Gay Marriage.

Paula

Gay Marriage.

Post by Paula »

Tim Shelley wrote: I was directing my question to Paula. Sorry, still learning the ropes.

Tie yourself up and return to where you came from... :rolleyes:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Paula

Gay Marriage.

Post by Paula »

JFDI-Just Frigging Do It. :lips:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
greydeadhead

Gay Marriage.

Post by greydeadhead »

He LC and Peg.. just a quick observation here.. did you ever think that the idea of a man and a woman having sex is just as repulsive to them. Think about it. Besides what they do in the privacy of their home is no one elses business. Personally I believe that gay and lesbian couples should be afforded the same rights, protections and privledges as heterosexual couples. Of course this would mean that they also would have to adhere to the same laws ruling separation and divorce.. anyway.. my 2 cents worth for now..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
BTS

Gay Marriage.

Post by BTS »

I think not Paula..............
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
ComfortablyNumb

Gay Marriage.

Post by ComfortablyNumb »

Sorry Paula, only read seven pages before I wanted to scream. You must be very proud of having produced a troll thread this long. Congratulations.

Your style of argument reminds me of a 10 year old on Neopets! It would help greatly if you strung a few sentences together without all of the 'attention span of a gnat' jumping about that is so difficult to make sense of (if there's any sense in it in the first place).

The topic is supposed to be about gay marriage. Some might say that biblically it is wrong, but for reasons of legal equality it has value. Doesn't bother me one way or the other. God is still in His heaven and all's well.
abbey

Gay Marriage.

Post by abbey »

Blummin heck my heart picked up a beat when i saw Paula's name.

I thought she was back!

BabyRider

Gay Marriage.

Post by BabyRider »

ComfortablyNumb wrote: Sorry Paula, only read seven pages before I wanted to scream. You must be very proud of having produced a troll thread this long. Congratulations.

Your style of argument reminds me of a 10 year old on Neopets! It would help greatly if you strung a few sentences together without all of the 'attention span of a gnat' jumping about that is so difficult to make sense of (if there's any sense in it in the first place).

The topic is supposed to be about gay marriage. Some might say that biblically it is wrong, but for reasons of legal equality it has value. Doesn't bother me one way or the other. God is still in His heaven and all's well.
Oh geeze, another one trying to make sense out of Paula. Sorry, CN, that just ain't gonna happen. If you'll note the date on the thread, it's rather old, and Paula hasn't been around inmany many months.

Why did BTS bump the thread in the first place??? :confused: :confused:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

ComfortablyNumb

Gay Marriage.

Post by ComfortablyNumb »

Sorry to scare you guys!

Lady Cop told me she was long gone, Rightly so, you can't discuss anything with people like her.

Thought I'd necro'd the thread - I feel better now I know it wasn't me but BTS.
InfraRedConnection

Gay Marriage.

Post by InfraRedConnection »

You know...Paula was right. Gay marriages should be banned. We should also bring back slavery. Yeah...there was nothing wrong with beatin' dem dere negros! They deserved ery bit of it, I reckon!

*rolls eyes*

I absolutely refuse to respect anyone who shows such disrespect for mankind.

As for gay marriages...who does it harm for two men or two women to get married? Who is that harming? Tradition? So what? Traditions change. Joey and Robert getting married has nothing to do with me just the same as Amy and Jack getting married has nothing to do with me. It doesn't hurt me. If you want to give me a MATURE argument as to why there is something wrong with it, then go right ahead but I do not want Paula's childish responses. "You're a silly head teeheehee" *rolls eyes* I don't care how much older you are than me, the way you have responded to these people is absolutely ridiculous and you are part of the reason why this country is in such a bad state. People like you make the U.S.A. unpleasant. It's no longer "land of the free" You do have the right to your opinion but the way you presented your opinion with your petty insults and name-calling makes your opinion NULL! Anyone else is welcome to argue with me if you want to be mature.

Oh yeah...another thing...if we're trying to "preserve marriage" and crap like that, then why is it that the divorce rate is so high? Don't even argue that gay marriages are less likely to last. Look at all the single parents, divorcees, etc. Marriage is already a joke so why does it matter? The traditional crap is long gone because no one stays together. Uh, hello...Britney Spears and her whole what 48 hour marriage or whatever? Straight people can get married and then get it annuled in no time. Why can't homosexuals have that same chance? If you don't want to give homosexuals the chance to get married even though they have been together for years...then there should be a law against heterosexuals getting married after knowing each other for 6 months. There should also be a law against divorce. If you're going to try to argue that b.s. then something needs to be changed about hetero marriages as well.

