O.J. and N.G.

Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

Before you read this, ask yourself is racism in America a thing of the past?

Frustration is the only word that can properly describe how I feel right now. As I sit here and watch Nancy Grace, I'm just completely blown away at how she attacks an individual that was acquitted of all charges. A system that YOU used to work to uphold is flawed based on the fact that ONE person "got away with murder?" To put it simply, you sicken me. How is it that you can champion that American judicial system on one hand, but on the other you constantly charge someone that was judged by a jury of his peers as a murderer? He was acquitted, leave him alone. If he did it, so be it. The system didn't work this one time, but to that I say how many people have been executed, hung, lynched, beaten, and terrorized for things they didn't do? Yet there is no outcry of people charging the system with being flawed. Is this because it worked in their favor? I take this back to Robert Blake, a man that tried to hire someone to kill his wife, yet when he "gets off" nothing. Where is Robert Blake? What is HE doing? Where is HE going? Would it be proper to say that even if you are acquitted in a court of law, that means nothing because you can still be the victim of slander which everyone seems to turn a blind eye to? Whether or not the majority wants to admit it or not, there is still racism in America, overt and blatant. If O.J. was white would he still be in the news? Would he still be a murderer? NO!!! If Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman were black would there have been such an uproar from the white community when O.J. was acquitted? NO!!! To put it simply, the only reason O.J. is still making news is because he's a nigger that "killed" a white woman. With all of this said, it doesn't make me too comfortable that I'm a part of the minority that doesn't get treated properly in this country. God in heaven knows I love being in America, but he or she also knows that America is completely screwed up and needs to take care of home before running to fight anybody's war.
RedGlitter

O.J. and N.G.

Post by RedGlitter »

I disagree. I can't for the life of me understand how that creep got off when it was so obvious he was the one. "If he did it, so be it?" Is that all you have to say on such a heinous killing? Or do you believe he didn't do it? And if you don't think he's guilty, why? Please don't tell me because he was aquitted, I am asking why you feel that he didn't do it.

I think most of America knows he did it and the reason for all those black people waving "Go OJ!" signs was because whether he did it or not, he was black and shouldn't be made to pay for killing a woman, especially a white one. I believe there exists among some/many blacks (and other races but that's another issue) a sense of payback when a white person is taken down whether it be murder or a lesser instance. Not with all blacks, mind you. But a lot of them.

No, racism is not dead in America and I'm sure it never will be. It exists in all forms between all ethnicities. Not everyone is bigoted, that has to be made clear. But to ignore it and pretend it is something of the past because it's the "PC" thing to do doesn't help anyone.
LilacDragon

O.J. and N.G.

Post by LilacDragon »

Whether or not he is guilty is now a moot point. The fact of the matter is, both sides presented their evidence and 12 people were charged with listening to that and rendering a judgement as to his guilt. Those twelve people said that the evidence did not match up to the accusations. The government can't try him twice for the crime.

I am not a big fan of Nancy' either. For someone who is supposed to report this stuff, she seems to decide whether the accused is guilty or innocent long before the evdence has been presented.

She kind of reminds me of Jeffrey Fieger. Some of you might know him as Dr. Kevorkian's lawyer. The man is full of hot air but can't seem to win a high profile case.
Sandi

Peg

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Peg »

Whether or not the majority wants to admit it or not, there is still racism in America, overt and blatant.
In my opinion, yes there is. It's more the blacks hating whites than vice versa.

To put it simply, the only reason O.J. is still making news is because he's a nigger that "killed" a white woman.
Personally, I find that word offensive and you would have been offended if I had used that word.

Red, yellow, black, or white, I don't like seeing someone get away with murder.:-5
pantsonfire321@aol.com

O.J. and N.G.

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

SnoozeControl wrote: How about looking at this from a different perspective?

Scott Peterson, white guy, was sentenced and sent to prison for murdering his pregnant wife. Is he getting sympathy from the masses because he's white and in prison for murder? Nope, he's universally vilified because of his heinous crime. Skin color has nothing to do with this.

To many, MANY people, OJ was guilty of a horrifyingly violent, bloody crime. He should've been punished but instead got to go free... and he was particularly arrogant about it. This is the same guy that was selling his autograph not too long after his acquital. Playing gold of ritzy golf courses in Florida. And still surrounded by brainless bimbos that were attracted to his celebrity/notoriety like moths seeking a flame.

