Sad news about Odie.

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
ButterflyPrincess

Sad news about Odie.

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

I just went into another forum that we used to go to. (she went more than me) & I found out she passed away. She had cancer and lost her battle last month. :-1 I just thought people on here should know..
fuzzywuzzy

Sad news about Odie.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

It's already been alleged.
ButterflyPrincess

Sad news about Odie.

ok i wasn't sure. I don't really come here anymore.. thanks! you can take it down if you want.
fuzzywuzzy

Sad news about Odie.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Not my job.... what I mean is there are about three threads I think . All's good it was nice of you to begin a thread .

If you find any obituaries from newpapers etc it would be nice of you to put them here . It would be a nice gesture to see those who miss her .
ButterflyPrincess

Sad news about Odie.

oh ok. I looked but I don't know where to find them at.. I looked in the Members area and didn't see any.

thanks.
Bryn Mawr

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

ButterflyPrincess;1372761 wrote: oh ok. I looked but I don't know where to find them at.. I looked in the Members area and didn't see any.

thanks.

Thank you for thinking of us coming back to let us know. Here are the threads that were posted at the time :-

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... -odie.html

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... rning.html
fuzzywuzzy

Sad news about Odie.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

HI tabby, ( waves)

actually butterfly since "tabby" is checking out the thread maybe she would like to inform you more of the situation ...would be nice of her . I believe her be a friend of Odies or relative I think . Not sure, but it would be nice to hear how the family is doing after such a tragic loss.
Snooz

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Snooz »

I'd like to know what happened to her cats if anyone hears.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Oscar Namechange »

SnoozeAgain;1372772 wrote: I'd like to know what happened to her cats if anyone hears.
It's quite bizzare Shrug. When you posted the thread 'What's happened to Odie's cats, I posted on there to you that the next day I would ring Odie's house to speak to her relatives about the cats. The next day her phone was engaged all day and night or taken off the hook. Tabby was also watching that thread the night I posted that. I thought OK, maybe her family don't want to talk about It.

I then posted to you that I would keep trying to ring her house for you and the next time I tried, the number was not available. Checking the line with the International Operator, I was told the number had very recently been changed.

One night very late I checked the Obituaries.and saw one for a Joan. I assumed this was her and because It was very late, logged off. When I had more time on my hands, I went back and checked and It was a different Joan. I checked every Obituary column for Toronto and even did a search for Eticoke the town In Toronto where she lived and there was nothing. Fuzzy and another member has also done an extensive search and there Is no record anywhere. Her Facebook account Is also still live but there Is probably a good explanation for what I have written.

As Fuzzy said, perhaps Tabby would care to post and let us know how Odie's cats are doing?

As you are so concerned about her cats Snooze, I will ring an animal charity today In Toronto to see If they could perhaps call at odie's house to check what's happened to the cats.... or hopefully Tabby will post and tell us.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Snooz »

Thanks, I'd appreciate any news. The random photo generator on the front page cycles her cat photos fairly frequently and it reminds me all over again that she had elderly cats that would have difficulty finding new homes.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

SnoozeAgain;1372777 wrote: Thanks, I'd appreciate any news. The random photo generator on the front page cycles her cat photos fairly frequently and it reminds me all over again that she had elderly cats that would have difficulty finding new homes.
I am home today so since my last post I have found and contacted a cat rescue charity In Toronto Canada.

You can find them on:

adoptapet.com

It's called Annex Cat Rescue and Is based In Toronto.

I have sent an e mail with Odie's address and asked them to call round her house to check If the cats are OK. I have also asked them If they have taken any cats from Odie's address for re-homing.

I have given them my contact details so they can get In touch and up-date us If they call at her house.

Or... It would be so much less work If Tabby simply posted on this thread.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Mustang

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Mustang »

fuzzywuzzy;1372771 wrote: HI tabby, ( waves)

actually butterfly since "tabby" is checking out the thread maybe she would like to inform you more of the situation ...would be nice of her . I believe her be a friend of Odies or relative I think . Not sure, but it would be nice to hear how the family is doing after such a tragic loss.

