Hart of Dixie is on tonight!

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Found this show on netflix last week and can't stop watching it... there's a new episode on regular TV tonight and I really want to watch it, but am afraid it will ruin it for me watching the older ones..lol

It's a dramedy romance set in the South, for those of you who haven't ever seen it.

Any other suggestions for good series that are out there? I've been so busy the last year or so that I'm just catching up on my leisure fun.:guitarist
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

flopstock;1472395 wrote: Found this show on netflix last week and can't stop watching it... there's a new episode on regular TV tonight and I really want to watch it, but am afraid it will ruin it for me watching the older ones..lol

It's a dramedy romance set in the South, for those of you who haven't ever seen it.

Any other suggestions for good series that are out there? I've been so busy the last year or so that I'm just catching up on my leisure fun.:guitarist

I watched and really liked this movie Gunless

A hardened American gunslinger is repeatedly thwarted in his attempts to mount a showdown in a friendly town in Canada where no one seems to understand or appreciate the brutal code of the American Wild West.

When I told the Mrs about it she asked who starred.

So I looked up Paul Gross and learned of Due South

The cases of a cynical American police detective and a upright Royal Canadian Mounted Police constable in the city of Chicago.

I don't know how we learned of Lilyhammer.

A New York mobster goes into hiding in rural Lillehammer in Norway after testifying against his former associates.

Lillehammer like Due South starts out strong but after a couple of years begins to loose steam. Lillehammer especially as it gets into some weird graphic sex scenes.

My sister told me of Hell on Wheels

Cullen Bohannon, a former soldier and slaveholder, follows the track of a band of Union soldiers, the killers of his wife. This brings him to the middle of one of the biggest projects in US history, the building of the transcontinental railroad. After the war years in the 1860s, this undertaking connected the prospering east with the still wild west.

- Written by cc ardbeg

The show introduces real characters such as Thomas Durant, who was responsible for building the railroad from east to west. Bohannon may be the main character, but his adventures are cleverly woven amid real historical events and issues. There were hostilities among whites and recently freed slaves working on the rail line. There were also difficulties with the Irish crews, who weren't considered to be too much better, during those times. Of course there were also conflicts with Indians, who resented the crossing of their territory with total disregard of their sacred places. And of course there are difficulties with the building of the railroad itself, weather problems, difficult terrain, cheating officials, and late payrolls. Also shows the difficult lives of women in the era.

- Written by b gibson

My biggest problem with Hell on Wheels is I found out too late and can't see the fourth season.

All shows I mentioned are on Netflix.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Have you seen Longmire?

It is a bit dark, but we liked it
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1472435 wrote: Have you seen Longmire?

Is that the one with lou diamond in it? I watched that one season and then forgot about it.. even though I liked it! I'll have to go looking again.

thanks!
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

tude dog;1472429 wrote: I watched and really liked this movie Gunless

When I told the Mrs about it she asked who starred.

So I looked up Paul Gross and learned of Due South

I don't know how we learned of Lilyhammer.

Lillehammer like Due South starts out strong but after a couple of years begins to loose steam. Lillehammer especially as it gets into some weird graphic sex scenes.

My sister told me of Hell on Wheels

My biggest problem with Hell on Wheels is I found out too late and can't see the fourth season.

All shows I mentioned are on Netflix.

I'm going to watch all but the hell on wheels one.... I'll report back. lol

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I like Gotham, I like Sleepy Hollow, American Horror Story just ended it's Freak Show Season. I like Grimm, that's on tonight. I liked Longmire too, but it has not been renewed, which is a shame, it's a quality, adult western. Currently into the 5th season of Breaking Bad & a prequel starring the lawyer will begin in February on AMC.

I think the Sopranos was the best series, ever. Miss James Gandolfini. Been watching, on Antenna TV, old reruns of All in the Family & Newhart, which still hold up because they are so good.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Yea, liked it muchly.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

flopstock;1472441 wrote: I'm going to watch all but the hell on wheels one.... I'll report back. lol

Of all, watch Gunless.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

tude dog;1472526 wrote: Of all, watch Gunless.
Not finding this on netflix:-2

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Gonna check out Hart of Dixie. If you haven't watched Blue Bloods it is a must. I and my wife also enjoy The Good Wife. I'm a fan of Hell on Wheels but Cindy isn't. Justified is awesome also.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1473125 wrote: Gonna check out Hart of Dixie. If you haven't watched Blue Bloods it is a must. I and my wife also enjoy The Good Wife. I'm a fan of Hell on Wheels but Cindy isn't. Justified is awesome also.

Just started watching Blue Bloods. It's got both magnum pi and the new kid... what's not to love, eh?

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

YZGI;1473125 wrote: Gonna check out Hart of Dixie. If you haven't watched Blue Bloods it is a must. I and my wife also enjoy The Good Wife. I'm a fan of Hell on Wheels but Cindy isn't. Justified is awesome also.

Blue Bloods, to be sure.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

That's a good one.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

flopstock;1472633 wrote: Not finding this on netflix:-2

I dunno, this might help,

Gunless
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

tude dog;1473214 wrote: I dunno, this might help,

Gunless

I think I may have been in TV shows when I looked for it... I'll try again tonight!

thanks

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

tude dog;1473214 wrote: I dunno, this might help,

Gunless

I have searched for GUNLESS every way I can think of and it doesn't show up on my Netflix
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1473262 wrote: I have searched for GUNLESS every way I can think of and it doesn't show up on my Netflix

Mine either, but I do see it as a dvd I can buy.

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

TD seems to have the DVD option, and that link goes to a DVD of Gunless.

My netflix is only network downloads, and when I search for Gunless, I get "no results found".

Perhaps it is only available as DVD?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

LarsMac;1473278 wrote: TD seems to have the DVD option, and that link goes to a DVD of Gunless.

My netflix is only network downloads, and when I search for Gunless, I get "no results found".

Perhaps it is only available as DVD?

Yea, just checked, that seems to be the case.

Sorry folks.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

You could always go for this option:

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

This [url=http://www.pbs.org/]PBS[/url production is an interesting view of how wolves became dogs and important to human survival.

Both me and Mrs. Dog recommend this.

Dogs That Changed The World (Part 1/2) - Nova Nature Documentary

Return to “General TV Shows”