They Don't Ever Play Ball.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

The 2014 Soccer World Cup kicks off in Brazil tonight ... What a waste of money! There is only one reason that these so called extravaganzas get off the ground and that is money. Money that is paid in bribes to certain people in high places who have a finger in the pie of every construction company that builds "white elephant" stadiums, rapid transport systems and every other what have you involved in these money losing schemes that are financed by us tax payers..

The unwashed masses are promised all sorts of incentives to buy into these World Cups but very few if any of them ever materialize.

South Africa spent gazillions of billions on the last World Cup. Every stadium built is losing money hand over fist; the RTS on which millions was spent have yet to get off the ground.

The politicians and administrators guzzle up all the money and the man in the street gets saddled with the bill.

And the Olympic Games are exactly the same.

Best way to get your country into debt with the world bankers ... Host an Olympic Games, Commonwealth games or World Cup.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1457335 wrote: The 2014 Soccer World Cup kicks off in Brazil tonight ....

Finger on the pulse..................as always.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

I really hate football and everything that comes with it. I think it is a waste of money, that could be well spent somewhere else.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

jones jones;1457335 wrote: The 2014 Soccer World Cup kicks off in Brazil tonight ... What a waste of money! There is only one reason that these so called extravaganzas get off the ground and that is money. Money that is paid in bribes to certain people in high places who have a finger in the pie of every construction company that builds "white elephant" stadiums, rapid transport systems and every other what have you involved in these money losing schemes that are financed by us tax payers..

True. But that holds true for most events, like the Olympic Games for example. Remember the hostage situation in Munich? With Israelis held at gun-point (in what turned out to be their death) and one of them already lying dead on the floor ....... the decision was to "Play on!" The wealthy weren't about to lose their investment on a few innocent men being blasted to smitherines.

Return to “General Chit Chat”