gay couple can adoped in the uk new law pass

Jives

Post by Jives »

Accountable wrote: I have no problem whatsoever with prioritizing who gets to adopt first. Ethnicity, health, income, all that can be considered when making the list.

So we agree here. There are valid criteria that should be considered when adopting.

But to wholesale prohibit an entire part of the population because the situation would be less than ideal is ludicrous.

Not at all, as Far has proven, a homosexual environment is dangerous. To prohibit a dangerous sector of the population from adopting is common sense.

Virtually any family-style situation is superior to warehousing. Prohibition should be on a case-by-case basis.

Whoops, you should be careful about generalizing. I know many family-style situations that should not EVER be allowed to contain children. Just look at the meth families that supply much of my school's population.

And as for case by case, what's wrong with excluding members of a group? I can name two groups right off hand that should be excluded:

Sex offenders

Dangerous Felons

Regardless of how nice, financially stable, or personable the members of these groups might be, you would agree that it is a bad idea to place a child with them, yes? So why not exclude the members of a group of people known for abnormal psychology and a dangerous lifestyle?

It's perfectly logical.:cool:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Jives wrote: Whoops, you should be careful about generalizing. I know many family-style situations that should not EVER be allowed to contain children. Just look at the meth families that supply much of my school's population.

And as for case by case, what's wrong with excluding members of a group? I can name two groups right off hand that should be excluded:

Sex offenders

Dangerous Felons

Regardless of how nice, financially stable, or personable the members of these groups might be, you would agree that it is a bad idea to place a child with them, yes? So why not exclude the members of a group of people known for abnormal psychology and a dangerous lifestyle?

It's perfectly logical.:cool:That's why I said 'virtually.' Glad we're virtually parallel here. [smilie=8,3,2]
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by jives

Aha! Now I've got you. A baby has no religious convictions or any others for that matter. They will become the product of their environment. These factors have absolutely nothing to do with placement. I'm adopted, I should know better than you the effect on a child of nuture and environment.

No you don't I was just throwing out points for consideration-playing devils advocate. I would agree with you about the lack of religious convictions but there are people who would think, for example, allowing a protestant child to be brought up a catholic should not be allowed. sectarianism has to be seen to be believed but I do know people who would find that appalling. Do catholic orphanages allow protestants to adopt in the US?

I knew one couple, some tome ago admittedly, who were refused as fosters parents as "bringing a working class child in to a middle class home was too much of a culture clash" as the would be father put it he was spechless and couldn't think of an appropriate response that was civil and hitting a social worker wasn't conducive to good relations

The point about the hollywood mothers was as much about allowing single parents to adopt-arguably a hollywood lifestyle is not good for children who knows? but should non married couples be allowed to adopt? To many not being married in church means you are not married but living in sin.

There are proposals in this country to make any criticism of religon an offence which could mean any joke that some one relgious doesn't find funny could lead to prosecution, indeed even the most innocuous comment or even objecting to it being taught can lead to serious trouble, so far rider please take this the tongue in cheek way it is intended.

posted by far rider

I am absolutely certain that Christ would not turn water to wine for a gay couple and bless their marriage.

No doubt in my mind.

Christ was very much against sin. Although he forgave it, he recommended that whatever activity was sinful be stopped.

Given that JC is ostensibly the product of what must surely be a decidedly unnatural form of intercourse between a human and a God is he really in a position to criticise anyone elses sexual proclivities?
Jives

Post by Jives »

gmc wrote: Given that JC is ostensibly the product of what must surely be a decidedly unnatural form of intercourse between a human and a God is he really in a position to criticise anyone elses sexual proclivities?

Holy Smokes!

(Jives puts his hands in his pockets and begins to edge towards the door to avoid the coming storm)
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

oh my god i read 7 pages of this & almost never posted, some people may think 'wish she dident, after i have' :D

however ive a point of view to put forward & im as entitled to it as anyone else

given the time of my death - would my wishes be for a gay couple to raise my children - no

do i say this as im against gay partnerships - no - partnerships are fine

i say it as a woman who has raised 2 daughters alone, my daughters needed male figures in there life who they could respect, who could teach them about men & how men think (mars v venus)

if two women in a relationship were raising my child, unless they had very close male friends, family members how could i know they were having a balanced view of the world, where my children could make informed choices about men & women

i have by & large found gay people to be more predudice than straight people, they feel the world owes them, what exactly?

if you choose to be gay or are born that way, you should accept that that lifestyle does not produce children

its kind of like me saying - well im white but want everyone to accept im black

if your gay you dont have kids!!!!!!!!!!!! if your white you cant be black, sure you can colour yourself & pretend to be but it doesent make you be

who ever heard of two gay lions raising a pack of cubs ?

buttercup gets ready to be assacinated :wah:

p.s - whats all this reaction to spelling mistakes in this thread? i cant spell worth a **** & its never made a blind bit of difference to any post ive ever made
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Buttercup, go back & read Far's posts. He gives good advice for setting things up just in case you get taken too early. If you take responsibility & plan ahead, your kids will be taken care of the way you wish, which is as it should be.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Far Rider wrote: Hey ACC you skipped over her point!

What about a more balanced view of the world through both a male and female perspective of a set of parents?You used to sit in the back of the school bus and yank up on the neck hairs of the guy in front of you, didn't ya? :yh_devil

Most people agree with that. Buttercup has figured out a way to do that; so can others.

Put 'em [homosexual couples] at the bottom of the list, like 'space-available' flights. Just don't deny kids who have nothing else.
Slade1

Post by Slade1 »

Just to add a different dimension to this ('cos I don't want to get too far into this on A Friday night, and my feelings on the subject are already known I'm sure).

