Ouiji Boards

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Betty Boop

Ouiji Boards

Post by Betty Boop »

Any one taken part in any sessions?

Been invited to several and won't say what happened yet.

Just wondered if others have tried and what they felt about the results.
theia

Ouiji Boards

Post by theia »

Tried it at school but not since.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Chloe_88

Ouiji Boards

Post by Chloe_88 »

Betty Boop;1458374 wrote: Any one taken part in any sessions?

Been invited to several and won't say what happened yet.

Just wondered if others have tried and what they felt about the results.

Never have, never will. I believe stuff like that needs to be left alone.
Saint_

Ouiji Boards

Post by Saint_ »

I used one a couple of times when I was a young risk-taking kid. I was pretty skeptical, since I didn't believe in the supernatural then. I was sure that one or the other (or all) of the users would be either consciously or subconsciously influencing the movement of the marker. After all the brain controls the muscles and everything in the Universe is explainable through physics, right?

Since then, I've lived for over a half-century and seen many things that science cannot explain, some of them personally. You can't see atoms, but they sure can blow the Hell out of you. There may be other dangerous things that are invisible too. I'm not a cocky teenager anymore. I wouldn't touch one now.
Saint_

Ouiji Boards

Post by Saint_ »

Freakiest Ouija Board Stories Ever
Bruv

Ouiji Boards

Post by Bruv »

I think I have mentioned it here, but yes as a young teen I joined my pal and his mother at their kitchen table. I had been 'talked into it' and was highly skeptical but very wary.

We all sat down and I was sure the up turned tumbler moved with no obvious pressure from the other two, I stopped right there.

I am not superstitious, don't believe in ghosts, don't believe in black magic or other super natural happenings.

I do believe the mind can be moved by unexplainable outside influences..........if you believe it can, I refuse to allow myself to believe.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Ouiji Boards

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Yes. Twice. Once in my early twenties, once in my early forties. Everything worked out as it said it would. I don't like it, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Yet, I used to read Tarot frequently, for myself & sometimes others, & have had Tarot readings from others. Like the ouija, Everything works out as it said it would. But the Tarot does not make me uncomfortable, even though the "force"?? must be the same? I do not read Tarot anymore either, but the ouija I would never touch again.
jones jones

Ouiji Boards

Post by jones jones »

Tried it in my youth with my buddies, mostly when we were high on some or other weed or substance and then it always worked for us. We talked to several people who had passed on so to speak. Can't recall what they said but once when we asked a real dumbass question the board seemed to speed up and go a bit crazy.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

I don't recall but I think I must have.

Here's something to put you off:

Note the 3 creepy 'experts' moving their bodies in the direction of the marker. Now if it's the spirits who are doing all the work then why isn't it only the fingers, hands and arms moving? Looks like a push to me - unless they've had their shoulders welded in place. :yh_eyerol
Betty Boop

Ouiji Boards

Post by Betty Boop »

I'll watch the video after HT. I'm pretty sure it won't change my mind on any of it just probably reinforce it.

Never took part as a teen and was always horrified when others thought they might have a go. I recall my catholic raised friend telling me she took part in one and it frightened her half to death.

Recently others around me have organised specific nights at someone's house to hold a seance. I've always declined my invitation. On other nights we've had just general get togethers that have got to a late time of the evening and someone says 'let's do a ouiji board'. I sat in on one for a little while and was convinced someone was pushing the glass lol nothing much happened and after some time I left the table and said I would observe. Nothing much still happened and then I was quite flabbergasted that the group felt that I was stopping any activity with my negativity towards it. With that another member not keen on the whole concept got up and said he would also leave the table as he wasn't feeling too positive. So we both retreated to another room in the hope they would achieve what they wanted.

Nothing did happen, and of course the two of us got the blame lol oh dear! I know the other guy as a really good medium and he just felt he doesn't need a tool to speak to anyone when he can just tune in and do it direct.

We also discussed that nothing good ever comes out of the board, there is never a positive message for someone or maybe if there is something positive the people taking part don't ever remember. All they seem interested in is the negative aspects sadly.

So... if someone is in control and pushing that glass around then there must be some very dark people within our circle :-3
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

Betty Boop;1458427 wrote: ..... I was quite flabbergasted that the group felt that I was stopping any activity with my negativity ....

Oh Jesus! Ain't that the way! They were probably worried you were tiptoeing about looking for strings and mirrors and magnets and such. LOL. Yes, I'm sure that video will serve to reinforce your opinion.

