Bothwell Bags Birds

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
lady cop

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by lady cop »

here are the pheasants Bothwell shot on saturday, and he has a lovely way of preparing them, en casserole with carrots and mushrooms and celery and port, i wish i were there, tramping through the beautiful countryside hunting, how very English..... his black lab, rocky, was very useful, just stood there and retrieved nothing. but he looked handsome. :rolleyes:

Attached files
valerie

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by valerie »

My favorite game bird. Tasty little devils.

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Lil~Basco

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by Lil~Basco »

What a wonderful harvest and his casserole sounds delicious! :)
Sheryl

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by Sheryl »

Pesky birds. Can't even tell you how many times I"ve almost wrecked due to one flying up at me while driving. Nor will I go into the details of one causing me to pee on myself.:o

Hey Bothwell you and LC are welcome to come stay during pheasant season here and help lower the population of them. Hunting season starts first weekend of December.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
lady cop

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by lady cop »

thanks Sheryl, that's very kind of you! i have a son in Texas too, near arlington. he operates a horse ranch. ...now you know you must tell the 'pee' story! LOL ....PS, your av cracks me up! :wah:
sunny104

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by sunny104 »

I apparantly used to love pheasant when I was little!:)
Sheryl

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by Sheryl »

lady cop wrote: thanks Sheryl, that's very kind of you! i have a son in Texas too, near arlington. he operates a horse ranch. ...now you know you must tell the 'pee' story! LOL ....PS, your av cracks me up! :wah:

OKOK I got roped into drivng the grain cart during corn harvest. It was getting close to dusk and I had to go really bad. I got off the tractor and proceeded with relieving myself. Just as I was about to sigh with relief I heard a rustling behind me. I had seen a couple of coyotes and a badger already that evening. So when I heard the rustling I jumped up midstream and was trying to climb back on the tractor and pull my pants up at same time. When I got to top of tractor I turned around and saw that it was pheasant hen and her brood that had come out of the corn. :o

my son
CARLA

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by CARLA »

Yummy !! You think we can get there by dinner time..:D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

SOJOURNER

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by SOJOURNER »

When I was a youngster, I remember being sent out to pick strawberries/blackberries in our field.

I'd just about have a heart attack when those pesky pheasants would rise

up all of a sudden and take off right in front of you................ Really annoying birds! Spilled a lot of berries cause of them.

Of course, it was the dog that flushed them out...........

but that was his job!
Bothwell

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by Bothwell »

Let me just clear one thing up. Rocky is a prince amongst dogs he just does not deign to do the "retriever" bit. he just sits right by me and never moves, he will follow my gun and even appears to scowl when I miss but shows absolutely no interest in going and getting the damn things. I will send a pic of him tomorrow when I have had him downgraded to Labrador only
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Bothwell

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by Bothwell »

BTW the casserole was lovely but the soup I had from it yesterday was even nicer, having moved onto to humbler species it's mr Bunnies turn next. My neighbour got a couple out ferreting yesterday
lady cop

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by lady cop »

here is Bothwell's lovely lab, Rocky.........

Attached files
Bothwell

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by Bothwell »

Ah my labrador "Retriever", notice how like all labs he has perfected the "I am so hungry look". Actually he has just been told I am going to korea and will come back with recipes for Leg of Lab
SOJOURNER

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by SOJOURNER »

lady cop wrote: here is Bothwell's lovely lab, Rocky.........

He looks small -- a puppy yet? :-3
SOJOURNER

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by SOJOURNER »

Bothwell wrote: Ah my labrador "Retriever", notice how like all labs he has perfected the "I am so hungry look". Actually he has just been told I am going to korea and will come back with recipes for Leg of Lab

No wonder he doesn't leave your side while hunting --- you are traveling too much (he thinks)............. :D
Sheryl

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by Sheryl »

Awww he looks so cute. :)

**whispers to Rocky*** IT's ok I won't let them make Leg of Lab.

my son
Bothwell

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by Bothwell »

He is huge it's the baskety that's big, they had xl on offer!!!

he weighs about 5 stone with not an ounce of fat (oops 70lbs)
valerie

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by valerie »

lady cop wrote: here is Bothwell's lovely lab, Rocky.........

