How To Get To Heaven When You Die

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

[QUOTE=littleCJelkton;1392883]So you believe that Pecos Bill Rode Tornadoes? Or that there is a lady in a lake with a magic sword in England somewhere[/QUO

If there were thousands of people attesting to it, numerous first hand eyewitness acounts of it, historical writings of it, church writings of it and other writings of it, I would have to stop and say, Hmmm, maybe I should believe the people who were actually there instead of thinking that I know more because they were there and I wasn't.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Saint_;1393070 wrote: Not to throw a hammer into the works, but isn't it true that the Bible wasn't written down on paper, and was passed by word of mouth for over two hundred years?

I'm sure alot of the early Christians didn't own physical bibles. I do know that they could pay money to read the bible for a certain amount of time each day. That doesn't change the fact that the bible wasn't changed. It was written down and preserved.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Well Frodo, to the other side, your side, of the argument (that is to say, there being a Heaven or at least existence after death...) I have this to add:

For a year, I was getting sicker. The doctors couldn't figure it out. I felt like I was filled with wet cement, I was getting stiffer and stiffer, and the pain was incredible. (They tell me now that it compares to childbirth) By the time the year was up, I literally couldn't walk. I had to use a cane and I could barely shuffle, and if I sat down, I couldn't get up. I was even beginning to have trouble focusing my eyes. Since I couldn't eat due to the pain, I had lost over 70 lbs. and looked like a Holocaust survivor. My friends told me I looked like a living skeleton.

One night, about midnight, I woke with a terrible feeling. I was sick! Something was desperately wrong with me! Not just the pain I had been feeling, but something much, much worse! I tried to call out to my wife, but my voice wouldn't work. I fell out of the bed and managed to crawl upwards to a standing position using the dresser handles. As I stood there holding on to the dresser, suddenly... I was outside my body!

I was standing behind myself. I could see the back of my own head. And that's weird, because usually you don't get to see that angle. I was looking at the curls that I have back there and my first thought was, "Geez, I need a haircut."

Then, my body lost its hold on the dresser, fingernails scratching the top as the body collapsed heavily to the floor in a heap. It didn't even try to catch itself. It hit hard and bounced a little. I stood there shocked thinking, "Wow, that looked like it hurt!"

Then I realized it... I was outside my body. The recognition was instant and hit me like a wave. Suddenly, I was afraid to move. I felt like I might pop myself like a soap bubble. I turned my "head" slowly to the left... the room was quiet. My wife was still in the bed, sleeping softly. A feeling washed over me. It was a feeling of calm and peace. I was so relieved, I felt great! I wasn't hot or cold, I felt good all over and most of all, the pain of my body was completely gone, I thought, "Oh, that feels so much better!" (I hadn't truly realized just how much pain I had been in until it was lifted.) I felt like someone had rolled a Volkswagon off of me.

Then I saw them....

They looked a lot like candle flames, larger at the bottom and tapering to a smaller and rounded top, but not flickering at all, just softly glowing a warm, white light. They were a little bigger than a football, some were slightly bigger than the rest and they were hovering all around the room at various heights.

I kept scanning and noticed that they were also out on the lawn, and in the street. Through the trees, I could see that they were even on the next block. There were thousands of them! That's when I suddenly realized I was looking right through the wall! Now, you have to understand, this was not some hazy, out of focus vision. Everything was crystal clear. The details of the room were crisp, even more than normal; my sight seemed to have improved.

I realized that these were people, and that they were my people. I wonder, "Why do I have so many people?" The answer came to me as a thought, "Down the generations” I got it right away, a family goes back in time thousands of years, these were all my people from all time.

For what seemed like an eternity, I stood there, feeling the cool night air and drinking in the sensation of being free of the pain. Strangest of all, I wasn't breathing, but I didn't feel the building pressure of holding my breath. I just didn't need to breathe. I wasn't hungry, thirsty, or anything else in fact. Funny thing that.

The little candles flames did nothing however. They seemed to be waiting for something. They told me, "We are waiting," and I felt a great love coming from them.

I looked to my left slowly, to see my body huddled on the floor motionless. The next second there was a flash of light and BAM! I was back in my body. I was completely disoriented and it took a second for me to realized where I was. The angle was strange since I was on the floor on my side and I could see under the bed. The room was very dark again. I realized I was back in my body. My first thought was, "Damn! That DID hurt!" My body was aching in a hundred places from the fall and the pain had viciously returned.

My wife heard my moans and woke up. I told her to take me to the hospital and with great effort we managed to drag my body to the car and drive to the hospital.

The doctors told me that I had had a "coronary incident" and that my heart had stopped beating for as much as two minutes. (I didn't suffer any brain damage, though, since I'm an avid swimmer, and can hold my breath easily for that amount of time.) Since I had technically "died", they decided there might actually be something wrong with me.

They ran 300 blood tests, every one in the book. When they came back the answer was as clear as a bell...RA. Rheumatoid Arthritis, the worst kind. It's not just an inflammation of the joints; it's the exact opposite of AIDS and in the old days, every bit as lethal. My own white blood cells could no longer tell the difference between bad bacteria and my own tissues. They were literally eating me alive.

