Natural Born Killers.

jones jones

Natural Born Killers.

Post by jones jones »

As a writer I am always looking for the story behind the story … the image behind the image. So I wonder, do some people have a disposition to violence? Are they unable to decide between right and wrong or does their upbringing contribute towards them becoming a psychopath or not?

In other words … are some of us born to kill?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
LarsMac

Natural Born Killers.

Post by LarsMac »

Most of us have that "killer instinct" within our genetic make-up.

It is part of the animal instincts for survival.

In civilized society the instinct is repressed by our upbringing, but in some that is not the case.

Stress is known to excite the "fight or flight" mechanism, and perhaps under the pressure of constant stress many humans simply break down the repressing influences, until psychotic behavior results.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
K.Snyder

Natural Born Killers.

Post by K.Snyder »

I don't believe one person is born with any instinct to kill not even a fly. It's the child's upbringing entirely to do with how they behave in society. Someone that "kills" another human being, in the context the thread was started in, is an individual without a lesson in how to cope with the specific circumstance(s)(I would think with most of the emphasis on the initial one) of which lead to the "kill".

I'd watched a film called "Bang, bang, you're dead" last night and thought it was terrific and the actors portrayed the current crisis we seem to have in the states quite brilliantly. I recommend that every school teacher show the film to children beginning at the age of 12 to perhaps 35(Maybe older)
along-for-the-ride

Natural Born Killers.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

K.Snyder;1400302 wrote: I don't believe one person is born with any instinct to kill not even a fly. It's the child's upbringing entirely to do with how they behave in society. Someone that "kills" another human being, in the context the thread was started in, is an individual without a lesson in how to cope with the specific circumstance(s)(I would think with most of the emphasis on the initial one) of which lead to the "kill".

I'd watched a film called "Bang, bang, you're dead" last night and thought it was terrific and the actors portrayed the current crisis we seem to have in the states quite brilliantly. I recommend that every school teacher show the film to children beginning at the age of 12 to perhaps 35(Maybe older)

Bang Bang You're Dead Trailer - YouTube
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

Natural Born Killers.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have been watching a series on Sky on this subject. Different killer each week.

There does seem to be contributing factors:

Witnessing domestic violence as a child.

Being a victim of violence as a child.

Neglect as a child.

Head Injury at some point of their early life,

I would say myself that killers are conditioned, not born.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Crimes Trials”