I'm curious Fuzzywuzzy as to why you think "tabby" would be able to enlighten any of you where it concerns Odie. Tabby, the newbie, is from Virginia (USA) with 27 posts under her belt since she joined in October 2010. I don't recall Odie having any relatives in the USA, do you?

Is it a crime to go to a members thread and read what is being written by others?

oscar;1372774 wrote:

One night very late I checked the Obituaries.and saw one for a Joan. I assumed this was her and because It was very late, logged off. When I had more time on my hands, I went back and checked and It was a different Joan. I checked every Obituary column for Toronto and even did a search for Eticoke the town In Toronto where she lived and there was nothing. Fuzzy and another member has also done an extensive search and there Is no record anywhere. Her Facebook account Is also still live but there Is probably a good explanation for what I have written.

As Fuzzy said, perhaps Tabby would care to post and let us know how Odie's cats are doing?

Oscar, it's not required of a family to publish an obituary of their deceased. That's probably why nobody is finding one.

I don't see how a woman from Virgina (tabby) would know anything about the whareabouts of Odie's cats. So why all the finger pointing at tabby? That's got to make her feel very uncomfortable visiting FG.

Odie's x made the morgage payments on the house Odie lived in. With her passing away over a month ago, it's no surprise the telephone number was changed. Most likely, someone else is living in the house by now.

If Odie's cat pictures are bothering some of you, why not ask Bryn or Spot if they can be removed?
ButterflyPrincess

Sad news about Odie.

well I came back because this is where we met.. I kinda figured that someone had posted about it but I couldn't find it so I did it as a "just in case"

Thanks for the links. I appreciate it.. I'd like to read them.
ButterflyPrincess

Sad news about Odie.

isn't kinda strange that their is no record of Joan anywhere?? not even in the obits? hmmm..

I hope her cats find good homes.. don't you think her family would have taken care of that for her? I am sure they took them in to their homes or even to the humane society. I keep thinking about her son and granddaughter.. Her granddaughter isn't gonna know who she is.. so so sad.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

Mustang;1372785 wrote: I'm curious Fuzzywuzzy as to why you think "tabby" would be able to enlighten any of you where it concerns Odie. Tabby, the newbie, is from Virginia (USA) with 27 posts under her belt since she joined in October 2010. I don't recall Odie having any relatives in the USA, do you?

Is it a crime to go to a members thread and read what is being written by others?

Oscar, it's not required of a family to publish an obituary of their deceased. That's probably why nobody is finding one.

I don't see how a woman from Virgina (tabby) would know anything about the whareabouts of Odie's cats. So why all the finger pointing at tabby? That's got to make her feel very uncomfortable visiting FG.

Odie's x made the morgage payments on the house Odie lived in. With her passing away over a month ago, it's no surprise the telephone number was changed. Most likely, someone else is living in the house by now.

If Odie's cat pictures are bothering some of you, why not ask Bryn or Spot if they can be removed?

The pictures of the cats certainly do not bother me.

As I said In my previous post, there Is probably a reasonable explanation for It all.

We were looking for Obituary because we were going to send flowers.

Must dash... Got to find an alternator for the car before the spare parts shop shuts.
Snooz

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Snooz »

I never said the cat photos bothered me either, in fact I enjoy them. It just reminds me that we don't know what happened to them and I tend to worry. She seemed to love her pets as much as I do and it makes me a little weepy whenever I think of her cats either euthanized or sitting caged in a shelter unadoptable because of their age.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

SnoozeAgain;1372797 wrote: I never said the cat photos bothered me either, in fact I enjoy them. It just reminds me that we don't know what happened to them and I tend to worry. She seemed to love her pets as much as I do and it makes me a little weepy whenever I think of her cats either euthanized or sitting caged in a shelter unadoptable because of their age.
I told her husband on the phone that had It of been England, I would have taken the lot. I am the same as you and hate the thought of elderly cats being abandoned.

Some years ago the RSPCA siezed 5 cats In my village In an appalling state of neglect. They asked me to take one but I ended up taking the lot. All were pedigree's used as breeding machines. I re-homed the two Bengals because they were a law unto themselves. Extremely aggressive big buggers they were so I found homes where the people knew and had experience of the breed. Who ever decided that mating an Ocelot with a cat must have been bonkers... the end result was frightening.

http://www.bengalcat.co.uk/introduction.htm

Oh and just to be sure, I had them neutered before re-homing so another bastard couldn't use them as breeding machines.