Contacting the spirits and fortune-telling go hand-in-hand, as far as I'm concerned. A few years ago I had a very short relationship with a woman who was very keen on getting close to me. Later, she confessed that a fortune-teller said she would meet the man of her life in a particular situation …. and then I showed up, in that very way. She contacted her fortune-teller to tell her the news and ask her advice to which she responded, “Yes! That's the one I was telling you about! Take him!” So she took me. It didn't work out at all so when she said she wanted to call it quits I asked about the fortune-teller. “She must have been wrong”. But I'm sure she was forever on the look-out for men in “that particular situation”, just in case.
Oscar Namechange

Ouiji Boards

Post by Oscar Namechange »

High Threshold;1458430 wrote: Oh Jesus! Ain't that the way! They were probably worried you were tiptoeing about looking for strings and mirrors and magnets and such. LOL. Yes, I'm sure that video will serve to reinforce your opinion.

Contacting the spirits and fortune-telling go hand-in-hand, as far as I'm concerned. A few years ago I had a very short relationship with a woman who was very keen on getting close to me. Later, she confessed that a fortune-teller said she would meet the man of her life in a particular situation …. and then I showed up, in that very way. She contacted her fortune-teller to tell her the news and ask her advice to which she responded, “Yes! That's the one I was telling you about! Take him!” So she took me. It didn't work out at all so when she said she wanted to call it quits I asked about the fortune-teller. “She must have been wrong”. But I'm sure she was forever on the look-out for men in “that particular situation”, just in case. I was the old cynic about all things spiritual and ghostly until I had one of the most frightening and weird moments of my life. I've written about It here before so won't repeat myself.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Saint_

Ouiji Boards

Post by Saint_ »

High Threshold;1458430 wrote:

Contacting the spirits and fortune-telling go hand-in-hand, as far as I'm concerned.

In Hell, the Angel Virgil told Dante that people were damned for asking favors from Satan. He granted some and ignored others, but it was the request that counted against them.
Saint_

Ouiji Boards

Post by Saint_ »

Oscar Namechange;1458432 wrote: I was the old cynic about all things spiritual and ghostly until I had one of the most frightening and weird moments of my life. I've written about It here before so won't repeat myself.

Same here. Ghosts, UFOs...those kinds of things are the kind that no one, not even yourself, truly believe until it happens to them or them see it for themselves.
Oscar Namechange

Ouiji Boards

Saint_;1458434 wrote: Same here. Ghosts, UFOs...those kinds of things are the kind that no one, not even yourself, truly believe until it happens to them or them see it for themselves.

Something like that had never happened to me before and hasn't happened since but boy, did It make me think !!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458435 wrote: Something like that had never happened to me before and hasn't happened since but boy, did It make me think !!!

I didn't really want to say, but I did see a ghost once. Only once. I even got confirmation and an explanation for it.
Oscar Namechange

Ouiji Boards

High Threshold;1458438 wrote: I didn't really want to say, but I did see a ghost once. Only once. I even got confirmation and an explanation for it. Wanna share?
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458439 wrote: Wanna share?

I went off to war, on the other side of the earth, when I was still rather young. During my absence my parents bought an old house and moved in. When I returned one year later, I had an extraordinary experience my first night in the “new” house. I woke in the middle of the night to see a man in what I deemed to be his 70's. He was standing at the entrance to the bedroom, well-dressed if slightly old fashioned. Suddenly he was no longer there but standing next to my bed looking down into my face. And then he was gone. Although it was dream-like I felt that it wasn't. I was calm, alert and able to go back to sleep without any trouble. I forgot about it though I didn't really “forget”.

A couple of years later I recalled the incident and was about to tell my father what had happened. But before I could go into any detail he said, “So you've seen him too, eh?” He then proceeded to tell me his experience his first night in that house. Mind you, I hadn't yet told him what I had seen other than I had had "a strange dream". His story was similar in that the man he saw resembled the one I had seen. He then said that most people who spend a night in that house have seen him, though not everyone, and the theory is that the “ghost” is either searching for someone or perhaps only wants to see who is living in his house. Apparently it's the doctor who lived there previously, the former owner.

That's about it, other than a few details.
Oscar Namechange

Ouiji Boards

High Threshold;1458440 wrote: I went off to war, on the other side of the earth, when I was still rather young. During my absence my parents bought an old house and moved in. When I returned one year later, I had an extraordinary experience my first night in the “new” house. I woke in the middle of the night to see a man in what I deemed to be his 70's. He was standing at the entrance to the bedroom, well-dressed if slightly old fashioned. Suddenly he was no longer there but standing next to my bed looking down into my face. And then he was gone. Although it was dream-like I felt that it wasn't. I was calm, alert and able to go back to sleep without any trouble. I forgot about it though I didn't really “forget”.

