BRs mom asked me to do this..

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Such good news to wake up to....love, hugs and well wishes to you all :-6 :yh_flower
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

That sure is great news to wake up too alright. It's so pleasing to see BR improving everyday and well on the road to recovery!!! :-6 :)
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Great to hear there is improvement all the time. :-6

Love to BR and all her family :-4
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

That' so great to hear, Dawn. I can feel that our BEAMS truly are working!

Wait 'till she opens that Bloomingdales package -- our Snoozie has exceptional taste :-6

And Dawn, I hope your son is doing better. Keep us posted on him as well, if you don't mind. Sounds like your hands are full with taking care of those you love :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Pinkster

Can you share with us what was in your package?

Criss should get my flower by Friday or Saturday -- let me know if you see it on her wall, Pinky!
Live Life with

PASSION

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Pinky wrote: I've mailed you, as people will think I'm even more of a loony than they already do!:D

I think you're just lovely :-4

TRULY :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Okie

Post by Okie »

flopstock wrote: She was in an accident and here is a direct quote from mamarider:

I will follow up with an edited(for personal information) detail of her injuries and condition. The girl is not comfortable and that's an understatement.

Once again, her mom asked me to let you folks who care so much about her know she could use a prayer or two right now..

hugs

diane
All motorcycle cops have a saying. "If the left turner dont get you, the oil slick will". I have went down from wet bricks and from leaves in a dip. Never did really get hurt tho. My old Harley had crash bars. I did once lose a hip pocket from the license tag as I went over it. Of course my wallet was in that pocket. I didnt miss it until I was back at the party and I felt back there and no pocket.

I hope she get well with no lasting effects.
cars

Post by cars »

Thanks Dawn for the wonderful encouraging news update! :) Guess all those thousands of "prayers" must be working on the big guy up in the sky, & he's finally turning things around!;) (So just to get us all off his private line:rolleyes: )
Cars :)
Grumpaz

Post by Grumpaz »

Ahhh, at last I'm able to post in here and let you know that this thread is about the only one I've been reading. I wake up each morning anxious to find out how much more BR has improved. How can anyone doubt the power of love and prayer when done in such a group effort as this. This has been the most spectacular gathering of 'friends I've never met'. To witness this out-pouring of love and support for BR from people all over the world has been breath taking.

I have been continuing to pray for Criss all this time and will do so until she is totally back on her feet.

Sending lots of love and support thru the airways to you BR. Even tho I've only known you a short time, you've stolen a piece of my heart.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

Thanks for the update. :-6

continuing to send lots of love and beams and prayers....:-4
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

She should have all my stuff by today or tomorrow. The lady at the post office said the book may take a day or two longer than the cards.:wah:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

cars wrote: Thanks Dawn for the wonderful encouraging news update! :) Guess all those thousands of "prayers" must be working on the big guy up in the sky, & he's finally turning things around! (So just to get us all off his private line:rolleyes: )

Agreed and Ditto! :) That miracle that caused a space to be opened up in the rehab centre - that was the miracle of FG! :-6
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

LOOK! B'R GETS VIBRATOR THERAPY!

http://www.rimrehab.org/news/index.pl?a ... 1155672556

(Oh, DRAT! Reading without my glasses again!) :wah: Seriously, it looks like a wonderful place!

When do the MADD members get to see the driver?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

That is fabulous news, Dawn. It's so good to hear that Criss is doing so well. Great news to come home to.:-6
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Lulu2 wrote:

When do the MADD members get to see the driver?

Blow that - when do the FG members get to see the driver???
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Lulu2 wrote: LOOK! B'R GETS VIBRATOR THERAPY!

Oh, cool....I could go for some of that myself.:sneaky: :rolleyes:
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

LOL! Sign me up for the vib...er, never mind.

Criss is in her rehab room. I got a call from Mamarider a little bit ago saying they were there and settled in.

When I was at the hospital this morning, a friend of hers from the biker club came in and talked to her...when she woke up enough to realize who it was, she sat up and actually got out of bed (this is a GOOD thing, don't panic). She ate a good bit of her meal, and was up and around enough that her head cleared a bit, and we had almost an hour of lucid, coherent conversation before the ambulance arrived to get her to the rehab center. It was so amazingly encouraging. She's the same Criss. I have worked (a long, loooooong time ago) with a personal injury attorney who specializes in closed-head injuries, and so I was expecting a personality change or some kind of evidence of this injury. But there's...nothing. Aside from periods of confusion which, according to the doctors, are probably equally attributable to the medication as to the injury, it's our girl, same as ever. It's amazing. She's amazing. I can't tell you what a relief it is.

Hugs 'n' stuff,

Dawn
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Erinna1112 wrote: it's our girl, same as ever. It's amazing. She's amazing. I can't tell you what a relief it is.

Thank God for that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dawn, this is all very very good news. Can't tell you how glad I am to read your update this morning!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Erinna1112 wrote: It's amazing. She's amazing. I can't tell you what a relief it is.

That's amazing news, Dawn!

