Return of the Possible Downtime

Read about the latest happenings at ForumGarden.com.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I hope that the title of this thread is not inviting problems after the five days of disaster we went through last time we tried to upgrade the system but ...

At about 15:00 BST (GMT+1) tomorrow the system will come down, hopefully for three hours or less, to perform necessary maintenance.

Once the system is back there will be a period of checkout to ensure that all is well, if problems are found at this point we will have to revert to the backup and any posts made in the interim will be lost. Obviously we will make every endeavour not to do this but past experience says it might happen.

We will keep you updated during this period.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Yoiks !!!! :-3 I'm sure the members will cope, and we'll keep everything crossed that all goes well(even eyes LOL).
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Thank you, Bryn for the 'heads up'.

You do an excellent job with running this forum and after running one myself years ago I know what is involved.

Thank you.

:yh_hugs
Týr

Post by Týr »

Keep this in mind, we're about five hours before I get started. I'm whetting my scalpel.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
Týr

Post by Týr »

100 minute warning. I'll be getting my klaxon handle out in a bit.
Týr

Post by Týr »

Could the next person to open this thread please reply to it? I've been changing the DNS entries, it would he helpful to know other people can still see the site at the moment.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Týr;1457917 wrote: Could the next person to open this thread please reply to it? I've been changing the DNS entries, it would he helpful to know other people can still see the site at the moment.

You are so forceful...........is that a scalpel in your hand ?

Whatever it was I said......I didn't mean it.......honestly
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
gosmet

Re: Return of the Possible Downtime

Post by gosmet »

Find directions, store hours, phone numbers & beauty brands carried at an Ulta Beauty store near you. Find your Ulta store location by entering your city. Get ulta holiday hours 2023 here. https://opentoclosehrs.com/ulta-holiday-hours/
spot

Re: Return of the Possible Downtime

Post by spot »

gosmet wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:54 am Find directions, store hours, phone numbers & beauty brands carried at an Ulta Beauty store near you. Find your Ulta store location by entering your city. Get ulta holiday hours 2023 here. [Unsolicited product placement removed by moderator]
I'm flummoxed. The nearest Ulta Beauty outlet to me is 3,090 miles, why am I being pestered with the opening hours of this provincial outfit? If I try placing an order on their website they refuse to arrange delivery outside of the USA, it's scarcely a multinational corporation.

So, my next question. Why does the IT department of a company with 1,355 outlets across 50 states do business with a sleazy fly-by-night Search Engine Optimization one-man backyard hustler who spams the Ulta Beauty name onto random Internet forums like mine without consent? How do you think you can improve your public relations by behaving that way?

I'm sufficiently puzzled that I'll click the Ulta Beauty contact form and ask.
Thank you for submitting your inquiry to ULTA Guest Services. We appreciate your business, and we are devoted to serving you with care and expertise.
You may expect a response to your inquiry within 24 hours.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “News and Announcements”