Looks like another chain is to bite the dust

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
abbey

Post by abbey »

If you have Comet gift cards/vouchers, for safety use then in store (not online) asap tomorrow morning for goods you can buy there and then. If it its going into administration then they could become worthless.:(

Comet edges towards administration - FT.com
Týr

Post by Týr »

There's a fair comment on the Register this morning -Even before the rise in internet sales, Comet was moving from a shed where you could buy stuff cheaper than elsewhere to a place where spotty know-nothings tried to flog you an extended warranty.

Ailing Comet at last prayers: Cawing of accountants and VCs fills air • The Channel

Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
Týr

Post by Týr »

BBC News - Comet calls in Deloitte as administrators

Attached files
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Walmart is killing all the local shops around here. Everyone shops there because their prices are so low, two local grocers go out of business and presto, Walmart prices rise.

Folks don't get that it is in our long term best interests to spread the business around.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

The downfall of Comet Is their own fault. they relied on retail when the world around them was changing and they failed to fore-see that and keep up. By not selling on line, they were doomed. They should have had the fore-sight to see Internet sales being the main source these days Instead of relying on people going to retail stores.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Týr

Post by Týr »

Did Comet not sell online? My recollection is that they did.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Týr;1409689 wrote: Did Comet not sell online? My recollection is that they did.

I think they did, I certainly used their online site over the years to check stock, reserve goods and then picked them up myself to cut out delivery charges.

They were a better company to deal with than curry's, and cheaper.

Return to “General Chit Chat”