A couple of years later I recalled the incident and was about to tell my father what had happened. But before I could go into any detail he said, “So you've seen him too, eh?” He then proceeded to tell me his experience his first night in that house. Mind you, I hadn't yet told him what I had seen other than I had had "a strange dream". His story was similar in that the man he saw resembled the one I had seen. He then said that most people who spend a night in that house have seen him, though not everyone, and the theory is that the “ghost” is either searching for someone or perhaps only wants to see who is living in his house. Apparently it's the doctor who lived there previously, the former owner.

That's about it, other than a few details. Really Interesting and very similar to an experience my first husband had. He actually described his experience as dream like but wasn't, just like you. My ex was an extremely down to earth man. A ' show me the money' type and before his experience laughed at any suggestion of ghosties. Did you feel any fear when you saw your old man? My ex says he didn't.

I used to try to apply logic to apparitions before I had my own experience which didn't Involve seeing anything or anybody. I believed through logic that as radio waves etc can be trapped In the atmosphere, then maybe former Images of past living could and maybe the particles got suspended somehow.
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458448 wrote: ... Did you feel any fear when you saw your old man?

Not the slightest bit.

Oscar Namechange;1458448 wrote: I used to try to apply logic to apparitions before I had my own experience which didn't Involve seeing anything or anybody. I believed through logic that as radio waves etc can be trapped In the atmosphere, then maybe former Images of past living could and maybe the particles got suspended somehow.

Like aurora borealis? I mean, as a scientific explanation of an odd phaenomena.
Oscar Namechange

Ouiji Boards

High Threshold;1458451 wrote:

Like aurora borealis? I mean, as a scientific explanation of an odd phaenomena. That type of electromagnetic radiation form of suspension... I don't know.

My Father and I used to discuss life after death a lot before he died. He told us all that If there was, he'd send us a sign and that sign would be rattling our pots and pans. It was a joke. One night I had a saucepan rack above the cooker with my pans hanging from It and the whole lot crashed.

On Inspection, the screws holding the rack had come loose.... or did they ?:wah:

Frightened the crap out of me for a few seconds. That wasn't my weird experience though... the pans were just co-Incidence.... I think :wah:
Betty Boop

Ouiji Boards

Post by Betty Boop »

High Threshold;1458430 wrote:

Take him!” So she took me.

Oh my word ! That's a bit full on, would this woman go jump off a cliff if her fortune teller told her to do so :wah:
LarsMac

Ouiji Boards

Post by LarsMac »

I had an uncle (Well, my dad's uncle, really) who used to ran parlor games, and seances in New Orleans in the 20's and 30's.

He told stories about running ouija boards at the parlor games and making some good money off the rubes, until he got busted, and did time at Angola.

He told us how you could make the board say what you wanted it to. It was as much playing the other parties as anything.

So, I've never had what you'd call an open mind to the thing.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

Betty Boop;1458465 wrote: Oh my word ! That's a bit full on, would this woman go jump off a cliff if her fortune teller told her to do so :wah:

I'd like to think "taking me" was just a bit more pleasurable and fulfilling than jumping off of a cliff might have been. :-3
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458461 wrote: My Father and I used to discuss life after death a lot before he died. He told us all that If there was, he'd send us a sign and that sign would be rattling our pots and pans. One night I had a saucepan rack above the cooker with my pans hanging from It and the whole lot crashed ......

When everything hit the floor, you didn't perchance hear something like this ..... did you?

High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

LarsMac;1458491 wrote: I had an uncle ..... who used to ran parlor games, and seances in New Orleans in the 20's and 30's. ....... He told us how you could make the board say what you wanted it to. ..... So, I've never had what you'd call an open mind to the thing.

I mean, how many tall, dark strangers are there? Not enough to go round for sure. :yh_silly
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

I had an uncle too. He's gone now. Anyway, he lived in the U.S. and owned a little motel in Panama City. After 20 odd years of no contact at all I decided to find him, his wife being my favourite auntie. Unfortunately, she had died of cancer just a couple of years before, but I didn't know that. So I rang him up and naturally he was overwhelmed with surprise. We talked about the good old days and life and, yeah the whole thing.

The really curious thing is this: He had a cleaning woman at the motel who was born in the Philippines. Somewhere along the road of life she suffered a horrific traffic accident that had damaged her brain. When she recovered from her physical wounds she began to have odd intuitions and perceptions. She felt that she could foresee the future - in small doses I suppose. So she started reading palms. My uncle refused time and time again until one day he was feeling exceptionally tolerant. He agreed. She told him that he'd have contact with someone he hadn't even thought of for a long, long time and that the number 3 had some significance but she didn't know exactly how. It was exactly 3 days later that I discovered his phone number and rang him. No joke.

Later that summer I went to the U.S. and spent a couple of weeks with him in Florida. I met that woman. She was odd but I didn't agree to have her read my palm.
FourPart

Ouiji Boards

Post by FourPart »

The funny thing is that when it was created, in 1890, it was never intended for anything of a spiritual nature at all - certainly nothing Satanic.

