that they can record every goo-goo moment?

"Let me make a donation to XYZ Charity, but make sure the sound recordist, make-up artist, lighting etc. is all set up first." Cynical? YOU BET!!:( :(
K.Snyder

Maddona child

Post by K.Snyder »

Considering I don't think Madonna is "Satin" herself, I think you should be happy for the kid, who's parents abandoned them to be left for society to raise in an institution without the love most of us are used to.
valerie

Maddona child

Post by valerie »

She adopted a child from Malawi to call attention to the country's

plight, plus donated 3 million dollars. (Last I heard)

She's got a name, she takes the film crew to again, draw the attention,

make more people AWARE.

I think you do her a disservice by the snarky "fashion accesory"

comment.

My ONLY question re: this subject is why she decided on a child who

has a biological father, not a true orphan. But from all appearances,

the father was happy thinking of the life his child will now have.

Cynicism has its' place, but mayhap you should adopt more of a "wait

and see" attitude, hmmm?

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Galbally

Maddona child

Post by Galbally »

The best thing to do with a celebrity is ignore them. Like the gods, if you stop worrying about them, they go away, quietly.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
weinbeck

Maddona child

Post by weinbeck »

Pinky wrote: I see your point, but I think anyone taking a kid out of a dire situation is a good thing regardless of how they do it:)

Maybe, but it's just I clearly remember her visiting Ethiopia or somewhere like that, and throwing a wobbly because her air-conditioned caravan wasn't just so. I harboured the same cynicism when it came to Princess Diana. On her wedding day, as soon as the carriage turned the corner away from the cheering public, her radient smile disappeared. Realising this, the caneraman quickly scanned somewhere else.
weinbeck

Maddona child

Post by weinbeck »

Pinky wrote: Again, I understand and appreciate your point, but without walking in their shoes it's pretty hard to judge someone's motives. Celebs are human, like everyone else and we all makes mistakes. Theirs are just more exposed than ours. If I throw a wobbly in HMV because they've given me a Cliff Richard CD in a Greenday box no-one will remember. Madonna throws a wobbly and the world knows.

As for Princess Di, maybe she just had faceache from grinning all day? Maybe good old Charlie had just let one go in the coach? Who knows?

About Princess Di, I suppose it's not easy having to smile all the time. I think the most phoney of all smiles has to belong to Tony Blair. In my opinion, the only person who ever came anywhere him for smarminess was Bob Monkhouse in The Golden Shot, but at least he was likable!:)
valerie

Maddona child

Post by valerie »

Very, very good points Snooze. I hadn't heard that about the

indoctrination, that changes things, for me, personally.

:thinking:
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

LilacDragon

Maddona child

Post by LilacDragon »

I find it odd that there is such an uproar over Madonna adopting a child but Angelina has adopted two from poor countries and everyone thinks that she is wonderful. I must admit that I am having a hard time understanding the difference.

Look - I don't know a single person that made a single decision when they were in their 20's that they wouldn't even consider in their 40's. We all grow and change. Her attitudes, I am sure, have changed over the years - as evidenced by her LACK of being in the public eye in the last few years.
Sandi

Crème brûlée

Maddona child

Post by Crème brûlée »

SnoozeControl wrote: I happen to agree with Weinbeck about Madonna... I think she's only doing this for the self promotion. Granted, she's giving $3 million, but that's a drop in the ocean to her... her latest tour generated $193.7 million in revenue... that's just a few short months of work. Her net worth must be enormous... so I'm guessing the money she forked out would be comparable to one of us donating $100. And there's the stipulation that the children benefitting from her donation will be indoctrinated in Kaballah. Hmmm.

Does anyone really think this charitable act would've entered Madonna's mind if Angelina Jolie hadn't been receiving so much attention for her out-of-country adoptions and acts of good will?

I think I read that Madona had been working for awareness for this cause (aids) for quite sometime. Time will tell....perhaps a Mommy Madona Dearst book and movie in the works.
Crème brûlée

Maddona child

Post by Crème brûlée »

I wonder what kind of 'clothes hangers' she will permit.:thinking:
Crème brûlée

Maddona child

Post by Crème brûlée »

Pinky wrote: I still think she's doing a good thing. That kid will now have a good stab at a bright future compared to what may have been the destiny of the child. I think anything that opens up awareness can't be all that bad.
Plus isn't she building schools and some kind young women awareness program? I'm not up on the whole thing. I saw a little bit about it last week when they said they were not adopting after the media reported they were:p or whatever.......it is kind of like who's on first.:o
LilacDragon

Maddona child

Post by LilacDragon »

SnoozeControl wrote: Are we still talking about Madonna? :-2

I have a teenager so I hear most of the "gossip" so far as Hollywood and the music scene goes and until the last year or so - stories about Madonna have been few and far between.
Sandi

Crème brûlée

Maddona child

Post by Crème brûlée »

LilacDragon wrote: I have a teenager so I hear most of the "gossip" so far as Hollywood and the music scene goes and until the last year or so - stories about Madonna have been few and far between.