Once they got to the internal organs, I suffered the heart attack. It was no problem after that, a dose of steroids, an autoimmune suppressor and I was literally dancing a jig (on atrophied muscles) by the end of the day.

I'm back to normal now, a strapping, barrel-chested 220 lbs. I can swim, run a short distance, and I'm even hoping to ski again next year. But I'm changed in a big way. I really never took life for granted, I always knew that every day was precious, but now it's not an abstract concept to me. I smell the flowers. I ride my bike, I make sure to kiss my girl and tell her I love her every day. I made a tree swing for my grandchildren and I swing in it myself every chance I get.

I was certainly never afraid of death, but it's different now. I find it of infinite comfort[U/] to know that you don't cease to exist when your body dies. I had faith before, but it's infinitely stronger now. God was very kind to me for some reason.

I guess I still have something to do here! :o
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Wow Saint! That's a pretty incredible story. I want you to know that I believe you and have heard many stories like it. I do believe that your soul left your body. When you die, your soul does leave your body. Those beings that you saw were likely angels all around you. The love that you felt from them was actually God's love radiating from them. They spend alot of time with God and His love actually seeps into them and radiates out of them. It's not past lives. You only live one life. They knew that you were not actually going to die for good. They have foreknowledge of things to come that we do not have. The condition that you have sounds alot like the condition that I have which was brought on by taking a new type of antibiotic. Have you ever taken Cipro, Levaquin, Floxin or Tenquin?

There is a TV show called "I Survived Beyond and Back" that has testimonies of people who have experienced Near Death Experiences like you did. You should should check it out here and watch some of the testimonies. They are very similar to your story. Leaving their body. Seeing angels.

I Survived Beyond and Back TV Show - Biography.com

One thing that you have to understand is that even in that world, things are not always as they seem. The reason that you felt so much peace isn't merely because your ailments were gone. Even people without ailments experience that peace. Because of sin, our bodies are under a curse. When you leave your body, the curse is lifted in that sense and you feel like the way God intended for you to feel before the fall of man. That's also why your senses are better, ect. You need to understand that you still need to place your faith and trust in Jesus Christ for salvation. While those wonderful moments that you experienced there were indeed wonderful, they wouldn't last long if you don't have that relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Demons would soon appear and would take you away to where you don't want to go. As a child of God, the angels will take you immediately to heaven.

Yes, the Lord has a purpose for all of us. One of them is to place our faith and trust in Jesus Christ for Salvation. I can tell you that with 100% certainty. Read the Bible. It's God's handbook for our lives. When you go back there, don't you want to experience that peace forever?
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Not to worry, I have a great relationship with Jesus. I talk to him all the time. He answers all my prayers that aren't selfish.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

xfrodobagginsx;1393165 wrote: [QUOTE=littleCJelkton;1392883]So you believe that Pecos Bill Rode Tornadoes? Or that there is a lady in a lake with a magic sword in England somewhere[/QUO

If there were thousands of people attesting to it, numerous first hand eyewitness acounts of it, historical writings of it, church writings of it and other writings of it, I would have to stop and say, Hmmm, maybe I should believe the people who were actually there instead of thinking that I know more because they were there and I wasn't.

There are thousands of people attesting to something other than a Christian version of heaven, ther are historical writings for every other religion out there and there are numerous eyewitnesses to all the other religions that have there own synagogue, temple, etc.., writings for their beliefs.., so why am I going to believe these people in history are speaking any more or less truth than those people?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1393340 wrote: [QUOTE=xfrodobagginsx;1393165]

There are thousands of people attesting to something other than a Christian version of heaven, ther are historical writings for every other religion out there and there are numerous eyewitnesses to all the other religions that have there own synagogue, temple, etc.., writings for their beliefs.., so why am I going to believe these people in history are speaking any more or less truth than those people?

Because it's only one piece in the puzzle. Just as God is real, satan is also real and can give people nde's to lead them to believe the lie that they may not recieve salvation. Just because you die, doen't mean that every being there is a good, honest and truthful one. You must place your faith in Jesus Christ. He created heaven and everything that exists. He came down from His throne on high and entered a human body. He backed up the fact that He's God by performing miracles, walking on water, turning water into wine, raising people from the dead and then raising Himself from the dead. That's why I you can believe Him, because no one else could do those things except God Himself.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

xfrodobagginsx;1393411 wrote:

Because it's only one piece in the puzzle. Just as God is real, satan is also real and can give people nde's to lead them to believe the lie that they may not recieve salvation. Just because you die, doen't mean that every being there is a good, honest and truthful one. You must place your faith in Jesus Christ. He created heaven and everything that exists. He came down from His throne on high and entered a human body. He backed up the fact that He's God by performing miracles, walking on water, turning water into wine, raising people from the dead and then raising Himself from the dead. That's why I you can believe Him, because no one else could do those things except God Himself.