Ouija - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oscar Namechange

Ouiji Boards

High Threshold;1458496 wrote: When everything hit the floor, you didn't perchance hear something like this ..... did you?

:yh_rotfl

If I'd been watching The Exorcist at the time though, I'd have run for the hills.

Thinking about It, there are some new members who have contributed to this thread who may not have seen my experience when I wrote before so I will repeat.

As I said previously, I'd always applied or tried to apply logic to ghosty goings on and was a bit of a cynic.

Shortly after my Father died, my brother and I went going from bar to bar on Worthing promenade and noticed signs saying that night saw a famous Spiritualist giving a show on the pier. Ordinarilly, we'd not have taken any notice and walked on by. ( No reference to copyright and Dionne Warwick).

The thing that stood out was he was an Irish chap with the exact same name as our grandfather and Father. Hmmmm

We were bored by then so as tickets were still available, we went In and If I am to be quite honest, we went In to take the piss being the sceptics we were.The show got about half way through with the usual ' message for an Anne' type thing and then for the second half, he started going among the audience. He stopped at me and said he had a message. Sarcastically, I said ' oh don't tell me, It's my Father'...snigger snigger snigger... until he said ' Yes, your Father's here but he has a little girl with him who has a message for you'. At that point, my mouth fell open as I'd lost a daughter decades earlier. The message was something he nor anyone In that building could have known. I had never even heard of this spiritualist until that night. The message was something It would have been very difficult to make up.

I tried to apply logic to It and put It down to the guy just got lucky. That's what I believed for some time as did my brother. When my sister died of breast cancer, we both went to a clairvoyant and she said she couldn't get anything at all. ( Still charged us though :wah:) About a year later, we had a brand new sales rep start at the branch and as I walked past him on the first day having never seen the guy In my life before, he just came out with ' you won't be able to reach her yet... she hasn't passed over'... wtf who? Your sister he said...

That did It for me... no ghosties, no apparitions but I now have a very open mind and accept the message from the little girl as a comfort now.
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458559 wrote: If I'd been watching The Exorcist at the time though, I'd have run for the hills.

Yes, and if you could have run fast enough you might have nicked my heels.

Oscar Namechange;1458559 wrote: ... Ordinarilly, we'd not have taken any notice and walked on by.

Oooo, how I love that tune! She and Mary Wells!

Oscar Namechange;1458559 wrote: ... he said ' Yes, your Father's here but he has a little girl with him who has a message for you'. At that point, my mouth fell open as I'd lost a daughter decades earlier. .... About a year later, we had a brand new sales rep ... and... having never seen the guy In my life before, he just came out with ' you won't be able to reach her yet... she hasn't passed over'... .

For F sakes! Point me in the direction of those hills, Darlint! I´m off!
Oscar Namechange

Ouiji Boards

High Threshold;1458592 wrote: Yes, and if you could have run fast enough you might have nicked my heels.

Oooo, how I love that tune! She and Mary Wells!

For F sakes! Point me in the direction of those hills, Darlint! I´m off! The funny thing about that was the new sales rep and I went on to have many discussions on the spiritual world while he was there. We were talking about how some people have these experiences and others don't and I pointed out that until that night on the Pier, I'd never ever experienced anything like that before. He told me It was because I'd closed my mind and people who do have those experiences open their minds so the spirituality comes through. He said my experience on the Pier had given me sufficient enough jolt and thought, that from then on, I'd opened my mind allowing others through.

Being such an old cynic all my life and even trying logic, funny enough that made sense.

Several years later I was In my home town and took the bus along the seafront ( driving Is Impossible there)... you know what It's like when you get on a bus for the first time In years and you get the weirdo ???? yep ! I was actually In the process of disembarking and walking past the seats, some woman just said to me ' Your father's with you when you're gardening. I see him watching you with pride'..... now prior, I'd have put that down to a weirdo but I actually found myself replying ' awww Thanks, that's a great comfort'.
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Namechange;1458814 wrote: He said ..... from then on, I'd opened my mind allowing others through ..... funny enough that made sense.

It must be something akin to the intuition of homosexuals. Just a glance at you and they seem to "know" whether you are or not.
AnneBoleyn

Ouiji Boards

Post by AnneBoleyn »

High Threshold;1458815 wrote: It must be something akin to the intuition of homosexuals. Just a glance at you and they seem to "know" whether you are or not.

Gaydar.
High Threshold

Ouiji Boards

Post by High Threshold »

AnneBoleyn;1458818 wrote: Gaydar.

Is that what it's called? I thought it was just plain old heat sensors.

Return to “General Chit Chat”