Better pick it up

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
LarsMac

Better pick it up

Post by LarsMac »

The new trend in communities:

Colorado dog owners fined hundreds after not picking up pet poop - The Denver Post

I remember listening to a discussion on this a few years back on Public Radio, in Detroit. It has now arrived.

BROOMFIELD — You take your dog out and pick up the mess it leaves behind, right?

If the answer is no - watch out. Several communities along the Front Range are now using sophisticated testing to police the non-scoopers.

Michael Liddle lives at the Retreat at the Flatirons in Broomfield and was recently fined $100 not once, but twice for apparently not scooping well enough.

"She's a Teacup Chihuahua and she's a runt," he said. "Her droppings are no larger than what geese leave behind."

Liddle says he's diligent about poop-scooping.

"But the grass is really tall," he said. "And especially at nighttime. It'll fall down in between the grass and you can't see it."

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Better pick it up

Post by gmc »

I've got two dogs and dog **** annoys me as much as the next personn especially on a footpath. Most dogs will go in to the bushes to crap if it's on a path odds are someone has stood there and watched while it does it. If you can't pick it up don't get a dog buy a hamster. I don't let them crap or pee in the neighbours gardens either and if my dogs catch the cat that does it in mine I will quietly dispose of the body.
tude dog

Better pick it up

Post by tude dog »

I have mixed feelings on this.

Ok, pick it up, got that.

Does my neighbor really want me to dig a hole to get rid of every piece and stain?

I would love living in a place like that so to go around depositing my own poo and urine.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Better pick it up

Post by LarsMac »

Pitstop is getting old, and she seems to like to drop on the walkway, rather than in the grass, anymore. making it much easier for me to retrieve.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Better pick it up

Post by gmc »

I have mine trained to go in to the bushes to crap.

We had an acquaintance who had trained her dog to, not pee on command, but to go up to someone and lift their leg as if they were about to pee on their leg. Apart from an impressive level of skill in training you kind of wonder at the mentality of someone who spends time doing something like that.
Raphael

Better pick it up

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1489466 wrote: Pitstop is getting old, and she seems to like to drop on the walkway, rather than in the grass, anymore. making it much easier for me to retrieve.

Fancy spending your life trailing after some animal whose **** you pick up .

I must fund some research to see if people with left wing views are more prone to this behaviour defect .
spot

Better pick it up

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526669 wrote: Fancy spending your life trailing after some animal whose **** you pick up .

I must fund some research to see if people with left wing views are more prone to this behaviour defect .

Families who own dogs are more likely to vote Conservative than those which don't. Known fact, that. The Krays, for example. Reggie Maudling. William Whitelaw. Tiny Rowland and his ridgebacks. Bloody Nabarro when he wasn't fondling the domestic staff.

As for picking up their insanitary dog's droppings it's not just a good idea - it's the law.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raphael

Better pick it up

Post by Raphael »

spot;1526704 wrote:

As for picking up their insanitary dog's droppings it's not just a good idea - it's the law.

It's an even better idea not to get yourself into the demeaning position of picking up sheet in the first place .

What' s your leisure time job , John ?

I am a sheet shoveller .

Great job . It stinks and I stink . But I don't care

Duh .
spot

Better pick it up

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526705 wrote: It's an even better idea not to get yourself into the demeaning position of picking up sheet in the first place .

What' s your leisure time job , John ?

I am a sheet shoveller .

Great job . It stinks and I stink . But I don't care

Duh .

No no, we progressed into Thatcher's Britain some while ago, everyone has to have a job, remember? If you're fit for nothing else you can collect pure in buckets from the streets, two pence at the depot per bucket delivered.

Throw your mind back to Mayhew's London Labour And The London Poor for the prototype employment scheme the government is building on. Zero hour contracts, guaranteed minimum wage and no benefits for those who refuse to get out of bed and put their gloves on when the SMS shift assignment arrives on their phone.

Valuable stuff, pure, so long as you can get it cheap enough. It's an essential ingredient, along with goatskin, for making ladies' evening gloves.

OED: 1851 H. Mayhew London Labour II. 142/1 Dogs'-dung is called ‘Pure’, from its cleansing and purifying properties.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Raphael

Better pick it up

Post by Raphael »

That was only because the smelly dogs ended up as drunk and gin smelling as their

owners in Victorian Times .

My pre -Raphaelite forbears detested H. Mayhew and often delighted in making him pure

as he left his house each morning .

By the tea cup full-- wearing gloves and with little finger extended, rigidly pointing due north ---- because they were most genteel and creative .

Quite unlike those anti semite Communists who hide behind the skirts of Jeremiah Corblimey these days .
spot

Better pick it up

Post by spot »

Raphael;1526713 wrote: My pre -Raphaelite forbears detested H. Mayhew

You do them a disservice, some of them were entirely sympathetic to Mayhew's aims. I offer Ford Maddox Ford's image of the dignity of the labouring class as an instance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_(painting)

Mentioning William Morris would be appropriate at this point too, he was an acknowledged leading theorist and practitioner within the group.

Here, for those with short memories, is Mayhew on the subject:

The "pure" gatherer, after he has been his rounds, makes the best of his way to some tanner in Bermondsey, to whom he is in the habit of selling the article. He sells it to the tanner by the stable bucketful, and gets from 8d. to 10d. per bucket for it. It is used for the purpose of cleansing sheep and calf skins after they are taken out of the "lime-pits." A man generally picks up about a bucketful in the course of the day. My informant earned last week 5s. 2d., and the week before about 6s.; and these he believes to be a fair sample of the earnings of the class. He has been at the calling about four years.
Raphael

Better pick it up

Post by Raphael »

Excellent detail .

How soon before we reintroduce such a collection method ?

See US cities - San Fran plus Los Angeles in particular--- for the appalling amount of 'pure' on the streets .

Why is it always left wing controlled authorities ?
LarsMac

Better pick it up

Post by LarsMac »

Raphael;1526845 wrote: Excellent detail .

How soon before we reintroduce such a collection method ?

See US cities - San Fran plus Los Angeles in particular--- for the appalling amount of 'pure' on the streets .

Why is it always left wing controlled authorities ?

Because the right wingers take their dogs to the liberal neighborhoods for their walks.

I can attest to that here.

The neighborhood across the road from us is pretty well entrenched trumpers. and they alway walk their dogs across the road into the county open space next to our house to let their dogs dump in our space.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Better pick it up

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1526873 wrote: Because the right wingers take their dogs to the liberal neighborhoods for their walks.

The neighborhood across the road from us is pretty well entrenched trumpers. and they alway walk their dogs across the road into the county open space next to our house to let their dogs dump in our space.Is there a better reason to stand one's ground?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Raphael

Better pick it up

Post by Raphael »

LarsMac;1526873 wrote: Because the right wingers take their dogs to the liberal neighborhoods for their walks.

The neighborhood across the road from us is pretty well entrenched trumpers. and they alway walk their dogs across the road into the county open space next to our house to let their dogs dump in our space.

Good to see you relax and bring some light hearted banter to the table .

Fortunately The Donald is moving to better control these Sanctuary Cities before they all become refuse mounds made up from the homeless , discarded drug syringes and tons of human excrement .

America deserves this swamp clean .

Return to “Pet Advice Support”