The Jungle

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

France will begin dismantling the "Jungle" migrant camp in the port of Calais on Monday morning

Authorities say some 7,000 people live in the camp in squalid conditions. They will be offered placements in refugee centres across the country.

Are the French right ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

It's a farce brought about by the French. The Dublin Regulation rules that the country in which they are now, must determine the member state of the EU that is responsible for them to claim asylum. They must also establish that the asylum seeker is in danger should he/she return to their own country. Seekers can not claim asylum until they are in the country they wish to settle in. If they are already in a safe country, ie France, then it is the French responsibility to accept them as asylum seekers. They can not claim asylum in the UK until they actually land in the UK, there-fore, France has no business stating which country should take them.

They must also determine whether they entered the country legally or illegally. If invited by Merkel, with no borders and the migrants not possessing passports or paperwork, then it's a ludicrous farce.
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Is France right to break up the camp?

I think so.

Not sure about the part of storing children in the same location.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Momus;1502038 wrote: It's a farce brought about by the French. The Dublin Regulation rules that the country in which they are now, must determine the member state of the EU that is responsible for them to claim asylum. They must also establish that the asylum seeker is in danger should he/she return to their own country. Seekers can not claim asylum until they are in the country they wish to settle in. If they are already in a safe country, ie France, then it is the French responsibility to accept them as asylum seekers. They can not claim asylum in the UK until they actually land in the UK, there-fore, France has no business stating which country should take them.

They must also determine whether they entered the country legally or illegally. If invited by Merkel, with no borders and the migrants not possessing passports or paperwork, then it's a ludicrous farce.

Haven't a clue what you're on about with your rant. It has little, or nothing to do with the article, or Bruv's question.

Are you always so grumpy?
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

LarsMac;1502042 wrote: Are you always so grumpy?

Not so much grumpy as opinionated,with attitude.
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1502038 wrote: It's a farce brought about by the French. The Dublin Regulation rules that the country in which they are now, must determine the member state of the EU that is responsible for them to claim asylum. They must also establish that the asylum seeker is in danger should he/she return to their own country. Seekers can not claim asylum until they are in the country they wish to settle in. If they are already in a safe country, ie France, then it is the French responsibility to accept them as asylum seekers. They can not claim asylum in the UK until they actually land in the UK, there-fore, France has no business stating which country should take them.

Why is it all down to the French ?

To refresh your mind cop this PAGE HERE

The majority have traveled halfway across Europe through several 'safe' countries.
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502042 wrote: Haven't a clue what you're on about with your rant. It has little, or nothing to do with the article, or Bruv's question.

Are you always so grumpy?

Excellent. We have an expert on inter EU state law regarding asylum seekers. So, do tell, does the human rights act outweigh the Dublin regulation? Or do you feel that the recent reforms under The Common European Asylum System are likely to impact on both prior legislation? Or do you feel that the original legislation in 1999 was adequate? Further more, do you see the above legislation as a contradiction to the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees of 1951? Please enlighten me as right now, your post has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of which Bruv posted.
Patsy Warnick

The Jungle

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Will this action to really stop the problem - won't these people just go back to that location?

Here in the U.S. we've tried to relocate thousands of homeless - offer many centers & other choices for housing - and they go back to the cardboard shack - take over parks & many other public areas.

Is this action really a solution?

Patsy
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1502048 wrote: Excellent. We have an expert on inter EU state law regarding asylum seekers. So, do tell, does the human rights act outweigh the Dublin regulation? Or do you feel that the recent reforms under The Common European Asylum System are likely to impact on both prior legislation? Or do you feel that the original legislation in 1999 was adequate? Further more, do you see the above legislation as a contradiction to the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees of 1951? Please enlighten me as right now, your post has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of which Bruv posted.

See what I mean Lars ?
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Momus;1502048 wrote: Excellent. We have an expert on inter EU state law regarding asylum seekers. So, do tell, does the human rights act outweigh the Dublin regulation? Or do you feel that the recent reforms under The Common European Asylum System are likely to impact on both prior legislation? Or do you feel that the original legislation in 1999 was adequate? Further more, do you see the above legislation as a contradiction to the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees of 1951? Please enlighten me as right now, your post has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of which Bruv posted.

