Back on track

robinseggs

Back on track

Post by robinseggs »

Well I did it. Got back to the gym. And BEFORE the end of the year! I actually had gotten lazy and hadn't been since September and felt really guilty. It really felt good to get back. I want to stay consistent. Does anybody have any tricks to stay motivated? I hate all that "New Year resolution" stuff, so that s why I made it a point to go today--day before Xmas Eve.
Nature laughs Last
SOJOURNER

Back on track

Post by SOJOURNER »

Every Sunday evening, make a commitment for the following week. This way it will always be fresh in your mind and you are always just beginning.
actionfigurestepho

Back on track

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I like that every Sunday evening thing, Sojourner.

What about making little blanket goals for the week, instead of one big goal like "lose 10 pounds"? Then you can evaluate your progress and adjust. Think more along the lines of "drink one fewer soda a day" and "replace elevators with stairs."

Personally, I do well when I can SEE my progress. I like to make charts. If I can't see something I tend to stick it to the back of my mind. I love the satisfaction of putting a check mark by that day in the calendar!
BabyRider

Back on track

Post by BabyRider »

Make a journal. Whenever you blow off the gym, you have to write an entry about WHY you blew it off. "Couldn't make the time," or maybe, "Feeling lazy today" or other things and then what you will do to combat that excuse next time. Make it a fairly long entry. That way, having to write it down will help you eliminate the excuses you make, not to mention, it's damn annoying to write a journal about why you're NOT going to the gym.

Also, set rewards for yourself. For each time you hit the gym consistently for, say 3 days straight, you get a treat of some kind. Not food, (food is never a good reward) but maybe that bottle of expensive body lotion you love but hate to spend the money on, things like that.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”