Ulster

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Ulster

Post by spot »

Pitiful backward-looking intransigence. What you'd expect.
Stormont Assembly will be recalled from the Easter recess on Thursday to debate a motion of censure against Sinn Féin.

The SDLP put forward the recall petition after it was announced there would be no prosecutions in relation to the funeral of Bobby Storey.

The funeral last June attracted 2,000 mourners, including Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56586564

How to react in the middle of a pandemic, to complain that the other party gathered a crowd? Gather another crowd so people can watch you complain.

If I never hear of Unionism again it will be too soon. My vote is entirely for re-uniting Ireland, if anyone's counting.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Re: Ulster

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:12 am Pitiful backward-looking intransigence. What you'd expect.
Stormont Assembly will be recalled from the Easter recess on Thursday to debate a motion of censure against Sinn Féin.

The SDLP put forward the recall petition after it was announced there would be no prosecutions in relation to the funeral of Bobby Storey.

The funeral last June attracted 2,000 mourners, including Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56586564

How to react in the middle of a pandemic, to complain that the other party gathered a crowd? Gather another crowd so people can watch you complain.

If I never hear of Unionism again it will be too soon. My vote is entirely for re-uniting Ireland, if anyone's counting.
I really hate to point this out but the SDLP are a Republican Party, not Loyalist.
spot

Post by spot »

They should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves then.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Looks like the youngins are at it again. Who's encouraging that?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

magentaflame wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:48 pm Looks like the youngins are at it again. Who's encouraging that?
The Loyalists - they don’t like the new border in the Irish Sea. The fact that this has been raised as an issue since the start of the Brexit process is conveniently being ignored.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Hhhhhmmmmmmm.
In March, a group which includes representatives of loyalist paramilitaries wrote to Boris Johnson to withdraw its support for the Good Friday Agreement, the 1998 deal that effectively ended the Troubles.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-56664378
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

What's needed is a binding reunification vote across the whole island..
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:28 am What's needed is a binding reunification vote across the whole island..
Are you trying to restart the Troubles?
spot

Post by spot »

Not at all. The problem is that no sane country would want Ulster if it involves integrating the Orange community as citizens. I'd vote for Irish reunification if I were invited to. I expect most voters in Northern Ireland would as well. My doubt is that Ireland would be quite to daft if asked.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

You would need the rest of Great Britain to agree to that first.....then the Commonwealth. You make sure everyone else agrees and supports it before the orange people can stand a chance at anything they may have in their little brains.
spot

Post by spot »

I'm not sure why the vote should extend beyond The British Isles, but I do think everyone there should get a say.

The Welsh have a Principality, Ulster is a Province, Ireland is a Republic, Scotland and England are both Kingdoms. The Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey are each self-governing British Crown dependencies. Taken together, the first six make up The British Isles.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I didn't say vote. Just agreement

Return to “Current Political Events”