Well, I don't know what you're on about. The article reports that France is dealing with the current inhabitants of this "Jungle" as an internal problem. They are planning to relocate the people within France. Unless they officially apply for asylum, they are not "asylum seekers", but merely indigent tourists.

So, as long as those people remain in France, your rant is irrelevant to the discussion.

You guys screwed the whole thing up long before the Syria gummint started killing its own citizens.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1502044 wrote: Why is it all down to the French ?

To refresh your mind cop this PAGE HERE

The majority have traveled halfway across Europe through several 'safe' countries.

I agree wholeheartedly. They have passed through other safe countries but the problem comes when attempting to establish which was the first safe country that they arrived in. With no border controls, or paperwork, it's going to be difficult to establish that. The fact remains that under asylum regulations, they remain illegal immigrants because they can only claim asylum, once they have reached the country that they want to claim asylum in. Right now, they are in France, and so, it becomes, the responsibility of the French to establish which country they entered, and deport each one back to that first safe country.

It means, that they are France's responsibility until they can be deported. They can not dictate to other member states, that they take some, when there's no evidence that they came in through those countries that France is trying to palm them off to.

The Jungle is squalor and migrants should not be treated in this manner. It is France's duty to establish where they came in, so the migrants spend as little time as possible in the camp. They are not doing that and the result is, the numbers grow all the time, and migrants are forced to live in that squalor for unacceptable periods of time. It goes a long way to explain why migrants become so desperate to get out of there, they will risk their lives to cling to lorries, in order to get into the UK. The entire camp should have been monitored far closer, in order that, as they arrive, France acts quickly to establish entry point and remove them back to the country that they entered first. Due to indifference by France, they have allowed the numbers to grow.

If it was a case where France just could not determine point of entry, then they should at least house these migrants and give them some quality of life. Regarding children in the jungle, they should never have been left in the jungle where their lives would be in danger. Upon entering the jungle, if it was proven that a child had no family with them, then they should have been immediately removed and placed in a shelter with a safer environment.

France has created the problem by not acting sooner. They can not just insist other member states takes them now, because the numbers have got too big for them.

Demolishing the camp, i don't think is the answer.
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

So according to you the welcoming committees in Greece, Italy, Spain and the assisted transport across Europe, through the Balkans was a plot against the French ?

Or is it a failure of the European Union and Europe as a continent to deal with a humanitarian crisis ?
magentaflame

The Jungle

Post by magentaflame »

Patsy Warnick;1502049 wrote: Will this action to really stop the problem - won't these people just go back to that location?

Here in the U.S. we've tried to relocate thousands of homeless - offer many centers & other choices for housing - and they go back to the cardboard shack - take over parks & many other public areas.

Patsy

Relocating homeless????? Wow!

How do you "relocate" homeless. Thats a horrible misunderstanding of what homeless is. Since when did the US follow in Mao's ideology?

But of course Europe could always do what the Australian government did (oh and by the way, some of your leaders are seriosly thinking about it).... stick them all on islands under gunpoint and torture them.

Unfortunetly its a realistic option.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1502057 wrote: So according to you the welcoming committees in Greece, Italy, Spain and the assisted transport across Europe, through the Balkans was a plot against the French ?

Or is it a failure of the European Union and Europe as a continent to deal with a humanitarian crisis ?

For heavens sake, Who said anything about a plot. Show me, where i have said that. Is that your get out for being unable to come up with any sensible counter debate?

It's simple. If there are Syrians in the jungle, then they need to be identified as such and given asylum. Many in the jungle are not Syrian and should not be there.

EU migrant crisis: Many of Calais' Jungle occupants not refugees, says top UK immigration judge - Telegraph
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502052 wrote: Well, I don't know what you're on about. The article reports that France is dealing with the current inhabitants of this "Jungle" as an internal problem. They are planning to relocate the people within France. Unless they officially apply for asylum, they are not "asylum seekers", but merely indigent tourists.

So, as long as those people remain in France, your rant is irrelevant to the discussion.

