i may leave

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

well first of all, id like to thank the ones that sent kind words when i needed them some years ago .ive been here on and off for a while , but due to personnel reasons wasnt able to come on for a few years,

but since returning im finding it hard to engage in conversations its either me or the the place has change , some of the conversation just dont seem to make any sense to me

or have a point , as i said could be me

ive also picked up on a bitchy side which again i see no point ,

anyway thanks again to the messages i received and the people who chatted to me

i didnt want to just disapear without saying anything and it was easyer that sending loads of PMs out

LW
Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.

Clodhopper

i may leave

Post by Clodhopper »

Things seems to come and go in waves here - quiet and dull at times, absolutely jumping at others. But the main reason I keep popping in (whether I log in and comment or not) is to get the US reaction to issues (since this is mainly an Anglo-American community) but also reactions from the wider world.

To me, this is worth the inconvenience of the occasional poster I have difficulty with. This place is better that most for that - look at the average chatroom online and the trolling and abuse makes Forum Garden a comparative haven of peace and good manners...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Patsy Warnick

i may leave

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Why would you leave - when you haven't been here?

I feel your thread is for sympathy for some reason?

What is it your seeking?

You know conversation comes & goes - some topics are of no interest

but all in all - you've made friends here so I'm confused.

wish you the best in what ever your looking for.

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

After someone (was it YZGI?) was kind enough to gift you with a new name, you come in, insult the forum & then leave? Oh, no you don't! I've grown to really like you, LW, I see you as an interesting, compassionate type of dude. Thanks (NOT!) for the New Year's Gift.

You might be (or might not be) interested to know Nothing Ever Makes Sense to me anymore, so you are in good company (mine!)

& for the last few years I find it difficult to speak cogently about anything. Thank goodness today in meditation we are working on the 5th Chakra.
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

no insult mas made i did say ' it could be me ' and i did say ' i may leave ' i had 3 other forums i go on now and then i have shut those accounts down with no explanation or thought ,

as for the question i was asked , what is it your seeking , well that is a good question , im not really sure is the honest answer 5 years ago, i thought maybe id found it, things do happen in mysterious ways and for reasons unknown ,

YZGI

i may leave

Post by YZGI »

Forumgarden--A comfortable place

Come and go as you please. Post or don't post as you please.

Engage in a bitch, disengage from a bitch.

The choices are our own.
Chloe_88

i may leave

Post by Chloe_88 »

Shame to hear that LW.

I haven't been on here for a while due to health issues and I haven't been able to think of threads to start, some of the threads where not my cup of tea, so I have a look once in a while and post when I feel good and ready. :)

It's your choice of course. I have closed my FG account before, but came back.

Maybe it's an idea to just post when you feel like it, and not when you don't.

Anyway, like I said it's your choice. :)

Have a good New Year, and maybe give FG a second thought? :D
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

like i said nothing def, just didnt want to disappear without saying something,

hope you all have a good newyear ...:-6:yh_hugs

LW

along-for-the-ride

i may leave

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hope you have a Happy New Year, Lone Wolf. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hey, you can't blame me for trying! :-D. Have a happy New Year & I hope everything good happens for you!
Kathy Ellen

i may leave

Post by Kathy Ellen »

