Films containing 2012 in the title

spot

Post by spot »

The rules of the thread.

1. You must have already watched the film.

2. You have to post your own review of it to score a point.

3. Each poster can only get one point from each film.

Note for foreigners: a "film" (the word is the same in danish, french, german, english etc) might be called a "movie", "película" or "elokuvassa" where you live.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

2012: Doomsday

This film stars Gary Oldman, Christian Bale and Cameron Diaz... well, not actually. Actually it "stars" complete nonentities and highlights the need for people trained to act if you're going to make a film of any description. This is one shocking farrago from start to finish.

Umm... the world spins down to zero revolutions per day over the course of a week because Merciful Jesus intends to reduce the world population to five by the time the end credits roll. They can only Fulfil His Divine Will by taking a holy crucifix from a sealed temple in Mexico, where pre-Columbian Christians hung it on a wall around 300AD, and using it to start a Redemption Machine in a pyramid. Also, fortunately, in Mexico. Which they do, while praying every five minutes.

In a post-Apocalyptic moment at the end the most prayerful of them - an American, strangely enough - intones "As one cycle ends, another begins! The miracle of life brought us together to remind us of the power of the universe. There's still a world out there, and we've been given a chance to begin again. This isn't the end. It's just the beginning". To be honest one's rather hoping they erupt in boils around then but it doesn't happen.

This film is an absolute must-see for every Christian in the New World. They deserve to sit through it and suffer. And, of course, Believe.

End-time survivor score: Americans, 5 : Rest Of The World, 0.

Christians sealed in the Blood of the Lamb all removed from the field after 54 minutes suffering from Acute Rapture
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

2012: Supernova

You thought the first was badly acted? Seriously, this beats it both on acting and on plot for end of the line awfulness. Yet more Wooden Actors From Hell: I browsed the previous form on one and she's noted for a single episode of Doggy Fizzle Televizzle, a segment of Boys Briefs 5 and a film with the most off-putting name ever dreamt up, I'll Meet You in Your Womb. That put me off checking any of the others.

The film rather callously writes off two Space Shuttles, the Hubble telescope, Pluto and an assortment of Jupiter's moons. A Chinese ninja lady attempts fruitlessly to redirect the Deflector Shielding (created by a serried armada of nuclear warheads all going bang at the right millisecond) to protect the Peoples Republic and fails. A noble Russian realizes that Capitalism deserves to survive and refuses to join in the sabotage. Oh, and an Iranian hit team villainously tries to leave the Homeworld defenceless during a dull five minute chase. The film ends with one of those night-shots of Planet Earth showing all the lit-up parts. The good old USA's wasting fossil fuel like there's no tomorrow and the rest of the planet's toast. This is considered a win by the protagonists on several levels, they positively gloat on their good fortune at not having to share their leftovers with anyone any longer, the one touch of realism since the film started. And no, sadly, I didn't make that bit up, it's exactly what they said.

End-time survivor score: Americans, 80% : Rest Of The World, 0%.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Potshot 2012:

This is a low budget film staring Ringo Star as Ringo, Wesley Snipes as, well, Snipes and Angelina Jolie as Angie.

I don't write reviews well but here goes. Everyone on the planet owns guns and carries them around openly since it is now legal to do so. Since marijuana just became legal worldwide everyone takes a hit and instantly transforms into hit men and begin shooting one another. Its a simple concept but full of action. The acting in this movie is pretty bad but thankfully you don't have to put up with anyone for very long.

There are no hero's in this movie as that is so yesterday.

Written and directed by Woody Allen, so the dialogue is very rich.

Survivors - Who cares?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

A pattern is slowly emerging. I've now become aware of 2012: Ice Age, and it's by the same team that brought you 2012: Supernova and 2012: Doomsday.

I shall attempt, on your behalf, to watch it and report back. Unless anyone here has seen it already and can put me out of my anticipated misery?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

Dial 2012, starring Kate Hudson, Matthew McConaughey and Gerard Butler. Madcap romance that spans the globe as two men engage in a battle of wits to discover the last four digits of a jetsetting golden girl's phone number. "Best comedy of the year, bar none!" ~spot "I've never laughed so hard in my life!" ~Ahso!
spot

Post by spot »

I've a horrid suspicion you're not taking this thread seriously, you know.

Happy Christmas - I'm two hours into mine.
spot

Post by spot »

I find it hard to imagine anyone having scripted 2012: Ice Age, or allowed their name to appear on the credits, or hired any of the performers. We had a chap driving Playboy's Playmate of the Month February 1986 - and most certainly not recruited for her acting skills which would be overstated by "none apparent" - from Maine to New York surrounded by hopeless computer graphics and the sporadic detonation of an unspecified but large number of nuclear devices in an attempt to deter some ice from heading south at an average speed of, if I recall correctly, a third of the speed of sound. Friction between the ice and whatever it was skating over seems not to have crossed the minds of the script writers. Playboy's Playmate of the Month February 1986 did at least have the sense to keep her clothes on, thereby allowing 5 year olds to be conned into watching it.

Dire doesn't even come close. The director has, apparently, never directed anything before, not so much as a commercial for dog biscuits. I assume he never will again.

Perhaps acting schools can use clips in "list the mistakes" post-mortem exercises.

Return to “Word Games”