You guys screwed the whole thing up long before the Syria gummint started killing its own citizens. You really are aggressive and rather goading. You seem to have a problem. You are insisting i rant. Is that meant to be some kind of put down.? I've read some of your posts. You seem to rant yourself at times. My rant is irrelevant? What exactly are you contributing here, other than acting like a petulant child?

However, you have given me the best laugh of the week. You think that unless they apply for asylum they are just indignant tourists? How utterly, utterly absurd. Your ignorance of the crisis is staggering. If a migrant does not apply for asylum in any member state of the EU, they are classified as illegal immigrants. Do you think ' tourists ' put truckers lives at risk every night of the week?

Calais migrants ambush tourists in cars in desperate attempt to get to Britain | Metro News

Calais migrants deadly ambushes hurl bricks at lorry drivers, claims haulage boss | World | News | Daily Express

France Deploys Army After Migrants Cause Car Crashes | The Daily Caller

Regardless. Don't you have a wall to build around Mexico ?
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

Patsy Warnick;1502049 wrote: Will this action to really stop the problem - won't these people just go back to that location?

Patsy
It appears that in the desperation to pick a fight, they've overlooked you young lady. That is a good question Patsy and you're right. They will go back to the same location and this is one of the major problems.

Would-be immigrants forced out of Calais 'Jungle' set up new camps, mayor admits - Telegraph
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Momus;1502062 wrote: You really are aggressive and rather goading. You seem to have a problem. You are insisting i rant. Is that meant to be some kind of put down.? I've read some of your posts. You seem to rant yourself at times. My rant is irrelevant? What exactly are you contributing here, other than acting like a petulant child?

However, you have given me the best laugh of the week. You think that unless they apply for asylum they are just indignant tourists? How utterly, utterly absurd. Your ignorance of the crisis is staggering. If a migrant does not apply for asylum in any member state of the EU, they are classified as illegal immigrants. Do you think ' tourists ' put truckers lives at risk every night of the week?

Calais migrants ambush tourists in cars in desperate attempt to get to Britain | Metro News

Calais migrants deadly ambushes hurl bricks at lorry drivers, claims haulage boss | World | News | Daily Express

France Deploys Army After Migrants Cause Car Crashes | The Daily Caller

Regardless. Don't you have a wall to build around Mexico ?

My, my.

I simply pointed out that whatever that little rant you produced in response to the OP had little to do with the Questions posed by the OP, and you're off and running.

Am happy that you at least got a laugh out of something. You always seem so grumpy.

Illegal immigrants? Well, then, do like we do, and give them jobs. If they're not working, they are tourists. If they have no financial resources, they're indigent. Seems pretty simple to me.

And, no, the wall waits for The Donald. If he gets elected, we will got to Canada and build one there.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502064 wrote: My, my.

I simply pointed out that whatever that little rant you produced in response to the OP had little to do with the Questions posed by the OP, and you're off and running.

Am happy that you at least got a laugh out of something. You always seem so grumpy.

Illegal immigrants? Well, then, do like we do, and give them jobs. If they're not working, they are tourists. If they have no financial resources, they're indigent. Seems pretty simple to me.

And, no, the wall waits for The Donald. If he gets elected, we will got to Canada and build one there.

Of course I'm grumpy and Bruv is Dopey.

It may appear a simple solution to you, but that only endorses just what a quagmire of red tape and laws, the EU has created. The result is a minefield of legislation that ensures nothing is simple ever again.
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Momus;1502065 wrote: Of course I'm grumpy and Bruv is Dopey.

It may appear a simple solution to you, but that only endorses just what a quagmire of red tape and laws, the EU has created. The result is a minefield of legislation that ensures nothing is simple ever again.

I always thought of Bruv more of a 'Doc'.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502066 wrote: I always thought of Bruv more of a 'Doc'.

Then you must be the extra who didn't make the final line up. ' Tetchy '
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

I reckon we should install Momus as world leader, he seems the only one that has complete understanding of everything........he will sort it all out for us feeble minded.

ALL those Non Syrians........when they are identified........what then ?

Send them home ? To where ?

