Ah yes The Doctor's Appointments

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
cars

Post by cars »

Ah yes the doctor's appt(s). :wah:

Last Friday I went to my doc for a follow up on my torn calf muscle that I tore two weeks ago. Doc said the muscle is healing nicely. So with that out of the way, while I was there, I mentioned to him to have a look at several SUN spots that appeared on my chest & back over the past 7 to 8 months. (As up until I was about 35, I spent every waking moment in the SUN. (Without using suntan lotions) Fishing, Boating, Baseball, Basketball, Foorball, Hiking, Camping, & plain old "Beach time" 8am to 5pm most every weekend, and many nights 6pm to 9pm.) The Doc asked me if I had every seen a Dermotologist, I said no, Doc said well it's about time you did. So he had His office call & make an emergency appt for me for this morning with his Dermotologist. Well I just got back from the Dermotologist. He immediately took some scrappings off the spots, and began some testing in his facility, for malinoma.

He said the preliminary testing shows I'm OK, just need to put some script cream on them, & return in 3 months. :rolleyes: Wow, was pretty scary there for a while! ;)
Cars :)
abbey

Post by abbey »

Cars.....:-4
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I am glad it is good news for you, cars!:-4
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

cars wrote: Ah yes the doctor's appt(s). :wah:

Last Friday I went to my doc for a follow up on my torn calf muscle that I tore two weeks ago. Doc said the muscle is healing nicely. So with that out of the way, while I was there, I mentioned to him to have a look at several SUN spots that appeared on my chest & back over the past 7 to 8 months. (As up until I was about 35, I spent every waking moment in the SUN. (Without using suntan lotions) Fishing, Boating, Baseball, Basketball, Foorball, Hiking, Camping, & plain old "Beach time" 8am to 5pm most every weekend, and many nights 6pm to 9pm.) The Doc asked me if I had every seen a Dermotologist, I said no, Doc said well it's about time you did. So he had His office call & make an emergency appt for me for this morning with his Dermotologist. Well I just got back from the Dermotologist. He immediately took some scrappings off the spots, and began some testing in his facility, for malinoma.

He said the preliminary testing shows I'm OK, just need to put some script cream on them, & return in 3 months. :rolleyes: Wow, was pretty scary there for a while! ;)

I'm so pleased you are ok, when i was younger i had an obsession with sunbeds, 10 years later i had two moles on my back which were bleeding, the Dr decided to remove them there and then and sent them off for testing, a very long two weeks later the results came back clear, thank god.

When i went into hospital for an operation i was on the plastic surgery ward, it was mainly filled with people with skin cancer, even with all the info we have now i still see at least 10 people on holiday every year with the lobster look going on, it seems crazy :-5
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

cars

Post by cars »

SuzyB wrote: I'm so pleased you are ok, when i was younger i had an obsession with sunbeds, 10 years later i had two moles on my back which were bleeding, the Dr decided to remove them there and then and sent them off for testing, a very long two weeks later the results came back clear, thank god.

When i went into hospital for an operation i was on the plastic surgery ward, it was mainly filled with people with skin cancer, even with all the info we have now i still see at least 10 people on holiday every year with the lobster look going on, it seems crazy :-5

Thankyou pink, Hams, Abbs, Chonsi, Suzy for your warm words. I was concerned because a year ago last May, My friend (My Wife's favoriate cousin) died from malinoma! He was a SUN worshiper to the max!!! We went on a cruise with him about 4 years ago. And for all 8 days, mostly all he did was lay out at the pool in the blazing sun. He was foolish, cause not only did he not use a SPF suntan lotion, he in fact splashed "Baby Oil" all over himself! Each day he got reder & reder, after about 6 days he actually went to a purple color! Looking at him hurt "me", he made himself into a french fry!

7 or 8 months later, he had spots & went to demotologist, within days he went for surgery. It went in to remission, then came back May 2005 with a vengance. He died May 13th, he went so fast!!!:-1
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Glad to hear that your doctors appointment went well Cars!! :)
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Hi Cars :)

I'm glad your story has a happy ending :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chocoholic

Post by chocoholic »

Cars, glad to hear that things turned out well for you, take care:)
cars

Post by cars »

Thankyou Chris, cher, Koo, choco, wendy, for your warm words. :)

Yes today, not only do I put on SPF 45, but I mainly try to stay in the shade when possible, & definately under an umbrella at the beach! Wow, how things change as one gets older!(And hopefully somewhat smarter :D )
cars

Post by cars »

Wendybird wrote: sorry to interrupt here but did you realise you have invented a new tongue twister :D

Try saying that^^^^ lot 3 times!

Yes I think you're right, Gazuntight! :D

(probably spelled wrong, so God bless you)

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”