Seems to me the guy got off because of his celebrity not because of his colour .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

As far as whether or not O.J. is guilty, I think he either knows who did it or did it himself. I too am not happy when people get off but with that being said he isn't the first person to do so. WE provide more celebrity to him by getting upset about Nancy Grace or O.J. himself based on nothing at all. As far as things go, I'm just sick of people coming out and being so upset about the whole O.J. situation. He was tried. He was acquitted. What more can you ask for?

As far as using the "n-word" to me that is nothing but a word. I have the control over whether it offends me or not. It doesn't. Words have hurt me since I was in elementary school.
valerie

O.J. and N.G.

Post by valerie »

Lennox wrote:

As far as using the "n-word" to me that is nothing but a word. I have the control over whether it offends me or not. It doesn't. Words have hurt me since I was in elementary school.

You have the control over whether it offends YOU but you don't have the

control over whether it offends ME. (Or US). I find it offensive, and I

ask that you please don't use it again.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Lulu2

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lulu2 »

To put it simply, the only reason O.J. is still making news is because he's a nigger that "killed" a white woman.

Well...that's the most blatantly bigoted statement I've read in a long time!

I'd had knee surgery during that trial and watched it while I recovered. There's no question that the prosecution boggled their case, and had they done a better job, the man would've been convicted. BUT--famous, wealthy men have gotten away with murdering women many times. Look at Claus von Bulow, for example. As long as O.J. Simpson lives, he'll be the recipient of disgust and resentment, simply because he's a murderer who got away with the crime.

If you want to "excuse" that resentment by calling it "racism," ask yourself why he was so popular with so many when he was playing football. It's just SO easy to throw the "racist" accusation at those we don't like or those who hold different opinions.

Finally, this reminds me of one of those "it's so true it's sadly funny" jokes about O.J. Simpson (a man not noted for brilliance.) He's talking to someone about the jury decision and says, wonderingly, "I MUST be innocent, after all."

Anyone who believes the man didn't kill Nicole and Ron just because the jury found it so obviously didn't watch the entire trial.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
valerie

O.J. and N.G.

Post by valerie »

You may think that the usage is important, I don't happen to agree.

One or two lines before that he used the words black and white so

fine. I wouldn't have wanted to see the victims referred to as

"honky", either.

To me, personally, he could have conveyed that certain mentality by

saying "n-word".

I don't think everybody has to walk around on eggshells but I just asked

(nicely, I thought, I will try another way if asked) him not to use it

again because I personally find it offensive to see. I'm not sticking my

head in the sand, I know it's out there and people use it, I just don't

think I have to see it when I open up a post and start reading. And

to forestall those of you who say a thread about O.J. should have been

a clue that there might be an "n-word" in there, I'm sorry, it was early

this morning and to me at that time (I wasn't paying attention) it

could have been something about ORANGE JUICE and the initials N.G.

to me mean NO GOOD. (Laughs to anyone who says that fits Nancy Grace,

too!! ;) )

Again, this is just one of those times when I decided to speak up, and

say something, instead of just letting it go. I think too many people

too many times "let it go" and I'm at a point in my life where I just

won't any more.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

valerie wrote: You have the control over whether it offends YOU but you don't have the

control over whether it offends ME. (Or US). I find it offensive, and I

ask that you please don't use it again.

I apologize. I was using the word to show how I perceived many people's views of the trial. I did not mean to harm or offend anyone. Tamsen, I honestly didn't mean to offend you in anyway. I understand that I was not clear as far with my title so I apologize once again. I didn't take into consideration other's feelings while expressing anger.

To respond, O.J.'s popularity while he was playing football was based on the fact that he gave a lot blacks that didn't have to much to be proud a reason to hold their heads up. He gave children a role model. He came into football at a time that he was still getting death threats. To this day people rally around the black quarterback and coach and wide receiver not based solely on race but also on the adversity they will face. They fans serve as a support system.

As far as other rich men getting away with crimes, this is very true. Hell, look at our president, but with that being said why is O.J. so important? Why is he still the spectacle of criticism when sooooo many others have gotten off scot-free? If anyone can explain that, I'll leave this topic alone forever.

