The Good Old Vinyl Days.

jones jones

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by jones jones »

Thrift Store LP o’ the Day: The Entertainers - Pubs, Pearlies & Pints (1964)

Recorded at the Waterman’s Arms, East London…with pub singers such as Kim Cordell and Sulky Gowers belting out numbers like “Maybe It’s Because I’m A Londoner,” “Hello! Who’s Your Lady Friend,” and “Put a Bit of Treacle On My Puddin’, Mary Ann.”

(Also featuring Pearly King George Hitchens and Bob “the Tray” Blackman, ‘whose act consists of banging his head with a tin tray while he sings “Mule Train” to the amazement and delight of the audience.’

(See First Reply)
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by jones jones »

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Hope6

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by Hope6 »

I still have my lp collection from when I was a teenager....it's in the basement somewhere I think. :) I kinda miss those days.

btw JJ I like your new signature. I would love to read the whole poem. :)
jones jones

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by jones jones »

Hope6;1383354 wrote: I still have my lp collection from when I was a teenager....it's in the basement somewhere I think. :) I kinda miss those days.

btw JJ I like your new signature. I would love to read the whole poem. :)

Take a tip from me Georgia ... hang onto your vinyl collection. It will only increase in value. As we speak there are already moves afoot to re-introduce vinyl records.

Watch out for the poem ... it will be posted today!
mikeinie

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by mikeinie »

Good timing of this.. I actually just got a new unit in my living room and have pulled out all my old albums and have them out again. Good to have them on display again. Planning on buying a turn table and all; like the good old days.
jones jones

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by jones jones »

mikeinie;1383867 wrote: Good timing of this.. I actually just got a new unit in my living room and have pulled out all my old albums and have them out again. Good to have them on display again. Planning on buying a turn table and all; like the good old days.

Good for you! I hate CDs cos unlike vinyl, you never know when the song is gonna start!
mikeinie

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by mikeinie »

My kids are amazed with the album covers and like looking at them. Something you don't get from downloading..

I remember spending hours in record shops browsing through albums, some I bought just because I liked the covers
jones jones

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by jones jones »

mikeinie;1383941 wrote: My kids are amazed with the album covers and like looking at them. Something you don't get from downloading..

I remember spending hours in record shops browsing through albums, some I bought just because I liked the covers

Exactly ... and then you found you had bought a crock ... Today it would probably be a collectors item.
Bryn Mawr

The Good Old Vinyl Days.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

mikeinie;1383941 wrote: My kids are amazed with the album covers and like looking at them. Something you don't get from downloading..

Roger Dean - now those were the days of artwork on album covers :-

roger dean - Google Search

Return to “General Music”