You make me sad that you're always leaving. You don't give us a chance to know you.

~~~sad really~~~

Friendships are not always easy to establish, you have to work hard to keep them.

Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

i say 'may ' :wah:

your doing well at convincing me otherwise :D:D

Kathy Ellen

i may leave

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Lone Wolf;1443679 wrote: i say 'may ' :wah:

your doing well at convincing me otherwise :D:D

Good, don't leave. We'd like to know more about you.

Why don't you start a new thread and tell us more about yourself. Or, you can start a thread that says "3 things that you want to know about Lone Wolf" and we can ask you questions. How does that sound:-3

Happy New Year Lone Wolf. I hope your new year is bright and cheery:-6
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

sounds dangerous lol

happy new year to you all as well

LW

Snooz

i may leave

Post by Snooz »

I don't think I've ever even talking to you before so hopefully it's not my 'bitchy' attitude that's scaring you off.
Kathy Ellen

i may leave

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Lone Wolf;1443683 wrote: sounds dangerous lol

happy new year to you all as well

LW

It can be dangerous, but that's part of the fun.:-3. You can also 'plead the 5th if you don't want to answer a question.

OK, I'll start....

1. What's your real 1st name or nickname?

2. What's your favorite place to visit?

3. What are your favorite sports?
AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Snooz;1443685 wrote: I don't think I've ever even talking to you before so hopefully it's not my 'bitchy' attitude that's scaring you off.

That's interesting (kinda funny, too)----What makes you think he may have meant You??
Snooz

i may leave

Post by Snooz »

It's always about me, Anne. ALWAYS.
jones jones

i may leave

Post by jones jones »

Usually when an FG member gives notice that he/she is gonna leave, it means they want all and sundry to like go: "Aaah please don't go man!"

That ain't gonna happen dude. Go or stay ... the shows gonna go on.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Bruv

i may leave

Post by Bruv »

jones jones;1443742 wrote: Usually when an FG member gives notice that he/she is gonna leave, it means they want all and sundry to like go: "Aaah please don't go man!"

That ain't gonna happen dude. Go or stay ... the shows gonna go on.

ROFPMSL....or is it PMSROFL ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Patsy Warnick

i may leave

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lone Wolf

you sound troubled?

all this conversation and there's not a question here?

what is it your wanting to discuss?

Patsy
AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think Lone Wolf might be too depressed to speak. I have gone through that myself that after years of talking & getting nowhere, or getting in trouble for what I say, or feeling no one is listening anyway .......... well, I like to read Victorian style mysteries. There's always this line in every one of them, no matter who the author......"Keep your own counsel".

I am learning how to speak & communicate again after years of not doing so. It felt useless & not to my advantage. That was depression doing the talking by not talking. It's a kind of surrender, of giving up.

After not speaking or writing for years, communication has to be re-learned & sometimes that's difficult.

I mean, his name is a tip-off, right?
AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1443744 wrote: ROFPMSL....or is it PMSROFL ?

Huh?
Patsy Warnick

i may leave

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Yes, Anne

your right

Patsy
Oscar Namechange

i may leave

Post by Oscar Namechange »

AnneBoleyn;1443747 wrote: Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post

ROFPMSL....or is it PMSROFL ?

It's Facebook lingo Anne.

ROFPMSL.... Rolling on floor p.issing myself laughing.... or vice versa
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

i may leave

Lone Wolf

I didn't know you when you were here first but I am sorry to see you've had problems. Depression Is a cruel act to deal with and myself, I suffered for a year a few years back. I was lucky In that I jerked myself back up by the stirrups and was able to get on with life and look forward again.

What I can say, Is that It's easier to take one day at a time, not expect too much of others and deal with the small things one at a time.

What I have noticed since you returned Is that you haven't joined In much contributing to other members threads. Now this will sound harsh but how can you expect to fit In and feel part of the forum If you are not posting and contributing? That's like going to a party, sitting In the corner on your own and then complaining that the party was rubbish.

Yes, there Is an element of b.itchiness at times but that's life. You wouldn't expect everyone you know In real life to be best of friends all the time. Having said that, when I first joined 5 years ago, there was a gang mentality here that was just downright vicious. In comparison, FG today Is a good place to be.

Most members here have formed friendships outside of FG and over the years, personalities have come Into postings here. Exactly the same as personalities In real life but It's not real malice. Just because members may fall out over a thread or subject doesn't mean we wish anyone any malice. Some members here are just plain speaking.

I hope you reconsider and stick around. FG has some wonderful people here, people who supported me during a tough time In my life. Join In a little more and the feeling of Isolation will diminish In time.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

Kathy Ellen;1443686 wrote: It can be dangerous, but that's part of the fun.:-3. You can also 'plead the 5th if you don't want to answer a question.

OK, I'll start....

1. What's your real 1st name or nickname?The 5th lol but LW are my real initials

2. What's your favorite place to visit? south wales / quiet side of Ibiza

3. What are your favorite sports? some motorsport

Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

oscar;1443762 wrote: Lone Wolf

I didn't know you when you were here first but I am sorry to see you've had problems. Depression Is a cruel act to deal with and myself, I suffered for a year a few years back. I was lucky In that I jerked myself back up by the stirrups and was able to get on with life and look forward again.

What I can say, Is that It's easier to take one day at a time, not expect too much of others and deal with the small things one at a time.

What I have noticed since you returned Is that you haven't joined In much contributing to other members threads. Now this will sound harsh but how can you expect to fit In and feel part of the forum If you are not posting and contributing? That's like going to a party, sitting In the corner on your own and then complaining that the party was rubbish.

Yes, there Is an element of b.itchiness at times but that's life. You wouldn't expect everyone you know In real life to be best of friends all the time. Having said that, when I first joined 5 years ago, there was a gang mentality here that was just downright vicious. In comparison, FG today Is a good place to be.

Most members here have formed friendships outside of FG and over the years, personalities have come Into postings here. Exactly the same as personalities In real life but It's not real malice. Just because members may fall out over a thread or subject doesn't mean we wish anyone any malice. Some members here are just plain speaking.

I hope you reconsider and stick around. FG has some wonderful people here, people who supported me during a tough time In my life. Join In a little more and the feeling of Isolation will diminish In time.

