AV property rights

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
sunny104

AV property rights

Post by sunny104 »

SnoozeControl wrote:

And I have the utmost respect for Anastrophe and Tombstone. This is an excellent forum and easily the best I've come across in my online travels.

Yep! That's right! I have no desire to go anywhere else, I love it here! :)
Bez

AV property rights

Post by Bez »

SnoozeControl wrote: Jeez, I was joking! Admittedly, it wasn't one of my best, but there's no need to pile on me, for pete's sake.

And I have the utmost respect for Anastrophe and Tombstone. This is an excellent forum and easily the best I've come across in my online travels.

My post wasn't aimed at you personally Snooze....:) ....just trying set the record straight.

The comments were aimed at EVERYONE... ...whilst Tombstone and Anastrophe are extremely easy going, they must get hacked off when they have to keep 'mopping blood' off the floor of FG, rapping knuckles, sending people to the 'sin bin' and ultimately banning folks.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
buttercup

AV property rights

Post by buttercup »

my post about stealing members was in relation to what you said snooze, i did not mean to upset you, im sorry if i did but its my opinion & i feel if you read it over it was not said or meant in a nasty way

as for joking im afraid i never get your jokes, i do however enjoy many of your posts ;)
jennyswan

AV property rights

Post by jennyswan »

There are lots of great Forums out there including this one. I'm a member of a few different ones. I like to keep zapping between them to see what is going on.

:-6
pantsonfire321@aol.com

AV property rights

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

I really like spot .:D
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Maxi_Uno

AV property rights

Post by Maxi_Uno »

SnoozeControl wrote: Jeez, I was joking! Admittedly, it wasn't one of my best, but there's no need to pile on me, for pete's sake.

Who is Pete?

And what is the other group?

Is it suppose to be for the "exclusive", away from the "rift raft"?:p lol
spot

AV property rights

Post by spot »

Ladies. Desist. You'll blacken my name if you cat-fight anywhere near me with the light on. This thread has run its course, I'd have thought, unless the "real" anastrophe wants to add his two-pennorth of calm wisdom to round things off.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Maxi_Uno

AV property rights

Post by Maxi_Uno »

spot wrote: Ladies. Desist. You'll blacken my name if you cat-fight anywhere near me with the light on. This thread has run its course, I'd have thought, unless the "real" anastrophe wants to add his two-pennorth of calm wisdom to round things off.

Hi Spot!:)
spot

AV property rights

Post by spot »

Maxi_Uno wrote: Hi Spot!:)That's not much to go by, in terms of recognising people from the past. OK, I'll play. You're a new incarnation of that babygirl / TenneseeGirl succession.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

AV property rights

Post by spot »

Clancy wrote: Had, spot, really wanted to cause alarm, I believe he would have chosen something that would have rattled foundations. As it is, I think spot enjoys jousting with, anastrophie, and this was nothing more than a harmless prank, but I understand if others see it differently.I'm not one to moan - no, honestly - but even though I know I can't log in with my chosen AV, the site continues to block me from reading any of the contributions there:

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

non responsive to PM

I'd have thought this thread was quite a reasonable response, as far as it goes.
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

buttercup wrote: no snooze i dont

when i started my forum i invited my friends, when any friends of mine start a forum i'd be hurt if they dident ask me along, wether i joined or not is irrelevant

i dont feel forum garden owns me so how can i be stolen?

FG doesnt own you butter however anastrophe and tombstone put the time and $ in here and built this site up. They started from the ground up and made Fg what it is, a thriving healthy forum for people to enjoy. FG members were solicited on FG pm's (in the back alley) and that to me is underhanded and a slap in the face. The other forum didnt put in the work, they took advantage of a situation here and instead of working towards resolve and seeing it through they fled, feeling free to use FG as pool for new members. I personally find that cowardly and I think it sucks.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

AV property rights

Post by Peg »

