If you wondered...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

am I sitting here smirking, scowling, giggling, drinking, generally feeling smug?

It's much scarier. I'm sitting here looking like this:

Attached files
Snooz

If you wondered...

Post by Snooz »

Darryl Hannah from Bladerunner.
Bruv

If you wondered...

Post by Bruv »

Why is the only question I can think of.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

If you wondered...

Post by spot »

Bruv;1385630 wrote: Why is the only question I can think of.

There's a line of Max Bialystok's which answers that question perfectly.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

If you wondered...

Post by Bruv »

spot;1385631 wrote: There's a line of Max Bialystok's which answers that question perfectly.

I can't deny there is.
spot

If you wondered...

Post by spot »

Bruv;1385632 wrote: I can't deny there is.

Ah. Found it.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

If you wondered...

Post by Snooz »

Oh Rutger, how I lusted for you back in the 80s.
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

I had Bladerunner in mind when I came up with the look. :)
buttercup

If you wondered...

Post by buttercup »

Annie Lennox also wore this look many times, best known in the tribute with David Bowie. Annie Lennox & David Bowie - YouTube

Do you go out like this? i think its pretty but i would, i quite fancy Marilyn Manson in make up.
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

hehe. No, it's a webseries character I created. When the video is done I'll put a link.
buttercup

If you wondered...

Post by buttercup »

No idea what a webseries character is, could you explain?
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

Got the vlog finished.

Fatale Error - YouTube

A webseries typically runs for 5 minutes or less per episode but it's replacing television pretty rapidly so there is a shift to work out half hour segments. They are typically pretty low budget but the whole industry is trying to reshape what it is right now so it could be anything... as long as you can find it on youtube.
buttercup

If you wondered...

Post by buttercup »

So i am interested in this concept (new to me) do you intend to develop this character further, are there other characters who you are making video's of as we speak, is there a goal in mind, is this just a bit of fun?

Please excuse my ignorance
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

I'm a writer on the webseries now. My character isn't part of the series, it's in support of their online community development. The more videos we get showing how people can participate in the "world" of the 4 Villains characters the more attached they'll become to the show. There is opportunity for outsiders to get cameos in later episodes.
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

They've only filmed two episodes of the series so far and those were written before I joined the team. I'm not sure if I'll do more Fatale Error vlogs. I'm organizing to do some cut-out animation videos. There are a few other sketches I have in mind to film as well. Not sure which ones will get done next.
buttercup

If you wondered...

Post by buttercup »

Ok don't hate me, what is the point? Help me understand.
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

It used to be that you couldn't produce a film or television series unless you had millions of dollars in your budget. The internet now allows anyone who is so inclined to produce their own shows and youtube has given them free distribution. If you don't feel the need to create entertainment... then there is no point. If you enjoy creating entertainment or enjoy watching it, there is a point. Not every genre is appealing to all but anyone can now try their hand at any genre they want. If you don't get views and no one likes it, you try again.

eta: a lot of people use youtube like a diary. More and more people are realizing it's a television station open to all for content production. You don't need a green light from CBS or HBO anymore. Just do it.
buttercup

If you wondered...

Post by buttercup »

Ok with ya, thanks
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

Right now, it's completely unpredictable what will become a hit online. It will be interesting to see how it evolves and if anyone can figure out the formula... as the industry people are madly trying to do right now.

Michael Eisner, formerly of Disney, started a webseries company. His track record isn't helping him too much yet.

Michael Eisner's Web Flop - Business Insider
buttercup

If you wondered...

Post by buttercup »

I liked that Free hugs thing, it was a hit yeah?

Suppose you have to appeal to the masses for a hit, everybody wants a hug.
koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

right now it's mainly got to be funny and/or have music... preferably parody style music.
Bruv

If you wondered...

Post by Bruv »

Like this ?

koan

If you wondered...

Post by koan »

hmmm. singular viral videos aren't exactly like webseries. Webseries involve an ongoing production of connected characters or themes to videos created, not just randomly captured.

Return to “General Chit Chat”