Volunteers' heads blowing up to three times normal size

pina

Post by pina »

I used to work with some people in Cheshire that did this all the time, they said it was money for nothing, sometimes they were ill for a couple of days or got a headache but never more than that.

Bet they don't go back for more.

minks

Post by minks »

What a horrible horrible thing.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

I heard on the radio that since this story broke, MORE people than usual are interested in volunteering for drug trials. They must need their normal-sized heads looking at. :thinking:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Drugs volunteer's 'living hell'

A volunteer in the drugs trial which left six men seriously ill has said the study was like "Russian roulette".
minks

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: Drugs volunteer's 'living hell'

A volunteer in the drugs trial which left six men seriously ill has said the study was like "Russian roulette".

hasn't OM posted something about this too, these are all related right egads just awful I can't believe it could go so wrong.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

minks wrote: hasn't OM posted something about this too, these are all related right egads just awful I can't believe it could go so wrong.i think Abbey did too. it's a horrific story.
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Just watched an interview with the Guy who was lucky enough to be given a placebo. The thing I found very disturbing about the interview on the BBC, was the tee-shirt he was wearing

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Clancy wrote: ....ok I'll bite. What did it say on the t-shirt ? :-3

No motif or slogan - just hoops (pink and greeny turquoise from memory)

Worthy of a caution from the Fashion Police at the very least :o

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Uncle Kram wrote: No motif or slogan - just hoops (pink and greeny turquoise from memory)

Worthy of a caution from the Fashion Police at the very least :o

Lol! I thought it was quite pretty! :wah:

He's been on 3 of the 8 Sky news channels on the multimedia screen, ya can't miss him.

I was impressed with his quality of reporting. His voice was shaking all through the interview yet he was able to report succinctly what had happened whilst obviously realising what a lucky escape he had. If that was me I would have burst into tears from shock!

What he described was terrible though...it made me think of the Harrison Ford film, The Fugitive, where test results were changed in order to get a life-saving drug into the market more quickly, despite the drug having adverse side-effects and not doing what it claimed to do.

I hate to be pessimisstic, but the two men who are in critical condition haven't improved in the least and I don't think they will pull through. This is dreadful for two young lives, but if they did survive their health will presumably be severely damaged for life. I hope their families are able to make a claim against the drug company as the only way to hurt these giant conglomerates is through their wallets.
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Rapunzel wrote: Lol! I thought it was quite pretty! :wah:

He's been on 3 of the 8 Sky news channels on the multimedia screen, ya can't miss him.

I was impressed with his quality of reporting. His voice was shaking all through the interview yet he was able to report succinctly what had happened whilst obviously realising what a lucky escape he had. If that was me I would have burst into tears from shock!

What he described was terrible though...it made me think of the Harrison Ford film, The Fugitive, where test results were changed in order to get a life-saving drug into the market more quickly, despite the drug having adverse side-effects and not doing what it claimed to do.

I hate to be pessimisstic, but the two men who are in critical condition haven't improved in the least and I don't think they will pull through. This is dreadful for two young lives, but if they did survive their health will presumably be severely damaged for life. I hope their families are able to make a claim against the drug company as the only way to hurt these giant conglomerates is through their wallets.

Watch out Fashion Fugitive, Tommy Lee Jones is comin' to get you :D

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”