Termite Kitty

Discussion and advice relating to your pet's nutritional needs.
Accountable

Termite Kitty

Post by Accountable »

Why does my cat eat paper? She loves tissue especially. Kleenex, napkins, packing tissue, you name it. I have to say, she's very dainty about it and never gets greedy.
nvalleyvee

Termite Kitty

Post by nvalleyvee »

That's a new one on me AC - maybe she's just a unique as her owner..............:-3
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Accountable

Termite Kitty

Post by Accountable »

Could be :D . She's my first cat, but I've never seen any of my friends' cats lay on their backs all the time like she does. :-2
valerie

Termite Kitty

Post by valerie »

How old is the kitty and what do you feed her? (BESIDES tissue ;) )

She may not be getting enough of something nutritionally or it could

just be a little kitty thing... they don't know what really not to eat if

they're small... and their playfulness gets the better of them sometimes.

If you can keep that kind of thing out of her reach it would probably be

good, 'cause there is a possibility of digestive upset!!

(As for the laying on the back thing, some kitties do it. I know of one in

particular, but she doesn't eat tissue!!)

:)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

valerie

Termite Kitty

Post by valerie »

Another thing I should mention... kitty could have a strong play drive...

(don't worry it's a sign of intelligence... perhaps she takes after daddy? :p )

and you could/should substitute her own toys instead of the other stuff,

and have play sessions with her. Kitty fishing, anyone?
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

chonsigirl

Termite Kitty

Post by chonsigirl »

Just like with a toddler, put those things away from kitties reach. Tissue paper won't hurt her, but if she eats things like ribbons off of packages, that is bad for the tummy.
chonsigirl

Termite Kitty

Post by chonsigirl »

*yikes*

The dreaded spitball.....................

Glad it's winter break and not school...............................:wah:
Accountable

Termite Kitty

Post by Accountable »

Shima's just over a year old, and plays constantly! Often she'll come near one of us and roll on her back (feigning injury?) until one of us notices her, then she's off like a shot! Anything small enough to slap around is fair game: ping pong ball, my favorite pen :mad: , beer bottle cap, Mommie's hair clip :mad: , christmas ornaments, etc. I bought a kid's fishing kit with the rubber fish to practice casting. She loves to chase it. Occassionally she'll attack it, but ususally just stops when it stops.

We feed her dry Whiskas 4 times a day, total about 1 1/2 - 2 cups (she's 6lbs). She's never pushy about food. She also drinks a little milk when I get my cereal. :o She only eats the tissue at night (edges only) and only if we neglect to put things away. We can't keep TP on the dispenser, but that's just because it's fun for her to unroll (she only eats a bit on the end.
chonsigirl

Termite Kitty

Post by chonsigirl »

Christmas ornaments are fair game to kitties. Close the bathroom door to keep the TP safe. Kitties are playful, she is not being bad. But you have to kitty proof a house just like with kids. My very special things are not out, after all these years, because I always have a kitty. He got every ornament off the tree almost daily, and broke one. But he is very gentle and kind to my husband, because he knows he is sick. He jumps around with the rest of us!
chonsigirl

Termite Kitty

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I like the black kitty AV, Snooze!

My kitty likes his Christmas present, a catnip mousie that squeeks when he gets it. Him and that mouse are all over the place!
chonsigirl

Termite Kitty

Post by chonsigirl »

Hypnotize the kitty....................

Loaded on the stuff....................

