Hello all

Talk about the debates as they progress and after they conclude.
dichecoth

Hello all

Post by dichecoth »

Hello all,this my first post about my garden.
gmc

Hello all

Post by gmc »

Hello.
LarsMac

Hello all

Post by LarsMac »

You wish to discuss your garden according to Westcliff Rules?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

Hello all

Post by magentaflame »

Leave it to me Lars, i can argue anything!

The merit and value of planting brussel sprouts in your garden when nobody actually eats them could have world wide connotations.

Lol

Welcome dichecoth :)....... any relation to Brutus?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Raphael

Hello all

Post by Raphael »

dichecoth;1502025 wrote: Hello all,this my first post about my garden.

Might your next be about your first garden with a post ?
Raphael

Hello all

Post by Raphael »

And what musical accompaniment do you propose for your last post ?
Raphael

Hello all

Post by Raphael »

Those last two posts are very funny .

Must check out the guy . Probably a passing celeb .
spot

Hello all

Post by spot »

You're all quite unkind to our ephemeral visitor. He was posting in late October, his garden was deep-frozen and totally dead by then. The early winter to be expected in Zhovti Vody, an insignificant rural outpost of the Dnipropetrovska oblast, would chill the nuts off a brass monkey. His English is a lot better than my Ukrainian, I take my hat off to him for making the effort to be social.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Hello all

Post by LarsMac »

Well surely they've had a Spring or two since his post was, well,..., posted.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Hello all

Post by spot »

I'm sure they have, yes. I'm still glad I never lived in mainland Europe though, it's an uncertain life.

The OP, dichecoth, lives a couple of hours' walk from where the glorious Polish Confederation began its collapse into subjugation after several hundred years' ascendancy in Eastern Europe. The area has never recovered. Entire communities were uprooted and in some cases destroyed, the national borders shifted east and west each time one war ended, until the next one swung them again. It was rare after the 17th Century for the Polish national government to be independent again. Given what the Poles are doing with it now I'm not sure their independence has been that good an idea, but that's a different matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmelnytsky_Uprising if you'd like to reflect on the transience of order.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raphael

Hello all

Post by Raphael »

I wonder if he was one of those bleeding heart Ukeys who were deputed to get into English speaking forums and tell the Gullibles how nasty the Russians are and how wonderful Joe Biden and his drugs addled son were after the US pushed for total regime change in 2014 ?
spot

Hello all

Post by spot »

Raphael;1527578 wrote: I wonder if he was one of those bleeding heart Ukeys who were deputed to get into English speaking forums and tell the Gullibles how nasty the Russians are and how wonderful Joe Biden and his drugs addled son were after the US pushed for total regime change in 2014 ?

Quite evidently no, since what you see is all we got.

We have had quite a few Ukrainians, none of whom have voiced any political opinion. A small minority have attempted to smuggle spam onto the site, the majority have been interesting. One was even religious. Oh, and one spent half his time in Jerusalem and didn't like Arabs.
Raphael

Hello all

Post by Raphael »

That was disappointing for you .

Clearly you need to build active membership and traffic .

According to Hillary et al there are any number of potential trolls waiting to influence anything they feel needs influencing . With elections an apparent speciality .

Most Russians and Ukrainians --- and I have met thousands ---- are only interested in making some decent money and will say anything to anybody if it earns .
spot

Hello all

Post by spot »

Raphael;1527600 wrote: That was disappointing for you .

Clearly you need to build active membership and traffic .

Perhaps you misunderstand the nature of the site. Excluding spiders, the traffic comes 95% from Google-searching real people who arrive at our pages because Google matched their search term to a thread. New posts are a by-product of keeping the login system active. The word "need" has no place in your observation.

Most Russians and Ukrainians --- and I have met thousands ---- are only interested in making some decent money and will say anything to anybody if it earns .и коза волка съедала.

Occasionally I hire a temporary implementor. I have never had trust issues with online Russian technicians, their skill and command of English of has always pleased me. They always work on simple temporary development clones that have never held live data, and comparing before-and-after copies when they hand their work back highlights all the changes. I would have trouble employing local contractors with the same degree of confidence. It costs $6 a month at DigitalOcean to set up a clean new workspace for each of them, the world is an amazing place.

Return to “Discuss”