As far as the word nigger, it is just a word. It has power because people allow it to. I disagree with the rampant usage of it songs. I disagree with the usage of it in conversation. I can not condone the usage of a word that was used to belittle as a term of endearment. You never hear any other race say, that's my honky, spic, mick, kraut, etc. (remember that man in The Godfather that called Tom his, "...Kraut, Mick Friend?) Racism is a blight on America and as long as people allow individuals' words from hundreds of years ago to have an effect now, not too many attitudes will change.
Marie5656

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Marie5656 »

I am currently reading a book written by medical examiner, Michael Baden. He came out with some interesting information that I was not aware of.

He was discussing how Nicole Simpson's body was handled at the crime scene. She had been found face down, and crime scene photos showed blood spatter across her back. Apparently when her body was being placed in the body bag, instead of leaving her face down, as should have been done in a homicide, she was turned over onto her back. This caused her own blood to mix with the blood on her back, making it impossible to test the blood samples.

There were just too many mistakes made by the LAPD, and that is sad. What gets me is, if OJ was actually not guilty, why was he not outraged enough to insist they do all they could to find out who murdered the mother of his children?

I think there was racism, but more important, the celebrity factor was mixed in, also.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

O.J. and N.G.

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Marie5656 wrote: I am currently reading a book written by medical examiner, Michael Baden. He came out with some interesting information that I was not aware of.

He was discussing how Nicole Simpson's body was handled at the crime scene. She had been found face down, and crime scene photos showed blood spatter across her back. Apparently when her body was being placed in the body bag, instead of leaving her face down, as should have been done in a homicide, she was turned over onto her back. This caused her own blood to mix with the blood on her back, making it impossible to test the blood samples.

There were just too many mistakes made by the LAPD, and that is sad. What gets me is, if OJ was actually not guilty, why was he not outraged enough to insist they do all they could to find out who murdered the mother of his children?

I think there was racism, but more important, the celebrity factor was mixed in, also.

Money talks.
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Marie5656

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Marie5656 »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Money talks.

And the rich people walk.
CheshireCat

O.J. and N.G.

Post by CheshireCat »

I do think that rascim is rampant in the US, not just blacks against whites, ..Mexicans, Arabic people..It's terrible.

But as far as people holding resentment for O.J., I don't know if you remember a guy named Rodney King and a little incident known as the L.A. Riots? White people were being pulled from their vehicles and beaten to death. How's that for retaliation, no hate! It goes both ways, it's scary. :-3
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
BabyRider

O.J. and N.G.

Post by BabyRider »

What I don't get? The quote marks around the word killed. :confused:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

BabyRider

O.J. and N.G.

Post by BabyRider »

CheshireCat wrote: I do think that rascim is rampant in the US, not just blacks against whites, ..Mexicans, Arabic people..It's terrible.

But as far as people holding resentment for O.J., I don't know if you remember a guy named Rodney King and a little incident known as the L.A. Riots? White people were being pulled from their vehicles and beaten to death. How's that for retaliation, no hate! It goes both ways, it's scary. :-3
Good point CC. Too often when people hear "racism", they automatically think of white people hating black people. Then they call it "reverse racism" when it's the other way 'round. That's chaps my ass more than anything. It's the SAME DAMN THING!!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

Racism is rampant in this country. Since 20th century began the subjects have been Blacks, Japanese, German, Italian, Irish, Jewish, Mexican, Muslim, everybody. The sad reality is that only during times like 9/11 is there unity and only during times like Katrina is there an utterance of racism.

I was watching the show 30 Days this past weekend when a Christian had to live with a Muslim family. At one point he came out and asked the Muslim patriarch why didn't he publicly denounce Al-Qaeda and their hand in terrorism. I personally took offense because this was an instance in which I felt a minority had to come out and apologize for the people he may or may not know. When was the last time someone went on t.v. and apologized about slavery? Or the Holocaust? The irradication of the Native Americans, Incan, and Mayans?

As far as Rodney King, he has been forgotten about. So have the people that got off in the beginning. This crime was videotaped. There was indisputable evidence and the people got off, in the beginning. My question is now, what were the police officers' names? Don't google it. Just spout it off the top of your head.
BabyRider

O.J. and N.G.

