Jj’s Fork Up in a Pan.

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
jones jones

Jj’s Fork Up in a Pan.

Post by jones jones »

Or as they would say in Yorkshire … Jj’s Fook Up in a Pan!

I don’t think I have ever mentioned on FG that I am quite a good cook. Yeah, yeah I know, is there no end to my talent?

Anyway, from Monday to Thursday I eat sensible food, but on Friday nights I always eat food that does not fall into that category. One of my favourites is Jj’s fork up in a pan.

You will need:

A pack of what here we call “cocktail pork sausages.” They are like the small ones.

A couple of onions … white, red or shallots, your call.

Three or four tomatoes.

Four or five eggs.

A large potato.

Garlic to taste.

Ginger to taste.

Salt & pepper to taste.

Cut each sausage into three. Chop the onions up roughly. Skin the tomatoes by pouring boiling water over them and then peeling. Beat the eggs in a bowl with a whisk … never use an electric beater or an electric stick blender. Eggs must always be beaten by hand! Peel the potato and cut it into small French fries (chips).

Heat a splash of olive oil in a stove top wok, but a saucepan or large fry pan is fine too. Add the garlic and ginger. Fry the sausage until brown and cooked. Remove from the wok and set aside. Sauté the onion then add the tomato and fry until cooked. Remove and add to the sausage. Cook the fries in the wok and then add all the other stuff except the egg mixture. Once everything is hot, add the egg and cook as you would scrambled eggs. Serve on toast.
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
tabby

Jj’s Fork Up in a Pan.

Post by tabby »

Sounds good to me!
jones jones

Jj’s Fork Up in a Pan.

Post by jones jones »

tabby;1383416 wrote: Sounds good to me!

Food that sticks to your ribs as Jj senior used to say!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

Return to “The Kitchen”