Why is everyone assuming that the kids who are up for adoption are orphans? I'm pretty sure that the majority of these kids are just unwanted (for want of a better word). Surely to goodness it doesn't matter whether the prospective parents are gay, straight, animal, vegetable or mineral (joke). All of the couples should be evaluated by the same standards and the social services should make their decision based on that assessment, not sexual preferences.

I live next door to a gay couple and they are sound as a pound. If Jesus is small minded enough to not turn water into wine for them then they can have some of ours, we've got loads left after Christmas. Plus there's an off licence just 'round the corner.
Slade1

Post by Slade1 »

Clancy wrote: Reminder to go to the 'offy ....it's only the crap stuff that's left.

Its called wine it has a label , but it tastes like a single grape has been dipped in paraffin

Yeah I know, leibfraumilch and grand tempranillo (?). If anyone likes either of these, you're welcome to them.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Accountable wrote: Buttercup, go back & read Far's posts. He gives good advice for setting things up just in case you get taken too early. If you take responsibility & plan ahead, your kids will be taken care of the way you wish, which is as it should be.

accounts - hi first & foremost ;)

much as i would love to read the posts, i done 7 pages - eek - hard work :rolleyes:

i know far, he's a good guy & anything he thinks is sound is sound with me

its a contriversial subject & if it dident raise some strong feelings - well it wouldent be the garden :D
Jives

Post by Jives »

buttercup wrote: my daughters needed male figures in there life who they could respect, who could teach them about men & how men think (mars v venus)

Hiya Buttercup! Long time, no see! All us regulars missed you! Valid point BTW!

if your gay you dont have kids!!!!!!!!!!!! if your white you cant be black, sure you can colour yourself & pretend to be but it doesent make you be

who ever heard of two gay lions raising a pack of cubs ?

ROFL! "Out of the mouths of babes", eh?:D

p.s - whats all this reaction to spelling mistakes in this thread? i cant spell worth a **** & its never made a blind bit of difference to any post ive ever made

That's because we all like you so much Buttercup! We'd never think of correcting you!

:-4

(that's only the second time I've used that emoticon, so feel special about yourself!)
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Jives wrote: Hiya Buttercup! Long time, no see! All us regulars missed you! Valid point BTW!

ROFL! "Out of the mouths of babes", eh?:D

That's because we all like you so much Buttercup! We'd never think of correcting you!

:-4

(that's only the second time I've used that emoticon, so feel special about yourself!)

jives your a teacher, without you how would we learn

ive known some amazing teachers in my life, my spelling has always been awful & yet on reflection my english teachers have always been the backbone of my standards, code, morals - call it what you will, they never found my spelling a problem - bizzarre but not, spelling alone does not get you through life

my art teacher installed in me the gift of believing in what i create is good, belief is half the battle

im a hairdresser, its not rocket science but its an art - a creative art, i believe in it & what i create because of my art teachers, because they believed in me

so this whole gay parent thing comes down to what we are taught is right, our code, our morals, so if what we are taught is the key to life is balance, how can two same sex parents be balanced?
Katy1

Post by Katy1 »

You can have two people of the same sex with two completely different qualities to bring to a family unit.

Why do two different sexed people automatically mean two 'balanced' personalities?

You could, for example, have two neglectful parents cut from the same cloth, equally as brutal but two different sexes. You could have two gay parents who have perfectly balanced personalities who are caring and would offer a stable unit for a child to prosper in.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

buttercup wrote: [...]

so this whole gay parent thing comes down to what we are taught is right, our code, our morals, so if what we are taught is the key to life is balance, how can two same sex parents be balanced?
It can't, any more than a single-parent home can be balanced. But single parents find ways; they make it work as best they can.

My issue is when a kid has nowhere else to go other than an institutional setting or a loving homosexual couple, I opt for the couple.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Accountable wrote: It can't, any more than a single-parent home can be balanced. But single parents find ways; they make it work as best they can.

My issue is when a kid has nowhere else to go other than an institutional setting or a loving homosexual couple, I opt for the couple.

i agree with you accounts but sadly i find its the last option on my list :(
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

buttercup wrote: i agree with you accounts but sadly i find its the last option on my list :(Last is not prohibition. :-6
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Not my cup of tea as we say here. I've nothing against Gays. But marriage and adopting kids. No WAY.
sheryl_b

Post by sheryl_b »

This is totally outta order why should children be adopt'd by gay couples??? think rationally the poor child will have a life of hell while going through school being bullied

Gays have enough problems with living their own life style to bring a poor defensless child into that is totally wrong

The goverment or whoever made this sick new law needs a good kick up the @ss :lips: :lips:

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

sheryl_b wrote:

This is totally outta order why should children be adopt'd by gay couples??? think rationally the poor child will have a life of hell while going through school being bullied

Gays have enough problems with living their own life style to bring a poor defensless child into that is totally wrong

The goverment or whoever made this sick new law needs a good kick up the @ss :lips: :lips:

Every child deserves a loving home gay/straight what matters is whether its loved .Kids can be cruel but someone has to teach them that behaviour - if it were my child my one wish would be that its loved .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
sheryl_b

Post by sheryl_b »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Every child deserves a loving home gay/straight what matters is whether its loved .Kids can be cruel but someone has to teach them that behaviour - if it were my child my one wish would be that its loved .
It's totally bang out of order why should any child have to put up with being bullied because some idiot pass'd a new law sayin gays can adopt..........the child can't choose who they are adopt'd by.........but it'll be them who suffer.......... n come on CAN u see how a guy couple r gonna explain the birds and bees??????? These poor kids who are adopted by gays will think it normal that 2 men/women should sleep together......

Return to “Current Events”