True Ghost Stories

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
Marie5656

True Ghost Stories

Post by Marie5656 »

If nothing else, these are interesting. Supposedly true Ghost Stories
CheshireCat

True Ghost Stories

Post by CheshireCat »

I don't know if this is a ghost story or not. we don't live far from Shiloh National Military Park and it so beautiful there I like to take a day trip and enjoy the history and the outdoors.

There are numerous time that I have encountered cold spots there. This is West Tennessee, there is no such thing as a cold spot outside in July. It's icy, and very melancholy.
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
OzBoy

True Ghost Stories

Post by OzBoy »

I was travelling with my uncle in his road train in central Australia towards a mining town called Mt Isa. It was very very late at night we had been drving for hours and the blackness of the outback was engulfing us like a giant blanket. The roads out there arent exactly highway material and although he has been driving the same route for nearly 20 years he is still very mindful of animals jumping out etc and stays father alert and focussed.

We we coming into a small remote town called Richmond (pop. 700) and I was looking forward to getting back to some sort of civilisation when out of the blue he jumped on his brakes and swerved to one side, the shock of the noice and the jolt out of my hypnotic trance nearly killed me!!! With a very shaky and urgent tone my uncle asked me if I had seen a little girl on the side of the road walking her bike??? I said no nothing at all, we sat for a moment but eventually decided it was a trick from the outback or plain exhaustion so we drove on again. Only a minute or two later there right in front of both of us in the huge headlights of the truck was a little girl who was sure as eggs walking her bike up the flamin road!!!! She had long brown hair down her back, a dark red backpack, blue and red tracksuit and white shoes - you could see everything clear as day

Well I yelled out there she is and again he braked quite hard and we pulled up. Getting out immediatley with a torch we both ran up towards the girl anticipating a bad situation for her. Now again this is on a main but empty road, in full beam of the massive headlights from the truck that we left on no alcohol no drugs just the night and the outback around us. We could not find this girl anywhere, we looked in the bushes on the side of the road fearing the truck frightened her but nothing, we stood and looked at each other to make sure we werent both going crazy and after what seemed like an eternity we got back in the truck and made our way into Richmond.

Still somewhat shaken we started recalling the story to the roadhouse chick who is a town local wh has lived there for decades. At the end of our story she smiled softly, sat down and said she knows who the little girl is and we would never of found her. I asked why? The lady said her name was Belinda and nearly 35 years ago she was walking her bike home after being dropped off by a local from a neighbouring sheep station. Whist riding her bike home she must of got a flat tyre but continued walking it up the highway, she was hit and killed instantly by someone and left for dead on the side of the road. Ever since then a few times a year Belinda appears in front of a car or truck slowly walking her bike home. Apparently the neighbour felt terrible but insisted Belinda wanted to ride the rest of the way home which all the station kids did back then a million times a week, a huge police search was mounted but locals knew it was a toursit who would never be traceable and they have never been found.

Return to “Paranormal Science”