No one else can do things God does but God be that god from the OT or New T, the quaran the Torah, the true path, and so on and so forth. Since you are not god you have no better idea than idea which one is right or wrong anymore than I do. Since you are not a better person than me nor I you your beliefs may be your own and mine my own but neither makes us better than the other thus not able to pass judgement on each other. So please try to explain to me how you know the people that attest and write about the Christian faith are any better of a person than a Jew, a Muslim, or a Buddhist?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1393491 wrote: No one else can do things God does but God be that god from the OT or New T, the quaran the Torah, the true path, and so on and so forth. Since you are not god you have no better idea than idea which one is right or wrong anymore than I do. Since you are not a better person than me nor I you your beliefs may be your own and mine my own but neither makes us better than the other thus not able to pass judgement on each other. So please try to explain to me how you know the people that attest and write about the Christian faith are any better of a person than a Jew, a Muslim, or a Buddhist?

God is the Same God in the OT and in the NT. He just deals with man in a different way in each. The Bible says that the Law was our Schoolmaster to teach man that he is a sinner. I am certainly not God and certainly no better than anyone here. I am not passing judgement on anyone here. I am simply telling you what the Bible says so that you may choose life through Jesus Christ.

The People who wrote about the Christian faith are no better than anyone either. They are the actual EYEWITNESSES of the events. They saw Jesus walk on water, turn water into wine, raise the dead, heal the sick, make the blind to see, make the lame to walk, predict His own death and resurrection, then they saw Him crucified and killed, beaten to a pulp, THEN they saw Him ALIVE, walking around. He ate with them AFTER His resurrection. He talked to them AFTER His resurrection. He taught them afterwards. Then they watched as He floated in mid air all of the way up to heaven!

Buddha never performed any miracles. He never rose from the dead. He is still in the grave.

Mohammad never performed any miracles. He never rose from the dead. He is still in the grave.

Confucious never performed any miracles. He never rose from the dead. He is still in the grave.

Jesus Christ DID perform many miracles, proving that He is God. He fulfilled prophecies of His birth, death and life. The world revolves around Him. Our calander, Christmas, Easter, New Year are all about Him for a reason.

Historical writings support Him. (On a side note Historical writings prove the koran false.)

Church writings support Him.

Eyewitness (Biblical) writings support Him.

Non-Cannitical writings support Him.

Why do you believe that George Washington was President of the U.S.? Because it is a historical fact. Jesus Christ dying on the cross and rising from the dead is a historical fact as well. It's just as documented from His day as Washington was from his.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

xfrodobagginsx;1394134 wrote: God is the Same God in the OT and in the NT. He just deals with man in a different way in each. The Bible says that the Law was our Schoolmaster to teach man that he is a sinner. I am certainly not God and certainly no better than anyone here. I am not passing judgement on anyone here. I am simply telling you what the Bible says so that you may choose life through Jesus Christ.

The People who wrote about the Christian faith are no better than anyone either. They are the actual EYEWITNESSES of the events. They saw Jesus walk on water, turn water into wine, raise the dead, heal the sick, make the blind to see, make the lame to walk, predict His own death and resurrection, then they saw Him crucified and killed, beaten to a pulp, THEN they saw Him ALIVE, walking around. He ate with them AFTER His resurrection. He talked to them AFTER His resurrection. He taught them afterwards. Then they watched as He floated in mid air all of the way up to heaven!

Buddha never performed any miracles. He never rose from the dead. He is still in the grave.

Mohammad never performed any miracles. He never rose from the dead. He is still in the grave.

Confucious never performed any miracles. He never rose from the dead. He is still in the grave.

Jesus Christ DID perform many miracles, proving that He is God. He fulfilled prophecies of His birth, death and life. The world revolves around Him. Our calander, Christmas, Easter, New Year are all about Him for a reason.

Historical writings support Him. (On a side note Historical writings prove the koran false.)

Church writings support Him.

Eyewitness (Biblical) writings support Him.

Non-Cannitical writings support Him.

Why do you believe that George Washington was President of the U.S.? Because it is a historical fact. Jesus Christ dying on the cross and rising from the dead is a historical fact as well. It's just as documented from His day as Washington was from his.

You are not telling me anything, what you are doing is proving to everyone on this forum and if you do this in person then you do this to everyone you meet. In that you are proving you know nothing of history and very little about the bible. as you continue to degrade my and all other religious opinion for the false misguided Ideals of your own you are continuing to push your self more and more away from the quote " Heaven" you spoke of when the thread began.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1394135 wrote: You are not telling me anything, what you are doing is proving to everyone on this forum and if you do this in person then you do this to everyone you meet. In that you are proving you know nothing of history and very little about the bible. as you continue to degrade my and all other religious opinion for the false misguided Ideals of your own you are continuing to push your self more and more away from the quote " Heaven" you spoke of when the thread began.