I think we all have seen Madonna change in stages, she is not a stupid woman, I think she has matured (but she will always be Madonna) I never cared a whole lot about her or her music, but then sometime I will hear a song and I realize what a musical snob I've been.....she reminds me of Mae West, and Mae West was ahead of her time....I'm not saying thats good or bad.....I think things are a whole lot raunchier now. Madonna is getting older she's pushing 50 for heavens sake.

I hope all works out for everyone.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Maddona child

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

I think i would of had more respect for her had she left the child with his father and gave the childs family a donation instead of dragging him half way around the world .:)
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Imladris

Maddona child

Post by Imladris »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: I think i would of had more respect for her had she left the child with his father and gave the childs family the a donation instead of dragging him half way around the world .:)

Hear hear Pants.

Sadly from what I've read the father was persuaded to give up his son, he's lost two other sons and his wife. The poor sod thinks that his son is going to be regularly visiting him, not quite convinced myself.

I sponsor two children in developing countries, surely that would have been a better thing for Madonna to have done, they get to stay within their own family and culture but they get help with their education and health issues. I'm no saint by doing this I just felt that I have been very lucky to be born into the society that I have and so have my kids and that it was important to recognise that so many children don't have that luck.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
OzBoy

Maddona child

Post by OzBoy »

I'm really struggling to understand why anybody believes that Madge of all celebrities needs to drum up more publicity? She has just come off the end of the biggest grossing world tour in history, is in the London papers every other week photographed dining out and spending time with her kids and donates huge amounts of money to charity organisations world wide. She is the patron of numerous welfare agencies that deal with domestoc violence, abuse and poverty and in my opinion its plain to see in the last 5-7 yers her focus has changed dramatically from a self absorbed celeb to what we see today. And its the narrowminded assumptions of the minority who believe that these celebs are not allowed to have a bad day thats fuelling the whole Hollywood industry to begin with, Madonna is just a product of our continued fascination with that world, if you dont like it or the celeb dont buy the magazine, dont buy the cd or dvd and then maybe the worlds media will strive to seek out the billionaires on the planet who donate nothing at all.
AussiePam

Maddona child

Post by AussiePam »

Easy to stand in a big selfrighteous mob at the sidelines criticising other people's motives and telling them how they should spend their money.

Bottom line is a kid without a lot going for him is going to get a chance to have a life.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

OzBoy

Maddona child

Post by OzBoy »

AussiePam wrote: Easy to stand in a big selfrighteous mob at the sidelines criticising other people's motives and telling them how they should spend their money.

Bottom line is a kid without a lot going for him is going to get a chance to have a life.

Well said :D
cherandbuster

Maddona child

Post by cherandbuster »

OzBoy wrote: Well said :D

As usual for our Aussie Pam :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Bez

Maddona child

Post by Bez »

AussiePam wrote: Easy to stand in a big selfrighteous mob at the sidelines criticising other people's motives and telling them how they should spend their money.

Very True Pam

If every celebrity and millionaire in the world got together, they could sponsor orphanages, schools, villages, hospitals etc and the wider populations would benefit. I'm sure that there are many that do that now without any of us ever knowing.

Good luck to the little lad...I hope he has a happy life....BUT....spare a thought for the millions of kids all over the world left to pick over rubbish dumps for food and clothes, dig rock hard soil to sow seed that probably won't grow and are forced to be soldiers at 8 years old.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Maddona child

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Could the child not of had a good life if madonna had given his family a sizable donation to keep him within whats left of his family .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
OzBoy

Maddona child

Post by OzBoy »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote:

Could the child not of had a good life if madonna had given his family a sizable donation to keep him within whats left of his family .

There would definately be benefits in David staying with his family, but how can one donation no matter how big keep them better off when its the whole community and country facing the same problems? I think Live8 (take2) showed us that throwing money at this problem isnt the sole answer anymore its more about politics, trade and economy - improving those factors in these countries is whats going to ensure future donations are directed to the areas requiring the most help no matter where the money comes from.

Return to “General Chit Chat”