They will ALL raise their hand and ask for asylum, due to religious, political, sex discrimination or wars in their own *cough* 'declared' country of origin. Can you and your team differentiate whether the man opposite you on the chair is from Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia or Eritrea, or if they have been subject to the problems they claim........without a long drawn out investigation ? Should you then keep them safe warm and fed during this investigation.......who will cover the cost ?
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1502068 wrote: I reckon we should install Momus as world leader, he seems the only one that has complete understanding of everything........he will sort it all out for us feeble minded.

ALL those Non Syrians........when they are identified........what then ?

Send them home ? To where ?

They will ALL raise their hand and ask for asylum, due to religious, political, sex discrimination or wars in their own *cough* 'declared' country of origin. Can you and your team differentiate whether the man opposite you on the chair is from Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia or Eritrea, or if they have been subject to the problems they claim........without a long drawn out investigation ? Should you then keep them safe warm and fed during this investigation.......who will cover the cost ?

Not an understanding dear man, rather more, research before hitting the keypad with unsubstantiated assumption. Tedious i know, but invariably, it saves one from looking a prize prick along with the agitator being left with nothing but inane comments that serve not man nor beast.

Identifying Syrian's looking for asylum. It's ironic that in the aftermath of an atrocity in Europe, governments can announce the nationality of the terrorist within days, even announce where he entered Europe. A formal testing of DNA and fingerprints as they arrive could go a long way. The language they speak tends to be a bit of clue also. Of course, skin colour helps. Syrians do not resemble Somalian's in tone. Regardless, genuine Syrian refugee's invariably claim asylum in Europe and do not head for the squalor of the jungle, passing through other safe countries to sit it out, just to risk their lives, clinging to trucks to get to the UK. Those that do are classed as economic migrants. Equally, genuine Syrian refugee's fleeing a war zone, desperate for shelter and safety, do not hurl rocks at British truckers or attack British holiday makers at the port, along with deliberately causing cars to crash and put innocent lives at risk.

Once identified as Syrian and i myself, would include Iraqi's in the band of genuine asylum seekers, they should be treated as such with dignity and be housed and helped as much as possible to integrate into Europe.

No, they will not all cough claim asylum. They will as soon as they get to the UK because that is where economic migrants head for, believing the standard of living and benefits outweigh those in France. The majority in the jungle make no attempt to claim asylum in France.

Do you realise, you do sound rather racist?

In fact, why not enlighten us with exactly what you think should be done with 7,000 plus migrants? After all, you posted the thread. You must have some opinion of where you would like them banished to.
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1502072 wrote: Not an understanding dear man, rather more, research before hitting the keypad with unsubstantiated assumption.......

How do you know I am a man ?

I draw your attention to such wording as.............."without a long drawn out investigation."

There are other regions in the world that have citizens fleeing with legal claims for asylum due to a myriad of reasons........more research required moosh ?

These legitimate asylum seekers are indistinguishable amongst a coach load of ex-Jungle residents.......and whether legitimate or not they are ALL human beings, and require treating with dignity and understanding.....................even the economic migrants.
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

I don't recall Bruv, or anyone else here wishing to banish those folks, anywhere.

Bruv simply asked if folks felt that France was right to break up this camp, and relocate the people elsewhere.

My only question is, how the government of France intends to keep them "relocated"

They are migrants, after all. I guess relocating them will get them away from the Tunnel entrance and possible prevent them from being able to stowaway on trucks and trains going into the Tunnel.

I was wondering who the property owner might be that allows so many people to camp on what I would presume to be relatively valuable property.

Perhaps the French will pursue that angle. All in all, it still seems a French problem at the moment.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502076 wrote: I don't recall Bruv, or anyone else here wishing to banish those folks, anywhere.

Bruv simply asked if folks felt that France was right to break up this camp, and relocate the people elsewhere.

My only question is, how the government of France intends to keep them "relocated"

They are migrants, after all. I guess relocating them will get them away from the Tunnel entrance and possible prevent them from being able to stowaway on trucks and trains going into the Tunnel.

I was wondering who the property owner might be that allows so many people to camp on what I would presume to be relatively valuable property.