Post by BabyRider »

Lennox wrote: only during times like Katrina is there an utterance of racism.

You're kidding, right?
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

I put quotes around the work killed because he was acquitted. So for me to constantly just say killed it would basically be me cutting my own arguement out from under me. I do personally think O.J. is guilty if not murder then he knows who did it, but I can't just say he killed, he killed, he killed because I don't know for sure.

As far as racism and reverse racism it's all a bunch of BS. I don't condone racism nor racist people. I used to live up the street from this little boy, he couldn't have been any more than 9 when he started calling all of the little black kids nigger. I thought this was amazing and sad all at the same time since his sister had a crush on one of those "niggers." Racism simply put is dumb. I like what George Carlin said, "I think racism takes too much energy. I'd much rather hate one ******* at a time."
cherandbuster

O.J. and N.G.

Post by cherandbuster »

Hey

There is prejudice against people of my faith a lot

You all heard me use profanity in the Mel Gibson thread

And, like him, they can go phuck themselves :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

BabyRider wrote: You're kidding, right?

No. When was the last time racism in America was a hot topic in America? We are bombarded by images of racism around the world but rarely here. Since Katrina, when was the last time we heard about racism in America? If there has been something and I've missed it, prove me wrong please.
Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

cherandbuster wrote: Hey

There is prejudice against people of my faith a lot

You all heard me use profanity in the Mel Gibson thread

And, like him, they can go phuck themselves :guitarist

This has to be the worst. How can you hate someone that looks like but doesn't have the same views as you? No, in lieu of going to pluck themselves, they can sodomize themselves with cacti and pineapples.
valerie

O.J. and N.G.

Post by valerie »

Lennox and Flops, 2 of the very nicest posts I've seen in a LONG time.

Thank you both.

I'm not up enough on quoting to do this right but I want to respond

to points in both posts.

Now that you say it, I do see EXACTLY what you mean Flops about

N-word being an "out". And I think you're right, and I surprise myself.

And Lennox, that word is just a word. Albeit a very "ugly" one. And I

think you are right in saying it has power because people allow it to.

I ask you then how do we collectively get beyond that?

I'm going to tell a story and I'm going to use

that word.

In the early 70's I lived in Oakland, California. We were in what some

called a "polka-dot" neighborhood, blacks and whites. I came home

late from work one night to find out we had been robbed. My next

door neighbor came over (black lady) and we chatted about it a little.

I had seen the 2 guys driving away and she asked me point blank "Were

they black?" and I said "I'm sorry, Bobbie, yes, they were" and then

she said "Them damn niggers". And I was a little shocked, but at the

moment I knew in my heart what she meant. It was her rage and

frustration with them for doing something that would reflect in a

negative way against her own race.

I can't tell anyone why O.J. would be more important. I'd certainly

rather not hear about him again. Let him live with his demons. Why

the media wants to bring it up time after time can only be because

they think it's what the public wants. Wonder if Nancy Grace gets

any letters from people saying "Give it a rest, why dontcha?"

My local newspaper still publishes every year in the "Birthdays" when it's

his bday. Lovely.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

CheshireCat

O.J. and N.G.

Post by CheshireCat »

Lennox wrote:

As far as Rodney King, he has been forgotten about. So have the people that got off in the beginning. This crime was videotaped. There was indisputable evidence and the people got off, in the beginning. My question is now, what were the police officers' names? Don't google it. Just spout it off the top of your head.

You got to be kidding me! If everone has fogotten, then why do I remember it!

God Bless BR!!!
cherandbuster

O.J. and N.G.

Post by cherandbuster »

Lennox wrote: they can sodomize themselves with cacti and pineapples.

You're right, Lennox

I like your idea better :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

BabyRider

O.J. and N.G.

Post by BabyRider »

Lennox wrote: No. When was the last time racism in America was a hot topic in America? We are bombarded by images of racism around the world but rarely here. Since Katrina, when was the last time we heard about racism in America? If there has been something and I've missed it, prove me wrong please.
Ooo, ALL these MANY years since Katrina, huh? What's that been....AN ENTIRE YEAR??? Wow. Ever since then, huh? :yh_eyebro
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

CheshireCat

O.J. and N.G.