Nomad wrote: FG doesnt own you butter however anastrophe and tombstone put the time and $ in here and built this site up. They started from the ground up and made Fg what it is, a thriving healthy forum for people to enjoy. FG members were solicited on FG pm's (in the back alley) and that to me is underhanded and a slap in the face. The other forum didnt put in the work, they took advantage of a situation here and instead of working towards resolve and seeing it through they fled, feeling free to use FG as pool for new members. I personally find that cowardly and I think it sucks.
While I totally understand the work anastrophe and tombstone put into this place, the members are largely in part responsible for its success. While trying to make their main poster happy, many others were chased away. I don't find it cowardly to give us a place where you could type the way you want, spell poorly, etc. without being personally attacked. I know there are other reasons for the other forum to be started, but that is the main reason I go to the other place and hope to see it become as huge of a success as this place. The crap went on far longer than it should have been allowed. My opinion, for what it's worth.
Bez

AV property rights

Post by Bez »

Nomad wrote: FG doesnt own you butter however anastrophe and tombstone put the time and $ in here and built this site up. They started from the ground up and made Fg what it is, a thriving healthy forum for people to enjoy. FG members were solicited on FG pm's (in the back alley) and that to me is underhanded and a slap in the face. The other forum didnt put in the work, they took advantage of a situation here and instead of working towards resolve and seeing it through they fled, feeling free to use FG as pool for new members. I personally find that cowardly and I think it sucks.

Mmmmm I think that's a bit harsh Nomad but you are entitled to your opinion. It is an alternative place to go not a replacement for FG. From what I can see EVERYONE is still posting here.

I don't believe it was set up to solicit people away from here, but only the 'founders' can answer that and I'm sure they will.

If you read the posts from most of the members here, they are extrememly loyal to Tombstone and Anastrophe and to the Forum that they have created. FGs a brilliant place with some fantastic people.

Anything else that i might say on this subject would be referring to the past and 'picking scabs' and we're trying to look to the future here so I will 'desist' as they say.

See ya later....
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

Peg wrote: While I totally understand the work anastrophe and tombstone put into this place, the members are largely in part responsible for its success. While trying to make their main poster happy, many others were chased away. I don't find it cowardly to give us a place where you could type the way you want, spell poorly, etc. without being personally attacked. I know there are other reasons for the other forum to be started, but that is the main reason I go to the other place and hope to see it become as huge of a success as this place. The crap went on far longer than it should have been allowed. My opinion, for what it's worth.

Heres my question Peg because I dont know everything that goes on here. Did they (Far & Basco) try to resolve the issues they were having ? If so Id like to see where they did that, because I dont recall anyone standing up to LC or Baby R and saying anything resembling theres a problem lets work it out. If there were problems with other members concerning the health of this forum they should have been discussed.

Am I to take it there should be no friction in a forum ? If the other forum is debate free or sanitized and thats what you enjoy then fine, have fun, but I was disappointed in the way it happened.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

AV property rights

Post by Peg »

Nomad wrote: Heres my question Peg because I dont know everything that goes on here. Did they (Far & Basco) try to resolve the issues they were having ? If so Id like to see where they did that, because I dont recall anyone standing up to LC or Baby R and saying anything resembling theres a problem lets work it out. If there were problems with other members concerning the health of this forum they should have been discussed.

Am I to take it there should be no friction in a forum ? If the other forum is debate free or sanitized and thats what you enjoy then fine, have fun, but I was disappointed in the way it happened.
Disagreements are fine. Debates are fine. I'm talking personal attacks here. Poor KM could not post anything without being teased, taunted, and tortured. When she had enough and threatened to sue FG, it was out of sheer frustration. Did you ever read my thread on bullies? I can't speak for Far & Basco, but I know there are many times I about left here, yet it's the other members, you being one of them, that kept me wanting to stay here. You're one of the ones that can debate without personally attacking the poster.
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

Peg wrote: Disagreements are fine. Debates are fine. I'm talking personal attacks here. Poor KM could not post anything without being teased, taunted, and tortured. When she had enough and threatened to sue FG, it was out of sheer frustration. Did you ever read my thread on bullies? I can't speak for Far & Basco, but I know there are many times I about left here, yet it's the other members, you being one of them, that kept me wanting to stay here. You're one of the ones that can debate without personally attacking the poster.

