Your Job

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Your Job

Post by cars »

Do you like your Job? :wah:

Or, would you rather be doing somthing else to earn a living? :thinking:
Cars :)
persephone

Your Job

Post by persephone »

I'd be happy just to be making a living... Roll on 2006... Not that I'm wishing 2005 away of course, just can't wait to have some money again.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Paula

Your Job

Post by Paula »

My job is endless, it doesn't go away. I earn my keep the nicer i respond to each and every call. I am concerned though, as i get older, there is more & more to do? What should i do? There is no time to spend, when all you do is work?
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
rachelg

Your Job

Post by rachelg »

I liked my job, graphic designer, until last year when our publisher bought us. Now it is a sweat shop, do as many ads as possible, no matter what they look like - just get them out. Being an artist this is very frustrating :-5 I enjoyed the creative part and now there's no time for it. I'm too old to start over and have a lot of time invested with this company. I feel trapped :( I would rather be a painter, but that won't earn a living.
weeder

Your Job

Post by weeder »

cars wrote: Do you like your Job? :wah:

Or, would you rather be doing somthing else to earn a living? :thinking:
I like my job. I liked landscaping better. Actually I loved it. Alas, I discovered it too late in life. Gave it ten years, I came back to Floral Design, which is where it all started 30 years ago. I work at least 12 hours a day, 6 days aweek. There isnt any time for anything else. Im always wondering " When will there be time? "
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
A Karenina

Your Job

Post by A Karenina »

I like my job. :) Working with numbers is pretty cool because they always make sense, eventually. I especially enjoy training other people, tackling headache issues and smoothing them out, and conquering some new challenge.

There are lots of things I'd enjoy doing, but accounting suits me just fine.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle
Popper

Your Job

Post by Popper »

rachelg wrote: I liked my job, graphic designer, until last year when our publisher bought us. Now it is a sweat shop, do as many ads as possible, no matter what they look like - just get them out. Being an artist this is very frustrating :-5 I enjoyed the creative part and now there's no time for it. I'm too old to start over and have a lot of time invested with this company. I feel trapped :( I would rather be a painter, but that won't earn a living.

I understand how you feel. My last job was with a publishing company. I was a book editor and I really enjoyed the job. However, it got the stage where we were just production people and just churning out stuff without having time to pay attention to the finer details.

I like my job now. I work in IT doing software support, training and consulting. However some days you get a few horrible people but generally the job is good. For once I actually enjoy my job and don't feel like I'm waiting for a better one to come round. :)
greydeadhead

Your Job

Post by greydeadhead »

Well.. I do enjoy my work but sometimes I feel like all I am doing is paying the bills.. not really getting the satisfaction I should. Sigh.. perhaps when I retire and work my fun jobs.. driving a gang mower at a golf course in the summer.. no stress no pressure.. yep.. that will be fine..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Peg

Your Job

Post by Peg »

I love tending bar. I'd rather be making a million dollars, but I work at a private veterans organization, love working with people, the pay is the best around for bartending, and the tips are great. I also do their bookkeeping and computer work for their bingo license. Makes me a little nervous sometimes when something doesn't come out right, because it'd be my head on a platter, but it's something not a whole lot of people around here can do. Why does the government find it neccessary to make things so much more complicated than need be?
Paula

Your Job

Post by Paula »

Peg, that means the people can smoke there? You sound very much needed-not only to like your job, but i am sure the customers appreciate you. You have a great job i would have to say? My guys are coming, later...
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Peg

Your Job

Post by Peg »

My husband worked with juvenile delinquents for over 20 years and gave it up to bartend. The stress got to be too much when they went from really caring about the kids to encouraging bad behavior to get more state funding. It pays a lot less, but we survive and he's a lot happier and healthier. Funny a guy that hasn't drank in over 20 years tends bar LOL. He said after dealing with children for over 20 years, the adult children aren't so bad.
minks

Your Job

Post by minks »

rachelg wrote: I liked my job, graphic designer, until last year when our publisher bought us. Now it is a sweat shop, do as many ads as possible, no matter what they look like - just get them out. Being an artist this is very frustrating :-5 I enjoyed the creative part and now there's no time for it. I'm too old to start over and have a lot of time invested with this company. I feel trapped :( I would rather be a painter, but that won't earn a living.

Cool Job Rachel, my bro is a graphic artist as well, but he designs artwork to go on large vehicles, they specialize in vinyl wrap for things like semi trailers.

I do love my job, it is new to me, on the fringe of my expertise. I work for a company that develops and manufactures batteris for well testing equipment. Never thought I would find electronics interesting, but I have always been open to learning new things and it is very exciting. Great staff and bosses.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bill Sikes

Your Job

Post by Bill Sikes »

cars wrote: Do you like your Job? wah

Or, would you rather be doing somthing else to earn a living? thinking

It is no longer a challenge.

Yes.

:a:

:b:

:c: