Jones Jones Is Back In The House.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

And so once again I have served my time. At approximately 3.08 in my part of the globe … 2.08 Greenwich Mean Time I was paroled. (Jj stretches his arms and flexes his muscles, his hard, tanned six-pack glistening in the firelight.) So good to be a free man again!

I have had time to read and analyze the posts on Hope’s thread “What the Heck’s going on Here?” Took me a while because I have at one time or another interacted with most of the members who replied to the thread. I had to like cast my mind back to remind myself of how I pleased those who supported me and how I displeased those who did not.

I joined Forum Garden way back when at a time when I was an Internet virgin like I guess we all were once. I made many mistakes, I made many apologies, I was banned many times, and I made many apologies again.

I tried to bring a fresh approach to the Garden, especially at times when I believed, rightly or wrongly, that this Discussion Forum was falling by the wayside. The way I expressed myself gained me many followers, mostly of the fairer sex and many detractors, mostly of the opposite sex. I make no apology for this as I know for a fact that I brought a modicum of pleasure & happiness to many who were unloved and unappreciated. I tried my best to post Threads that were original, interesting and discussion worthy. In this respect I believe I succeeded more than I failed.

One of the first members I became friends with was Hope6 whom I christened “My Southern Belle.” We had our ups and downs during our often tempestuous online relationship, yet we have remained friends ever since. We have a sort of “can’t get on together but can’t bear to be apart” affair. She remains one of my best online friends and I am sure she thinks the same of me.

Dear Oscar … she and I are so alike that we often have our online tiffs, simply because opposites attract and our personalities are too alike. Yet because she is such a fair lady who detests hypocrisy, she almost always comes to my aid and supports me whenever she believes I am being unfairly treated.

Annie and Gilly … well they have been my online friends through all my trials and tribulations, scolding me when I’ve done wrong but standing by me when push came to shove … United we stand.

Ms Boop has made her feelings known on this thread in no uncertain manner. Despite the fact that she has posted only negatively about me, I certainly bear her no ill will. I treasure the times in the past when we spoke to each other as friends and sometimes shared the odd joke and trivial stuff. Personally I still believe that my thread “Betty Boop” was more a celebration of a lovely lady than an attempt to lure her into my no-existent “harem.” I shall ensure that in future mentioning her name on Forum Garden will be taboo.

I have left mentioning Lady J for last. I doubt FG realises what an asset she is to the Forums. She is an intelligent, wonderful lady who has to be really pushed to the edge before she would ever “bad mouth” anyone. She and I have a very special friendship and she fiercely defends me against all comers, but when I am wrong she tells me so in no uncertain manner. She is a gem among gems.

Lastly, I want to apologise to any FG member or guest who was offended by my thread in which I unfortunately “lost it” and used language unbecoming to a gentleman.

Merci beaucoup.

Jj.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

Well said JJ. I'm glad you're back :-6
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Chloe_88;1459144 wrote: Well said JJ. I'm glad you're back :-6

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Chloe! Baie dankie!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Good to see you my Friend.

Patsy
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Patsy Warnick;1459156 wrote: Good to see you my Friend.

Patsy

And you too hun ...
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hi Cutie!!!!!!!!!! :-D
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

PS---I don't remember ever scolding you! Maybe I was drunk at the time!
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Welcome back, JJ. I especially the photographs you post. :)

:wah:

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Dare I say it ? Despite possibly upsetting one or two members I will say welcome back Jj ! I hope you return to being a gentleman !

It doesn't do for everybody to be the same, so you just carry on being you, it makes Forum Garden more interesting, and it is a fact that for a period of time your threads kept Forum Garden ticking over. They certainly made a nice change from those oppressive same old, same old religious threads! Now that might put the cat among the pigeons ! :sneaky: :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

G#Gill;1459203 wrote: They certainly made a nice change from those oppressive same old, same old religious threads! Now that might put the cat among the pigeons ! :sneaky: :yh_rotfl
Glory, Glory, Hallelujah. Repent, ye Sinner for such blasphemy!!
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

jones jones;1459143 wrote: And so once again I have served my time. At approximately 3.08 in my part of the globe … 2.08 Greenwich Mean Time I was paroled. (Jj stretches his arms and flexes his muscles, his hard, tanned six-pack glistening in the firelight.) So good to be a free man again!

I have had time to read and analyze the posts on Hope’s thread “What the Heck’s going on Here?” Took me a while because I have at one time or another interacted with most of the members who replied to the thread. I had to like cast my mind back to remind myself of how I pleased those who supported me and how I displeased those who did not.

I joined Forum Garden way back when at a time when I was an Internet virgin like I guess we all were once. I made many mistakes, I made many apologies, I was banned many times, and I made many apologies again.

I tried to bring a fresh approach to the Garden, especially at times when I believed, rightly or wrongly, that this Discussion Forum was falling by the wayside. The way I expressed myself gained me many followers, mostly of the fairer sex and many detractors, mostly of the opposite sex. I make no apology for this as I know for a fact that I brought a modicum of pleasure & happiness to many who were unloved and unappreciated. I tried my best to post Threads that were original, interesting and discussion worthy. In this respect I believe I succeeded more than I failed.

One of the first members I became friends with was Hope6 whom I christened “My Southern Belle.” We had our ups and downs during our often tempestuous online relationship, yet we have remained friends ever since. We have a sort of “can’t get on together but can’t bear to be apart” affair. She remains one of my best online friends and I am sure she thinks the same of me.

Dear Oscar … she and I are so alike that we often have our online tiffs, simply because opposites attract and our personalities are too alike. Yet because she is such a fair lady who detests hypocrisy, she almost always comes to my aid and supports me whenever she believes I am being unfairly treated.