I'm explaining why the God of the Bible is the only true God. Would you like me to explain it differently? I cannot say that all relgions are true, that would be lying. If I didn't care about you, than that's what I would say to you, but I do care, so I'm going to tell you the truth, even if you get angry with me.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

xfrodobagginsx;1394278 wrote: I'm explaining why the God of the Bible is the only true God. Would you like me to explain it differently? I cannot say that all relgions are true, that would be lying. If I didn't care about you, than that's what I would say to you, but I do care, so I'm going to tell you the truth, even if you get angry with me.

Based on all of your post in this thread I can only deduce, you really don't care nor do you have a good understanding about the Christian faith and most any Christian reading your degrading, convoluted nonsense of what you think christianity is would be ashamed to be to be considered of the same faith as you as any government or religion that promotes Ideals that degrades and belittles others as much as your version of christianity needs to be extinguished before it spreads in to something like the Crusades, Inqusition, or Holocaust. It is a good things that there are enough Christians out there to keep the ideals of Jesus and those before him alive despite the constant degregation his teachings received by those who misinterpret what his teachings are about in order to post thereselves on a pedestal over others.
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

I think this the first time I have to agree with you, littleCJ.
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

rajakrsna;1394344 wrote: I think this the first time I have to agree with you, littleCJ.

Hey I am O.K. with anyone who wants to believe what they want to believe up to the point that it threatens what I believe, and one of the biggest things I believe is that we are all equal and have a equal shot at happiness and from what I can tell Frodo doesn't think that we are all equal, I find it amazing that people of a faith that's main message is about forgiving has followers that are anything but,
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

littleCJelkton;1394356 wrote: Hey I am O.K. with anyone who wants to believe what they want to believe up to the point that it threatens what I believe, and one of the biggest things I believe is that we are all equal and have a equal shot at happiness and from what I can tell Frodo doesn't think that we are all equal, I find it amazing that people of a faith that's main message is about forgiving has followers that are anything but,

Your absolutely correct, friend.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1394293 wrote: Based on all of your post in this thread I can only deduce, you really don't care nor do you have a good understanding about the Christian faith and most any Christian reading your degrading, convoluted nonsense of what you think christianity is would be ashamed to be to be considered of the same faith as you as any government or religion that promotes Ideals that degrades and belittles others as much as your version of christianity needs to be extinguished before it spreads in to something like the Crusades, Inqusition, or Holocaust. It is a good things that there are enough Christians out there to keep the ideals of Jesus and those before him alive despite the constant degregation his teachings received by those who misinterpret what his teachings are about in order to post thereselves on a pedestal over others.

The problem for you is that I don't care what Christianity says, I care what the bible says. I am following what the bible actually says to do and you don't like ti.

No it's not Christianity that caused the Crudades, inquisition or the Holocaust. See those that commit such atrocities are DISOBEYING what the Bible actually says to do, therefore, that was not Christianity. They were disobeying the Bible while calling themselves Christians. The holocaust on the other hand was based upon the lie of evolution. Hitler wanted to wipe out the weaker human beings and create a master race, the arians. Evolution is what needs to be wiped out.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1394356 wrote: Hey I am O.K. with anyone who wants to believe what they want to believe up to the point that it threatens what I believe, and one of the biggest things I believe is that we are all equal and have a equal shot at happiness and from what I can tell Frodo doesn't think that we are all equal, I find it amazing that people of a faith that's main message is about forgiving has followers that are anything but,

Wrong. The message here is that we are all equally sinners and in need of a Savior, Jesus Christ. I am included in there. The difference is that only those who accept Christ's offer of forgiveness will be forgiven. It's extended to all equally, so the problem lies with belief, not equality. Do you believe it and place your faith in it? I do and so should you.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

xfrodobagginsx;1394617 wrote: Wrong. The message here is that we are all equally sinners and in need of a Savior, Jesus Christ. I am included in there. The difference is that only those who accept Christ's offer of forgiveness will be forgiven. It's extended to all equally, so the problem lies with belief, not equality. Do you believe it and place your faith in it? I do and so should you.

Wrong, that is your belief not mine. You feel the need to put everyone down to feel better about yourself not me. I need to do nothing that you do if I see no reason to, and your belligerent ignorance to what your faith is by no means any proof that I should nor should any one christian or otherwise have the same views. I hope if anything Christians hold views far enough away from yours as possible if not I am sure the faith would fall to the more tolerant ones.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

xfrodobagginsx;1394616 wrote: The problem for you is that I don't care what Christianity says, I care what the bible says. I am following what the bible actually says to do and you don't like ti.

No it's not Christianity that caused the Crudades, inquisition or the Holocaust. See those that commit such atrocities are DISOBEYING what the Bible actually says to do, therefore, that was not Christianity. They were disobeying the Bible while calling themselves Christians. The holocaust on the other hand was based upon the lie of evolution. Hitler wanted to wipe out the weaker human beings and create a master race, the arians. Evolution is what needs to be wiped out.