Post by CheshireCat »

Lennox wrote: No. When was the last time racism in America was a hot topic in America? We are bombarded by images of racism around the world but rarely here. Since Katrina, when was the last time we heard about racism in America? If there has been something and I've missed it, prove me wrong please.

Where do you live? I see it everyday.

God Bless BR!!!
Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

valerie wrote: Lennox and Flops, 2 of the very nicest posts I've seen in a LONG time.

Thank you both.

And Lennox, that word is just a word. Albeit a very "ugly" one. And I

think you are right in saying it has power because people allow it to.

I ask you then how do we collectively get beyond that?

First of all I'm going to say you're welcome.

To get rid of racism, we must first look at what is at the base of racism fear. We as a sociey have been bombarded by images that are used to do nothing more than strike fear in the hearts of others. When you have people fearing others, this fear of..., eventually turns into anger directed at..., and eventually hatred of. Native Americans, the Japanese, Germans, Irish, Blacks, Jews, Muslims, etc. have all been and continue to be the subject of racism. Fear is at the base but ignorance fuels it. We must learn about other people, races, cultures, traditions, religions, everything. We can't judged based on face value. When you look at the picture below you see a young black man, but you know nothing about him. You don't know that he's a college graduate, employed in the field of public relations, an aspiring photographer, never been arrested, never tried a narcotic, not even weed. We don't know anything him unless you ask. But he's been followed through stores, stopped by the police, kicked out of shopping centers, had bags clutched, doors locked, and windows rolled up. That's racism. Why do these things happen? Ignorance of who the person is. Fear of who the person is.

Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

"Cat" and Baby Rider, when was the last time it was at the forefront of the media? I live in Texas. I see it all the time, but it isn't discussed. It is that proverbial elephant in the middle of the room. As one of the "REFUGEES" that relocated to Texas I've had to deal with it, and for the first few months following the storm the country knew what was going on, now who knows anything about New Orleans or Chalmette or Arabi. Who knows what's going in New Orleans? Furthermore who cares besides those who lived and live there? We are bombarded about two countries fighting overseas and we have forgotten all about issues that are present here. Israel will be o.k., they are like Mike Tyson fighting Michael Jackson. Deal with the problems at home before you go take care of someone else's.
CheshireCat

O.J. and N.G.

Post by CheshireCat »

Lennox wrote: First of all I'm going to say you're welcome.

To get rid of racism, we must first look at what is at the base of racism fear. We as a sociey have been bombarded by images that are used to do nothing more than strike fear in the hearts of others. When you have people fearing others, this fear of..., eventually turns into anger directed at..., and eventually hatred of. Native Americans, the Japanese, Germans, Irish, Blacks, Jews, Muslims, etc. have all been and continue to be the subject of racism. Fear is at the base but ignorance fuels it. We must learn about other people, races, cultures, traditions, religions, everything. We can't judged based on face value. When you look at the picture below you see a young black man, but you know nothing about him. You don't know that he's a college graduate, employed in the field of public relations, an aspiring photographer, never been arrested, never tried a narcotic, not even weed. We don't know anything him unless you ask. But he's been followed through stores, stopped by the police, kicked out of shopping centers, had bags clutched, doors locked, and windows rolled up. That's racism. Why do these things happen? Ignorance of who the person is. Fear of who the person is.

Racisim is also something that is taught, it has to start in the home.

God Bless BR!!!
Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

CheshireCat wrote: Racisim is also something that is taught, it has to start in the home.

Very true, there was a little boy that was about 9 that used to call all of the black kids on my street "nigger." He was way too young to know what it meant, but he knew how to spew hatred and who to direct it at.
CheshireCat

O.J. and N.G.

Post by CheshireCat »

Lennox wrote: Very true, there was a little boy that was about 9 that used to call all of the black kids on my street "nigger." He was way too young to know what it meant, but he knew how to spew hatred and who to direct it at.

Believe it or not, i didn't know what that word meant til I went to Jr. High. I knew it was bad, and younever called anyone that. We used to have those firecrackers that danced around and turned different colors, my cousins were calling them n... chasers, but we called them frog chasers, it was more fun to chase a frog anyway (my mother's reasoing, and it worked!)

