US Police Taser 11 year old Autistic girl

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Police taser 11-year-old autistic girl found wandering naked along highway - YouTube

I really am lost for words for once.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

oscar;1430323 wrote: Police taser 11-year-old autistic girl found wandering naked along highway - YouTube

I really am lost for words for once.

Here's some more: Miami Police Arrest 14-Year-Old After “Dehumanizing Stares"

Miami Police Arrest 14-Year-Old After “Dehumanizing Stares" | News | BET

Nuts. Totally. The way you look at a cop is a cause for a beatdown, leading to felony arrest of a kid victim.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I keep reading/hearing worse and worse police brutality stories lately.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

uh, how is the girl doing?

She safe now?

OSP investigates tasering of naked 11-year-old girl along Ashland highway

How are the parent(s) doing now?

They/he/she safe?
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Oscar Namechange

Where Is the compassion ?

If I saw even a naked women late at night, my first thought would be ' has she been attacked even raped'. Is she freezing to death etc etc.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I have to come down on the officers side here. She was walking along I-5, one of the most heavily used interstates in America. People get run down on it all the time, people commit suicide on it all the time. Normal people don't just casually stroll naked down I-5.

If I were the officer I would have drove up and my first priority would have been to get the girl out of danger. Apparently she was taller than your average 11 year old so if that's true I'd think she was teenager with issues or on god knows what kind of drugs. I'd think she was possibly suicidal. I'd tase her on the spot if she didn't cooperate immediately. We can all sit here in judgement of the officer and his actions while conveniently forgetting we were not there, in his shoes.

In this case I will side with the officer, there are plenty of others I do not.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Listen closely. Pay attention to detail.

Father of Tased Child Challenges OSP | KDRV
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Scrat;1430359 wrote: I have to come down on the officers side here. She was walking along I-5, one of the most heavily used interstates in America. People get run down on it all the time, people commit suicide on it all the time. Normal people don't just casually stroll naked down I-5.

If I were the officer I would have drove up and my first priority would have been to get the girl out of danger. Apparently she was taller than your average 11 year old so if that's true I'd think she was teenager with issues or on god knows what kind of drugs. I'd think she was possibly suicidal. I'd tase her on the spot if she didn't cooperate immediately. We can all sit here in judgement of the officer and his actions while conveniently forgetting we were not there, in his shoes.

It was a female cop. The father describes the child as "husky" which is another word for big/overweight, not necessarily tall. The cab driver said she was walking along the side of the road, not in it... that was what the cop claims in defense of her decision to taser. I was under the impression that cops were to use a taser if a suspect was violent or a threat to the officer which clearly was not the case in this situation. This is right up there with deciding that an approaching dog is threatening and shooting it dead.
Oscar Namechange

In the OP Video. the Taxi driver clearly states she was walking along the side of the road.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Walking along the side of the road trying to time her leap into the next oncoming vehicle just right? This happened at 4 in the morning, it doesn't freaking matter if she was walking down the side of the road. You ever been out on a road at night? Cars flashing by, headlight beams distorting shapes and shadows moving? I doubt the officer could see details at all.

In the OP Video. the Taxi driver clearly states she was walking along the side of the road.

Apparently at one point she was running across the lanes of traffic according to someone. That's a death wish not only for her but possibly others.

Pay attention to details and use logic. Stop letting your emotions run your thought processes.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Scrat;1430359 wrote: I have to come down on the officers side here. She was walking along I-5, one of the most heavily used interstates in America. People get run down on it all the time, people commit suicide on it all the time. Normal people don't just casually stroll naked down I-5.

I agree with you. Wish we had like buttons for posts.

If it wasn't a freakish situation, why didn't or couldn't the guy that called it in get her to stop?

and for the record, I don't know if she was white, black or purple. If my daughter is wandering down the interstate, non-responsive, do what you feel you need to do to get her somewhere safe.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

Post by Snooz »

The cab driver probably didn't want to lay hands on a naked female for obvious reasons. And if the cop had the choice of handcuffing your daughter or planting her face first in gravel and broken glass on the side of a road, I suspect you'd prefer the first option.
Oscar Namechange

Again, the driver clearly states she was not walking In the road but alongside It. He clearly says that with back up, taser would not have been needed.

How come, If he could see her so clearly, the officer Is claiming It was so dark she didn't realise she was a juvenile?

How come the officer didn't just try taking her arm and guiding her towards the police car or just kept driving alongside her keeping her on the Inside of the road ?

It seems the officer misjudged the girl for just another naked hooker high on drugs who deserved to me manhandled.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1430374 wrote: The cab driver probably didn't want to lay hands on a naked female for obvious reasons. And if the cop had the choice of handcuffing your daughter or planting her face first in gravel and broken glass on the side of a road, I suspect you'd prefer the first option.

Life is full of 'if's, Snooze. If the cop had the choice of having the girl not run away from her home again, I'd choose that option first. Why didn't those parents have alarms on the doors and windows?

The officer dealt with the situation as she found it, not as hindsight offers up to all the critics. If she had shot the girl in the leg to stop her, I would be right there with you and Oscar.

that she came up on a freakishly dangerous situation, told an unresponsive person twice that she was going to taze her if she didn't stop, immediately sought medical treatment - I'm just not seeing where she coldly and callously abused this person.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

I have to agree that the parents need to answer why she was just able to walk out and away from the house.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

The side of highway is a dangerous. That is why it is illegal for pedestrians to be walking or standing in that area. That area is barely wide enough to fit a standard semi truck. If somebody has to pull their car or truck over, it would not be a pretty sight.

Cops aren't mind readers, had little time to evaluate a dangerous situation. Dad should be grateful to the cop.