You are Disobeying much of what the bible says as well by trying rid the world of people who don't believe the bible says what you want it to say. The Bible may say one thing to the Pope, to spot something else, to Rajakrsna, something else,.... and on and on. You are just a few more crazy steps away from commiting those same atrocities, as you are clearly on the first step which is intolerance.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1394623 wrote: Wrong, that is your belief not mine. You feel the need to put everyone down to feel better about yourself not me. I need to do nothing that you do if I see no reason to, and your belligerent ignorance to what your faith is by no means any proof that I should nor should any one christian or otherwise have the same views. I hope if anything Christians hold views far enough away from yours as possible if not I am sure the faith would fall to the more tolerant ones.

You're not getting it through your head. I'm not putting anyone down. It's the bible that calls you a sinner, NOT me. You either believe the bible or you don't. The beliefs that I hold are what the Bible says, so what you are saying is that you hope that everyone will not become true Christians who actually follow what the bible says. You are being intolerant of Christians and those who believe as I do. You aught to stop it.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1394624 wrote: You are Disobeying much of what the bible says as well by trying rid the world of people who don't believe the bible says what you want it to say. The Bible may say one thing to the Pope, to spot something else, to Rajakrsna, something else,.... and on and on. You are just a few more crazy steps away from commiting those same atrocities, as you are clearly on the first step which is intolerance.

Wrong. The bible says to go into all of the world and preach the gospel to every creature, therefore, I am Obeying what the bible says. If I were to listen to you, I would be disobeying it. You're right, I do hope that ALL men will come to know Jesus Christ and be saved. Do you want to know why? Because I actually believe it. The Bible says one thing to all men. You need to actually read it for yourself. Folks like you who friek out over Christians beliefs are the crazy ones who commit atrocities, you'd better watch yourself before you go nuts. You're very intolerant of evangelical Christians. Please don't go crazy and hurt someone.
rajakrsna

Post by rajakrsna »

xfrodobagginsx;1395850 wrote: Wrong. The bible says to go into all of the world and preach the gospel to every creature, therefore, I am Obeying what the bible says. If I were to listen to you, I would be disobeying it. You're right, I do hope that ALL men will come to know Jesus Christ and be saved. Do you want to know why? Because I actually believe it. The Bible says one thing to all men. You need to actually read it for yourself. Folks like you who friek out over Christians beliefs are the crazy ones who commit atrocities, you'd better watch yourself before you go nuts. You're very intolerant of evangelical Christians. Please don't go crazy and hurt someone.

Do you really know who Jesus of Nazareth was?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

rajakrsna;1395856 wrote: Do you really know who Jesus of Nazareth was?

Yes. I have a relationship with Him. He is my greatest teacher and friend, but above all, He's my God. He has been teaching me alot of personal lessons lately. Pointing things out to me that He wants me to change in my life. He usually does this when you least expect it, when you're not even thinking about it.

Christians have a part of them that's made alive that non-Christians don't have alive. It's the part of man that died when Adam sinned. It's the Spirit of man. When a man accepts Jesus's call to salvation, this part is made alive and that's the part of man that communes with God. That's why non-Christians don't understand the personal relationship with God. How could they? That part of them is dead and cannot commune with God. Man is body, soul and spirit. But our spirit died when adam sinned. When we accept Christ, He renews our Spirit and gives us His Holy Spirit to commune with Him and He does. The more you dwell on Him and His word, the more He communes with you. He actually speaks things to me. Things that help me. Things that I could not know otherwise.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

xfrodobagginsx;1396179 wrote: Yes. I have a relationship with Him. He is my greatest teacher and friend, but above all, He's my God. He has been teaching me alot of personal lessons lately. Pointing things out to me that He wants me to change in my life. He usually does this when you least expect it, when you're not even thinking about it.

Christians have a part of them that's made alive that non-Christians don't have alive. It's the part of man that died when Adam sinned. It's the Spirit of man. When a man accepts Jesus's call to salvation, this part is made alive and that's the part of man that communes with God. That's why non-Christians don't understand the personal relationship with God. How could they? That part of them is dead and cannot commune with God. Man is body, soul and spirit. But our spirit died when adam sinned. When we accept Christ, He renews our Spirit and gives us His Holy Spirit to commune with Him and He does. The more you dwell on Him and His word, the more He communes with you. He actually speaks things to me. Things that help me. Things that I could not know otherwise.

You are still not proving anything you say to anybody other than yourself which even though it is a conundrum to prove something to your self you already believe in, I guess it is fine if it works for you. Though, just because your belief in the bible be it for moral uplifting and/or actual historical teaching, your beliefs do not make you a better person than me, raj, spot, or anyone else on FG or on earth which all have different views from you. Your worth I believe is only measured by your actions and how well/ or not well those actions effect others around you.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Creation/Evolution Debate - Kent Hovind vs. Ben Waggoner (University of Central Arkansas)

Creation/Evolution Debate - Kent Hovind vs. Ben Waggoner (University of Central Arkansas) - YouTube
Wild Fire

Post by Wild Fire »

Omni_Skittles;1058931 wrote: Sometimes i just wonder what's wrong with Christians.... SERIOUSLY! :yh_rotfl

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your God.

