A trip to the dentist

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
redman

A trip to the dentist

Post by redman »

Yes 8.30 am. tomorrow, the problem is that my crown has come out after eating malt bread,so what it means now is that they have to take out the remaining two roots which seem buried right in the gum,wish me luck,I hope to report back after it has been done.

:-5 :yh_pray
chonsigirl

A trip to the dentist

Post by chonsigirl »

*yikes*

I wish you lots of luck, I hate dentists more then doctors. I go to get a crown during the summer, before I get my bottom braces put on.:p
redman

A trip to the dentist

Post by redman »

chonsigirl wrote: *yikes*

I wish you lots of luck, I hate dentists more then doctors. I go to get a crown during the summer, before I get my bottom braces put on.:p

Crowns never seem to work for me,this is the second and at over £100 a time its expensive

:mad:
chonsigirl

A trip to the dentist

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, they are expensive. The price sounds almost the same here. I told them to wait until summer vacation to do it-like there goes a good day of vacation!

I hope it works well for you this time.
Sheryl

A trip to the dentist

Post by Sheryl »

Ughh sorry Red, I'll be thinking of ya. I have a wisdom tooth that's coming in, but don't have an extra 5 grand laying round to go have them removed at this time. :-3
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
woppy71

A trip to the dentist

Post by woppy71 »

EEEEK!!

I hate dentists, Had a tooth extracted about a year ago...the pressure on my jaw was so much, I thought it would snap!!:(
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Nomad

A trip to the dentist

Post by Nomad »

The only real upside here is that you will leave with a prescption for Vicodin. Try to enjoy that.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Sheryl

A trip to the dentist

Post by Sheryl »

Umm whose your dentist??? Mine's never gave me a script for Vicoden. :-2

my son
Nomad

A trip to the dentist

Post by Nomad »

Sheryl wrote: Umm whose your dentist??? Mine's never gave me a script for Vicoden. :-2

Sometimes you have to milk it hon. Writhe and moan a little.

Thats getting me kinda hot.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Sheryl

A trip to the dentist

Post by Sheryl »

Nomad wrote: Sometimes you have to milk it hon. Writhe and moan a little.

Thats getting me kinda hot.

Alrighty then....:-2

my son
Marie5656

A trip to the dentist

Post by Marie5656 »

Dental work and I have never gotten on well. :yh_nailbi :lips: Hope your visit goes well and you will be smiling again:D
Peg

A trip to the dentist

Post by Peg »

Well, how did it go? I have such a fear of dentists and no real reason to.
redman

A trip to the dentist

Post by redman »

Bad news I am afraid,the crown fell out yesterday,went to the dentist today and

I have to go back on 22nd.June to have the roots taken out,she has said that she may have to cut the gum to get to them and it would then require stitches also

don't take any work on for a few hours afterwards asyou may be a bit woosey.sounds ruddy exciting to me.

:-5 :-5 :-5
CARLA

A trip to the dentist

Post by CARLA »

Yikes sounds fun actually once the roots are out it will never hurt again. I won't tell about my recent trip to the oral surgeon....:lips: I thought I would be tough and not be sedated. Stupid me was a big mistake, have them knock you out so you can't hear or see a darn thing.. :lips: If they are going to be working on your gums Vitamin "V" as I call it (Vicodine) is a must...;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Marie5656

A trip to the dentist

Post by Marie5656 »

I was given some of the Happy Pills aka Vicodin when I went to have two teeth pulled. Luckily it was on a Friday...I took one when I got home and pretty much slept all weekend. Cut the rest into 3rds and hung onto them and used them sparingly as needed. Helped the arthritus.:D
redman

A trip to the dentist

Post by redman »

Marie5656 wrote: I was given some of the Happy Pills aka Vicodin when I went to have two teeth pulled. Luckily it was on a Friday...I took one when I got home and pretty much slept all weekend. Cut the rest into 3rds and hung onto them and used them sparingly as needed. Helped the arthritus.:D

Never heard of "Vicodin" what are they,we could do with some,if my wife goes to the dentist she has to take diazapam :-5
CARLA

A trip to the dentist

Post by CARLA »

It is a very effective pain killer for some to strong I break mine in half when I get a prescription and the results are the same no pain, you make have to take another half sonner but thats OK. I can't take codeine so Vicodin works for me.. :D

[QUOTE]What is Vicodin?

