FG Arcade Virus?

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Richard Bell

FG Arcade Virus?

Post by Richard Bell »

I was making my usual rounds on the internet late Sunday (Sept. 4), and came over to FG around 12:15 AM (Sept.5).Glanced at the new posts, then clicked on to the Arcade.Immediately at that point, Avast went crazy and told me I had acquired a trojan malware virus. I deleted it immediately, and it hit me again! Deleted it a second time.

I beat a quick retreat, ran Avast on a thorough scan, then ran Malwarebytes

(Thanks, Carla :yh_worshp ) on a thorough scan.Both results were clean.No issues since then.

Anybody else have problems, or was it just a coincidence?
Bryn Mawr

FG Arcade Virus?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Richard Bell;1368354 wrote: I was making my usual rounds on the internet late Sunday (Sept. 4), and came over to FG around 12:15 AM (Sept.5).Glanced at the new posts, then clicked on to the Arcade.Immediately at that point, Avast went crazy and told me I had acquired a trojan malware virus. I deleted it immediately, and it hit me again! Deleted it a second time.

I beat a quick retreat, ran Avast on a thorough scan, then ran Malwarebytes

(Thanks, Carla :yh_worshp ) on a thorough scan.Both results were clean.No issues since then.

Anybody else have problems, or was it just a coincidence?

I've just been in and looked around with no problems but I'm not running Avast.

Have you had any comeback since Monday?

Anyone else using Avast had and problems?

I'll start checking out the server but there have been no alarm bells from this end.
Snooz

FG Arcade Virus?

Post by Snooz »

I just checked and my Avast! stayed very serene. I only looked at Mahjong though.
Richard Bell

FG Arcade Virus?

Post by Richard Bell »

Everything seems OK now, except Avast (man, do I love Avast) has intercepted a few trojan attacks over the last week while I was on other forums, but they haven't taken root.

The initial attack occurred on Sept. 5 the very instant I clicked on to the arcade.May have been coincidental.That one got through, but Avast notified me with that startling siren, and it dealt with it, but not until it came back a second time, immediately after deleting it the first time. I then bumped up my "resident protection" from "normal" to "high", which may be why it hasn't been able plant itself now.

Thanks for checking, Bryn.
Bryn Mawr

FG Arcade Virus?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Richard Bell;1369290 wrote: Everything seems OK now, except Avast (man, do I love Avast) has intercepted a few trojan attacks over the last week while I was on other forums, but they haven't taken root.

The initial attack occurred on Sept. 5 the very instant I clicked on to the arcade.May have been coincidental.That one got through, but Avast notified me with that startling siren, and it dealt with it, but not until it came back a second time, immediately after deleting it the first time. I then bumped up my "resident protection" from "normal" to "high", which may be why it hasn't been able plant itself now.

Thanks for checking, Bryn.

You're welcome Sir - glad the b*#@! didn't get through your defences.

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”