I agree. EVERYONE should be able to come in here free of being raged on or humiliated or personally shredded. Thats not fun for anyone. I guess my thinking is and always has been if theres a problem lets get it fixed. The real problems were never addressed. I did read the bully thread but I thought it was generic, it could have been better served if specifics were brought to light.

Im not going to drag this out, I had my say. If Far and Basco want to reply we can continue the conversation, perhaps Im looking at this in a skewed way, thats possible and Im not above correction, but right now I still think there was a better way. Two members left to start an almost identical forum with essentially the same members because of what ? Two or three that were a thorn in their side ?

It should have been resolved differently. If theres a problem stand up and face it, thats how things get done.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peg

AV property rights

Post by Peg »

Nomad wrote: I agree. EVERYONE should be able to come in here free of being raged on or humiliated or personally shredded. Thats not fun for anyone. I guess my thinking is and always has been if theres a problem lets get it fixed. The real problems were never addressed. I did read the bully thread but I thought it was generic, it could have been better served if specifics were brought to light.

Im not going to drag this out, I had my say. If Far and Basco want to reply we can continue the conversation, perhaps Im looking at this in a skewed way, thats possible and Im not above correction, but right now I still think there was a better way. Two members left to start an almost identical forum with essentially the same members because of what ? Two or three that were a thorn in their side ?

It should have been resolved differently. If theres a problem stand up and face it, thats how things get done.
I agree. We've had our say, let's not drag it out.
Accountable

AV property rights

Post by Accountable »

Madchatters is not a 'different' forum, it's a mirror forum. I'm damned ambivalent about It's & would love to know Basco & Far's reasons for starting it.

Yeh, I guess I'm taking it a bit personally. So sue me.
Maxi_Uno

AV property rights

Post by Maxi_Uno »

Accountable wrote: Madchatters is not a 'different' forum, it's a mirror forum. I'm damned ambivalent about It's & would love to know Basco & Far's reasons for starting it.

Maybe they were unhappy with the way things were, I think they have said as much. Why should you be ambivalent?:)
Accountable

AV property rights

Post by Accountable »

Maxi_Uno wrote: Maybe they were unhappy with the way things were, I think they have said as much. Why should you be ambivalent?:)
To look for another forum that better suits your likes/desires/personality. That's good and healthy and desirable.

To say "This forum thing looks interesting, I think I'll be creative and make a unique forum of my own," is likewise good and healthy and desirable.

This appears to be neither. I have to agree with Nomad, though we could be wrong (wouldn't be a first, for sure). This looks like they were dissatisfied with the game, so they picked up their marbles and moved, then snuck notes in to their friends so the 'undesirables' wouldn't find out and spoil their fun.

I'd love to be wrong this time.
Maxi_Uno

AV property rights

Post by Maxi_Uno »

Accountable wrote: To look for another forum that better suits your likes/desires/personality. That's good and healthy and desirable.

To say "This forum thing looks interesting, I think I'll be creative and make a unique forum of my own," is likewise good and healthy and desirable.

This appears to be neither. I have to agree with Nomad, though we could be wrong (wouldn't be a first, for sure). This looks like they were dissatisfied with the game, so they picked up their marbles and moved, then snuck notes in to their friends so the 'undesirables' wouldn't find out and spoil their fun.

That would be the managements concern and they seem to be gracious and cool about it. It's a "brave new World" eh?:)
Bez

AV property rights

Post by Bez »

Accountable wrote: Madchatters is not a 'different' forum, it's a mirror forum. I'm damned ambivalent about It's & would love to know Basco & Far's reasons for starting it.

I believed that Madchatters started as a 'blank board' but I have since found out it was an existing forum, however, It has recently developed more through the members who have asked for various gismos and changes over the weeks.