• Hydrocodone (related to codeine) is in a class of drugs called narcotic analgesics. It relieves pain.

• Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of hydrocodone.

• Together, Vicodin is used to relieve moderate-to-severe pain.

• Vicodin may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Vicodin?

• Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have

· a history of alcohol or drug abuse;

· kidney disease;

· liver disease;

· asthma;

· urinary retention;

· an enlarged prostate;

· hypothyroidism;

· seizures or epilepsy;

· gallbladder disease;

· a head injury; or

· Addison's disease.

• You may not be able to take Vicodin, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.

• Vicodin is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether it will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.

• Vicodin passes into breast milk and may affect a nursing infant. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.

• If you are younger than 18 years of age or older than 60 years of age, you may be more likely to experience side effects from Vicodin. Your doctor may prescribe a lower dose [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

redman

A trip to the dentist

Post by redman »

CARLA wrote: It is a very effective pain killer for some to strong I break mine in half when I get a prescription and the results are the same no pain, you make have to take another half sonner but thats OK. I can't take codeine so Vicodin works for me.. :D

Thanks Carla,you have explained everything,although I have never heard of it here.
cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

Good luck, Redman.

I've had awful luck with my teeth over the past few years. I'm getting my 3rd implant (don't even ask about the $$$) very soon. I'm a big teeth grinder at night and seem to break my teeth while I sleep. I have used a mouth guard for years but still have lots of problems.

Oh, and by the way, my dentist gives me Percocet. Good dentist!
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

CARLA

A trip to the dentist

Post by CARLA »

CherandBuster,

How do you like your implants??? I'm soon to have one on my lower right side after the hole that the tooth that didn't want to come out heals..;) I also gride my teeth. I have had a splint since the early 80's well not the same one bit through a few. The damage to my teeth is enormous they look great but most of my mouth on both side top and bottom are crowns that are now going bad, some can be redone, some can't thus implants...:o
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

Oh, Carla, aren't teeth problems brutal?

I've had good luck with my implants (only in my mouth so far!!). It supposedly is the healthier route to go (as opposed to a bridge). It is a long process but they really look great.

Good luck and if you have any questions, let me know. Unfortunately, I've become quite the expert on it . . .

I also have a nice smile, so no one else would really know about the problems I have. At least my mouth looks good!
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

A trip to the dentist

Post by CARLA »

CherandBuster, Thank you for your input if I have other questions as the day approaches I won't hesitate to ask...!! ;) Now I need a second job to pay for it..:rolleyes:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

CARLA wrote: Now I need a second job to pay for it..:rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth!!
Live Life with

PASSION

meltonpie

A trip to the dentist

Post by meltonpie »

I've just come across this thread. Thanks a bunch you lot!! I've got to go to the dentist tomorrow, and you've all really cheered me up! Don't quite know why we hate them so much, after all - they are trying to help us. But shall I be glad when evening time comes and it all will be over!
BabyRider

A trip to the dentist

Post by BabyRider »

I hate going to the dentist, but I love my dentist. She will knock me out cold for any procedure, even a basic cleaning, because my mouth is so sensitive. And I ALWAYS walk away with a script for Vicoden.

I had really, REALLY bad teeth till I was 29, and then my mother's guilt kicked in for not having made me go, out of her OWN fear of dentists. I got so much work done, (to the tune of $31,000...yes that says thirty-one THOUSAND dollars). Every single tooth in my head needed work, and now, although I have bridges, crowns, and every tooth in my head is glass, I have a perfect gleaming white smile.

What would normally have taken 2-3 years to correct with braces, her procedure entails reshaping and/or removing existing teeth, and recovering and replacing them with implants. They look perfectly natural, and the best thing? They do NOT stain. I drink tons of coffee and I smoke, and you'd never know it. It took a total of 6 visits over a 2 month period to have my teeth corrected.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

redman

A trip to the dentist

Post by redman »

I got so much work done, (to the tune of $31,000...yes that says thirty-one THOUSAND dollars). .

Thank god for the UKs. national health scheme
pantsonfire321@aol.com

A trip to the dentist

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

[QUOTE=redman]Yes 8.30 am. tomorrow, the problem is that my crown has come out after eating malt bread,so what it means now is that they have to take out the remaining two roots which seem buried right in the gum,wish me luck,I hope to report back after it has been done.

