A new experience

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

A new experience

Post by Bruv »

I am at this moment in Wembley spending a night at a hotel due to an early start tomorrow attending my wife's grandson at auditions for.........X Factor.

They don't give any timetable, just say 8.30 till late. As we were booking in, just across the street to the Arena there was a queue snaking for about 100 yards in a double loop at about 8.50 pm.

So tomorrow will be a long long day.

The irony is I am not a fan of the bloody programme, it is one of the few times the TV remote is out of my control and we have to watch it when the wife knows it's on, and that is when I slip up by letting her know it's on.

It is an entertainment, not a talent show, carefully blending a few good amateurs with some (what I call....cruelly) care in the community cases. It is manipulative,trite, cruel, formulaic, repetitive...........entertainment for the gullible.

It will be an experience, whether it will be enjoyable or not I don't know.

I shall update later.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

A new experience

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1520095 wrote: I am at this moment in Wembley spending a night at a hotel due to an early start tomorrow attending my wife's grandson at auditions for.........X Factor.

They don't give any timetable, just say 8.30 till late. As we were booking in, just across the street to the Arena there was a queue snaking for about 100 yards in a double loop at about 8.50 pm.

The irony is I am not a fan of the bloody programme, it is one of the few times the TV remote is out of my control and we have to watch it when the wife knows it's on, and that is when I slip up by letting her know it's on.

It is an entertainment, not a talent show, carefully blending a few good amateurs with some (what I call....cruelly) care in the community cases. It is manipulative,trite, cruel, formulaic, repetitive...........entertainment for the gullible.

I shall update later.

I think I ran across that the other day while channel surfing.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Clodhopper

A new experience

Post by Clodhopper »

chuckle. Oh, the sense of foreboding in your post! I look forward to the report. Hope your missus at least enjoys it.

(I think I may have watched about 10 mins of it once and came to the same conclusion you did)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
magentaflame

A new experience

Post by magentaflame »

Bruv;1520095 wrote: I am at this moment in Wembley spending a night at a hotel due to an early start tomorrow attending my wife's grandson at auditions for.........X Factor.

I shall update later.

yeah yeah ...but if he gets up we'll know ALL about it ..lol lol lol ...good luck to him.

Actually edited .....how many of us get stage fright in frontt of twenty people? ...**** it ....he's got balls .....GO BRUVS WIFES GRANDSON!!!!!!

I realise what it's all about but hell he's got balls !!!!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
AnneBoleyn

A new experience

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Lots of Luck!!!!!
Bruv

A new experience

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1520115 wrote: Lots of Luck!!!!!

There isn't much to say........but I will try anyway.

Drove along the M20, M25 and the North Circular, some of the worst roads in the UK, on the hottest day of the year, 5 of us, me and my wife, known as Gogo, Deon the prospective super star, his mother and his sister.

Deon's half brother joining us later by train with his girlfriend......they were involved in a tube fire....not sure where.

So we all booked in 4 rooms just opposite the venue, to save the old women's legs. Settled down then foraged the area for some food.

At 8.30 am were in the queue as we were told, joined by another relative bringing Team Deon tee shirts for all

Five more were due to travel this morning from the same place to arrive in time for the days events.

We waited a while, then concerned as family of a performer we might not need to queue with the hoi poloi, so Deon set off to find out, while somebody went off to get supplies for the day, sandwiches and drinks.

We waited about 20 minutes before in the distance Deon reappeared walking toward us with a man.

As they got to the group my wife and I were beckoned to join them, so we followed, thinking we were being fast tracked to comfortable seating in the air con interior of the venue.

Liam who had interviewed the wife over the phone, part of the programme's formula is getting family interest, a character to enthuse or perhaps cry......and my missus is first class at enthusing ululating in traditional African style.

He greeted her like a long lost cousin, calling her Gogo (Shona for Grandmother)

He then explained that yesterday the show over ran, and Simon wanted to go home to see his kid, so they had rescheduled 10 acts from yesterday to today, he was verrrry sorry (he was a Scot) but Deon wouldn't be needed today.

He might be called later, as in next auditions, or he may not, it was out of his hands.

If he didn't get called.....try again next year.

Those on the road were stopped and turned around.

So several of us took time off work, travelled from 3.00 ish yesterday spent money on hotel accommodation, tee shirts, travel and parking travelling back today arriving at 3.00 ish today.

All at the whim of Mr Simon Cowell and the machinery of The X Factor.
LarsMac

A new experience

Post by LarsMac »

Owww.

Sorry you had to go through all that.

"Maybe nest year" Damn.

Hope Deon doesn't lose heart over that.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
magentaflame

A new experience

Post by magentaflame »

Bugger!!!!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

A new experience

Post by Clodhopper »

Oh Lordy. :(

Perhaps you should see about borrowing spot's cottage for a few days and all chill out. Dunno if that's practical.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Bruv

A new experience

Post by Bruv »

And as we drove away, bitterly disappointed with being let down, me thinking about the carrier bag full of sandwiches and drinks plus the parking fee, and the hotel bill......all for one night out for 7 people, all for nothing, Deon said..................."If they phone me to come back as we get home, would we ALL turn around and go back wouldn't we ?"

And the answer was a unanimous "Oh yes"......annoyingly.

Simon Cowell multi millionaire has sold a generation the dream of X Factor instant fame, and they bought it hook line and sinker......bar-steward.
magentaflame

A new experience

Post by magentaflame »

I hope Deon doesn't feel all the disappointment is put on his shoulders. Maybe send him up by himself next time?
Bruv

A new experience

Post by Bruv »

magentaflame;1520189 wrote: I hope Deon doesn't feel all the disappointment is put on his shoulders. Maybe send him up by himself next time?

He is a sensible lad, luckily.

We have spoken about the way it works, he actually went alone and unannounced first time around, the cattle show type auditions, how everybody was herded through the system with brief 'Yes' 'No' or 'Not this time' after auditioning face to face in a booth with a so called judge.

He wasn't called back that time.

This time came out of the blue, a strange phone call asked him to go to a studio for an audition, days later Liam called to say he had been recommended for this round.

Liam phoned and wanted video of the family, spoke to my wife on the phone.....for back ground. Dead father, ethnic character grand mother......everything they need for the show.

He hadn't sought this, we all thought it was a dead cert.

Trouble is 'They' wield great power over peoples dreams,'they' know when they say jump people ask how high.

Return to “General Chit Chat”