As far as I know the pair ( Chip and Pin ) are lively In luxury and still terrorising the lesbian couple who took them.
Snooz

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Snooz »

I believe you mean leopard cat from Asia. Ocelots are native to the Americas.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

SnoozeAgain;1372803 wrote: I believe you mean leopard cat from Asia. Ocelots are native to the Americas.

Yes, You are right.

Anyway, It matters not, It was still a bonkers Idea to breed them. My two terrified me.... they could have been tigers for all I knew :wah:

What made matters worse was that they were both suffering from Cat Flu when I took them and I had to medicate them. In all a terrifying ordeal but they did recover well enough to terrorise my dogs.
fuzzywuzzy

Sad news about Odie.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Mustang;1372785 wrote: I'm curious Fuzzywuzzy as to why you think "tabby" would be able to enlighten any of you where it concerns Odie. Tabby, the newbie, is from Virginia (USA) with 27 posts under her belt since she joined in October 2010. I don't recall Odie having any relatives in the USA, do you?

pretty simple really ...because I was told she could .
Bryn Mawr

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1372826 wrote: pretty simple really ...because I was told she could .

Ah, another rumour to add to the mill - there appear to be a lot of those going about lately.
theia

Sad news about Odie.

Post by theia »

I'm finding some of the posts on this thread in really poor taste. I would imagine that any potential new members reading these would go elsewhere, and I wouldn't blame them.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Sad news about Odie.

Post by spot »

It's an insight into human nature. Perhaps we'll all improve after we've digested what's been said.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Snooz »

Sorry Theia, I shouldn't have brought up the leopard cats, that was totally uncalled for.
theia

Sad news about Odie.

Post by theia »

SnoozeAgain;1372830 wrote: Sorry Theia, I shouldn't have brought up the leopard cats, that was totally uncalled for.

That really made me laugh, Snooze, thank you...and maybe I also took a few steps down from my high horse too :o
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
fuzzywuzzy

Sad news about Odie.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bryn Mawr;1372827 wrote: Ah, another rumour to add to the mill - there appear to be a lot of those going about lately.

No not a rumour I was told that tabby could help us out .....and if so i thought that maybe she could ....what's rumourish about that? No one has insulted tabby nor anyone else in this thread . all I see is concern for Odies cats and sadness of not being able to send flowers .
Bryn Mawr

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1372832 wrote: No not a rumour I was told that tabby could help us out .....and if so i thought that maybe she could ....what's rumourish about that? No one has insulted tabby nor anyone else in this thread . all I see is concern for Odies cats and sadness of not being able to send flowers .

Rumour in that it is an unsupported statement taken at face value.

No problem with that, it's how we all get a lot of out information, but without corroboration it is still rumour.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

fuzzywuzzy;1372832 wrote: No not a rumour I was told that tabby could help us out .....and if so i thought that maybe she could ....what's rumourish about that? No one has insulted tabby nor anyone else in this thread . all I see is concern for Odies cats and sadness of not being able to send flowers .

I am afraid that this Is suspicious minds going Into over-drive and thinking the worst when there Is no grounds. Why Is some have to have an angle on anything, assume the worst and point fingers when they do not even know the details.?

When Shellbelle posted here originally that Odie was In hospital, I phoned Canada because I had a souvenir of Jock from Bristol Zoo and I was going to post It to cheer her up.

When I rang, I was told by Mike that she had died and I was too late. I asked him about funeral arrangements because I hoped to be able to send flowers. Mike told me at that stage that Odie's son was coming up from Alberta to arrange the funeral but at that moment In time, he had little knowledge of the location of the funeral or date.

I tried ringing again because Snooze was worried about Odie's cats.

We checked all the obituary colomns for Eticoke, Toronto and all of Toronto because my husband wanted to send her some flowers. He has a more forgiving nature than I and had been talking to Odie via private message on the forum owned by G Man for some time but of course, none of you here would have known that.

