I want to share my story...

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

When I brought my newborn son home from the hospital almost three years ago I was so amazingly happy. Up until that point I was in a very dark place because I could not have children naturally, and we were on a waiting list with an adoption agency...

So...

When we got home and started to settle in as a a family I noticed I still had some sadness. I was overweight, unhealthy and a smoker. My husband and I were fighting because we had just been thrown into a stressful situation. So I started thinking...

I decided I would start going to out local gym to get out of the house and have some quiet time to myself. It was just what I needed. In under three years I have quit smoking, dropped almost fifty pounds, started running and made some amazing friends. The endorphins from all of this exercising have given more patience and happiness than I know what to do with. I feel great. I am a much more positive person and have noticed I am always finding the silver lining. And the best part is, Im healthy for my son and teaching him good habits. I'll also be around for him a lot longer...

But I honestly cant believe what a great mood I am in all the time and how much energy I have.

Anyone else have a story like this?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I got my thyroid checked, found out I'm suffering from hypothyroidism and started the meds prescribed. Amazingly, my "PMS" went away and I've been much more calm and pleasant. I had no idea how anxious I had been until it wasn't there anymore. Weird, huh?

Good job on the weight loss and quitting smoking.
WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

The smoking was the absolute hardest thing Ive ever done. And I still have slip-ups now and again. My sister is currently battling a prescription drug addiction so that has added some stress and I dont know how to deal with stress other than to smoke. But Ive done good so far...
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeAgain;1371784 wrote: Amazingly, my "PMS" went away and I've been much more calm and pleasant.Blimey, if it worked on you it'd work on anyone - I'll get my thyroid tested immediately. I'd be on most people's list of who needs it.

As for the notion of running proffered in the OP there may be a cut-off date beyond which the human frame can't start up that path. Whatever it's set at, I'm five years older. Besides if I want endorphins I bet there's an Internet supplier in Thailand eager to post me several bottles. I'm not sure I could cope with sudden onset patience and happiness though.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

spot;1371788 wrote: Blimey, if it worked on you it'd work on anyone - I'll get my thyroid tested immediately. I'd be on most people's list of who needs it.

As for the notion of running proffered in the OP there may be a cut-off date beyond which the human frame can't start up that path. Whatever it's set at, I'm five years older. Besides if I want endorphins I bet there's an Internet supplier in Thailand eager to post me several bottles. I'm not sure I could cope with sudden onset patience and happiness though.

Haha. I remember there were days when I just wanted to pick a fight with you, spot. But that is the old me....I was an ugly person. :)
WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

It helped that I could quit my stressful job (home sales). I work out two hours a day, six days a week. So its A LOT! It took a lot of hard work to push through it. Ive finally made it to the point where I feel awful if I DONT go.
spot

Post by spot »

WAMOMMA;1371790 wrote: Haha. I remember there were days when I just wanted to pick a fight with you, spot. But that is the old me....I was an ugly person. :)Not at all. It's good to see you back, I hope you enjoy the site again. And by all means tell me if I start going off the rails, I do know I need watching.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

WAMOMMA;1371791 wrote: It helped that I could quit my stressful job (home sales). I work out two hours a day, six days a week. So its A LOT! It took a lot of hard work to push through it. Ive finally made it to the point where I feel awful if I DONT go.

Who do you think you are, Madonna? Two hours every day IS a lot.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I went through a bad depression three years ago - quit smoking in 2007 and packed on a BUNCH of weight along with added health issues to come with the weight including but not limited to depression. It took me a long time to come out of it and I finally started to lose weight about a year ago and I am going in for another sleep study to see if I still need the bipap machine for sleep apnea. I am not able to exercise due to lifestyle at the moment, but desperately want to. So thankful for liking what I see in the mirror these days though!

Happy for you btw! Good job on focusing on the positive!
WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

WHENEVER YOU ARE READY WENDY, I THINK WE LIVE VERY CLOSE TO EACHOTHER. ;) We can workout together....
WAMOMMA

Post by WAMOMMA »

I should say UP to 2 hrs, Snooze. Some days 1, some days 1.5...

Return to “Members' News”