Humboldt Broncos

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
minks

Humboldt Broncos

Post by minks »

Maybe you never heard of them. But over these past few days our news here has been overflowing with this very very tragic story.

I am not attaching this link for the purpose of asking for money, I am attaching this link to show just how amazing humans can be.

Friday night over half of the Bronco's Jr Hockey Team died in a horrific bus crash.

Young men ranging from ages 16-21 gone just like that gone. The bus driver died, as did the coach, and 2 support staff. 4 players remain in hospital in critical condition, 4 remain in hospital in serious, and 4 in a less critical state. I believe as of today 2 have been released from hospital

One of the survivors is paralyzed from the neck down.

The point I am making here is just how absolutely amazing humans are, pulling together like they have to raise funds in support of this tragedy.

The world is not yet full of bad people, there are still some amazing, kind and good people.

https://ca.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
YZGI

Humboldt Broncos

Post by YZGI »

We need a like button.

Good post
minks

Humboldt Broncos

Post by minks »

thanks Y's.

Our news is filled with this story. The outpouring of support from all over the world is blowing us away.

These were Canada's prodigal son's. Though my friends and family do not know any of them personally, we do know jr hockey so very well it's in Canadian Blood.

― Mae West
YZGI

Humboldt Broncos

Post by YZGI »

Hockey is big here also. I have a cousin who played as a pro for awhile and is now the Junior hockey coach here. They won nationals last year. He has two sons on the team this year, so I know what you mean by hitting close
minks

Humboldt Broncos

Post by minks »

it's a unique community that's for sure.

― Mae West
minks

Humboldt Broncos

Post by minks »

this link is just what 1 car dealership here in Calgary has done, the pics and video blow me away

https://globalnews.ca/news/4136435/humb ... p-donates/

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Humboldt Broncos

Post by Bryn Mawr »

They reported it quite heavily over here, it sounds terrible and everyone I've spoken to about it was shocked and saddened.
LarsMac

Humboldt Broncos

Post by LarsMac »

The saddest story we heard was about the cross-up,in ID of two of the boys.

A friend of mine once lived through such a mix up. They were told their daughter was at the hospital, but when they arrived it was the other girl.

The pain of such a thing for both families is very hard on top of the whole event.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Sports”