More Than 3,000 U.S. Prisoners Locked Up for Life Without Parole for Non-Violent Crim

LarsMac

More Than 3,000 U.S. Prisoners Locked Up for Life Without Parole for Non-Violent Crim

Post by LarsMac »

I found adaptation to mine eventually unacceptable, and opted for abandoning the dependencies.

It is amazing the rationalizations and justifications an addict will devise to support his habit. Many could be quite productive if they were clever enough to make a living adequate to support all the necessities of living and their habits. Problem is, like most people on limited income, they must make choices, and usually they choose the less practical options, making their problems somebody else's problems.

I once new some junkies who had genuinely developed an equilibrium that made their lives very stable. If all addicts could do that, it would be truly amazing.

My dad was quite good at managing his, most of the time, and when it was time to quit, he just walked away from the addictions.

The problem is that most addicts will give up EVERYTHING to keep the habit, and the become very adept at finding suckers to take care of the rest for them.

And when they are caught up, and in the crap, they can be the most pitiable undeserving victims in the world.

Nothing is ever their fault, or their problem.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1441161 wrote: Being around, Drunks, junkies, speedfreaks and crackheads for 45 years, and seeing them all for what they really can be kinda colors your viewpoint.

Don't think for a minute that they don't realize what they are doing.

We (the family) have just the last couple of days been dealing with a whole new adventure. I have decided it is not the nephew that should be shot, but his enabling mother.

You're an interesting man, LarsMac.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1441197 wrote: You're an interesting man, LarsMac.

I don't know that I am all that interesting, but I have lived in interesting times, as the old Chinese curse goes.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1441163 wrote: I found adaptation to mine eventually unacceptable, and opted for abandoning the dependencies.

It is amazing the rationalizations and justifications an addict will devise to support his habit. Many could be quite productive if they were clever enough to make a living adequate to support all the necessities of living and their habits. Problem is, like most people on limited income, they must make choices, and usually they choose the less practical options, making their problems somebody else's problems.

I once new some junkies who had genuinely developed an equilibrium that made their lives very stable. If all addicts could do that, it would be truly amazing.

My dad was quite good at managing his, most of the time, and when it was time to quit, he just walked away from the addictions.

The problem is that most addicts will give up EVERYTHING to keep the habit, and the become very adept at finding suckers to take care of the rest for them.

And when they are caught up, and in the crap, they can be the most pitiable undeserving victims in the world.

Nothing is ever their fault, or their problem.Abandoning the dependency is an eventuality one way or another.

I was much like your dad I expect - and productive.

As for the problem portion: it really only becomes the problem of others if they permit that to occur. Unfortunately, as one lets that happen then someone who cares for that person accepts part ownership and so on until a bunch of people find themselves wrapped up in the issue. Hands off is very difficult.

Nothing is ever the addicts fault or problem because at the time they don't see what's going on as a problem. Addicts do usually behave as excellent salespeople though, don't they.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I thought life sentences was only given for murder or grosse crimes like serial rapists etc.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

fuzzywuzzy;1441258 wrote: I thought life sentences was only given for murder or grosse crimes like serial rapists etc.

Many of us intended three strikes it to be life, but in reality it usually ends up to be a very long time. Maybe just as well. As some get older they just don't have the energy, desire to go about robbing, gang banging etc. Let them out, it is easier on the taxpayer.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.

Return to “Crimes Trials”