That's like going to a party, sitting In the corner ,,,,,,,,untill u have been there you;ll never understand tho i wouldnt wish it on anyone, 35 years there and it gets comfortable and safe

Oscar Namechange

i may leave

Lone Wolf;1443784 wrote: That's like going to a party, sitting In the corner ,,,,,,,,untill u have been there you;ll never understand tho i wouldnt wish it on anyone, 35 years there and it gets comfortable and safe

Then I think you need help and support. Try to join In here a little more... make some new friends who may support you In the real life world.

It sounds like It Is a way of life for you and trying to break the cycle of 35 years will take some doing but you can do It.

I feel for you desperately and don;t know what else to suggest but at least stick around FG and let your friends support you.
AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Lone Wolf;1443784 wrote: That's like going to a party, sitting In the corner ,,,,,,,,untill u have been there you;ll never understand tho i wouldnt wish it on anyone, 35 years there and it gets comfortable and safe

I know exactly what you mean. If comfort & safety were bringing happiness, though, why do you want to leave it? Because it is not fulfilling you. You Do have needs outside the zone, you just don't know how to get them. You feel you lack the skills necessary, so it is easier to content yourself by keeping in------but then, back to square one of not being fulfilled.

I'm frustrated right now, I just cut my finger & find it hard to type.
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

AnneBoleyn;1443786 wrote: I know exactly what you mean. If comfort & safety were bringing happiness, though, why do you want to leave it? Because it is not fulfilling you. You Do have needs outside the zone, you just don't know how to get them. You feel you lack the skills necessary, so it is easier to content yourself by keeping in------but then, back to square one of not being fulfilled.

I'm frustrated right now, I just cut my finger & find it hard to type.

i cut 3 fingers in a week one being my text thumb,,i feel your frustration lol

AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Lone Wolf;1443787 wrote: i cut 3 fingers in a week one being my text thumb,,i feel your frustration lol

But what about what I said......does it ring any bells of recognition?
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

AnneBoleyn;1443788 wrote: But what about what I said......does it ring any bells of recognition?

i dont think i need to answer that ' do i '

AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

To be "normal" & have some of what 'they' have, YES, we must learn to answer.
AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Being "Socialized" is Learned Behavior. Takes practice.
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

AnneBoleyn;1443790 wrote: To be "normal" & have some of what 'they' have, YES, we must learn to answer.

lol your either related to Yoda or you have been there , thats the only way i can see you know these things, even councilors / therapists dont understand

AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I've been there & although I've learned to contain it (somewhat) I'm Still There. I wonder if I'll Die There. Trying not to, but maybe we are what we are what we are.
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

well its time for me to hit the hay.

i will return tomorrow same time say place

some one said weeks back something that hit hope ' why would anyone want to be with me ' about them not me

few days later that hit home , its true why would anyone ? id never thought thats why i am like i am . so ive lived with that for all my life and never realized

well you wanted to know me there is a window ....

till next time signing off LW

AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

good night, good dreams
Patsy Warnick

i may leave

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Anne

As I thought LW is troubled

you seem to communicate well with LW and your beneficial to LW.

Lots of love to both of you.

Patsy
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

i wouldnt say trouble, but guess it depends on what you mean by that, to be content would be nice to be loved would be nice and liked my some one kind that i could share my liife with would be nice, but I fear thats not the card ive been delt, its hard to put more detail inot this as its public forum im not sure i want to share more , peoples opinions can be more damaging that i can prob deal with be direct sympathetic or other

Oscar Namechange

i may leave

Lone Wolf;1443820 wrote: i wouldnt say trouble, but guess it depends on what you mean by that, to be content would be nice to be loved would be nice and liked my some one kind that i could share my liife with would be nice, but I fear thats not the card ive been delt, its hard to put more detail inot this as its public forum im not sure i want to share more , peoples opinions can be more damaging that i can prob deal with be direct sympathetic or other

Taking a partner should never be a substitute for lonliness. You can be surrounded by people In life and still feel lonely If they are not your people.
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

i will think about that, at this min i find it hard to take that in, but why would it be a substitute its that i dont get at this point

Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

for the record this post was started just to say i was going to the people who i had spoke to, found it a bit rude not to , thats just me....there was no other reason or hidden motive ..

i realy dont like it when people take it upon them selves to judge or make assumptions..when they have no idea.

for the record

AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LW: "i realy dont like it when people take it upon them selves to judge or make assumptions..when they have no idea."

Everyone does that all the time, & probably you do too, even if you're not judging your own assumptions as anything negative. You're a grown man, who cares who thinks what about whom? It makes no difference.
Kathy Ellen

i may leave

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Keep the faith Lone Wolf!!
AnneBoleyn

i may leave

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Lonliness is the worst, most horrible thing that can happen to a human. Obviously, I don't mean "being alone." People can & do die from lonliness, it's the most sickening feeling one can have. It's a curse. The reasons for lonliness-----well, I just can't be sure, there are many reasons to choose from. There are many methods to deal with it. Whether they work or not------well, I just can't be sure. Sometimes, there are no good reasons, no right answers.
Patsy Warnick

i may leave

Post by Patsy Warnick »

LW

your OP is about you may leave

I sensed more - troubled is a general term - meaning there was more to your OP.

You haven't been forth coming with info so we don't know?

You've opened up a little and hopefully we can be of some help to you.

I hope you have some one close you may open up to.

Have you kept a journal? Are you seeking prof. help?

I'm sorry I can't be of more help

Patsy
JacksDad

i may leave

Post by JacksDad »

I've always found you to be a ray of sunshine when I was at my worst.

You can't leave now that I'm back!

Just sayin. ;)
Lone Wolf

i may leave

Post by Lone Wolf »

JacksDad;1443841 wrote: I've always found you to be a ray of sunshine when I was at my worst.

You can't leave now that I'm back!

Just sayin. ;)

i dont recall ever speaking to you have u changed your name ?

Return to “General Chit Chat”