~Gandhi
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

There are some religions out there who teach that there is no such thing as Hell. Some teach that hell is the only the grave. Some teach that hell is a place where souls are burned up in an instant. But that is not what the bible teaches. Today, I am going to demonstrate though the word of God that hell is a literal place of torment.

Where is hell?

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

(KJV)

Hell is down. Most bible scholars believe that it is in the center of the earth.

Mt 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

(KJV)

Jesus's body remained on the earth, but His Spirit went to the heart of the earth, or center. Where is the heart of something located? In the center.

What is Hell?

1Pe 3:18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Hell is a prison. It is a prison for those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. Hell is no laughing matter. There is no party in hell.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. {strange: Gr. other}

(KJV)

Lu 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

First of all notice that this man was not happy. It says that he was tormented in this FLAME. Hell is fire. It is an eternal flame that never goes out.

Mr 9:3 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

It says where their worm dieth not and the FIRE is NOT quenched. Hell is eternal torment by fire.

Hell is outer darkness. There is no light there. It is pitch black, forever.

Mt 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mt 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lu 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Who goes to hell, and what is after hell?

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

(KJV)

One day after everyone has been judged, hell and death will be cast into the lake of fire.

Re 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The devil is going to be cast into the lake of fire. Notice that it is a place of torment and that torment never ends.

Re 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

(KJV)

Those who reject Jesus Christ and accept the mark of the beast are going to the lake of fire.

Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(KJV)

Those who reject Jesus Christ won't be found written in the book of life. They also will be cast into the lake of fire.

There is only one way out. That way is Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Who is God willing to save from hell and the lake of fire?

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How do we do this?

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ro 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

The bible says that whosoever believeth on Him shall NOT be ashamed. Are you willing to accept Jesus Christ today to be your Savior? Don't be ashamed. Raise your hand right now if you want Jesus Christ to save you and someone will show you from the bible, God's word how you can know without a doubt that you will go to heaven when you die and that you won't have to go to this place called hell.

12 ¶ For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God is willing to save ANYONE no matter what you have done, if you will simply call upon upon Jesus Christ to save you. Will you do that today?
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

xfrodobagginsx;1398259 wrote: There are some religions out there who teach that there is no such thing as Hell. Some teach that hell is the only the grave. Some teach that hell is a place where souls are burned up in an instant. But that is not what the bible teaches. Today, I am going to demonstrate though the word of God that hell is a literal place of torment.

Where is hell?

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

(KJV)

Hell is down. Most bible scholars believe that it is in the center of the earth.

Mt 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

(KJV)

Jesus's body remained on the earth, but His Spirit went to the heart of the earth, or center. Where is the heart of something located? In the center.

What is Hell?

1Pe 3:18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Hell is a prison. It is a prison for those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. Hell is no laughing matter. There is no party in hell.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. {strange: Gr. other}

(KJV)

Lu 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

First of all notice that this man was not happy. It says that he was tormented in this FLAME. Hell is fire. It is an eternal flame that never goes out.

Mr 9:3 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

It says where their worm dieth not and the FIRE is NOT quenched. Hell is eternal torment by fire.

Hell is outer darkness. There is no light there. It is pitch black, forever.

Mt 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mt 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lu 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Who goes to hell, and what is after hell?

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

(KJV)

One day after everyone has been judged, hell and death will be cast into the lake of fire.

Re 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The devil is going to be cast into the lake of fire. Notice that it is a place of torment and that torment never ends.

Re 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

(KJV)

Those who reject Jesus Christ and accept the mark of the beast are going to the lake of fire.

Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(KJV)

Those who reject Jesus Christ won't be found written in the book of life. They also will be cast into the lake of fire.

There is only one way out. That way is Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Who is God willing to save from hell and the lake of fire?

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How do we do this?

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ro 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

The bible says that whosoever believeth on Him shall NOT be ashamed. Are you willing to accept Jesus Christ today to be your Savior? Don't be ashamed. Raise your hand right now if you want Jesus Christ to save you and someone will show you from the bible, God's word how you can know without a doubt that you will go to heaven when you die and that you won't have to go to this place called hell.

12 ¶ For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God is willing to save ANYONE no matter what you have done, if you will simply call upon upon Jesus Christ to save you. Will you do that today?

[hotlink deleted by moderator]

The Number you have dialed is not in service please hang-up and try again
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Php 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
Wild Fire

Post by Wild Fire »

Scrolling through this thread once more, I am glad for 3 things:

1) The chance to tell xfrodobagginsx that this is NOT "serving the Lord" or "testifying for the Lord" or any of that other nonsense you claim to be doing. What you have done here is INFLICT your beliefs endlessly, repetitively, damn near insanely and boringly. Are you planning to quote the ENTIRE bible?

2) The inspiration to find the ignore feature on this board.

3) The ability to USE said ignore function on xfrodobagginsx.