Bez

Termite Kitty

Post by Bez »

Accountable wrote: Could be :D . She's my first cat, but I've never seen any of my friends' cats lay on their backs all the time like she does. :-2

It sounds like she's gone into 'submissive mode' or just wants her tummy tickled...hope you're obliging.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
minks

Termite Kitty

Post by minks »

SnoozeControl wrote: All the cats I've ever known have loved catnip... what a crackup watching them get all goofy with the stuff.:-4

I have a dud, mine is fat and lazy, sorry to confess this one, but.... some young adults (1 male in particular) that frequent my house were sitting at the table once and had some "weed" in his pants pocket. Seems my kitty was most interested and plucked it out of said pocket and nibbled a bit before we caught kitty. Needless to say kitty was quite docile and pleasing, no yeowlls. Sad thing he hasn't stopped eating since (bad case of munchies)

When said young man comes over kitty is all amour for him

What a goof.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Termite Kitty

Post by Betty Boop »

minks wrote: I have a dud, mine is fat and lazy, sorry to confess this one, but.... some young adults (1 male in particular) that frequent my house were sitting at the table once and had some "weed" in his pants pocket. Seems my kitty was most interested and plucked it out of said pocket and nibbled a bit before we caught kitty. Needless to say kitty was quite docile and pleasing, no yeowlls. Sad thing he hasn't stopped eating since (bad case of munchies)

What a goof.

...:yh_rotfl
minks

Termite Kitty

Post by minks »

Betty Boop wrote: ...:yh_rotfl

yes my kitty is addicted.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Accountable

Termite Kitty

Post by Accountable »

Bez wrote: It sounds like she's gone into 'submissive mode' or just wants her tummy tickled...hope you're obliging.Of course! She knows not to come within arm's reach of me unless she wants me to pick her up or play. :wah:
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

minks wrote: I have a dud, mine is fat and lazy, sorry to confess this one, but.... some young adults (1 male in particular) that frequent my house were sitting at the table once and had some "weed" in his pants pocket. Seems my kitty was most interested and plucked it out of said pocket and nibbled a bit before we caught kitty. Needless to say kitty was quite docile and pleasing, no yeowlls. Sad thing he hasn't stopped eating since (bad case of munchies)

What a goof.

I can understand that. Dogs are exactly the same.
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

Accountable wrote: Could be :D . She's my first cat, but I've never seen any of my friends' cats lay on their backs all the time like she does. :-2

I've known loads of cats to do just that. It shows that they feel safe. The trick is to get them to let you rub their tummy like that until your ***** is purring.:-6
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

OpenMind wrote: I've known loads of cats to do just that. It shows that they feel safe. The trick is to get them to let you rub their tummy like that until your ***** is purring.:-6

I cannot understand why ***** was edited.:thinking:
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

I give up. I can't get my ID to show on here.

I'm 50 years old and I cannot understand why a ***** is censorable.
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

It seems that this forum is designed in such a way that images can only be displayed if they are from websites and not from my computer. This is essentially a copyright infringement (irrespective of where I got my images from).
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

flopstock wrote: type it with a space between each letter...

i t.

Why 'it'?
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

flopstock wrote: lol!!!

type the word being blocked with a space between the letters or a period..

Ah, madamoiselle. Maintenante je comprend. Le mot est 'p u s s y'. Chat en Francais.
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

flopstock wrote: look up american slang...'female genitalia'

personally, i don't get it... the 2 don't look anything alike to me...but maybe it's all in the angle from which you look at them...:thinking:

I am aware of the slang term. I guess the simile is in the fact that they both only like being stroked by people they are particular about.:sneaky:
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

flopstock wrote: I have serious doubts about that...and i want points awarded for not going any further with that on this site...:D :sneaky:

My neighbours don't realise it yet, but their deaf ***** has often sought my attentions when I arrive home from work and has allowed me to rub it's t*mmy. Lovely white and fluffy it is.
Accountable

Termite Kitty

Post by Accountable »

You two should get a room .... or a cable TV show. :wah:

Here's the cat. Before & after, for those that remember my low-maintenance dog post. And Shima sleeping.
chonsigirl

Termite Kitty

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, your kitty is so cute AC! Paper eater and all, she looks like such a nice kitty!

*and you too*
OpenMind

Termite Kitty

Post by OpenMind »

There's nought wrong with that there tigger.:D

Return to “Your Pet's Diet”