Fuzzy and another member did a search for me also to help find funeral arrangements before we were too late.

It was merely suggested that If the member Tabby was a relative of Odie's, then could they post to reassure Snooze about the fate of Odie's cats.

There Is nothing more to It than that. Make what you like of It but I have gone out of my way to find out about the cats for Snooze and for my husband to send her some flowers.

If you think that's sinister and ulterior motives, then It Is you who should be questioned, not Fuzzy and myself. Frankly, that's the last bloody time I try to do something nice for some-one or help another member. Today, I have even contacted a cat rescue charity In Toronto to see If they can help find out for Snooze about the cats..... why do I bother when you get crap like this?
Betty Boop

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1372837 wrote: I am afraid that this Is suspicious minds going Into over-drive and thinking the worst when there Is no grounds. Why Is some have to have an angle on anything, assume the worst and point fingers when they do not even know the details.?

When Shellbelle posted here originally that Odie was In hospital, I phoned Canada because I had a souvenir of Jock from Bristol Zoo and I was going to post It to cheer her up.

When I rang, I was told by Mike that she had died and I was too late. I asked him about funeral arrangements because I hoped to be able to send flowers. Mike told me at that stage that Odie's son was coming up from Alberta to arrange the funeral but at that moment In time, he had little knowledge of the location of the funeral or date.

We checked all the obituary colomns for Eticoke, Toronto and all of Toronto because my husband wanted to send her some flowers. He has a more forgiving nature than I and had been talking to Odie via private message on the forum owned by G Man for some time but of course, none of you here would have known that.

Fuzzy and another member did a search for me also to help find funeral arrangements before we were too late.

It was merely suggested that If the member Tabby was a relative of Odie's, then could they post to reassure Snooze about the fate of Odie's cats.

There Is nothing more to It than that. Make what you like of It but I have gone out of my way to find out about the cats for Snooze and for my husband to send her some flowers.

If you think that's sinister and ulterior motives, then It Is you who should be questioned, not Fuzzy and myself.

Errmmm, merely suggested? Last I witnessed it was being suggested that Tabby was actually Odie.
Snooz

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Snooz »

I appreciate your efforts, Oscar Mayer.
Bryn Mawr

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1372837 wrote: I am afraid that this Is suspicious minds going Into over-drive and thinking the worst when there Is no grounds. Why Is some have to have an angle on anything, assume the worst and point fingers when they do not even know the details.?

If you think that's sinister and ulterior motives, then It Is you who should be questioned, not Fuzzy and myself. Frankly, that's the last bloody time I try to do something nice for some-one or help another member. Today, I have even contacted a cat rescue charity In Toronto to see If they can help find out for Snooze about the cats..... why do I bother when you get crap like this?

I find very little sinister but I do find it surprising that a member who had been around for nearly a year and who lives several thousand miles away was picked out as being the oracle on all things Odie.

Given the fuss you're making about it maybe I should?
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

Betty Boop;1372838 wrote: Errmmm, merely suggested? Last I witnessed it was being suggested that Tabby was actually Odie. Odie faked her death to Fuzzy and another member before. We have been down this route before when you posted a conversation between the two on your facebook ramblings thread. As I said at the time, It was not unreasonable for Fuzzy and Quacks to question the circumstances when they had been conned before, Unfortunately, Odie pulled stunts such as that to get attention. Why she did It, I don't know but she did do It.

Because three of us , well, four actually because my husband also looked for an Obituary, could not find one, the question was raised when Tabby was watching all the threads about Odie and not others.

If Odie had not pulled stunts like she pulled on Fuzzy before, no-one would be questioning anything.

Regardless, Peter acted as an ear for her on G Man's forum and wanted to pay his respects. I tried my hardest to find out about the cats for Snooze and being a cat lover myself, I was also concerned.

If there Is any suspicion as to tabby being Odie, then you have to bear In mind some of the stunts pulled by Odie, If It was anyone else here, there would be no question but the suspicion, If any Is born out of Odie's own manipulative nature In the past and no-one should be held to account for wondering If she was pulling another stunt.