Perhaps the French will pursue that angle. All in all, it still seems a French problem at the moment.

Are you two a double act? I've not seen anything come up from behind so rapidly since the UEFA final in 1999 against Bayern Munich.

That's an interesting question about the land owner of the camp. I shall look into that. Yes, that's interesting.
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1502075 wrote: How do you know I am a man ?

I draw your attention to such wording as.............."without a long drawn out investigation."

There are other regions in the world that have citizens fleeing with legal claims for asylum due to a myriad of reasons........more research required moosh ?

These legitimate asylum seekers are indistinguishable amongst a coach load of ex-Jungle residents.......and whether legitimate or not they are ALL human beings, and require treating with dignity and understanding.....................even the economic migrants.

Whilst hurling rocks at innocent truckers, deliberately causing cars to crash and targeting terrified holiday makers with children in their cars, those human beings you mean?

Moooosh
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1502079 wrote: Whilst hurling rocks at innocent truckers, deliberately causing cars to crash and targeting terrified holiday makers with children in their cars, those human beings you mean?

Moooosh

Yup those very same ones......If they break the law........you know where I am going don't you?
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1502081 wrote: Yup those very same ones......If they break the law........you know where I am going don't you?

The wonderful wizard of Oz ? Nania, via your mothers wardrobe? Honnah Lee to see Puff the magic dragon? No, i haven't a clue where you are going, although i will stab a guess at rehabilitation at some point.

So, pray tell oh unwise one, how exactly do the authorities deal with those who break the law when most have no paperwork, passport nor ID. ?
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1502082 wrote: The wonderful wizard of Oz ? Nania, via your mothers wardrobe? Honnah Lee to see Puff the magic dragon? No, i haven't a clue where you are going, although i will stab a guess at rehabilitation at some point.

So, pray tell oh unwise one, how exactly do the authorities deal with those who break the law when most have no paperwork, passport nor ID. ?

For a fellow with so many facts and imagination.......your none too bright are you ?

I will spell it out for you......deal with them with the full force of the law ?

Your turn.
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1502088 wrote: For a fellow with so many facts and imagination.......your none too bright are you ?

I will spell it out for you......deal with them with the full force of the law ?

Your turn.

You didn't have to spell it out to me. I just wanted to see you put it in writing. Although i am loathed to assume, i take it, by the full force of the law, you mean, arrest, prosecute, try in a court room by a jury of their peers, and imprisoned in a country not of their choosing for asylum. So, Inspector Jacques Clouseau, how exactly does that pan out when the apprehended has no ID, no paperwork, no passport and no one even knows, how old he/she is? Or are you suggesting we just throw them in prison?
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Momus;1502090 wrote: You didn't have to spell it out to me. I just wanted to see you put it in writing. Although i am loathed to assume, i take it, by the full force of the law, you mean, arrest, prosecute, try in a court room by a jury of their peers, and imprisoned in a country not of their choosing for asylum. So, Inspector Jacques Clouseau, how exactly does that pan out when the apprehended has no ID, no paperwork, no passport and no one even knows, how old he/she is? Or are you suggesting we just throw them in prison?

Since they are in France, "We" don't have to deal with them at all. I should expect that the French authorities have some method of dealing with undocumented folks who break the laws of the Republic of France. We, here in the good ol' US of A have a way to deal with criminals. May not be the best methodology in the world, but it's not the worst, either.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502092 wrote: Since they are in France, "We" don't have to deal with them at all. I should expect that the French authorities have some method of dealing with undocumented folks who break the laws of the Republic of France. We, here in the good ol' US of A have a way to deal with criminals. May not be the best methodology in the world, but it's not the worst, either.

