Heat Thermostat Setting

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
tabby

Heat Thermostat Setting

Post by tabby »

Now that winter is just around the corner for some of us, what temperature setting do you usually have on your thermostat? Do you like the house generally cool or like a furnace blast? Are you consistent with the setting or do you have a tendency to fiddle with it during the course of the day?
Accountable

Heat Thermostat Setting

Post by Accountable »

82 for the AC

68 for the heat

All the time & never changes.
Snooz

Heat Thermostat Setting

Post by Snooz »

I live on the second floor of an apartment building and I don't turn my heater on all winter here in the bee state thanks to my downstairs neighbor. Doesn't seem to matter if my neighbor moves, the new one always seems to have their apartment hot enough to heat mine too. It gets a bit nippy at night but I use a space heater in the bathroom in the morning when I shower. Saves a bundle on my electric bill. Of course I'm pretty well padded so I don't need it that warm anyway.
Lon

Heat Thermostat Setting

Post by Lon »

Accountable;1377990 wrote: 82 for the AC

68 for the heat

All the time & never changes.

Same settings for me.
Richard Bell

Heat Thermostat Setting

Post by Richard Bell »

13 C at bedtime, and for most of the day.

15 C if it seems too chilly during the day or evening.

I wear sweaters inside during the winter months.Much more comfortable for me than having an overheated house.I find other people's 22 C homes to be too hot.

In the summertime, heat is OK. I don't have A/C, and I don't want it. My house can get to be 30 C in a heatwave, and that's fine with me.

I guess I just acclimatise to the season.
Mustang

Heat Thermostat Setting

Post by Mustang »

Having a well insulated home, 60º for heat during the day, 58º during the night, is comfortable.

AC is set at 76º.
CARLA

Heat Thermostat Setting

Post by CARLA »

There are about 7 days of the year where I use the heater and then I have to light the pilot and turn it on San Diego is beautiful all year. Summer same there is about a week or so where fans are necessary. Not many homes or apartments built prior th the 80's have AC just wasn't done or needed.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

LarsMac

Heat Thermostat Setting

Post by LarsMac »

We set our thermostat at around 70 in the winter. I would set it at 66 or 68 if I had my way, but the wife won't have it.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”