That's all I am saying.... I tried to do something nice for her and have done my damndest to find out about the cats.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

Bryn Mawr;1372840 wrote: I find very little sinister but I do find it surprising that a member who had been around for nearly a year and who lives several thousand miles away was picked out as being the oracle on all things Odie.

Given the fuss you're making about it maybe I should?

What fuss? Fuzzy and myself had never noticed a member before called Tabby. We had no knowledge of her joining and we never saw any posts from her especially myself when I have been away from the forum for some time. It was at the time of Odie's death that Tabby was watching the Odie threads and the first time we had seen the user name. It was just co-Incidence.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

SnoozeAgain;1372839 wrote: I appreciate your efforts, Oscar Mayer.

As soon as I hear anything from the animal charity, I will let you know. If no joy there, I can contact Shellbelle on facebook... she may know something.
Betty Boop

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Betty Boop »

oscar;1372842 wrote: Odie faked her death to Fuzzy and another member before. We have been down this route before when you posted a conversation between the two on your facebook ramblings thread. As I said at the time, It was not unreasonable for Fuzzy and Quacks to question the circumstances when they had been conned before, Unfortunately, Odie pulled stunts such as that to get attention. Why she did It, I don't know but she did do It.

Because three of us , well, four actually because my husband also looked for an Obituary, could not find one, the question was raised when Tabby was watching all the threads about Odie and not others.

If Odie had not pulled stunts like she pulled on Fuzzy before, no-one would be questioning anything.

Regardless, Peter acted as an ear for her on G Man's forum and wanted to pay his respects. I tried my hardest to find out about the cats for Snooze and being a cat lover myself, I was also concerned.

If there Is any suspicion as to tabby being Odie, then you have to bear In mind some of the stunts pulled by Odie, If It was anyone else here, there would be no question but the suspicion, If any Is born out of Odie's own manipulative nature In the past and no-one should be held to account for wondering If she was pulling another stunt.

That's all I am saying.... I tried to do something nice for her and have done my damndest to find out about the cats.

I can understand where the suspicion comes from, so far there has not been one tiny ounce of evidence to support the rumours and gossip circulating. Fair enough, those that doubt, keep it in mind, but wait for the evidence, until then it needs to be dropped like a hot potato if only out of respect for a grieving family that could be looking in here.
Bryn Mawr

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1372842 wrote: Odie faked her death to Fuzzy and another member before. We have been down this route before when you posted a conversation between the two on your facebook ramblings thread. As I said at the time, It was not unreasonable for Fuzzy and Quacks to question the circumstances when they had been conned before, Unfortunately, Odie pulled stunts such as that to get attention. Why she did It, I don't know but she did do It.

Firstly, given that you spoke to her family after the event, how can you possibly have and suspicion that it is a stunt? Do you believe that they're in on it too?

Secondly, why Tabby? She'd been a member for nearly a year before Odie died with nobody questioning her existence and then suddenly she's Odie in disguise watching how we're reacting.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

Betty Boop;1372846 wrote: I can understand where the suspicion comes from, so far there has not been one tiny ounce of evidence to support the rumours and gossip circulating. Fair enough, those that doubt, keep it in mind, but wait for the evidence, until then it needs to be dropped like a hot potato if only out of respect for a grieving family that could be looking in here.

Now that, I totally agree with. I am sorry I had to write what I had to write but there was a side to odie that some did not see. Her husband even spoke of that side to me on the phone and assured me, he knew how difficult she could be.

There will always be rumours BB when there Is no evidence... that is human nature after what Odie did once before.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

Bryn Mawr;1372847 wrote: Firstly, given that you spoke to her family after the event, how can you possibly have and suspicion that it is a stunt? Do you believe that they're in on it too?

Secondly, why Tabby? She'd been a member for nearly a year before Odie died with nobody questioning her existence and then suddenly she's Odie in disguise watching how we're reacting.

As I was away from FG for a long time, I have no idea when Tabby joined nor had I seen her name before.

Yes, I did speak to her husband and that's why I believed It. Some of us just found no Obituary odd but then as I said In my reply to Mustang, there was probably an explanation for that.
theia

Sad news about Odie.

Post by theia »

oscar;1372851 wrote: As I was away from FG for a long time, I have no idea when Tabby joined nor had I seen her name before.