Because FG members have joined there , they have asked for stuff that they are familiar with at FG or at other forums that they are involved with.......I don't believe it is a mirror image.

It is the people that have been the problem NOT FG. I am sure that everyone would agree that this is a unique forum and we give huge credit to Anastrophe and Tombstone......not everyone has the stomach for conflict and to stand up to others, they come here for company, discussion, fun and idol chat.

We're still 'picking scabs' aren't we ???? and it's pretty wearysome

:(
Lil~Basco

AV property rights

Post by Lil~Basco »

Two members left to start an almost identical forum

No, two member did not leave FG to start a forum. Two members went and joined another forum, as others have! The administrator of MadChatters had his own forum for many years. He did put forth hard work and effort into it. And, with new members input, it is an atmosphere that they can enjoy and is constantly changing to meet their members needs.

Originally Posted by buttercup

when i started my forum i invited my friends, when any friends of mine start a forum i'd be hurt if they dident ask me along, wether i joined or not is irrelevant

i dont feel forum garden owns me so how can i be stolen?

Totally agree with Buttercup. We all have choices. Friends do invite friends to join them. A forum cannot own any member. One is free to come and go as they choose. I am a registered member at several other forums. Am I to be chastised for choosing to not have one exclusive forum? I would think not.

members were solicited on FG pm's (in the back alley)

I speak for myself on this, but I frowned on this when it was brought to my attention that this had happened. I personally invited one friend from here, the rest were through e-mail. But like Buttercup stated, friends extend invitations to their friends and how they do that is a matter of choice.

I dont recall anyone standing up to LC or Baby R and saying anything resembling theres a problem lets work it out

Again, speaking for myself...I have never had a problem with either one of these ladies. Others may have. I do know, many a time where LC jumped down someone's throat so badly that either they chose to leave on their own or were banned.

Madchatters is not a 'different' forum, it's a mirror forum.

You are entitled to your opinion Accountable, as is everyone else. It is evident that (the real) Ansatrophe realized that there was a problem at FG when he came and posted at MadChatters what he did. I do believe he found some answers he was seeking and will be making changes for the better at his forum. That is a good thing, for all involved.

I don't find it cowardly to give us a place where you could type the way you want, spell poorly, etc. without being personally attacked. I know there are other reasons for the other forum to be started, but that is the main reason I go to the other place and hope to see it become as huge of a success as this place.

Thank you Peg.
Bez

AV property rights

Post by Bez »

Thank you Lil....there have been too many misconceptions, misunderstandings and assumptions . I hope everyone will read your post and be re-assured and let FG regain the peace and harmony that existed before.:-6
Jives

AV property rights

Post by Jives »

SnoozeControl wrote: Considering most if not all the members over there started as members here, wouldn't you consider that "stealing"?:-2

I believe it's called "Freedom of choice." We all have the complete freedom to stay here, go to both places, or even leave.

Spot you are one of the most well-verses and intelligent people I know on the net. Billions of possible combinations for a username and out of the blue you chose "anastrophe?"

As for MadChatters, I'll tell you what. They moderate quickly, fairly, and justly. It's a real breath of fresh air. Anastrophe himself, (the real one) hinted that he is currently working along those lines.

Overall the tone of that board reminds me of this one when I first joined, fun, exciting, and generally ultra-friendly.

The posters there steer clear of highly-emotional topics. And even the occasional hot potato is usually handled tactfully by everyone. Why is that? Because a lot of the posters are FG veterans who made this such a nice place in the past.

Forum surfing is as natural as posting to most of us. I belong to four myself. With over a billion people online, I'm quite sure there are plenty of posters to go around.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
SweetDarlin

AV property rights

Post by SweetDarlin »

I'm very upset by somethings I read in this thread. I belong to no less than 4 forums. I know how "this other" one was started and had little to do with problems on FG, except to use it as a chance to reconnect with lost members. A good portion of members frequent both forums equally best I can tell. I also know that there was no ill will towards FG on my part and many others in the joining of another forum.

while spot and snooze have said somethings i could argue, there is no point and they are entitled to their opinion. Im most disheartened in the change of tone of this thread brought by Nomad and Acc.