I really hate the dentist (havent been in year's :yh_chickn ) and i used to be a dental nurse when i left school :) . Root canal treatment you poor sod,, finger's crossed for you i would'nt wish that on my worst enemy.:yh_hugs
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
meltonpie

A trip to the dentist

Post by meltonpie »

Thank god for the UKs. national health scheme

That's the problem - I had a National Health dentist, but he went private and there is not a NHS dentist that will take new patients within 50 miles.

Thank your lucky stars, and just pray that yours doesn't go down the "private" road. :D
cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

Well lucky me -- wouldn't you know it, one of my implants is loose :(

Going to my dentist today to check it out. I think it's just the screw underneath the crown that needs to be replaced.

Not fun at all!
Live Life with

PASSION

minks

A trip to the dentist

Post by minks »

My dental work provided my old dentist with a lovely mansion, a Porche, and a Mistress.

OMG isn't it amazing how much work we all have had done and how much we all hate trips to the dentist.

I am not sure what hurts more the actual dental work, or the payment of the work.

I am the proud owner of numerous horror stories, 2 failed root canals, 5 successful root canals, 5 caps and a ton of fillings. I am sure they work your fillings to death until there is more filling per tooth ratio, then say "oh dear this tooth is a mess, lets cap it", they cap it, then it fails and they have to go back in, do a full root canal and new cap (cause the first one broke upon extraction) and that is how they get richer.:D See I am onto them....
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

minks wrote: "oh dear this tooth is a mess, lets cap it", they cap it, then it fails and they have to go back in, do a full root canal and new cap (cause the first one broke upon extraction) and that is how they get richer.:D See I am onto them....

. . . and then after the root canal, they say "Oh, too bad -- the tooth is cracked. We're gonna have to pull it and put in an implant."

And so it goes . . . again and again . . .
Live Life with

PASSION

minks

A trip to the dentist

Post by minks »

cherandbuster wrote: . . . and then after the root canal, they say "Oh, too bad -- the tooth is cracked. We're gonna have to pull it and put in an implant."

And so it goes . . . again and again . . .

Ohhh isn't that depressing....

Gosh I hope none of our members are dentists they are going to hunt us down EEEEEK:-3

― Mae West
cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

minks wrote: Gosh I hope none of our members are dentists they are going to hunt us down EEEEEK:-3

Good point . . . EEEEEEEK too!
Live Life with

PASSION

minks

A trip to the dentist

Post by minks »

cherandbuster wrote: Good point . . . EEEEEEEK too!

and threaten us with... dental tool pictures OMG!!!

― Mae West
cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

O. K., gang, I'm back from the dentist! Seems to be that the crown needs to be redone (yep, we're talkin' $1,000 here), but first they have to be able to pull it off. It wasn't loose enough today, so I'm going back next Tuesday.

Hopefully my dentist will be able to remove it with a nice pair of dental pliers . . .:sneaky:

It's so nice to have TFs (tooth friends) who understand what I'm going thru!!
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

A trip to the dentist

Post by CARLA »

Damn Cherandbuster I though Implant were full proof once they were done that was it never have to worry about that tooth again. Now your saying the crown on top of the screw can go bad... Damn I should have become a dentist they are raking in the money for sure...:-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

Oh, Carla, it's all because I grind my teeth!

The implant (i.e., the 'rod' inserted deep within the gum) is just fine. But my grinding cracked the crown.

Damn my grinding!:(
Live Life with

PASSION

meltonpie

A trip to the dentist

Post by meltonpie »

cherandbuster wrote: Oh, Carla, it's all because I grind my teeth!

The implant (i.e., the 'rod' inserted deep within the gum) is just fine. But my grinding cracked the crown.

Damn my grinding!:(

I think we have all suffered enough with these nightmare stories, so lets go sidewise on this. Now, friend! What is it that is making you so angry to have to grind your teeth? And in fact, what does everyone get REALLY angry about?
cherandbuster

A trip to the dentist

Post by cherandbuster »

Now THAT is the right question to ask!

I do not consider myself to be an angry or anxious or tense person; for the life of me, I cannot figure out why I grind. I catch myself during the day holding my jaw tightly and try my best to STOP!

Perhaps I'm burying some deep, dark secret that even *I* am unaware of . . .:rolleyes:
Live Life with

PASSION

Return to “General Chit Chat”