Annie and Gilly … well they have been my online friends through all my trials and tribulations, scolding me when I’ve done wrong but standing by me when push came to shove … United we stand.

Ms Boop has made her feelings known on this thread in no uncertain manner. Despite the fact that she has posted only negatively about me, I certainly bear her no ill will. I treasure the times in the past when we spoke to each other as friends and sometimes shared the odd joke and trivial stuff. Personally I still believe that my thread “Betty Boop” was more a celebration of a lovely lady than an attempt to lure her into my no-existent “harem.” I shall ensure that in future mentioning her name on Forum Garden will be taboo.

I have left mentioning Lady J for last. I doubt FG realises what an asset she is to the Forums. She is an intelligent, wonderful lady who has to be really pushed to the edge before she would ever “bad mouth” anyone. She and I have a very special friendship and she fiercely defends me against all comers, but when I am wrong she tells me so in no uncertain manner. She is a gem among gems.

Lastly, I want to apologise to any FG member or guest who was offended by my thread in which I unfortunately “lost it” and used language unbecoming to a gentleman.

Merci beaucoup.

Jj.

As always....well said.

:-4
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1459161 wrote: Hi Cutie!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Howzit hun?
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1459162 wrote: PS---I don't remember ever scolding you! Maybe I was drunk at the time!

Or maybe I was~!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

along-for-the-ride;1459178 wrote: Welcome back, JJ. I especially the photographs you post. :)

:wah:

Hi sweetie ... Long time no hear no see!
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

G#Gill;1459203 wrote: Dare I say it ? Despite possibly upsetting one or two members I will say welcome back Jj ! I hope you return to being a gentleman !

It doesn't do for everybody to be the same, so you just carry on being you, it makes Forum Garden more interesting, and it is a fact that for a period of time your threads kept Forum Garden ticking over. They certainly made a nice change from those oppressive same old, same old religious threads! Now that might put the cat among the pigeons ! :sneaky: :yh_rotfl

I do try to act like a gentleman Gilly, I really do.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Lady J;1459221 wrote: As always....well said.

:-4

You know me ...
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Lastly, I want to apologise to any FG member or guest who was offended by my thread in which I unfortunately lost it and used language unbecoming to a gentleman.

Thank you.......accepted.

A small extract from my special journal follows.................make of it what you will.

I was born and brought up in SE London, the third of five sons. Our father was a Turncock working for the Metropolitan Water Board. We brothers thought he dug holes for a living because if we ever saw him at work he was waist deep in a hole in the road.

We used to eat in our kitchen, the brick walls were painted cream and olive green. Dinner time, back then was midday, we didn’t have lunch, we were too poor.

Later we had a meal called Tea, no supper, we were too poor.

I would sit on a bench against the wall with one of my brothers, trapped by the table in front.

On the fridge to my left was our Radio with two big glass batteries beside it. I remember hearing “Women’s Hour”, “Listen with Mother” and “Mrs Dale’s Diary” and the highlight of the week “Two Way Family Favourites”.

Mondays would be cold meat and mashed potato and pickles day, Dad with his muscle power used to mash while Mum laid out the sliced roast from yesterday.

We had a toothless Great Aunt that could eat anything with her gums, she kept us supplied with Piccalilli, Pickled onions or we had Pan Yan pickle from the Co-op shop.

I remember one or other of my elder brothers would goad me to react. A poked tongue or funny face would cause me to complain. Some days a kick or just a touch hidden below the table made me plead for them to “Stop ” with a tear in my eye, or I might frustratedly retaliate with a kick. It was always me that got scolded, made to sit up straight. When I questioned the justice of my brothers “Picking on me” and me being told off the reply was simple. “That’s what they want, if you react they have won, all you have to do is smile back and they will get bored and leave you alone”

For a man that dug holes for a living my old man was quite clever.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

jones jones;1459284 wrote: Hi sweetie ... Long time no hear no see!

You can always find me here:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/forum ... mmute.html

:)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

You are one of my best online friends Jj, and you were one of my first friends. FG was the very first forum I ever joined and I met you here 4 days later. That was over 6 years ago. This statement of yours sums us up perfectly I think. " We have a sort of “can’t get on together but can’t bear to be apart” affair." but even if I'm peeved at you I will still speak up about stuff around here if I think it's needed. :)
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Hope6;1459441 wrote: You are one of my best online friends Jj, and you were one of my first friends. FG was the very first forum I ever joined and I met you here 4 days later. That was over 6 years ago. This statement of yours sums us up perfectly I think. " We have a sort of “can’t get on together but can’t bear to be apart” affair." but even if I'm peeved at you I will still speak up about stuff around here if I think it's needed. :)

{Swoon!} But only one of your best friends Georgia! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!:-1:-1
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

jones jones;1459477 wrote: {Swoon!} But only one of your best friends Georgia! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!:-1:-1

You want to be her Only Best Friend? You're more generous than that!!!!!!
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Aww Jj don't cry. Yes I guess I could say you are my best online friend. We've been through a lot together haven't we? :) MWAAAAAAH! :-4
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Hi Anne! I haven't seen you around much, I hope all is well? I don't know if you are a hugger but I'm gonna hug your neck anyway. :) ((((((((HUG)))))))
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hope6;1459535 wrote: Hi Anne! I haven't seen you around much, I hope all is well? I don't know if you are a hugger but I'm gonna hug your neck anyway. :) ((((((((HUG)))))))

Yes, Hope, I AM a Hugger! ((((((((HUG)))))))

Return to “General Chit Chat”