:-4 :-4 :-4
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

teramiabullfrog

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by teramiabullfrog »

morning everyone, just wandered in, sounds and looks like the local hunting lodge is at it again (ever since that deer brace ended up in the chandelier). only shot pheasants with film myself. hey joe, the bartender, how about my usual (p.a. wa, tailgate red and a shot of ky), and a round for the house, and two for yourself. just a reminder, anyone going out and about, and into your local post office, check to see if they have any missing children notices on display (doesn't matter where you live, the Finding Our Children Under Stress Org. is documenting the results world wide now (since the international center for missing and exploited children is adopting the U.S. federal funded programs to help find and prevent missing children.

took the issue to the celebs this morning. went to the ellen degeneres web site and signed up to contact any celeb - first one i tried was bill murray, no info on contacting him available. F.O.C.U.S. has an incredible proposition for him, that will help bring home some of the missing and prevent many more from becoming missing.

pool anyone? eight ball double bank in the side.
lady cop

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by lady cop »

teramiabullfrog wrote: morning everyone, just wandered in, sounds and looks like the local hunting lodge is at it again (ever since that deer brace ended up in the chandelier). only shot pheasants with film myself. hey joe, the bartender, how about my usual (p.a. wa, tailgate red and a shot of ky), and a round for the house, and two for yourself. just a reminder, anyone going out and about, and into your local post office, check to see if they have any missing children notices on display (doesn't matter where you live, the Finding Our Children Under Stress Org. is documenting the results world wide now (since the international center for missing and exploited children is adopting the U.S. federal funded programs to help find and prevent missing children.

took the issue to the celebs this morning. went to the ellen degeneres web site and signed up to contact any celeb - first one i tried was bill murray, no info on contacting him available. F.O.C.U.S. has an incredible proposition for him, that will help bring home some of the missing and prevent many more from becoming missing.

pool anyone? eight ball double bank in the side.i tried to pm you, your capacity was full. so i will say it in public...i don't appreciate that you used my thread to promote your own agenda, especially since i tried to help you with logistics when you first got here.
teramiabullfrog

Bothwell Bags Birds

reply to lc : i apologize. i still haven't figured out this computer stuff. still don't know the logistics of deleting items in my inbox so it's been full since day one. as far as promoting my agenda, i'm going to continue promoting it every time, way, and chance i get. you, of all people must know the frustration families of the missing go through. being totally ignored by every politician and federal agency responsible for conducting the programs they fund, will cause people to bring it to anyone's attention anyway they can. i'll be sure to keep "my" agenda out of the crown and sheep. thank you for your constructive criticism.
BabyRider

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by BabyRider »

teramiabullfrog wrote: reply to lc : i apologize. i still haven't figured out this computer stuff. still don't know the logistics of deleting items in my inbox so it's been full since day one. as far as promoting my agenda, i'm going to continue promoting it every time, way, and chance i get. you, of all people must know the frustration families of the missing go through. being totally ignored by every politician and federal agency responsible for conducting the programs they fund, will cause people to bring it to anyone's attention anyway they can. i'll be sure to keep "my" agenda out of the crown and sheep. thank you for your constructive criticism.
Bullfrog, I think it makes sense to promote your agenda in the proper forums. I know FG is a huge place with lots of different folders, but when a poster puts a post in a thread completely unrelated to the thread topic, it is more likely to get ignored than responded to. If you started a thread about missing children and a bunch of us came in and began discussing the weather, well, you'd probably be annoyed, right? We have plenty of "crimes and Trials" folders, "Current Events" folders, even an Amber Alert forum that LC herself is responsible for having implemented.

I also get your frustration about navigating this site, it has SO many features! It's one of the best things about FG. If you have problems figuring something out, post a thread with your question in "Problems, solutions and feedback" as an original thread, or even in "General Chitchat." Folks here are always willing to help newbies find their way around. If you don't know how to delete messages in your inbox, just go to the top right corner of the page, click on "Private messages" and it takes you to your mailbox. There's a button right there that says Empty folder.

If you're still having trouble, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to help you out. So would any other member here.

Just some (hopefully) helpful tips to get you acclimated.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by lady cop »

there are appropriate places to promote your agenda. i tried to facilitate you because my entire purpose here has been amber alerts and missing kids. if nobody responds to you, i can't help it. perhaps if you were less pedantic. ..once again, logistically, click on private messages. then delete them and delete the sent ones also.
CARLA

Bothwell Bags Birds

Post by CARLA »

Ah!! Rocky is quit cute indeed.. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

teramiabullfrog

Bothwell Bags Birds

again an apology to lc for stepping on her thread. my first mistake was i thought i was in bothwell's pub. so i'm out of here, please continue with your pheasant thread (if you knew me the last thing i am is pedant).
teramiabullfrog

Bothwell Bags Birds

baloney back at you. i saw the word bothwell and clicked on thinking it was the pub (read my first post yesterday and you'll see that). what do you mean this thread is done because of you?

Return to “Members' News”