I just think we are in trouble, and it's Racism period. It's the hate.

God Bless BR!!!
cherandbuster

O.J. and N.G.

Post by cherandbuster »

Lennox

I'm curious

Is that a picture of you or a friend of yours?

That was a great post; you got your point across very well. :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Bryn Mawr

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Diuretic wrote: There are times when I wonder how anyone can get a fair trial when they've involved in any matter involving race, celebrity or the fact that Greta or Bill or some up and coming talking head from Fox News gets interested in the case. The rampant speculation that goes on is amazing to someone who has lived and worked within a criminal jurisdiction that would have put the commentators in the slammer for contempt of court for such speculation. I know it's due to the First Amendment that it can happen but I wonder if it allows true justice to be done.

Over here we have a Senior Law Lord (what a title to lumber anyone with) giving his opinion that John Reid has compromised any possible trial of the 23 people being questioned over the current bomb plot by saying he believed that the main protaganists had all been arrested - and this would prevent them receiving a fair trial.

Compare this to the media circus during the OJ trial and it's no surprise that the jury's verdict was suspect.
Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

cherandbuster wrote: Lennox

I'm curious

Is that a picture of you or a friend of yours?

That was a great post; you got your point across very well. :-6

It's me. It was one day when I was working out. I decided to play with the camera between sets. The ski cap is to hold my headphones in while I bench press and curl.
cherandbuster

O.J. and N.G.

Post by cherandbuster »

Lennox wrote: It's me. It was one day when I was working out. I decided to play with the camera between sets. The sky cap is to hold my headphones in while I bench press and curl.

Nice to meet you face-to-face, Lennox.

My avatar is a picture of me :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

CheshireCat

O.J. and N.G.

Post by CheshireCat »

Lennox wrote: It's me. It was one day when I was working out. I decided to play with the camera between sets. The sky cap is to hold my headphones in while I bench press and curl.

Hey Lennox! My pic is on my profile! OMG!! Don't you get HOT working out in that cap? I'd faint!

God Bless BR!!!
Lennox

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lennox »

flopstock wrote: Yikes! I use the little 'shove it in your ears' headphones and they stay in better unless i really start sweating... it seems like the inside of my ears have started sweating the older i get... of course i've been known to break a sweat changing into the spandex..:p

Yeah, I'm a sweater too. I can sweat in a blizzard, butt naked, sitting in the middle of the Arctic Ocean. I too have those earphone that go in the ears but when I'm benching the I guess the movements just shake them lose and that throws me off.
Nomad

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Nomad »

Lennox, it almost seems as if your just slinging mud because your looking for a reaction. I dont care if OJ is black, red or purple. The evidence overwhelmingly indicated he was guilty of a heinous shockingly evil crime. Crime doesnt even describe his actions. So 12 people found him innocent, so what ? That doesnt make him innocent. He got away with an enormously and conspicuosly satanic deed that rightly so haunts anyone with a modicum of human decency. Why on earth would you defend a pig like him ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Lulu2

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Lulu2 »

"When was the last time racism in America was a hot topic in America? We are bombarded by images of racism around the world but rarely here"

+++++++ Racism is mentioned all the time as an excuse for something or a way to discredit someone who has an opinion which you can't dispute logically.

For example: Illegal immigration causes enormous social, economic and security problems for this country. Nobody can logically debate this, so the charge of RACISM is often hurled at people who make the statement. It's easy and can't be disputed.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton don't seem to know any other song, so to speak. These men are always ready to leap into any fray, loudly claiming charges of racism which are never proven.

This issue is never going to be resolved, either. Throughout time, people have been afraid/leery of "the other." It's human nature. I hear people leveling charges of racism at others which are, themselves, racist. The word "prejudice" implies PRE-JUDGED...and if I were of the mind, Lennox, I'd say your opening statement here is full of prejudice...pre-judging the values and opinions of people on the board.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Bryn Mawr

O.J. and N.G.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Lulu2 wrote: "When was the last time racism in America was a hot topic in America? We are bombarded by images of racism around the world but rarely here"

There's a difference between the charge of racism being made in the media and the issue of racism being discussed in the media and I think that that's this distinction that Lenox is trying to make.

Return to “Current Events”