Has anyone cracked/broken a rib?

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

when Bothwell was here recently he cracked two ribs. (while fishing!) he thought it was torn cartilage which is painful as well. i'll send this to him to answer, but he leaves for Oz tomorrow night, he may not get a chance. he did go for some heat therapy, but it has healed on it's own. it takes time. don't ignore what you think could be something else, your ER is open.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

SnoozeControl wrote: This is the second time in a year the ribs on my right side hurt, but today at work, I was wrestling with a chair and felt/heard a distinct pop with a LOT of pain. I'm seriously overdosing on motrin, but I was wondering if it might be an internal organ that's swelling and trying to force its way through my ribcage. Okay, I'm slightly exaggerating, but this hurts like a son of a gun and I know doctors can't do anything for hurt ribs but tape them up. What do gallbladder problems feel like? Is my liver going to explode? I don't like going to the doctor and tomorrow's a holiday.:(

If it starts to hurt worse or you're breathing gets painful do as LC said - go to the ER.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Don't try to figure it out just get to the ER... better safe than sorry.. Gallbladder is on the right side under your breast... it usually builds and it brought on most time by eating fatty foods.. ice cream, peanut butter and the like.. the pain will radiate around and in your back. If it's gallbladder or even a cracked rib you need to see a doctor.. pronto tonto..:-2
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i am hoping this will help snooze......www.hypochondriacsanonymous.com.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Don't feel bad Snooze I clicked on it also...:-2 I still think you should get to the ER.....!!;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

SnoozeControl wrote: Then I'd have to expose my chubby middle-aged torso under fluorescent lights! And they'd probably find some reason to stick a finger up my Pooh-hole. I had a nasty case of exzema, went to a doctor and she said it might be a yeast infection so I ended up getting a pap smear. It didn't cure my leg rash, let me assure you.

Thanks for the suggestion, though... I appreciate it.

Well Snooze you were having a problem with your Pooh-poo........maybe since you changed that last Av.(had no poo-hole) you will feel better.......call your urgent care and try to get appointment with them........have you had a BM yet?:thinking:
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

flopstock wrote: ummm lc care to share with us what that lad was fishing for?:Dbig game :yh_rotfl

Attached files
valerie

Post by valerie »

Well, I once had a date to go out on a big sailboat with a guy and he

cracked a couple ribs the night before and... well... let's just say he

winced some but we had a WONDERFUL time!!!

:yh_battin :yh_dance :yh_wink :yh_giggle
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

SnoozeControl wrote: What is that! It looks like the facehugger thingie from Alien.it's the beginnings of crab newburg. :wah: only Bothwell managed to find a large rock to fall on right after battling this creature from the deep abyss. ......and Valerie, i am telling Paul. ;)
valerie

Post by valerie »

WAAAAAY before his time. And he knows I used to go out on the comapny

sailboat all the time. Just, AHEM maybe not all the fine details...

;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

So.........? Whats the update on your ribs?

We are hanging on for your update.

:sneaky:
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

booradley

Post by booradley »

SnoozeControl wrote: Still hurts like a mofo... I'm going to have some Crown Royal today, maybe that'll help. ;)

Thanks for the advice Far, I tried it and it hurt both times. However, if I carefully sleep on the hurt side, the pressure seems to make it feel better.
while they can't put your ribs in a cast, hospital staff can bind them sooo tight it helps them to heal and they can give you prescription only medicine that will help you through the worst of it. You pay your insurance, go to the emergency room.

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”