UK to fight EU plans to cap Bankers bonus's...

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

UK to fight EU plan to cap bankers' bonuses | Business | guardian.co.uk

Britain is to challenge an EU agreement to slash bankers' bonuses at a meeting of European finance ministers next week after Boris Johnson condemned the proposal as a "deluded measure".

Amid fears that the EU agreement could deal a hammer blow to the City of London, David Cameron said EU regulations needed to be flexible enough to allow international banks to operate in Britain and the rest of the European Union.

George Osborne or the Treasury minister Greg Clark will represent Britain at the meeting next week to relay what No 10 described as real concerns about the proposal.

The agreement in Brussels came as the Royal Bank of Scotland posted losses of more than £5bn after paying out more than £600m in bonuses. No 10 said it had imposed cash limits of £2,000 on bonuses at RBS and Lloyds and was giving a greater say to shareholders in all banks.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

oscar;1421767 wrote: UK to fight EU plan to cap bankers' bonuses | Business | guardian.co.uk

Britain is to challenge an EU agreement to slash bankers' bonuses at a meeting of European finance ministers next week after Boris Johnson condemned the proposal as a "deluded measure".

Amid fears that the EU agreement could deal a hammer blow to the City of London, David Cameron said EU regulations needed to be flexible enough to allow international banks to operate in Britain and the rest of the European Union.

George Osborne or the Treasury minister Greg Clark will represent Britain at the meeting next week to relay what No 10 described as real concerns about the proposal.

The agreement in Brussels came as the Royal Bank of Scotland posted losses of more than £5bn after paying out more than £600m in bonuses. No 10 said it had imposed cash limits of £2,000 on bonuses at RBS and Lloyds and was giving a greater say to shareholders in all banks.

They come out with this argument they don't want to scare away all the talent.

I think if you took a poll of the british public they would say good riddance to all of them.

I think we should have a punch a monetarist day. What say you oscar?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1421776 wrote: They come out with this argument they don't want to scare away all the talent.

I think if you took a poll of the british public they would say good riddance to all of them.

I think we should have a punch a monetarist day. What say you oscar? I can see both sides here. On one hand I agree, It would scare away International banks and talent but on the other hand, there's something quite repulsive about our bankers being rewarded for failure.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Rewards for failure, as certainly happens here is not Capitalism in any way. And "talent"??? I really question that, I really do.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

They paid the incompetent bankers bonuses for failure out of the customer's money, now they are paying them directly from Tax payers money.

Why not try NOT paying them bonuses and see what happens.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

News Headlines just on this minute.

They want to limit Bonuses to JUST a years salary................or two years with agreement from shareholders.

Im a bleeding tax payer.....so a shareholder and I say NO!!!
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Talent??? LMAO!!! Talented thieves at best and a burden to society. It's time for them to leave I would think.

These people lose billions, the government/taxpayers bail them out and they get bonuses? Is there any common sense left in this world?
gmc

Post by gmc »

Scrat;1421826 wrote: Talent??? LMAO!!! Talented thieves at best and a burden to society. It's time for them to leave I would think.

These people lose billions, the government/taxpayers bail them out and they get bonuses? Is there any common sense left in this world?

Yes and with any luck and a bot more provocation maybe we'll all get together and kick the **** out of our politicians. There are mass protests going on all over the place but you''d think we were all just lying back and taking this. If the italians can elect a comedian maybe we should give the raving monster loony party a go.

Return to “Current Political Events”