It just breaks my heart that you would accuse someone you should KNOW is not guilty as you suggest. It's just sad... :(

There was no malice in the joining of another forum. that's all I've got.
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
Bez

AV property rights

Post by Bez »

Accountable wrote: To look for another forum that better suits your likes/desires/personality. That's good and healthy and desirable.

This is NOT the way it was and I'm disappointed that the 2 of the most 'grounded' people here (yourself and Nomad) feel this way. It maligns the people who decided to explore somewhere new and it is disappointing that it's now become such a big deal...I find it rather childish, churlish, wearysome and somewhat unexpected. I would guess that the activity here has not decreased over the past 2 or 3 weeks.

You've both said that differences should be discussed and resolved and that 'we' shouldn't run away and hide so I guess that's what we'll do.....discuss and resolve
Jives

AV property rights

Post by Jives »

Well it hurt Far's feelings, that's for sure. ( I should know, I've done it myself and I'm trying not to do that anymore.)

Like I said, there are billions of online people today. There's plenty enough to go around.
Bez

AV property rights

Post by Bez »

Jives wrote: Well it hurt Far's feelings, that's for sure. ( I should know, I've done it myself and I'm trying not to do that anymore.)

Like I said, there are billions of online people today. There's plenty enough to go around.

Sorry, this is slightly off topic but when you bring SKYPE up on screen it tells you how may users are on line....currently...4,529,981...that's a LOT of people
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

Bez wrote: This is NOT the way it was and I'm disappointed that the 2 of the most 'grounded' people here (yourself and Nomad) feel this way. It maligns the people who decided to explore somewhere new and it is disappointing that it's now become such a big deal...I find it rather childish, churlish, wearysome and somewhat unexpected. I would guess that the activity here has not decreased over the past 2 or 3 weeks.

You've both said that differences should be discussed and resolved and that 'we' shouldn't run away and hide so I guess that's what we'll do.....discuss and resolve

Bez, Im strictly talking about taking something the admin here built and put their own money and time into and using the back door to take their members. Its fine with me that theres another forum, I dont care. Its fine with me if you guys are there, why would I care ? My beef is with that specific act, the method is less than honorable. Nothing catastrophic happened here. It should have been dealt with up front. Instead they split us up. They used Fg to build their site up. Its not the same, and I hold Basco and Far accountable for that. I dont hate them, I dont want to slash their tires, Im just disappointed. I would have expected more from them. Thats how I feel on it. I can drop this right now and let it go, but its been bugging me and I wanted the opportunity to have my say. My actions are simply a reaction to the way it was done. If you can show me how the way it was done was honorable and above board by all means please show me, Im listening and have an open mind.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Jives

AV property rights

Post by Jives »

Nomad, people don't just pull up roots and leave if they are happy. ;)
Bez

AV property rights

Post by Bez »

Nomad wrote: Bez, Im strictly talking about taking something the admin here built and put their own money and time into and using the back door to take their members. Its fine with me that theres another forum, I dont care. Its fine with me if you guys are there, why would I care ? My beef is with that specific act, the method is less than honorable. Nothing catastrophic happened here. It should have been dealt with up front. Instead they split us up. They used Fg to build their site up. Its not the same, and I hold Basco and Far accountable for that. I dont hate them, I dont want to slash their tires, Im just disappointed. I would have expected more from them. Thats how I feel on it. I can drop this right now and let it go, but its been bugging me and I wanted the opportunity to have my say. My actions are simply a reaction to the way it was done. If you can show me how the way it was done was honorable and above board by all means please show me, Im listening and have an open mind.

Basco has already stated her case http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... stcount=77

Maybe you and Far should discuss via PM.

Of course you should have your say...it's something you always advocate for the rest of us...discuss and resolve...yeah ?

I am struggling with your reasoning that's all , given that you know pretty well the people involved I'm surprised at the way you're you're thinking.

