John Pilger Interview on RT

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

A comprehensive explanation of how and why Trump won.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I doubt that I will find much to disagree with mr Pilger on here, but I don't have the energy and time to invest in sitting through that rather tedious discussion.

I would be happy to read a transcript, if you can find it.

I was having a similar discussion recently with some of my liberal cohorts who want to place all the blame square on the shoulders of those who voted for him.

Ell those people who could not see Trump coming, and could not believe that he was going to get elected were simply not paying attention. As far as whether Trump will make life easier for people in the flashpoint regions of the world, I think I can answer that question, as well. We will NOT be bringing a lot of troops home soon, or for long.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1505807 wrote: I would be happy to read a transcript, if you can find it.
There's a competent summary at British Filmmaker Excoriates U.S. “Journalists” for Being “Echo-Chambers” – The Post & Email
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1505822 wrote: There's a competent summary at British Filmmaker Excoriates U.S. “Journalists” for Being “Echo-Chambers” – The Post & Email

Holy Mushrooms, Batman!!

I am quickly arriving at the conclusion that I must have recently suffered a severe flashback from from one of the LSD trips I took in my youth and have fallen down some sort of rabbit hole from which there may be no escape.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I suppose we won't have the privilege to understand what that means? Would you care to quote what you disagree with and explain to us why, or shall we be left to wallow about in our ignorance while you alone occupy the high ground of enlightenment?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1505843 wrote: I suppose we won't have the privilege to understand what that means? Would you care to quote what you disagree with and explain to us why, or shall we be left to wallow about in our ignorance while you alone occupy the high ground of enlightenment?

You probably did not read my earlier post. I did not say that I disagree with Mr Pilger. I stated that I am unwilling to sit through that entire conversation, and would actually prefer to read a transcript than wade through that conversation.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

Interesting. It's like when you look back at the causes of ww1 it was insane none of it needed to happen and none of the wars going on now needed to have happened.

Actually I begin to have some understanding of why people voted for trump rather than clinton but I still think trump will be a disaster not least because i suspect he thinks he can do what he wants
spot

Post by spot »

gmc;1506130 wrote: I still think trump will be a disaster not least because i suspect he thinks he can do what he wants

I would not be at all surprised if you're right, but it's an internal matter for Americans to cope with. The rest of the world might now be able to climb out from under the monster.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1506132 wrote: I would not be at all surprised if you're right, but it's an internal matter for Americans to cope with. The rest of the world might now be able to climb out from under the monster.

Good luck with that.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”