A contradiction of terms. At time of arrest, the apprehended is not a criminal but the defendant. Here in England, we tend to not label or criminalise the apprehended until all evidence has been heard in a court of law, and they have been found guilty of the allegations. Us British like to follow that route rather than the Guantanamo Bay method which will no doubt, lend itself to one of America's most disturbing and shameful moments in history. Once legally and fairly convicted in a court of law, we British and even the French, also have a methodology of throwing them in prison. This is invariably followed by as many appeals as the convicted can muster, along with a million pound claim for compensation for breaching their human rights, along with costing the tax payer, millions.
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Momus;1502094 wrote: A contradiction of terms. At time of arrest, the apprehended is not a criminal but the defendant. Here in England, we tend to not label or criminalise the apprehended until all evidence has been heard in a court of law, and they have been found guilty of the allegations. Us British like to follow that route rather than the Guantanamo Bay method which will no doubt, lend itself to one of America's most disturbing and shameful moments in history. Once legally and fairly convicted in a court of law, we British and even the French, also have a methodology of throwing them in prison. This is invariably followed by as many appeals as the convicted can muster, along with a million pound claim for compensation for breaching their human rights, along with costing the tax payer, millions.

Well, OK. But again, these people are in France. So British or American justice system is irrelevant.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502095 wrote: Well, OK. But again, these people are in France. So British or American justice system is irrelevant.

Not quite. Until we are fully free of the European Union, much criminal law is dictated by the EU and for the immediate future we are still bound by those rulings.

Just out of interest, how do US citizens react to migrants being given work?

By the way, i did take a look as to your question regarding who owns the land on which the Jungle is situated. It appears much is unoccupied land and much is owned by farmers although that's not an exact prediction. There appears to be confusion regarding this issue.
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

It appears asking America to take it's share of Syrian's, is out of the question then. Good to see such love and tolerance in the USA. Must be the grits.

Syrian refugees not welcome in 31 U.S. states - CNN.com
FourPart

The Jungle

Post by FourPart »

France has a long history of flouting rules & regulations but expecting everybody else to abide by them when it suits them. This time they have, once again, tried to pass on the problem to the UK, but this time it's backfired on them. For once we've stood our ground & said 'Non'!

As has previously been mentioned, Syria is not an EU country, so Open Borders don't apply. If they are, as they claim, Asylum Seekers, then they should have claimed such status at the first free country they arrived at. Otherwise, with each border they pass through without going through official Passport Control, they are merely Illegal Immigrants & are eligible for deportation back to their country of origin.

It is laughable to believe that this is just a matter of freedom from persecution when the vast majority are making a beeline across other free countries for the UK.
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1502094 wrote: A contradiction of terms. At time of arrest, the apprehended is not a criminal but the defendant. Here in England, we tend to not label or criminalise the apprehended until all evidence has been heard in a court of law, and they have been found guilty of the allegations. Us British like to follow that route rather than the Guantanamo Bay method which will no doubt, lend itself to one of America's most disturbing and shameful moments in history. Once legally and fairly convicted in a court of law, we British and even the French, also have a methodology of throwing them in prison. This is invariably followed by as many appeals as the convicted can muster, along with a million pound claim for compensation for breaching their human rights, along with costing the tax payer, millions.

I have your measure, you are the character from the Monty Python argument sketch, Mr Contrary, you are the bloke that can't play chess but can stop your opponent from playing, you are the Harry Enfield "It's only me" character.....you are the weakest link........goodbye.
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

Bruv;1502101 wrote: I have your measure, you are the character from the Monty Python argument sketch, Mr Contrary, you are the bloke that can't play chess but can stop your opponent from playing, you are the Harry Enfield "It's only me" character.....you are the weakest link........goodbye.

Was it something i said ?
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

FourPart;1502099 wrote: France has a long history of flouting rules & regulations but expecting everybody else to abide by them when it suits them. This time they have, once again, tried to pass on the problem to the UK, but this time it's backfired on them. For once we've stood our ground & said 'Non'!

As has previously been mentioned, Syria is not an EU country, so Open Borders don't apply. If they are, as they claim, Asylum Seekers, then they should have claimed such status at the first free country they arrived at. Otherwise, with each border they pass through without going through official Passport Control, they are merely Illegal Immigrants & are eligible for deportation back to their country of origin.

It is laughable to believe that this is just a matter of freedom from persecution when the vast majority are making a beeline across other free countries for the UK.