I don't think I can really contribute much more to this...it's really between you, ACC, Far and Basco. I sincerely hope it gets resolved to the satisfaction of you all and the respect and trust is restored..:yh_worry
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

Far Rider wrote: Hey sounds like your beef is with me. Why take it to the open board before you talked with me?

My beef is with you. This whole thing has been done wrong. Look man I dont judge you, its just you could have done this a whole lot better. You didnt have to split us up. If you had a problem with a member it should have been dealt with, I dont think its really in your nature (or I didnt think so) to go sneaking around. My creed is anything can be done, it just matters how much you want it. You tore up a good thing. It didnt have to be like that. As far as pm ing you, you havent been here, not much anyway, and you never discussed any of this openly the way it should have been done. You know my nature here, I dont cause many problems but in my opinion this was crappy and Im having my say.
I AM AWESOME MAN
theia

AV property rights

Post by theia »

Nomad, I love you, Far and Acc to bits. I admire all three of you for your integrity, your intelligence, your wisdom and your love. I appreciate that you all need to have your say but please don't allow it to cause a rift between you...it would break my heart to see that happen.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

theia wrote: Nomad, I love you, Far and Acc to bits. I admire all three of you for your integrity, your intelligence, your wisdom and your love. I appreciate that you all need to have your say but please don't allow it to cause a rift between you...it would break my heart to see that happen.

I dont feel any animosity Theia
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bez

AV property rights

Post by Bez »

It's midnight here and I must go to bed before I fall off my chair, so just one more comment from me.

I don't think we've been split Nomad...i have the feeling that we're pretty much 'together 'lately at FG, more so than we have been for a while.

Nit, nite everyone :-4 :yh_yinyan
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

Far Rider wrote: You sir have no idea what I have or have not done behind the scenes. I find it hard to belive you do not see that if I did come here and say "Hey ya''lll Im starting a new forum, heres the addy ya'll come and post now yahear", that the management would have blessed that or most folks would not have thought that was an ok thing to do.

It was not done sneaky, it was not done to undermine anyone or any other place.

Ive always operated above board here, except when its been personal between only those involved in a problem or a solution to a problem.

You are intitled to your opinion, you can post it anywhere you want. But your wrong, you dont know my motives and you obviously dont know me.

Well thats my whole point right there. If you didnt think it was ok to make it public and you had to do it behind the scenes because it wouldnt be acceptable otherwise then in my book it is sneaky. Am I missing something ? Maybe Im just a dolt I dont know.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

AV property rights

Post by chonsigirl »

I love you both very much, please don't fight anymore.
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

JAB wrote: All this talk about "splitting up" and "back doors" makes this all sound more nefarious than it need be.

Invitations to join MC was never done in a "us vs. them" fashion in which one needed to place their loyalty to one or the other. It was and remains another option, a different tone and yes for some a smaller place where they may be more comfortable expressing themselves.

More than a few people expressed trepidation about possibly having to choose but since all the FG people posting on MC also planned on continuing to post at FG, it became a non-issue. The choice (not that there was ever a need for one) was left up to the individual with the request to keep it civil no matter what site they were on.

To imply that Far, Basco or anyone else intentionally plotted to "steal" members is ludicrous not to mention highly inaccurate. I came here from another forum - is FG then also guilty of stealing me from them? Does the TOS here at FG state we must forsake all other forums for this one? If I have a favorite restaurant and then decide I want to patronize another one, does my favorite no longer welcome me in their doors?

If anything, we should be thanking Admin for putting together one hell of a site that inspires people to carry on friendships both here and elsewhere. How is that wrong?

Nefarious ! ?

You take that back !!!

:)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

AV property rights

Post by Nomad »

I have always had a high opinion of Far. That hasnt changed. Im disagreeing with him but thats not going to change my opinion. This was never meant as a defamation of character though I can see it was taken that way. Ill think on this some more and if I find Im understanding fars explanation better Ill be the 1st one to make ammends.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Members' News”