Iran's Nuclear Activity

Accountable

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Accountable »

Thoughts on Iran having a nuclear reactor?
Bez

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Bez »

Accountable wrote: Thoughts on Iran having a nuclear reactor?

Scary, very scary in such an unstable region ....you can't reason with these people either.... some political nutter over here was advocating banning them from the football world cup to teach them a lesson....what ????
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
StupidCowboyTricks

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

Bez wrote: Scary, very scary in such an unstable region ....you can't reason with these people either.... some political nutter over here was advocating banning them from the football world cup to teach them a lesson....what ????

They were talking about that here too.

I guess they take it very seriously (soccer)
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

Bez

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Bez »

Clipper wrote: Israel will never let it happen.....

One of the reasons that it's so scary.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Accountable

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Accountable »

You don't think the idiots representing us won't try to talk Israel down? It's happened several times before.
Accountable

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Accountable »

Their official stance, as I understand it, is that they're building the reactor for power rather than weaponry. I don't know if there is a significant difference in facilities.

People are already talking about possible military action. I can't imagine the American citizenry supporting it. :thinking:
Accountable

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Accountable »

The timing is odd. 9/11 came out of the blue, so we invaded Afghanistan. Strange thing that just about the same time we got Afghanistan buttoned up, Iraq raised it's head for the first real time in years. Now, Iraq has a new constitution & gov't. ...... :thinking: ..... the timing is odd. I don't like it at all.
orpheus

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by orpheus »

yep they wont,

because they are the only ones allowed to be the nutters with big guns in that part of the world.

and I agree arnold,

again,

this has nothing to do with us.
Wolverine

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Wolverine »

not good. once they have a nuclear reactor, it won't take much to develope weapons grade plutonium. and when they do.... Bye-bye Israel

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Uncle Kram

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Uncle Kram »

Wolverine wrote: not good. once they have a nuclear reactor, it won't take much to develope weapons grade plutonium. and when they do.... Bye-bye Israel

Bye-Bye Everyone :(

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Accountable

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Accountable »

Wolverine wrote: not good. once they have a nuclear reactor, it won't take much to develope weapons grade plutonium. and when they do.... Bye-bye Israel
Would you feel the same if Israel were the one developing a reactor?
Uncle Kram

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Uncle Kram »

Israel isn't such a loose cannon

orpheus

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by orpheus »

Uncle Kram wrote: Israel isn't such a loose cannon
YES they are,

the only difference this is they are not a loose cannon against the west, everyone else in the middle east are fair game to Isreal.

it all Depends on who you are.

example,

Bosnia/Kosovo - There was a large Mujaheddin presence from all over the middle east fighting against the Serbs, in the case of Bosnia, Bosnian/Croatia related war crimes seemed to have largely played down, and in Kosovo NATO basically acted as the KLA (formally a terrorist group) air force.

Afghanistan/Iraq - a lot of the same Mujaheddin where deemed as enemies and beyond law, fighting against the coalition.

so the reason Israel are allowed to have nuclear weapon is because it suits the west for them to have them, and considering it treatment of non Jewish people in Israel and lands it occupies should not the west be 'having a go' at Israel for its nuclear capacity?
Uncle Kram

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Uncle Kram »

Im saying Israel is not such a loose cannon. Israel clearly has blood on it's hands too, but I see them as the lesser evil as they are more likely to respond to reason and pressure. Israels arsenal must be seen as a deterrant in the region. In the unpredictability stakes, I'd be more worried about Iran, based on the hard-line stance of the new head honco.

Nomad

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Nomad »

Heres a thought. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Do I think it would be a good idea ? No, scares the **** outta me. However to date we are the only ones that have actually detonated an atomic bomb. As long as they exist theres a threat. The big question is how are we going to stop it ? Are we going to invade Iran too ? Bad bad idea ! Un ? Uh yea that worked really well in inspecting Iraq's WMD's. I dont have an answer, I just know this is as bad as anything in a long time.
I AM AWESOME MAN
capt_buzzard

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by capt_buzzard »

keep a watchful eye on Iran Mr Bush
Lon

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Lon »

Even if they were developing nuclear weapons. So What?? France, England, Soviets, USA, Israel and China have them. Why not Iran? Is it because we view them as more of a threat? Given the fact that we (USA) have many, many nuclear devices, wouldn't make more sense to let them (if they are so inclined) fire the FIRST SHOT, and then totally wipe them off the face of the earth? There would be world support for such action on our part then with no argument or debate. I am not sure I agree with the U.S. proactive approach to this matter. It makes too many assumptions.
orpheus

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by orpheus »

capt_buzzard wrote: keep a watchful eye on Iran Mr Bush

OK...................who is keeping a watchful eye on Mr Bush?
Slade1

Iran's Nuclear Activity

Post by Slade1 »

Hmm..

I find a country, whose leader has publicly advocated genocide, having nuclear weapons particularly frightening. A lot is said about Israel. If I were Israel I might have a bit of an itchy trigger finger myself, being surrounded by that lot. I'm not one for advocating military action unless it is absolutely necessary, but I think we need to keep a very close eye on Iran indeed.

Return to “International Politics”