About to become a Vapourizer

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
koan

Post by koan »

It sounds somewhat ominous but it's for the greater good. One of our customers sells a smoking alternative that she claims is more rewarding than tailor-mades. I can choose my aroma and it produces both the smoke puffs and the hit to the lungs that makes me love smoking so much. Minus the cost and the harmful additives. It's not like giving up smoking, it's like purifying it and keeping all the things you love while losing all the things you had to put up with.

I've quit using a lot of methods. I'm not quitting this time... I'm perfecting.
koan

Post by koan »

The report:

Really glad I took my girlfriend with me to investigate. After about an hour of all the customers eager to teach us all we need to know about their awesome hobby, and a bunch of technical jargon neither of us could understand, I left with a $60 dollar mid quality pipe and about a two week supply of their premium "juice" (medium strength nicotine of two different flavours) Will probably only cost $10/wk instead of $42 and is way more enjoyable than puffing on a cigarette. I don't feel like I've given up smoking, I just isolated all the parts I love and lost all the parts that sucked. We went back to my place and vaped for a few hours without having to go outside. Felt like the Caterpillar in Alice In Wonderland smoking my hookah pipe and passing it around. Very social habit. Everyone in the store offered a hit off their pipe so I could taste the different flavours available.

They said I'll find that if I vape in public I'll encounter the occasional crotchety people who insist I not vape in their presence... even though it doesn't smell and the "smoke" breathed out is water vapour with no toxins or pollutants. I guess complaining is their habit. lol
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Congrats! One of the nice things is that you can taper the nicotine level down so gradually that you won't suffer any of the withdrawal symptoms. You probably know this already, but there is a wealth of information and experience at the ECF Forums.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
koan

Post by koan »

I'm specifically not quitting, I'm switching. I'm not good at quitting. Found today that there are a few times when the habit of taking a literal smoke break were hard to adjust. Not sure co-workers will approve of my vaping in the lunch room until they realize it really isn't smoke so if I'm going outside I feel like I should have a "real" smoke. One of the ladies in the shop said she had two or three cigarettes a day for the first week until they started to taste like "ass" in comparison. Funny enough, every person who vapes describes cigarettes as tasting like "ass" now. I don't know what ass tastes like so I'm not sure I'll be making that connection.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I keep a spare carto handy for those times when I want something different, like a strong menthol kick. What type of rig did you end up with?
koan

Post by koan »

It's a twist so I can control the heat and intensity output, though I haven't figured out how to experiment with the different wicks.

It's a mix between these two, with the smaller base and the larger reservoir.

Attached files
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

With a little mini tank, I see. Cool. Mine is a box with a lock button, a vape button, and a dial for voltage (heat/intensity). I wanted to play with the circuit a bit.
koan

Post by koan »

The dial type is a good idea for starting out. The vapers in the shop called it "finding your sweet spot" :wah:

I have no idea how a first time vaper could decide which pipe voltage or wick was right without having options to experiment. It's also a slightly different kind of inhale so takes a bit of practice to figure out how to get the right kind of "hit" to replace the sensations cigarettes used to give me. I'm not worried too much about giving in to a few cigarettes for the first week. Physical habit is a big part of the addiction. I found myself standing by the patio door trying to figure out what I was doing there then realise I just ate and automatically went through the motions for my after dinner smoke.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I hear you. I kept my little box mod outside at my normal smoking spot and kept the remaining pack of cigarettes inside in a drawer. That way, when I suddenly found myself going to my smoking spot I had the choice of just sitting down to vape or going back into the house, taking one cigarette and a lighter out of the drawer and then going back outside. I just made it so that it was a lot easier to do what I wanted to do than go through the hoops to do it the way I did as a smoker. It helped.

Return to “General Chit Chat”