do you really believe in ghosts, etc...?

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
David Hill

Post by David Hill »

I don't I'm watching "Scariest Places on Earth" and it all seems setup lol I want to go into a "haunted" house myself to find out. whats your opinion?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Like everything else in life, David, it's all in the mind. By the way, I welcome you to the Garden.
David Hill

Post by David Hill »

thanks
orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

I lived in a house that was haunted.

I had a few really scary experiences while living there.One night something was in the bedroom with me and making noises, I broke out in a cold sweat as I was home alone.

A few month later we had a newly married couple look after our house while we went away, when we came back they said " We are never staying here again" They were BOTH woken up around 1 am by footsteps in the hall way, both of them heard them, when they went to have a look no one was there. Another night I was sat with a friend when something went passed and touched my hair, like a breeze blew on my hair and I felt it, yet there was no breeze in the room at all.

I was glad when we moved.
David Hill

Post by David Hill »

If you want something real scarey go spend a month in Baghdad Iraq.

I'll bet you come back a changed person.

I would but I'm 16
Southern Belle

Post by Southern Belle »

I believe there are more things on earth than science can easily explain
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Southern Belle wrote: I believe there are more things on earth than science can easily explain

There are indeed Belle. But that's only because science has not advanced enough.
David Hill

Post by David Hill »

yeah, I'd guess you'd figure if something was randomly moving, buy itself where everything around it wasn't, that it can't be explained. If it could be, it would happen everywhere... So i'm not sure, I still want to go to a "haunted" place and check it out for myself.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

:-5 Geez, threads like this annoy the sh!t out of me.

Why is it so difficult for people to have even the slightest bit of imagination, the teeniest iota of belief in magical, unexplainable things? Are we so arrogant that we think, "We don't have all the answers right now, but we will someday. Everything will be explained in just the way we want it to be"? Who wants to have all of life's mysteries explained? What's left when there is no longer ANY magic to believe in? Just because it's something that's not understood, it must not exist. THAT'S bullshit.

People are totally incapable of saying, "It's unexplainable, I don't have an answer, anything is possible." It's a damn shame.

Well, David, if you want my response: It's unexplainable, I don't have an answer, but anything is possible.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

David Hill wrote: yeah, I'd guess you'd figure if something was randomly moving, buy itself where everything around it wasn't, that it can't be explained. If it could be, it would happen everywhere... So i'm not sure, I still want to go to a "haunted" place and check it out for myself.

Go for it, Dave. Just for the sheer hell of feeling those hairs rise on the back of your neck.:D
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

BabyRider wrote: It's unexplainable, I don't have an answer, but anything is possible.

How about, "I've got an uncheckable theory."?:)
Dakotawoman

Post by Dakotawoman »

I have seen....
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Was just talking about this to friends tonight. If your asking do people encounter stange phenomena sometimes that are not readily expainable then yes, I do think that happens. Whether that means that there are ghosts and spirits and life after death and all that is a different story. I've actually had one or two strange experiences myself so I'm open minded on the subject, but I don't think I'm ready to make the leap to putting it down to supernatural forces or whatever.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Bella_Boo

Post by Bella_Boo »

Galbally wrote: Was just talking about this to friends tonight. If your asking do people encounter stange phenomena sometimes that are not readily expainable then yes, I do think that happens. Whether that means that there are ghosts and spirits and life after death and all that is a different story. I've actually had one or two strange experiences myself so I'm open minded on the subject, but I don't think I'm ready to make the leap to putting it down to supernatural forces or whatever.

I have been always 'sensitive' to this subject.... i have had things happen to me. I know this will sound weird and you will all say yer yer as if but beleive what you want to beleive.. at first i didnt beleive but too many coincedences to shake off... i have this sensation sometimes like someone is sitting on the edge of my bed... i dont feel scared by them but by the sensation... its cold in that area... its weird i know but its my experience... i have had many though... apparently (so i found out recently) that my mothers side of the family are sensitive too... aparently its hereditary..

i feel that we are never alone...
:lips: i have no signature:lips:
Bella_Boo

Post by Bella_Boo »

David Hill wrote: I don't I'm watching "Scariest Places on Earth" and it all seems setup lol I want to go into a "haunted" house myself to find out. whats your opinion? i love that show... yes some of it would be staged but there was an episode where they went illegally underground into the parisian catecombs... man that was a great episode...
theia

Post by theia »

BabyRider wrote: :-5 Geez, threads like this annoy the sh!t out of me.

Why is it so difficult for people to have even the slightest bit of imagination, the teeniest iota of belief in magical, unexplainable things? Are we so arrogant that we think, "We don't have all the answers right now, but we will someday. Everything will be explained in just the way we want it to be"? Who wants to have all of life's mysteries explained? What's left when there is no longer ANY magic to believe in? Just because it's something that's not understood, it must not exist. THAT'S bullshit.

People are totally incapable of saying, "It's unexplainable, I don't have an answer, anything is possible." It's a damn shame.

Well, David, if you want my response: It's unexplainable, I don't have an answer, but anything is possible.

Couldn't agree more BR. We have somehow lost our sense of awe, wonder and mystery...how deadening to believe that everything can be explained, in our terms. But how enlivening and inspiring it is to realise that it can't be explained and that we know and understand very little about anything...
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bella_Boo

Post by Bella_Boo »

theia wrote: But how enlivening and inspiring it is to realise that it can't be explained and that we know and understand very little about anything...

i think its humbling that we dont have answers to everything... imagine how boring life would be without experiences like these....
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Most definitely I'm a believer. I've had a few encounters myself. I know there are spirits because humans exist. I have no doubt at all. I don't always buy the scary stuff on tv, but in reality, spirits exist.
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society-com

is the place for ya too check out.log into the 18+ forums for fun.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Thanks, I'll check that out. :)
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

When I was a junior in High School, one of the girls in band was murdered. Her father got laid off, shot his wife and daughter in the house, then went out, sat in his car and shot himself in the head. This all happened across the street from the High School and we all saw the ambulances and police cars.

Anyway.

The best friend of the guy that I was dating at the time was engaged to the daughter.

When I was a senior in high school, I broke up with the above guy and went out a couple of times with his best friend.

One night, we were sitting on the floor in his living room, enjoying some conversation in front of a fire, when the dog suddenly woke up and looked at the front door. There was a hint of perfume in the air and that hint seemed to walk from the front door through the roomand into the kitchen. The dog followed the scent with his head.

I asked the young man about it and he told me that she often came to visit, coming in the front door and going up to his bedroom.

YES! I believe in ghosts.
Sandi

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Oooo!! Chills on that one!! :D
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Yes I believe in ghosts. My parents house is haunted by this woman who wears a strong floral perfume. I would come out of my bedroom and be hit with this overpowering perfume daily.

Also a few days after my grandmother passed away, I was awaken in middle of night and at the foot of my bed stood my grandmother. At first it scared me, but then I just felt a peaceful feeling and fell back asleep. I didn't get to say goodbye when she passed away, so I think she was letting me know that she was ok now.

Sheryl
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son

Return to “Paranormal Science”