I'm so encouraged each and every day -- Buster is, too :)

The BEAMS are truly working!
Live Life with

PASSION

Post by 911 »

HURRAY!!! :yh_party
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

It is good isn't it, MrsK.. And very nice to see you too. Hope you are well and enjoying this first glorious day of spring!!

spot

Post by spot »

Erinna1112 wrote: I was expecting a personality change or some kind of evidence of this injury. But there's...nothing. Aside from periods of confusion which, according to the doctors, are probably equally attributable to the medication as to the injury, it's our girl, same as ever. It's amazing. She's amazing. I can't tell you what a relief it is.That, besides the fact that she was alive after the crash to begin with, is the first good news I've seen since this all started. I'm both delighted and hugely relieved, the news here has only sounded more and more tense as time passed until today. However much work she's going to have to put into getting back to independence, at least she's now shown signs of being able to get back.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Aside from periods of confusion which, according to the doctors, are probably equally attributable to knowing Nomad as to the injury, it's our girl, same as ever.

Hugs 'n' stuff,

Dawn

There were periods of confusion before this happened Dawn. :p

When do I get to torment my babyrider ? !!!
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I agree completely, Spot. It's really what we've all been walking up and down worrying about and hoping/praying/ beaming for.

MrsK - I'm in Canberra right now. My daughter is still in hospital here - but all is going well, Hallelujah... but am hoping to get back to Sydney again soon. We're only just coming out of winter here. It snowed last week in the hillls, but I have daphne and honeysuckle and jonquils out. And the fire off now, during the day. We've certainly turned the corner.

Turned the corner in lots of respects. A good feeling.

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Nomie, I think I love you. :-4

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

AussiePam wrote: Nomie, I think I love you. :-4

Whadid I do ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Jives

Post by Jives »

My prayers are with you Criss. You and I go back to the earliest days of the boards. You were the one who recommended me for Mod and stuck by me through thick and thin in the old Mod's lounge. Sure we clashed on a few topics, but we agreed on so many more. You have always been a true friend to me.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery...I'll be there for you.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

your not allowed in this thread chives
I AM AWESOME MAN
Jives

Post by Jives »

Hey...that reminds me, Criss.. Remember when Bullet was still posting on here? For a while there it was only Bullet, LC, Me, You, Tombstone, Anastrophe, Suresh Gupta,, a couple of others, and the old guy...what was his name? You know the Irish guy that started his own boards? "The Captain?"

Boy, those were the days. Bullet was a hoot! I'm so glad you are coming around. I've lost three friends to drunk drivers now, and I don't want to lose any more.

Take care and listen to the doctors. Do everything they tell you even if it seems dumb. Oh..and watch those hospital bills closely, they love to tack on added expenses when you're not looking.
Jives

Post by Jives »

Oh..I remember! Capt_Buzzard!:)
Jives

Post by Jives »

Well thank you, Floppy. That was very sweet of you!

What I miss about BR is her way of trashing America-Haters. She and I always worked together on those threads. She could really let them have it!:wah:
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

flopstock wrote: I'm older then a lot of you kids.

It's been my experience that there are in fact moments in life that make us reflect on what really matters. Those 'bottom line' moments, where stuff that was so god awful important to us yesterday, seems trivial, and what is important and remembered, is the good.

Jives isn't asking for forgiveness or acceptance here. He's just remembering 'the good'. BR may not need it or want it, that doesn't mean he doesn't need to say it.

I have no problem with that.

Here's hoping they are back at each others throats in the very near future..;)

Yeah..what Floppy said!! Hi jives...:)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

flopstock wrote: I'm older then a lot of you kids.

It's been my experience that there are in fact moments in life that make us reflect on what really matters. Those 'bottom line' moments, where stuff that was so god awful important to us yesterday, seems trivial, and what is important and remembered, is the good.

Jives isn't asking for forgiveness or acceptance here. He's just remembering 'the good'. BR may not need it or want it, that doesn't mean he doesn't need to say it.

I have no problem with that.

Here's hoping they are back at each others throats in the very near future..;)

I dont care what hes doing or not doing really. I just felt like bashing him. :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I just read this thread. My hopes are with BR.........she is awake..........and that is the fighter that she is. Not take away from the thread ...my brother had a similar accident 25 years ago and was in coma for the same amount of time......he made a FULL recovery. I only said this as a message of hope....
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Hopefully soon NOMADNESS...:D What good news to here that she is still the same BR excellent news. Like you said Dawn head injuries can completely change some personality.. This is beautiful news.. :-4

[QUOTE]When do I get to torment my babyrider ? !!![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

Oh. My. Gods.

I just got a call from Mamarider. The neuro-opthalmolagist that is going to be seeing Criss is part of the Kresge Eye Institute - he's a brain surgeon and an eye surgeon, and Kresge is the top eye institute in the country. He saw her (along with every other doctor on the planet, it seemed) and one of the first things he asked was, "When is the last time she had a vision screening?" You know, the kind of exam that you have when you need glasses or contact lenses.

Nobody knew. So, he did one.

She has sight in both eyes.

Before anyone shoots off skyrockets, this is not a 100% recovery guarantee. She still has major damage, and there is something pressing on her eye from behind. But this is a hugely enormous change from just days ago when we were told that there was a zero percent chance that she would ever see out of that eye again.

Quote from Mamarider: "Make sure you go on the Garden and tell them all that PRAYER WORKS!!"

:-4 :-4 :-4 :-4
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, oh, this is so good to hear! We are still praying for her, that she keeps getting better!:-4

That made me so happy to hear such good news...............
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

I want Baby Rider back! This place sint the same without her! BR...HURRY IT UP! I LOVE YA GIRL! I cant stand posting here knowing that your sexy a$$ isnt going to answer me!!!:D

HBIC

Return to “Members' News”