Yes, I did speak to her husband and that's why I believed It. Some of us just found no Obituary odd but then as I said In my reply to Mustang, there was probably an explanation for that.

And so did the rest of us...there was no reason whatsoever to doubt it once you had begun the thread telling us about your call to the family. That's why I can't understand why there should be any doubt or mystery to it now.
fuzzywuzzy

Sad news about Odie.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

ahem....when I had to block Odie off FB I also had to block others that supported the fact she was deceased. (Friends in states of america .....could have had multiple accounts of course ) what I'm saying is her death last time was backed by others ...I sat and waited to have it confirmed elsewhere. Then I saw she was still posting here . Nice eh? I said nothing but blocked her from my FB account and those of my children. I also eventually blocked her here because she didn't understand her actions may have hurt and insisted on posting in threads of mine. I quietly went about my business not saying a word.

Things have gone on in this forum and outside of it that I have remained silent about. Firstly because it's the internet and full of weirdos, and well nothing really surprises me anymore. Secondly, for my own sanity because to say something would be just deplete of any real argument because of denials etc.. Thirdly, because some of you may think I can be a bit of a bitch and some do not understand my dry sense of humour ..............but when it comes to the serious real life stuff I'm very respectful and step up to the plate when neccesary.

It is my belief that Odie has fallen off the face of the earth, deceased or otherwise. I'm still waiting to have it confirmed . Why? because of the sick feeling I experienced last time when finding out about her supposed death. I would hate for anyone to go through that.

I share some things with people on here and some things with others off this site and around the world. As others would here, I see the good sides of people that others havent or I've seen the bad sides of people that others would be shocked about. but as the saying goes "all things internet" .

But in the end I make no apologies.
theia

Sad news about Odie.

Post by theia »

fuzzywuzzy;1372858 wrote: ahem....when I had to block Odie off FB I also had to block others that supported the fact she was deceased. (Friends in states of america .....could have had multiple accounts of course ) what I'm saying is her death last time was backed by others ...I sat and waited to have it confirmed elsewhere. Then I saw she was still posting here . Nice eh? I said nothing but blocked her from my FB account and those of my children. I also eventually blocked her here because she didn't understand her actions may have hurt and insisted on posting in threads of mine. I quietly went about my business not saying a word.

Things have gone on in this forum and outside of it that I have remained silent about. Firstly because it's the internet and full of weirdos, and well nothing really surprises me anymore. Secondly, for my own sanity because to say something would be just deplete of any real argument because of denials etc.. Thirdly, because some of you may think I can be a bit of a bitch and some do not understand my dry sense of humour ..............but when it comes to the serious real life stuff I'm very respectful and step up to the plate when neccesary.

It is my belief that Odie has fallen off the face of the earth, deceased or otherwise. I'm still waiting to have it confirmed . Why? because of the sick feeling I experienced last time when finding out about her supposed death. I would hate for anyone to go through that.

I share some things with people on here and some things with others off this site and around the world. As others would here, I see the good sides of people that others havent or I've seen the bad sides of people that others would be shocked about. but as the saying goes "all things internet" .

But in the end I make no apologies.

You clearly had some very unpleasant experiences with Odie and I can understand you being suspicious this time around. But wasn't Oscar's telephone call to Odie's family enough to allay your suspicions?
fuzzywuzzy

Sad news about Odie.

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm not going into the checks I have made. Nor my findings. I shall leave you all with your own thoughts.

From now on I am mute on the matter.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

theia;1372860 wrote: You clearly had some very unpleasant experiences with Odie and I can understand you being suspicious this time around. But wasn't Oscar's telephone call to Odie's family enough to allay your suspicions?

I will hold my hands up Theia and admit that because of the stunt pulled on Fuzzy and Quacks before and the fact that friends of Odie's on the Internet also claimed she had died to them, the thought did go through my head... Did Odie get Mike to say she had died on the phone'? simply because she had got others to say It before. If anyone here wants to think bad of me for thinking that then so be It but that stunt, Is not the only and first she pulled on people. Any suspicion Is a result of the lengths Odie sometimes went to In order to demand attention.
theia

Sad news about Odie.