Wow.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

Wild Fire;1398635 wrote: Scrolling through this thread once more, I am glad for 3 things:

1) The chance to tell xfrodobagginsx that this is NOT "serving the Lord" or "testifying for the Lord" or any of that other nonsense you claim to be doing. What you have done here is INFLICT your beliefs endlessly, repetitively, damn near insanely and boringly. Are you planning to quote the ENTIRE bible?

2) The inspiration to find the ignore feature on this board.

3) The ability to USE said ignore function on xfrodobagginsx.

Wow.

Do we have that feature ????
Wild Fire

Post by Wild Fire »

littleCJelkton;1398686 wrote: Do we have that feature ????

Sure do. Go to the top of the page on the right and click "Settings". Once there, look down the left side of your screen and you'll see "Edit ignore list". Start to type in a member's name and you'll get a drop-down box that has the members screen names with those spellings. Enter the name you want to ignore, click the "okay" button, then the "save changes" button and you're done.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

A Vision of Hell, Given to a Woman by a Real Citizen in Hell:

AMIGHTYWIND VISION OF A CITIZEN IN HELL SONG, (DISTURBING) For BACKSLIDERS - YouTube
Kara Spengler

Post by Kara Spengler »

xfrodobagginsx;1399278 wrote: A Vision of Hell, Given to a Woman by a Real Citizen in Hell

Gee Frodo, why do we not see you anymore on sluniverse? Oh yeah, I forgot .... even after the the forum mod warned you you kept posting that video so he had to ban you.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

Kara Spengler;1399384 wrote: Gee Frodo, why do we not see you anymore on sluniverse? Oh yeah, I forgot .... even after the the forum mod warned you you kept posting that video so he had to ban you.

Well frodo was never good at listening well I guess on a forum it would be reading and understanding
Kara Spengler

Post by Kara Spengler »

littleCJelkton;1399393 wrote: Well frodo was never good at listening well I guess on a forum it would be reading and understanding

True :-5 , over there he would present a statement, get a reasoned reply (which often would include direct quotes from either what he or his hero said). He would usually wave it off with some variation of 'it is magic','that is a mistranslation', or stating something unrelated. Our forum mod is pretty easy going but was forced to issue a warning when he started spamming the same video as he posted here. He posted it once more (which everyone knew he would do) and got himself on the short list of people that were banned. A list that most of our trolls do not even make.

Ah well, it was not a total loss. We have a 6000+ post (we decided to keep it going to 6666 since we were so close when he got banned) thread now with a lot of both lolcats and reasoned posts. At least he is annoying many more web forums too.
Eris

Post by Eris »

xfrodobagginsx;1399278 wrote: A Vision of Hell, Given to a Woman by a Real Citizen in Hell:
Hey there, HDL! I miss you already!

You seem very enthusiastic about Amightywind, have you started keeping the Sabbath yet? What are your thoughts on the Book of Enoch?
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

rajakrsna;1395856 wrote: Do you really know who Jesus of Nazareth was?

Yes I do. He is the Messiah, the one who was prophecied to come, literally hundreds of years before His birth in the OT.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Eris;1399422 wrote: Hey there, HDL! I miss you already!

You seem very enthusiastic about Amightywind, have you started keeping the Sabbath yet? What are your thoughts on the Book of Enoch?

I really appreciate you helping me discuss this important issue. Thanks. First of all, as I stated numerous times, the Bible says that we are not longer under the law, but under Grace, therefore, we do not keep the Sabbath. Did you forget that already? Secondly, the book of Enoch is a Non-Canonical Book and not to be used as Scripture. Again, thanks for the discussion. Oh, by the way, no I didn't choke on a Waffle. Thanks for the concern! :)
Kara Spengler

Post by Kara Spengler »

xfrodobagginsx;1399961 wrote: I really appreciate you helping me discuss this important issue. Thanks. First of all, as I stated numerous times, the Bible says that we are not longer under the law, but under Grace, therefore, we do not keep the Sabbath. Did you forget that already? Secondly, the book of Enoch is a Non-Canonical Book and not to be used as Scripture. Again, thanks for the discussion. Oh, by the way, no I didn't choke on a Waffle. Thanks for the concern! :)

Heya Frodo, ok, so if all of the OT is null and void for our rules we are basically talking about things jesus said in the NT as being the sum total of the things that should be rules then? Can you tell me where he condemned homosexuality? Or for that matter why all of your kin refer to OT stuff when presenting the argument against it? Later!
Eris

Post by Eris »

xfrodobagginsx;1399961 wrote: I really appreciate you helping me discuss this important issue. Thanks. First of all, as I stated numerous times, the Bible says that we are not longer under the law, but under Grace, therefore, we do not keep the Sabbath. Did you forget that already? Secondly, the book of Enoch is a Non-Canonical Book and not to be used as Scripture. Again, thanks for the discussion. Oh, by the way, no I didn't choke on a Waffle. Thanks for the concern! :)
The source of your phone call from Hell video are very keen on keeping the Sabbath, and the Book of Enoch. Did you look at the site it came from? I think you should. It's very entertaining. It's probably a good idea to see where things like that come from before posting them.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

Kara Spengler;1399410 wrote: True :-5 , over there he would present a statement, get a reasoned reply (which often would include direct quotes from either what he or his hero said). He would usually wave it off with some variation of 'it is magic','that is a mistranslation', or stating something unrelated. Our forum mod is pretty easy going but was forced to issue a warning when he started spamming the same video as he posted here. He posted it once more (which everyone knew he would do) and got himself on the short list of people that were banned. A list that most of our trolls do not even make.