*edit* I know Paula hasn't been reading...when I make mention of her, I mean anything like what she said is not a welcome response to me
Accountable

Gay Marriage.

Post by Accountable »

InfraRedConnection wrote: You know...Paula was right. Gay marriages should be banned. We should also bring back slavery. Yeah...there was nothing wrong with beatin' dem dere negros! They deserved ery bit of it, I reckon!

*rolls eyes*

I absolutely refuse to respect anyone who shows such disrespect for mankind.

As for gay marriages...who does it harm for two men or two women to get married? Who is that harming? Tradition? So what? Traditions change. Joey and Robert getting married has nothing to do with me just the same as Amy and Jack getting married has nothing to do with me. It doesn't hurt me. If you want to give me a MATURE argument as to why there is something wrong with it, then go right ahead but I do not want Paula's childish responses. "You're a silly head teeheehee" *rolls eyes* I don't care how much older you are than me, the way you have responded to these people is absolutely ridiculous and you are part of the reason why this country is in such a bad state. People like you make the U.S.A. unpleasant. It's no longer "land of the free" You do have the right to your opinion but the way you presented your opinion with your petty insults and name-calling makes your opinion NULL! Anyone else is welcome to argue with me if you want to be mature.

Oh yeah...another thing...if we're trying to "preserve marriage" and crap like that, then why is it that the divorce rate is so high? Don't even argue that gay marriages are less likely to last. Look at all the single parents, divorcees, etc. Marriage is already a joke so why does it matter? The traditional crap is long gone because no one stays together. Uh, hello...Britney Spears and her whole what 48 hour marriage or whatever? Straight people can get married and then get it annuled in no time. Why can't homosexuals have that same chance? If you don't want to give homosexuals the chance to get married even though they have been together for years...then there should be a law against heterosexuals getting married after knowing each other for 6 months. There should also be a law against divorce. If you're going to try to argue that b.s. then something needs to be changed about hetero marriages as well.

*edit* I know Paula hasn't been reading...when I make mention of her, I mean anything like what she said is not a welcome response to me
No one is preventing marriage. It is not illegal to marry without a marriage license, as far as I know. No gov't can force a church to marry a couple if the church refuses to, as far as I know.

So the complaint becomes: the gov't should be forced to recognize gay marriage, civilly. To which I ask, why should the gov't civilly recognize any marriage? Based on your post, what's the point?

I would prefer the gov't just get out of the marriage business.
Jives

Gay Marriage.

Post by Jives »

InfraRedConnection wrote: Oh yeah...another thing...if we're trying to "preserve marriage" and crap like that, then why is it that the divorce rate is so high?

Don't look at me, I've been happily married for 12 years now.:D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Jives

Gay Marriage.

Post by Jives »

"Things I'd Like the Government to Get Out Of" sounds like my next thread.:rolleyes:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Accountable

Gay Marriage.

Post by Accountable »

Jives wrote: "Things I'd Like the Government to Get Out Of" sounds like my next thread.:rolleyes:Weren't you in on that thread with Clint and me? I'll have to resurrect it.
InfraRedConnection

Gay Marriage.

Post by InfraRedConnection »

If the government gets out of marriages then that means all of the advantages get taken away from straight people. I'd say that would be okay. No priviledges for anyone. But it isn't like that. Married couples get special priviledges. It isn't fair that homosexuals can't have the same priviledges. Aren't we supposed to be equal?
Accountable

Gay Marriage.

Post by Accountable »

InfraRedConnection wrote: If the government gets out of marriages then that means all of the advantages get taken away from straight people. I'd say that would be okay. No priviledges for anyone. But it isn't like that. Married couples get special priviledges. It isn't fair that homosexuals can't have the same priviledges. Aren't we supposed to be equal?
Now you've got the idea. Marriage is a morality issue. It's not government's purview.
Accountable

Gay Marriage.

Post by Accountable »

mrsK wrote: I don't know that I get any special priviledges because I am married:confused:

I have been married for 34 yrs.But even if we weren't married in a church I would still be with my husband as we made a commitment to each other & have stuck by it. The Government has nothing to do with our marriage/commitment as far as I can see.

Am I missing something?:-6
In the US, we get special tax discounts for married couples and even more for children. Also, a civil marriage license grants a plethora of privilieges that homosexual couples would have to go through quite a bit of legal documentation to acquire, such as making decisions for the partner when he/she is incapacitated, being designated as next of kin, etc.
BabyRider

Gay Marriage.

Post by BabyRider »

Jives wrote: "Things I'd Like the Government to Get Out Of" sounds like my next thread.:rolleyes:
Do it, man! I'll have plenty to contribute to that topic!!!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Return to “Social Human Rights”