Need advice on marketing art prints

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
Eggar Fan

Post by Eggar Fan »

I would really appreciate some advice. I have a friend who is going through very tough times right now. She's had to quit full-time work in order to be the primary caregiver for her aging parents. Her life is completely on hold, and they are really struggling as a family financially. In desperation to work from home, she invested what little savings she had left in making and producing small framed, matted prints of her father's original artwork. (He was an award-winning landscape artist.) As the days go by, things get more and more desperate for them, and I am at a loss as to how to advise her to market all this artwork. She's tried eBay, and has a small Yahoo site (one of the free ones), but doesn't have the time to take her work to festivals, etc. A few gift shops and interior decorators have placed orders sporadically, but she needs MUCH more exposure to make this work as a source of income for she and her family. Any artists or decorators out there have any advice you could share? It would sure be a BIG help to a family in need!!!

:confused:

Thank you so much for taking the time to help!:o
Eggar Fan

Post by Eggar Fan »

" ...some restaurants and other businesses are willing to display art, but I'd assume they get a cut of the profits. Even setting up a corner display on a Saturday (with a permit) should get more business..."

Thanks for the suggestions! When you say to set up a corner display, do you mean in restaurants and gift shops, or do you mean get a permit and set up on a busy street corner in the business district?

Since her folks are under the weather right now, I may try to do this for her myself one weekend. Either that or take over her caregiving duties so she could go...whichever option she'd prefer.

Thanks again for taking time to help!

:-6

Here's a link to one of her Yahoo sites if you'd like to see what kind of work she has:

ADVERTISING DELETED

Return to “Arts Crafts”