Apparently kid is now healthy and safe. Well if back at home, maybe not safe.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Except it was 4 AM in Ashland Oregon. The cop probably had a little time to evaluate the situation before rush hour started.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Again, the driver clearly states she was not walking In the road but alongside It. He clearly says that with back up, taser would not have been needed.

How come, If he could see her so clearly, the officer Is claiming It was so dark she didn't realise she was a juvenile?

How come the officer didn't just try taking her arm and guiding her towards the police car or just kept driving alongside her keeping her on the Inside of the road ?

It seems the officer misjudged the girl for just another naked hooker high on drugs who deserved to me manhandled.

Oscar. I guess in West Sussex you don't have 4 to 16 lane superhighways filled with traffic where at 4 am in the morning 100s of vehicles pass any given point on the road and during the day 10 to 20 thousand. Breaking down on one of these highways and stopping at the wrong spot can potentially cost you your life whether you stay in your car or get out and run for your life. These are high speed highways, when I'm on them I tend to go with the herd and the speed is usually 80mph if not more. It's no sunday drive down a country lane, it's one step away from roller ball. I have a friend that is a tow truck driver, those guys get killed all the time on our highways. Any American on this forum knows exactly what I'm talking about unless they live in a cave and ride a horse or donkey.

My point is the girl was in imminent danger of sudden death and putting the lives of others at risk. The officer did what was necessary to quickly solve the problem before anyone got killed. She made the best decision she could have. Give her a medal.

Oscar Namechange

Although Penny Farthings are the favoured mode of transport In West Sussex along with Steam railway, hay cart and tractor, we did get electricity and running water around 5 years ago.

I don't know what your vision of West Sussex Is but we do have superhighways you know. How do you think poor working class people get to Brighton beach for their holiday?

A27 road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note... the link correctly states ' the A27 it is one of the busiest trunk roads in the UK.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

This give and idea of what that highway looks like. The report of the girl said she was between mileposts 18 and 19.

I-5 Mile post 17.7

The kind of place likely to be very dark at 4:00 am.

Interstate 5 Oregon Freeway Road Conditions, Weather, and Traffic Web Cams
Oscar Namechange

No different to my road In West Sussex

Arundel Road (A27) West Sussex (England) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Very dark most likely on I-5 that night. While the officer was trying to assess the situation there was most likely cars coming by with bright lights on completely destroying what night vision she had, the shadows would be shifting and her eyes constantly trying to adjust. She was probably half blind most of the time. The officer made the best decision she could have.

Your A-27 may be worse at night Oscar.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Scrat;1430407 wrote: Oscar. I guess in West Sussex you don't have 4 to 16 lane superhighways filled with traffic where at 4 am in the morning 100s of vehicles pass any given point on the road and during the day 10 to 20 thousand. Breaking down on one of these highways and stopping at the wrong spot can potentially cost you your life whether you stay in your car or get out and run for your life. These are high speed highways, when I'm on them I tend to go with the herd and the speed is usually 80mph if not more. It's no sunday drive down a country lane, it's one step away from roller ball. I have a friend that is a tow truck driver, those guys get killed all the time on our highways. Any American on this forum knows exactly what I'm talking about unless they live in a cave and ride a horse or donkey.

My point is the girl was in imminent danger of sudden death and putting the lives of others at risk. The officer did what was necessary to quickly solve the problem before anyone got killed. She made the best decision she could have. Give her a medal.

We may not have have 4 to 16 lane motorways but we have four to six lane ones occasionally up to 8 with just as much traffic if not more sometimes they look more like car parks than motorways. Didn't realise you could go so fast in the US I was under the impression 50mph was the national speed limit or something.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Scrat;1430445 wrote: Very dark most likely on I-5 that night. While the officer was trying to assess the situation there was most likely cars coming by with bright lights on completely destroying what night vision she had, the shadows would be shifting and her eyes constantly trying to adjust. She was probably half blind most of the time. The officer made the best decision she could have.

Your A-27 may be worse at night Oscar.

I see you modified your post to take the part about 16 lane highways out, because... yeah, that's not exactly the case here.

I still think there were better options.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

SnoozeAgain;1430488 wrote: I see you modified your post to take the part about 16 lane highways out, because... yeah, that's not exactly the case here.

I still think there were better options.

As far as anybody knows, the girl is at home in good health. Can't comprehend the problem.

Cop did a good job.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

gmc;1430464 wrote: We may not have have 4 to 16 lane motorways but we have four to six lane ones occasionally up to 8 with just as much traffic if not more sometimes they look more like car parks than motorways. Didn't realise you could go so fast in the US I was under the impression 50mph was the national speed limit or something.

Not at all. States vary, many like Kansas it can be up to 75 mph.

Oregon

With the exception of temporary construction or emergency speed zones orders, all speed zones on I-5, I-82, I-84, I-105, I-205 & I-405 are set at 65 MPH

Trucks in Oregon and three other states is 55mph, stupid as that is.
Oscar Namechange

HA You think you've got roads ?

Top this !!!

Birmingham, England. click to enlarge

Attached files
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I believe officially the speed limit in Montana is 65 at night with daytime speed limits "at the drivers discretion considering safety concerns". I.E. if you're doing 120 down the highway in a rainstorm they'll pull you over and ticket you. I myself have traveled from FT Peck to Libby Mt doing 110 mph most of the way. I was passed by more than one person along the way also.
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

I see you modified your post to take the part about 16 lane highways out, because... yeah, that's not exactly the case here.

LAME!!! lameLAMELAMELAMElame!! In a rural area like that it is probably actually worse to be wandering on the road.

Return to “Current Events”