Ah well, it was not a total loss. We have a 6000+ post (we decided to keep it going to 6666 since we were so close when he got banned) thread now with a lot of both lolcats and reasoned posts. At least he is annoying many more web forums too.

You see that animated smiley that you have that is frodo but he is talking to the wall not banging his head. He doesn't care what you think, but through continuing to shout at the wall he hopes it will resonate back so others hear. That way if you go to debate it he doesn't have to back any of it up because even though he said it you heard it as a resonance of the wall he and can ridicule you for debating a wall.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

Eris;1399977 wrote: The source of your phone call from Hell video are very keen on keeping the Sabbath, and the Book of Enoch. Did you look at the site it came from? I think you should. It's very entertaining. It's probably a good idea to see where things like that come from before posting them.

He is not interested in what you think of what he says---> post just that you hear it frodo has more than proved that and so it is to the ignore list with him
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Kara Spengler;1399976 wrote: Heya Frodo, ok, so if all of the OT is null and void for our rules we are basically talking about things jesus said in the NT as being the sum total of the things that should be rules then? Can you tell me where he condemned homosexuality? Or for that matter why all of your kin refer to OT stuff when presenting the argument against it? Later!

Well, the OT does demonstrate God's views on those things, however, He knows that we are not able to keep all of that.

The law was written as a schoolmaster to show man that he is a sinner.

Ga 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Even though we are not under the law it's not void:

Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

As Regarding Homosexuality in the New Testiment:

1Co 6:9 ¶ Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ro 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

Eris;1399977 wrote: The source of your phone call from Hell video are very keen on keeping the Sabbath, and the Book of Enoch. Did you look at the site it came from? I think you should. It's very entertaining. It's probably a good idea to see where things like that come from before posting them.

I never said that the makers of the video were 100% correct on every issue. That doesn't mean that what the lady saw didn't happen. Now go back to SL and report to them. Tell them I said that...oh and thanks for the discussion, even though you are insincere, it helps keep the discussion moving.
xfrodobagginsx

Post by xfrodobagginsx »

littleCJelkton;1399978 wrote: You see that animated smiley that you have that is frodo but he is talking to the wall not banging his head. He doesn't care what you think, but through continuing to shout at the wall he hopes it will resonate back so others hear. That way if you go to debate it he doesn't have to back any of it up because even though he said it you heard it as a resonance of the wall he and can ridicule you for debating a wall.

Right. I don't answer the mockers questions for the mockers pleasure, I answer them for the sincere readers will understand. I also gladly answer the questions of the sincere. Eris's whole goal is to mock and derail, but the truth is that she helping the discussion, not hurting it. I appreciate that! I only criticize those like you who mock. But, if you were sincere, I would go out of my way to give an abundance of evidence.
Kara Spengler

Post by Kara Spengler »

xfrodobagginsx;1400089 wrote: Well, the OT does demonstrate God's views on those things, however, He knows that we are not able to keep all of that.

The law was written as a schoolmaster to show man that he is a sinner.

Ga 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Even though we are not under the law it's not void:

Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

As Regarding Homosexuality in the New Testiment:

1Co 6:9 ¶ Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Ro 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.

Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

But did you not just state the following?

First of all, as I stated numerous times, the Bible says that we are not longer under the law, but under Grace, therefore, we do not keep the Sabbath. Did you forget that already?

No, we did not forget it already, either OT rules apply or they do not. Which is it? If not you can hardly use them as the basis for arguing anything today.

No 'we know jehova's feelings' either ... that means other stuff we know his feelings on too which you are ignoring so, guess what? Yes, you are going to HELL Frodo.
Eris

Post by Eris »

xfrodobagginsx;1400090 wrote: I never said that the makers of the video were 100% correct on every issue. That doesn't mean that what the lady saw didn't happen. Now go back to SL and report to them. Tell them I said that...oh and thanks for the discussion, even though you are insincere, it helps keep the discussion moving.
Do you think posting crap from that site enhances your credibility? Really?

I can't decide if you're a remarkably good Poe who has found his niche, or you're a really bad true believer. If you are a Poe, well played, I salute you. If you're a true believer, you're a lost cause.
Kara Spengler

Post by Kara Spengler »

Eris - Are you from sluniverse too or is frodo just mixing us up (and what SL means)?
Eris

Post by Eris »

Kara Spengler;1400105 wrote: Eris - Are you from sluniverse too or is frodo just mixing us up (and what SL means)?
Yes.

I think he's probably mixing us up, too. I told him what SL is and the difference between SL and SLU, but I think it didn't take. Shocking, I know.

Return to “General Chit Chat”