My tools

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
buttercup

My tools

Post by buttercup »

What is 'spy'
Bryn Mawr

My tools

Post by Bryn Mawr »

buttercup;1385595 wrote: What is 'spy'

I've come across a utility called ASpy and an anti-malware called spybot but just spy is more of a class of software than a product (that's not to say that someone does not put out a program that announces itself as spy).

I'd guess it's a keylogger and, if you didn't install it, a problem.
YZGI

My tools

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1385635 wrote: I've come across a utility called ASpy and an anti-malware called spybot but just spy is more of a class of software than a product (that's not to say that someone does not put out a program that announces itself as spy).

I'd guess it's a keylogger and, if you didn't install it, a problem.

I think she is talking about the "spy" in the my tools section of Forumgardem. You used to be able to click on it and it would show all the posts in the different forums as they were posted in real time without going to the specific thread for the post.
Bryn Mawr

My tools

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1385647 wrote: I think she is talking about the "spy" in the my tools section of Forumgardem. You used to be able to click on it and it would show all the posts in the different forums as they were posted in real time without going to the specific thread for the post.

Oh *that*! - I'd forgotten about it completely.

I have no idea whether it is still implemented and, if it is, whether it still works.

If anyone is interested in resurrecting it I'll investigate.
YZGI

My tools

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1385649 wrote: Oh *that*! - I'd forgotten about it completely.

I have no idea whether it is still implemented and, if it is, whether it still works.

If anyone is interested in resurrecting it I'll investigate.

I didn't like it, when there were a lot of post it went pretty quick and you had to click on "todays Posts" to re find the post.

'
Bryn Mawr

My tools

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1385654 wrote: I didn't like it, when there were a lot of post it went pretty quick and you had to click on "todays Posts" to re find the post.

'

and now it appears not to log anything :-)

Still installed and active but not working is the current position - I've found reports of workarounds for the various problems but I'm off for the next week with very limited access to the internet so I'll look when I get back.
YZGI

My tools

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1385655 wrote: and now it appears not to log anything :-)

Still installed and active but not working is the current position - I've found reports of workarounds for the various problems but I'm off for the next week with very limited access to the internet so I'll look when I get back.

Have a good trip.
Bryn Mawr

My tools

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1385656 wrote: Have a good trip.

Thanks - I'll be refitting the boat after a flood so I'll be shattered by the time I get back.
buttercup

My tools

Post by buttercup »

Yeah i meant here at FG each time i pop back there is something new, thanks for explaining guys ;-)
K.Snyder

My tools

Post by K.Snyder »

YZGI;1385654 wrote: I didn't like it, when there were a lot of post it went pretty quick and you had to click on "todays Posts" to re find the post.

'There is an option to pause the flow rate...

Return to “General Chit Chat”