Post by theia »

oscar;1372863 wrote: I will hold my hands up Theia and admit that because of the stunt pulled on Fuzzy and Quacks before and the fact that friends of Odie's on the Internet also claimed she had died to them, the thought did go through my head... Did Odie get Mike to say she had died on the phone'? simply because she had got others to say It before. If anyone here wants to think bad of me for thinking that then so be It but that stunt, Is not the only and first she pulled on people. Any suspicion Is a result of the lengths Odie sometimes went to In order to demand attention.

I can understand what you're saying, Oscar...I was taking your telephone call to Odie's family as the final answer with no room for doubt. But I can now understand your misgivings/doubts after what you've said.
Snooz

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Snooz »

For her cats' sake, I've got my fingers crossed this is a hoax. :thinking:
Bryn Mawr

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

SnoozeAgain;1372870 wrote: For her cats' sake, I've got my fingers crossed this is a hoax. :thinking:

Personally I'd very much doubt it but I would expect that her family have made provision for the cats.
Snooz

Sad news about Odie.

Post by Snooz »

Bryn Mawr;1372875 wrote: Personally I'd very much doubt it but I would expect that her family have made provision for the cats.

Sorry for being so obsessive about this but I've heard many stories about pets that were euthanized by the surviving family members because they just didn't want to be bothered. Not everyone thinks animals' lives are valuable. That's why it's a good thing to make provisions for them in the event of your unexpected death.
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

SnoozeAgain;1372878 wrote: Sorry for being so obsessive about this but I've heard many stories about pets that were euthanized by the surviving family members because they just didn't want to be bothered. Not everyone thinks animals' lives are valuable. That's why it's a good thing to make provisions for them in the event of your unexpected death.
I totally agree.

In England we have an animal charity called 'Dogs Trust' that used to be called 'National Canine Defence Laeague' but they also take cats.

Anyway, they have a scheme we joined a few years ago called 'Special Friend.

You register all your dogs details with them Including what they are fed on etc etc and you carry a card In your wallet at all times. Say In a case of a fatal car crash, this tells the emergency services there are dogs needing attention In your home..... but.... It states that under no circumstances are the dogs to be removed by anyone other than Dogs Trust. Because you make a provision to Dogs Trust In your will prior when registering, they keep your dogs for the rest of their natural lives.

D for Dog - Dogs Trust Canine Care Card
tabby

Sad news about Odie.

Post by tabby »

Oh wow, it surprised me to see my name mentioned in a thread here since I have no relation or affiliation with Odie whatsoever. That's quite a leap in assumption that some of you made simply because I happened to be reading some postings at the same time as other members.

Sorry, but I won't be able to further enlighten anyone regarding Odie or her beloved cats. What a sad thing to happen and I sincerely hope that all her pets have been able to be placed in loving homes.

I visit mainly these days as a quiet observer because I enjoy most if not all of the varied topics, insights and opinions. Do I have my own? Yes, of course but it felt like enough to just enjoy others for a while without having exert myself. Shame on me but it's true.

Now having said that ... I think it may be time to jump back in ... watch out! ;)
Oscar Namechange

Sad news about Odie.

tabby;1372893 wrote: Oh wow, it surprised me to see my name mentioned in a thread here since I have no relation or affiliation with Odie whatsoever. That's quite a leap in assumption that some of you made simply because I happened to be reading some postings at the same time as other members.

Sorry, but I won't be able to further enlighten anyone regarding Odie or her beloved cats. What a sad thing to happen and I sincerely hope that all her pets have been able to be placed in loving homes.

I visit mainly these days as a quiet observer because I enjoy most if not all of the varied topics, insights and opinions. Do I have my own? Yes, of course but it felt like enough to just enjoy others for a while without having exert myself. Shame on me but it's true.

Now having said that ... I think it may be time to jump back in ... watch out! ;)

Well Thank You very much for posting and clearing that up Tabby.

We did rather hope you were something to do with Odie as you may have been avle to throw some light on the fate of the cats.

So sorry to have dragged you Into things but we noticed you on line around the time Odie died and Fuzzy and myself and another member had not seen you post before.

Now that's cleared that up.... Thanks again.

Return to “Members' News”