It is a shambles. I entirely agree. There were those who predicted this chaos should we opt for open borders decades ago. Better organisation as migrants come through each member state would have stopped many even reaching France. Merkel's policy to allow 1.5 million into Europe in just one year with no borders was a farce waiting to happen. Had there been a structure in place prior, we may not have this problem right now. I object strongly to those who now seeing the chaos unfolding, respond to any criticism by simply crying racist.
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Well, the news tonight showed The Jungle in flames. Apparently people set fires to the place as they were being forced to leave.
- DH Lawrence
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502147 wrote: Well, the news tonight showed The Jungle in flames. Apparently people set fires to the place as they were being forced to leave.

Indeed, the Jungle is on fire, or what's left of it. Now, we are emotionally blackmailed with headlines that children are left behind in the chaos. We will now also be held to ransom emotionally that these children's lives are at risk because nasty old Britain didn't do anything.

Aid workers have been reporting child rape in the Jungle for a few years now and highlighting the danger for them. There is absolutely no excuse. France should have gone in and removed these children long ago or monitored those arriving and taken them elsewhere in the first place.

France can not, on one hand say to the UK, they must take the children because they are in their alone with no parents or family, and are at risk of rape, yet on the other hand, know full well that the reason they have been left to rot in there at the mercy of violence and rape, is down to their own shambolic disregard for their safety.

Calais Jungle refugee children being raped in camp, aid workers claim | The Independent
LarsMac

The Jungle

Post by LarsMac »

Momus;1502149 wrote: Indeed, the Jungle is on fire, or what's left of it. Now, we are emotionally blackmailed with headlines that children are left behind in the chaos. We will now also be held to ransom emotionally that these children's lives are at risk because nasty old Britain didn't do anything.

Aid workers have been reporting child rape in the Jungle for a few years now and highlighting the danger for them. There is absolutely no excuse. France should have gone in and removed these children long ago or monitored those arriving and taken them elsewhere in the first place.

France can not, on one hand say to the UK, they must take the children because they are in their alone with no parents or family, and are at risk of rape, yet on the other hand, know full well that the reason they have been left to rot in there at the mercy of violence and rape, is down to their own shambolic disregard for their safety.

Calais Jungle refugee children being raped in camp, aid workers claim | The Independent

Well, you can be held to ransom if you wish.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

Momus;1502149 wrote: Now, we are emotionally blackmailed with headlines that children are left behind in the chaos. We will now also be held to ransom emotionally that these children's lives are at risk because nasty old Britain didn't do anything.

Are you talking of Rotherham or perhaps Kent ?

I don't feel emotionally blackmailed, or held to ransom.

I am sure France and Britain have made mistakes, I am also convinced the EU should have, as a supposed Union of nations, a unified policy to deal with such events as the migrant crisis.

It really is not France's or Britain's problem.......specifically, it is Europe wide and should be handled as such.
Momus

The Jungle

Post by Momus »

LarsMac;1502151 wrote: Well, you can be held to ransom if you wish.

Those with the savvy to understand how our government and biased media exploit, see the emotional blackmail for what it is. Sadly, many people don't. The case in point, in 2015 when media buried the fact that the Lebanon and Jordan were taking Syrian refugee's in their thousands and so, no real need for Europe to take them, a photograph of a dead child on a beach on every national newspaper, saw an outpouring to accept boat migrants. What they did not report was the fact that the child's father was a people smuggler and had not come from Syria, but Turkey. It was deliberate propaganda to fool a nation to accept thousands of Merkel's economic migrants from North Africa and Asia.
El Veto-Voter

The Jungle

Post by El Veto-Voter »

Hmmmm? Seems like a government problem, created and furthered by various governments and their acts, decrees, and processes.

It really does look like there is nobody really caring about the people in peril.

That's the nature of politics. Use the victims for propaganda and/or fundraising, but don't bother to save them unless you can get serious credits for doing it. After all, our causes will need them and many more victims in the future. If we really saved the victims, then there wouldn't be any need for our continuous victim programs, eh?

That's polytix; that's why I don't play the game!
No one in power represents me. I do not give my consent. HaltVote.com

Bruv

The Jungle

Post by Bruv »

El Veto-Voter;1502188 wrote: That's polytix; that's why I don't play the game!

You sir ARE the problem.

Return to “General Chit Chat”